Start by marking “The Burning (The Fear Street Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Burning (The Fear Street Saga, #3)

The Burning (The Fear Street Saga Trilogy #3)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  3,163 ratings  ·  86 reviews
Daniel and Nora, two young lovers from feuding families, must use their forbidden love to stop the awesome evil that stalks Nora and her family.
Published October 1st 1993 by Simon Pulse (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about The Burning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Burning

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Best Books With Witches
212th out of 1,005 books — 1,862 voters
Remember Me by Christopher PikeBury Me Deep by Christopher PikeProm Dress by Lael LittkeTrick or Treat by Richie Tankersley CusickApril Fools by Richie Tankersley Cusick
1980's- early 90's Young Adult Fiction
32nd out of 130 books — 73 voters

More lists with this book...

Drucilla
I must admit this book certainly lives up to its expectations. The story of Simon Fear and his family is finally told in all its graphic horror. The twist regarding Simon and Angelica was interesting. Regarding the curse, again it seems self-fullfilling and yet there are supernatural aspects to it. I don't think what happened to Nora would really happen, though. (view spoiler) It made me wonder: Is the curse really gone? Accordi ...more
Sakura Koneko
Aug 12, 2007 Sakura Koneko rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes the supernatural
The final book in this series, I ended up picking it up after reading the other two, wanting to see how these horrible series of events would end (though knowing it couldn't be very well, because otherwise we wouldn't have the Fear Street series of books).
Lindsay Heller
I remember when I was little waiting, very impatiently, for this book to be published. It November of 1993 and this was the third, concluding, book of the Fear Street Saga, the historical horror trilogy that explained why Fear Street, in R.L. Stine's Fear Street series of books, was so haunted. I got it for my birthday, immediately tore in, and was not disappointed.

This book continues the story of the Fears (who have now changed the spelling from Fier) and the Goodes, two feuding families not o
Estrella
That was one of the first books i ever read from R.L. Stine and it's still my favorite till this day. You cant really explain what this book is about because it has so many twists and turns that it leaves you stunned at the end. When i read this book it was like a movie in my head because i could see exactly what she was describing. She made The Burning with so many vivid details that I actually thought i was watching it and forgot to close the turn of the T.V when i finished.I think this was on ...more
Indira
This review is for the whole series.

I was reading Fear Street books way before I reached the age that I should have been reading those. Goosebumps was child's play and this Fear Street Saga books are my absolute favorites from the dozens of books R.L. Stine wrote. I loved the feud, the gruesomeness of each murder, the time periods and the creepiness of every single story.

The other day I was hit with some serious nostalgia and decided I had to read these books again (how gorgeous are the women
Lilith Rayne
It was a good read but not as interesting as the previous two. Sometimes it felt like more of the same. The conclusion was not very satisfying for me, either. I would recommend it as a light read and if you want to find out what finally happens to the families involved. I give it 3.5/5.
Alexis
A great beginning to Fear street! I loved reading about the Goode and Fier family feud. It has been so long since I read any of the Fear Street books, and I'm glad I was able to get my hands on them again! I truly missed reading them.
Mary
This is an amazing great book because it had a lot of colonial times events.It was during the time period which made it very non-fictional because stories like this happened during those time periods!!!!!
Brekke
I used to love the fear street series when I was a kid. I think that anyone who likes a good mystery story and being young at heart should give them a try.
T
Over 17 years later and I still remember how awesome this saga (series) was. He very exquisitely captured the essence of the days of 'olde' and I felt like I was being transported in time. Obviously some of the details of the story have slipped away with time, but the emotions and feelings that Stein’s tales elicited have steadfastly remained throughout the years and I struggle to recall another novel that has so markedly “transported me through and to another time!” Of course there’s the possib ...more
Ronni Lea
wow! fear street! my fave as a young in! I wonder if I'd like them as much now as I used to. I think I still have em all somewhere. :-)
Alex
This is my favorite trilogy in the Fear Street series, but this last one just isn't as good as the first two.
Donna
At this point you’d think someone would be like JUST MARRY ALREADY because we’re creeping up on 250 years of bad luck and dead bodies and it’s about time to let this shit go instead of keeping the home fires burning, you know?

Nora is our storyteller throughout the series and now, in this last book, we finally get to her story that was introduced at the beginning of the first. Like all the others it involves two lovebirds wanting to marry after a few hours of knowing each other but shenanigans en
Pikachu †FearStreetZombie†

Such a amazing ending to a awesome start!
I honestly didn't expect this book to end the way it did...
Actually, I didn't expect anything in this book. It all caught me off guard leaving me with a "that's new" thought and O_O look on my face.
All in all, this book was AMAZING!

Mags Gauche
Actually very creepy. Sadly I read the last of the saga before reading the others (Bad Sav!) but I understood everything pretty well. I recommend this to people who've grown out of Goosebumps, because R.L. Stine is a very lovely author. 4/5 Stars <3
Mario Rocchetta
"The Burning" by R.L. Stine is the third and final installment of the "Fear Street Saga." The aim of the saga is to explain to us readers how "Fear Street" began. Mission accomplished. Stine indeed does what he set out to do, and that's explain how all of the evil things happening in Shadyside originate from a curse dating back to the 1600s. This third book tied up the series nicely. I recommend this book and this saga to anyone who is a fan of Stine's "Fear Street" series. Appreciating where th ...more
Tuyet Bui
What is it like to be in love? I don't know because I've never been in one but I can tell you that this book is amazing. It's all about a tragic-love story between two teenagers. Nothing can break them, even an evil ancient curse,
Caidyn
Angelica and Simon were such a great couple. Their story is the only one I remembered from the reread of the trilogy, mainly because of the twist it brought. Each book had about the same formula. Either the Fiers or the Goodes would move and try to settle, then something awful would happen to reawaken the curse for one side. Then, a daughter of one would fall for the son of the other and terrible things ensued. The formula worked, but it is presictable. Still, I really enjoyed these books becaus ...more
Bebo
he is such an amazing writer.. he surely makes me scared
Megan
Once you start - you gotta finish the series
Alexis Jade
I love the plot and twists & turns with the Fear Family. I like these kind of Fear Street books because they tell us how Fear Street came to be and what we need to know. The book was a little boring and not my favorite, but the year it was in and everything pulled me in.

By the way, I only read this one because I was interested in finding out how Fear Street came to be. I like how R.L. Stine put it and the Fear Mansion seems pretty creepy to me. But I prefer the other Fear Street books such a
Fran
Nov 09, 2014 Fran added it
Shelves: 0671868330
good
Syahira Sharif
The book was the end of a trilogy. This is also the first book I read in my first highschool library that sparks my obsessiveness with paranormal fiction. My sister had the book earlier than this series about a girl who had the Fear medallion which was stolen by one of the Fear who left her to die. But the entire series was out of print. Can't seem to find it anywhere since 2003.
Connie
This saga was a brilliant start to get me back into R.L.Stine's work. The story-which is a prequel-was fluid and exciting, yet I found the ending extremely sad. So much loss because of one lie. I really want to read the Fear Street Series now!
Derek
Its a love and horror book. Its about these people who are completly different but they both do dark magic. They kill to be able to be together. Then the go insane and have children. One girl was even killed by Simon the dad. Then the couple totally lost it and burnt the housr down and died.
Mireya
Gregory Viars
This book was very unproductive in its meaning to tell a story. This book is not for older people or younger people. I think that this book needs more meaning to it and it should be rewritten.I do not like this book and I never will.
annie.
The plotline was kind of weak; It didn't have a lot of anticipation and excitement. The climax was pretty predictable, and there weren't any surprises. The use of words and phrases were kind of repetitive as well.
  • Road to Nowhere (reissue)
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • Prom Dress
  • Fog (Losing Christina, #1)
  • Hello, Mallory (The Baby-Sitters Club, #14)
  • The Accident (Point Horror, #16)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

The Fear Street Saga Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Betrayal (The Fear Street Saga, #1)
  • The Secret (The Fear Street Saga, #2)
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)