Start by marking “House of Whispers (Fear Street Sagas, #2)” as Want to Read:
House of Whispers (Fear Street Sagas, #2)

House of Whispers (Fear Street Sagas #2)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  613 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Welcome to the house of Fear.

The dark power of the Fear family consumes all those connected with it, The Fears. Those they love--and hate. The entire town of Shadyside. All are tainted forever by the evil of the family's curse. No one can escape.

Amy Pierce knows nothing of the terrifying Fear history when she arrives for a visit with Simon and Angelica Fear. Their New Orle
Published June 1st 1996 by Simon Pulse (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about House of Whispers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about House of Whispers

Matilda by Roald DahlScary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin SchwartzCharlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald DahlJames and the Giant Peach by Roald DahlHarriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
90s Kids
86th out of 154 books — 23 voters
Harry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingJ.R.R. Tolkien 4-Book Boxed Set by J.R.R. TolkienThe Twilight Collection by Stephenie MeyerThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisPercy Jackson and the Olympians Boxed Set by Rick Riordan
The Best Omnibuses and Box Sets
178th out of 394 books — 1,502 voters

More lists with this book...

Fen Fen
This book was Just Okay in my opinion. Just the same typical stories like any other Fear Streer Sagas Series : old creepy mansion, cruel fear family, cruel witches & protagonist innocent girl. This book tells about Amy that sent into Angelica Fear mansion because of her family condition...first, Angelica seems to be trust..but day by day..Amy faces any strange & horrific things happened in front of her eyes. One by one people that close to Angelica is died in very horrific way, and yeah. ...more
Patricia (Patricia's Particularity)
Amy Pierce is sent to stay with her cousin, Angelica Fear, and her children while Amy's mother is taking care of her father from being wounded in war. Amy has heard some rumors about the Fear family and their involvement in the dark arts. But Amy refuses to believe in idle gossip... but things change the moment she walks across the threshold of the Fear Mansion. Right away Amy feels something is not right, confirmed when her cousin shows her a pack of tarot cards, which literally call to her! Fo ...more
Ria
Amy Pierce terpaksa harus pindah kerumah Bibinya karena Ibunya harus merawat ayahnya yang menjadi korban perang. Sebenarnya Amy enggan untuk tinggal dirumah bibinya ditempat keluarga Fear, karena ia sering mendengar desas-desus kalau Simon dan Angelica (bibinya) menganut ilmu hitam.
Awalnya Amy berusaha tidak menaruh curiga pada bibinya, namun hingga ia melihat 3 kematian terjadi. Amy dalam bahaya ia harus keluar dari rumah keluarga Fear.
Tegang deh bacanya >,< seruuu dan aku suka endingnya
Melanie
Read this as a teen, and loved the story, even though I think it gave me bad dreams. I've always been a sucker for a good scary/horror story. This one was well thought, I loved the idea of a little tornado of souls lurking around at night.
Une histoire bien pensée, j'ai beaucoup aimé l'idée d'une colonne d'âmes qui errent dans les couloirs une fois la nuit tombée.
Emily
I love this series! This is the 2nd in a long series that is very captivating and holds the reader's attention throughout the entire series! Love it! It's a quick read that can be done in a day!
Cynthia Ha
It was awsome. The story of the book was scary and you need to find out whether Amy can survive in the Fear's family!!!!!!
Jaime
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Brittany
I read this book while in middle school. I was a HUGE R.L. Stine fan and like most of his other books, I couldn't put it down.
Christina Fisher
I have no idea why I love this book so much, but I think it's because it's one of the few books that have actually scared me.
Fariha
appearances can be deceiving and ur nearest ones can be evil!
Richard Blanchard
Not a fun house to stay in! My heart sank!
Jaspreet
I don't really know what's gonna happen though
Wikinerd
Angelica I think her name is she was crazy.
☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~
I LOVE THIS BOOK! It's the best!
Hallie
Really creepy... But really good.
Megan
#2 in the Fear Street Saga Series.
Tahreem Shafique
ANJELICA IS SO MEAN TO JULIA.
Cherry
Cherry added it
Oct 28, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Cate Esser
Cate Esser marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
  • Party Line
  • Guilty (Nightmare Hall, #6)
  • Last Act
  • The Diary
  • What Kind of Love?: The Diary of a Pregnant Teenager
  • Dawn's Book (The Baby-Sitters Club Portrait Collection)
  • The Stalker
  • The Carnival Ghost (Sweet Valley Twins Super Chiller, #3)
  • Fatal Bargain (Vampire's Promise, #3)
  • The Yearbook

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)