The Secret (The Fear Street Saga, #2)

The Secret (The Fear Street Saga Trilogy #2)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  2,940 ratings  ·  62 reviews
In this terrifying new trilogy, R.L. Stine takes readers back in time, telling them finally the awful truth of what happened to the cursed Fear family . . . and why their evil lives on. Simon Fier meets an old gypsy who tells him his family will all die in a terrible fire. Terrified, he changes the family name to Fear, but he can't escape the curse.
Mass Market Paperback, 147 pages
Published September 1st 1993 by Simon Pulse

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Best Books With Witches
164th out of 863 books — 1,605 voters
Remember Me by Christopher PikeProm Dress by Lael LittkeTrick or Treat by Richie Tankersley CusickBury Me Deep by Christopher PikeApril Fools by Richie Tankersley Cusick
1980's- early 90's Young Adult Fiction
58th out of 118 books — 58 voters

More lists with this book...

Donna
More bodies for Stine!

He also has this thing for wanting to shove young characters together in marriage after, like, five days of knowing each other. I don’t know if he was trying to make it period-specific or if he was just fueling the plot (and it was part of the plot, you know, the only way to end the curse was to have a Goode and a Fier marry, duh) but there was a lot of WE MUST MARRY going on here.

And more bodies. Young bodies, too. Age is not a discriminating factor for Stine. Neither is g...more
Drucilla
I didn't have any serious problems with this book. I liked the way the feud is handled as it's passed down from generation to generation. In the beginning section of the book, the idea behind the curse seems to be more of a self-fulfilling curse, which would be a great layer to add. However, then it seems to be that the Goode family can only find the Fiers if they are in possession of the necklace. I hope this becomes a little more clear in the last volume. (view spoiler)...more
T
Over 17 years later and I still remember how awesome this saga (series) was. He very exquisitely captured the essence of the days of 'olde' and I felt like I was being transported in time. Obviously some of the details of the story have slipped away with time, but the emotions and feelings that Stein’s tales elicited have steadfastly remained throughout the years and I struggle to recall another novel that has so markedly “transported me through and to another time!” Of course there’s the possib...more
Tori
The weakest of the trilogy...but it's no bore! Worth a read if you're reading the trilogy or if you love Stine.
Lindsay Heller
I figured it was only appropriate to continue my sojourn into my adolescence and continue this trilogy to it's completion. 'The Secret' is the second installment in the Fear Street Saga, the explanation into all the evil that occurs on that particular street in Shadyside in R.L. Stine's book series Fear Street. There's really not a lot to say about this that I didn't say about the first book, 'The Betrayal' so I wont go into it. But, when I was younger there were two factions; Christopher Pike f...more
Tuyet Bui
The secret is safe with me! I promise will not to spill the good part out but I would like to talk about the book a little. The love birds finally found the key to break the curse but is it worth it? Death is not an answer, is it? You'll have to see the book because the secret is safe with me. (;
EJ
Loved this when I was 13
Sakura Koneko
Aug 12, 2007 Sakura Koneko rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: anyone who likes the supernatural
This book continues the intriguing story of how Fear Street became cursed the way it is. Having read and (surprisingly) enjoyed the first book in this series, I decided to check this one out as well.

I began to feel very sorry for the people on both sides of the curse in these books, the Fiers and the Goodes, as so many horrible things happened to them.
Kayla
When I was younger I picked up this book in the Library, unaware that it was part of a series. It was a little confusing to read but I remember really liking it when it was done. If I didn't already have so many other books to read I would re-read this book along with the others in the series.
Ria
Di buku ini Nore menceritakan sebuah rahasia lama antara keluarga Fear dan keluarga Goode. Ckckckc ada ya kutukan keluarga sampai beratus-ratus tahun. Dibuku ini aku jadi tau ternyata nama keluarga Fear tadinya bukan Fear tapi Fier. Namun sama Simon diganti menjadi Fear.
Lashay Op
this book if for more of the matture R.L. stine readers. well at least to me it is. this one gets deep into a faimly feud that has lasted for years. well one day something happens. a horrible thing . i would hate to be that persons shoes. i like love this book verry suspensful.
Candrayu Sotyaningtyas
serial ini sdh habis 1 persewaan buku saya baca koleksinya, hihii ... habis persewaan bukunya tinggal salto nyampe deh, di dpn rmh siih ;p ( rmh hayamwuruk dlu ).
yah, cerita thriller abg gitu ... lumayan lah, utk ngisi waktu drpd ngelamun yg macem2, hehee ...
Peter
The second part is not my favorite mainly because my history knowledge is not enough to comprehend the setting of the story therefore I couldn't imagine it. Still great suspense and unexpected ending. A bit too unexpected. I feel it's very cop out.
Brianna
I really liked this book. It was a good teen thriller. But i made a mistake and read part 2 before part 1. ALWAYS READ BOOKS IN ORDER OR ELSE YOU WILL BE CONFUSED!!! But if you're a fan of R.L. Stine's work then you'll enjoy this book.
Becca
I read this book when I was a teen and revisited it about a year ago. Although still good my matured sense of mystery, suspense, gore, and horrow wanted more. Still it was good to look back at how spooky this was when I was younger.
Seth Courrégé
This was my least favorite book in the Fear Street Saga, if I remember correctly (I may not, it's been a while), but all three of these books were pretty good. I'd suggest them for any pre-teens or early teens.
Lauren
This book was scary enough at a young age to be fully entertaining as an adult as well. The story and concept is wonderful and R.L. Stine has a knack for being able to create a spooky atmosphere.
Christy Sherrill
Jan 24, 2008 Christy Sherrill rated it 2 of 5 stars Recommends it for: people who like to read about girls as victims
This is the type of R.L. Stine books I read, none of the Goosebumps stuff, it was after my time. Read lot and lots of these books. It was kinda like the Xflies for girls.
San
Obviously, its not as exciting as it was when I was a kid. But I can see why it did fascinate me. Not so bad.Definitely satisfied that fearstreet craving!
Jaime
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Brittany
I read this book while in middle school. I was a HUGE R.L. Stine fan and like most of his other books, I couldn't put it down.
Melly
The Secret was a very scary book to, it is the second book to The Betrayal!!So to understand this book you must read # 1
Mariah
This whole series kept me on the egde of my seat fill with magic and death, love and tragic things... it's a must read series
Christina
This was one of my favorite R.L. Stine books growing up. Loved the whole trilogy. It was fun to reread and reminisce.
Kristina
The best one in the series--if I remember correctly there's something about a well that's particularly unsettling.
Madamemortician
Got these when I was younger and have read them a few times over the years. Just an easy read to do in a few hours.
an
baca buku ini, langsung ngebayangin skul di luar negeri, yang ga banyak mata pelajaran na...

^.^
One of my favorite series as a kid. Had to re-read it when I found it in a bookstore for 25 cents!!
Khadiija Ndaw
amazingh gmgyfiyubh
uhbhiyk p

uukmmgjmrrfhn8 ygy y8 yv8 7 o8ooubhgtrsraevb shefdthc h hgyu
yo
Maya
Don't you think it's amazing how vendetta can last for years and trough out generations??
  • Road to Nowhere (reissue)
  • Fog (Losing Christina, #1)
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • Baby-Sitters' Winter Vacation (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #3)
  • The Wakefield Legacy: The Untold Story (Sweet Valley High)

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)