Start by marking “Strong And Sexy” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Strong And Sexy

Jill Shalvis

Strong And Sexy (Sky High Air #2)

4.02  ·  Rating Details ·  2,273 Ratings  ·  110 Reviews
Blowing It All Sky High

Shayne Mahoney is the laid-back, easygoing rebel in his family. But running Sky High Air--a charter airline catering to the rich and famous--is a dream come true, especially with in-flight specials like kissing his client's beautiful, brainy daughter in a cozy coat closet. But before Shayne can say "Fasten Your Seat Belts," Dani claims to witness a m
Published April 2nd 2013 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Strong And Sexy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strong And Sexy

Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐3 STARS⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Jessi
Dani Peterson is very attracted to Shayne Mahoney. She walks into a party at her mother's house, some place she doesn't normally go to. But this time, she sees an incredibly handsome man and ends up in a closet with him. In a romantic sort of way. Yep. And then calls on his help later when she thinks she witnesses a murder. Then there are people stalking her and bullets. It's a crazy, fast read.

The more I think about this story, the more I have issues (view spoiler)
Patti K
May 28, 2013 Patti K rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Second entry to the series. I loved Dani - she was a hot mess, but she was tenacious and funny. Shayne was hot, hot, hot and all kinds of sweet and awesome. This one grounded our hero for most of the story, given that there wasn't an adventure away but in their back yard that brought Dani and Shayne together. The twist at the end was obvious when it was revealed (given the breadcrumbs dropped), but I hadn't really thought much about it until it happened. I'm not a mystery reader in general, so I ...more
Cindi
Normally I love Jill Shalvis, so it really pissed me off that I didn't care for this one. But I am curious about the friends who will likely be the next subjects so I will try this series one more time...
Sonia Cristina
Muito parecido com o primeiro volume desta trilogia, com um romance muito rápido em que os protagonistas caem nos braços um do outro num instante e uma pequena história de ação e mistério cujo criminoso se revelou mesmo uma surpresa.
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
much better than book 1
Alex is The Romance Fox

Book Description: In a family of serious over-achievers, Shayne Mahoney has always been the laid-back, easy-going rebel. But running Sky High Air - a charter airline catering to the rich and famous - is a dream come true, in-flight specials included. Like kissing his client's beautiful, brainy daughter in a coat closet. But before Shayne can say "Fasten Your Seatbelts," Dani claims to witness a murder, gets stalked in her own apartment, and as added bonus, gets them both shot at by a mystery sni
Susan
Jun 23, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. Shayne first saw Dani at a party Sky High was giving for her mother. She was messy, klutzy and adorable according to Shayne, who had never before been attracted to anyone like her. I loved their first kiss in the closet, when they were both blown away by their reactions to each other. When Dani witnessed a murder, then the body disappeared, someone shot at her, then there was another disappearing body, she wasn't sure if she was going crazy or if someone really was out to get her ...more
Michelle
Apr 04, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another re-release from Jill Shalvis that I’m just picking up this time around. Strong and Sexy is the second in the Sky High series and I feel it can be read as a stand-alone but I do suggest going back and starting at the beginning because this series is a lot of fun so far. Shayne and his two best friends own Sky High Airways, catering to chartered trips to the rich and spoiled of LA. During a high class party for one of their valued customers, Shayne meets Dani, the quirky, independent daugh ...more
Brenda Margriet
I started reading JS with the Animal Magnetism books, and really, that was unfair to almost all her other books (except Lucky Harbor, maybe).

I enjoyed S&S, but it lacked a certain something the later books have (experience?) It is a suspense, in that the heroine is in danger, keeps seeing dead bodies that disappear, and the hero has to believe her without real evidence.

I really liked Dani...she's clutzy and fun and smart. Shayne (why the 'y'?) is supposed to be the laid back guy, but he has
Ana Banda
Oct 24, 2012 Ana Banda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shayne Mahoney te amo♥
Que belleza de hombre, en el primero era el típico playboy mejor amigo siempre dispuesto a ayudar pero nada mas, me encanto descubrir lo que realmente es & darme cuenta que es precioso.. el hombre que todas quisiéramos tener & que nos amaras así de intensamente.
Dani una lindura, siempre acostumbrada a hacer todo sola&cuando vio que alguien podia ayudarla se asusto. Ame la manera de cuidar de Shayne al final.

Estuvo ligerito respecto a lo del acosador & así, p
Deanna Against Censorship
Not her best. Cute story. I like Shayne despite the unusual spelling. Dani was not fully developed as a complete character. The dialog with her siblings was too short and we readers were lacking in closure. Where were all the bodies? How did the person/s who was toying with Dani get into all the places? The story just needed more for the reader in order to be a good story. Quick fun read but left me still hungry.
Carla
Nov 09, 2014 Carla rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I liked this book, the second in the Sky High Air series, much better than the first. The characters are better developed and the plot makes more sense (although one has to actively suspend disbelief). The story had good romantic tension and enough humor to keep me entertained. A fun escape read.
Mareli
Jul 25, 2011 Mareli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
more 3.5 stars for me.

I like the story, this one has a really loooooong night, maybe 70 pages ;) but I didn't like the heroine so much, too stubborn on her independence and not able to understand what's happening around her.

He was a very likable and strong hero.
Shelita
This one was so much better than the previous one.
Sonia
Jun 26, 2012 Sonia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mejor que el primero pero sigue siendo muy corto para contener toda la acción y además desarrollar los personajes. Presentación de Brody y Maddy, que casi son lo mejor.
Amber Brownlow
Feb 24, 2017 Amber Brownlow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed getting a look into Shayne and Dani's relationship. I also really enjoyed the mystery/crime aspect of the story; it kept me guessing right until the end when everything was brought to conclusion. Once again, Jill did a wonderful job of writing and creating an engaging story. In a few parts, I found myself hoping Dani wasn't as crazy as people thought she was.

The only aspect of this story that I didn't really like was that Shayne seemed to take so long to figure out both his own
Anita
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

This second installment to the Sky High Air trilogy is definitely loads more enjoyable than the first. Jill Shalvis' humor and charm has its chance to shine in a much better fashion with a better set of main characters in Shayne and Dani.

The story's plot itself was a bit flimsy, but I overall enjoyed the character interactions better and liked the heroine more. It's still not Lucky Harbor caliber, but it'll do.

The Story in Brief:
Between seeing disappearing dead bodies and
Cruth
Author: Jill Shalvis
First published: 2008
Length: 305 pages, 3324 kindle locations
Setting: Contemporary. Various locations.
Sex: Explicit. Frequent.
Hero: Pilot
Heroine: Zoo keeper
Includes: Excerpts from Smart and Sexy and Superb and Sexy

It seems the theme of this trilogy is:
~ girl gets into trouble through no fault of her own
~ needs to travel/fly to various places to resolve trouble
~ takes unwilling sexy pilot with her
~ much sex ensues
~ resulting in passionate HEA.

An easy plot/mystery for an easy r
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

STRONG AND SEXY is the second book of the Sky High series and is a reprint of one of Shalvis’s older titles. As a fan of Shalvis for awhile now, I actually managed to miss this series when I was gloming through her backlist titles, but I am glad I discovered it. While the Sky High series definitely has the charm and the sexiness that all of Shalvis’s books have, this book is slightly different in that it had a bit of romantic suspense in it. I will say that the suspense gave this book an extra
Pattianne
Strong and Sexy - High Sky Air #2 - (Shane and Dani)

Nessa
Jun 27, 2016 Nessa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first quarter of the book was intriguing but later it just got boring and the only thing keeping me going was the satisfying sexual tension between the other characters Brody and Maddie.

OUR HERO is a typical player type but also the black sheep of his family, who surprisingly doesnt have so much of a personality issue except for commitment which I think he had no problem with at all. So that was a downer because he wasnt much of a challenge.

OUR HEROINE intrigued me because she was supposedl
Cindy
Jun 20, 2010 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read - action plot, fun dialog, quirky characters and strong leads with believable vulnerabilities... You occasionally want to throttle various members of his and her families - they consider her 'crazy' because she's doing what she loves [even if it does involve shoveling elephant poop and giving enemas to camels:] and think he's nothing but a 'taxi driver' [even though he has helped found and maintain a million dollar business:].

The characters from Smart and Sexy are all back in this book
Gwen
Dec 30, 2013 Gwen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This has been the worst book of all Jill's books that I had read. I got all 3 of this series from the library. I am glad I did not pay for it. #2 strong & sexy was available first so I started with that. I had to skim to get through it. I was going to skip the next 2 but I will skim through them so I can say I have read all all her books. These are badly written fluff characters.
I have seen cute and clumsy done well but this is not Dani as she is written. She cimes across to me as slow and s
Alyssa
Dec 30, 2013 Alyssa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
i was disappointed with this book. The "person" responsible for all the shit happening was a bit expected and a bit common. come on, i have read a lot of stories with characters like that. i would have preferred if there was someone else responsible like the steps or the bff -i know they're still common but heck, that'd be better-.
there should also be more stories about the families and not just concentrate on how Dani makes a fool of herself. don't get me wrong, i love Dani.

the only thing i li
Moran
After reading all 3 books in the Sky High Air series Strong and Sexy is my favorite!

When I started the series I was sure that Brody and Maddie's story, Superb and Sexy, will be my favorite since I was waiting to read about them from the first book, but in the end Shayne and Dani's story was better IMO.

Dani was such a funny heroine and I found myself laughing so many times while reading.

I loved Shayne character and how he really cared about Dani although he tried to fight his feeling toward her.
Jane
May 22, 2014 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jill-shalvis
Jill Shalvis books just keep getting better and better when you think they couldn't! Strong and Sexy is about Dani and Shayne. Shayne is alpha co-owner of Sky High Air and Dani is the daughter of an extremely rich mother and who could care less about the money. To prove it she works at a zoo. Both Dani and Shane have built very thick, high walls around there hearts. This is their story about how they broke them down and found there way to each other. I am looking forward to the final book in thi ...more
My favorite of the series. Shayne and Dani were just a hilarious couple. Dani is funny and adorable. The "mystery" of the book is good. Shalvis gives just enough hints at it and enough to keep you guessing. Then, it all comes together and the book really speeds along (this is near the end).
Maddie and Brody's relationship gets more interesting in this one...working its way to the 3rd and final book in the series.
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
Book two of the Sky High Air trilogy. Shayne and Dani both have issues to work through before they can accept a happy ending. But the sex is good. If the plot were as good as the sex this book would easily be a four-plus. Obvious villain, plot holes, and weak outside characters (besides those established in the first book and staring in the third) do not help. But yet the characters are likable and for that much is forgiven. I'm looking forward to the last book.
Fedora
Feb 03, 2011 Fedora rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
  • Men of Courage II (Men of Courage, #5; Stone/White, #1)
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #6; Goddard Project, #1)
  • Flirting with Disaster (The DeMarco Family, #3)
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish
  • To All A Good Night
  • Start Me Up (Tumble Creek, #2)
  • The Wilde Side (Wilde Series, #2)
  • Mother, Please!: What a Girl Wants / The Road Home / Upstairs, Downstairs
  • You Don't Know Jack (Sexy in NYC, #2)
  • Beach House No. 9 (Beach House No. 9, #1)
  • Never Say Never (Callahan Brothers, #2)

Look for Jill's latest, SWEET LITTLE LIES on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website fo
More about Jill Shalvis...

Sky High Air (3 books)
  • Smart and Sexy (Sky High Air, #1)
  • Superb and Sexy (Sky High Air, #3)

“it was like a freight train, hitting hard and fast, and in her entire life she’d never felt anything like it. It was as if he’d climbed inside her body, knew what she wanted before she wanted it, and knew how to give it to her. It was like being lost and coming home.” 0 likes
“He nodded, still holding her gaze in that way he had that convinced her that not only could he read her mind, but he could see right through her. Inside her.” 0 likes