Eye Candy

Eye Candy

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Lindy Sampson is a twenty-three-year-old New Yorker with a problem: She’s too beautiful. Guys are intimidated by her. Her roommate suggests Internet dating and writes a Personal ad for Lindy, calling her “Eye Candy.” The responses pour in. Suddenly, Lindy is dating four guys at once–and having the time of her life. Until she gets a terrifying note that warns: “Don’t say no...more
Published September 28th 2004 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about Eye Candy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eye Candy

Elle
Wow, so this is the same R.L. Stine who wrote all those "Goosebumps" books I read and adored as a child, except it's not the same R.L. Stine at all. This is a much darker Stine who has continued to write horror books, except this time they are for adults and very likely directed toward the audience of readers who all read his "Goosebumps" as children, only we are all grown up now. And what can I say? I'm a sucker for a good Stine book. Just like all his other books, he has a way with words that...more
A slight bit creepy. Actually it's completely creepy of a read. The wicked things that can actually happen to a person. I have to say this is quite a different outlook on R.L Stine's end. I have never seen him do anything like this. Most of his books are for much younger folks.

I'm not really sure if this should be targeted for younger adults or not. I guess it depends on how you look at younger adults. It wasn't a horrible book but sometimes I did get lost in it (as in thinking about other boo...more
Alice
This book is about a girl named Lindsy Sampson who meets 4 guys on an online dating service who are interested in her. You know, at first its cool cause its like "oh im attractive" but actually, it turns out into a nightmare when she gets a note from one of the guys threatening her to choose him. what a creeper right? So she's struggling to find out which of the guys is the threat. Okay so, this book, like most of R.L Stine's books are supposedly suspenseful but predictable. it wasn't that great...more
Drucilla
Jan 22, 2012 Drucilla rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: s
So I didn't realize this when I first read it, but this is an adult book. Not Stine's usual target audience. The story is interesting, especially considering that when it was written internet dating was just starting to become big. I usually hate characters that are "so beautiful they intimidate people" but I actually liked Lindy. She lost her boyfriend in the line of duty and is just trying to move on with her life and then this happens. (view spoiler)...more
Christy
I picked this book b/c I used to love R.L. Stine. This is the first adult novel I have read of his. Eye Candy is about a girl named Lindy whose friend sets her up on an online dating site. Soon Lindy is dating 4 guys at once, but one of those she believes in a stalker and creep, as the keeps getting threatening messages "keep saying yes or else." A good read, but could of been better and more suspenseful, I guess its b/c I have already so many of Stine's books. If you are a Fear Street/R.L. Stin...more
This books is put together in an intresting way going from one persons view to another every few chapters. Still in first person but the person in the book is changing the "killer" and Lindy at first i could have sworn that it was all really happening to her but it wasn't. At first It didn't seem like something that I didn't want to read but as I got into it it became really hard to stop reading even in school
Merredith
R.L Stine! Yes, brings back memories of 6th grade. But this is an adult book. Chapters alternate between a guy killing women on dates, and a woman who is dating men off the internet, but receiving threats, telling her that she has to keep saying yes to all of them or else. It was a quick, entertaining book with a lil twisty ending. This would be a good beach read now that it's almost time for that stuff!
Jen
This was an interesting read. Ending was a a bit of a surprise. Once into it, it was hard to put down, because you wanted to know who "the one" was, but when you found out who it was, it was actually kind of anti-climatic.
Written in true Stine fashion, I recommend this book to anyone wanting a quick read of the suspense kind.
Kathryn
One of RL Stines early "adult" novels, this one reads like an instalment in the Fear Street series with a few swear words thrown in. The protagonist turns to the internet to look for love, but finds herself a stalker instead. Which of her potential love interests is responsible. Or is it someone else entirely?
Hannah Chase
I've read this book about four times since I was in seventh grade. I absolutely love it and it's worth the read. I had no idea R.L. Stine made adult books, I was in love with Goosebumps when I was a kid. When I found out he wrote adult books, I was quite happy. He's a wonderful writer and creator.
Julie_ian_curtis
i kinda guessed the killer - i had it down to two choices and one was rite. however i have been reading RL STINE since i was about 13 so its not hard to guess. this was an RL STINE typical plot but with no YA typical stuff. still better than 'superstitious' which i was not a fan of.
Kathleen
This is one of my favorite books by R. L. Stine! I have read this like five times and never get bored of it! Even though I know the ending and what happens it still has me at the edge of my seat! I really recommened this book!
Mayrallavayol Gmailcom
This was the first adult book I read by R.L.Stine and it was actually pretty interesting. It was much different from his usual work but still it had me interested from the very first chapter.
Yolanda
I liked this book. It covers the danger that anyone could encounter when meeting someone over the Internet. This book confirmed why I never wanted to try Internet dating when it first came out.
Irma Tijerina
It was a fast, fun read, but it seemed like the author couldn't make up his mind on the ending. It sort of reminded me of James Patterson's books except he has better endings.
Jaime
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Ariel C.
This book was really good.In every chapter something good or bad happens.The sad thing is that almost everybody is gettin killed.
Mycki
In the process of reading this...not normally my style of book but it was borrowed from a friend and it's decent.
Emily
This was different from other R. L. Stine books of the past, but it was okay for being a stand alone.
Karishma B
what could be so bad about this book, just continue along the idiotic path of this book's plot.
Christa
I remember it being twisted. Glad R.L. Stine started writing adult novels.
Courtney
One of my favorite books i love the mystery and the love lines
Nicolle
lame story line and plot. christopher pike is much better!
Danna
Is this a horror book or an erotica?
Morghen
Morghen marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Nerdy Reader
Nerdy Reader marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Vikky Stevens
Vikky Stevens marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)