The Ultimate Slow Cooker Book: More Than 400 Recipes from Appetizers to Desserts

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  7 reviews
You'll never run out of meal ideas for your slow cooker with this massive, photo-filled compendium
The second book in the Ultimate series, following "The Ultimate Cookie Book," this giant collection of recipes will keep your slow cooker meals delicious and exciting for years to come. There's way more here than just pot roasts and stews; this book offers recipes for main co...more
Published January 25th 2012 by Better Homes and Gardens Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Slow Cooker Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Slow Cooker Book

Sara
This book is great. I've been trying to make something from it every week. Some of the recipes are oh-so-simple, others take a lot more ingredients and more work.

I have made (so far) Barley-Beef Soup (excellent), Barley-Squash Gratin (a very good dish with spinach, barley, and butternut squash but let me warn you - it REALLY needed more salt), Turkey Thighs in Spicy Cranberry Sauce (I used chicken thighs, but this was a great sauce), Hoisin-Garlic Mushrooms (a rather pricey dish, but not bad), a...more
Nancy
This was a great crockpot cookbook. I love a recipe book with pictures for every recipe. I tried the beef bourginon which was very easy and a big hit for the night.
mocha +
Jul 30, 2011 mocha + rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves slow cooker recipes!
My favorite slow cooker book by far. I am specially fond of the soup recipes, as I am attempting to cook less starches for weight loss. Great book overall.
Just - The romance reader
I didn't get a chance to make any of the recipes before I had to return the book to the library but I definitely want to check it out again and try the recipes on the following pages:

70, 93, 105-107, 109, 110, 114-115, 168, 184, 190, 207, 240, 241, 295, 299, 331, 336, 337, 351, 364, 392, 395, 417, 461, 463, 465
Kelly
Who doesn't love 'drop n go' recipes? This book just tries to do too much with a crock pot/slow cooker. Needs more pictures...I like to see it before I try it!!
Aud
I liked that the book had a lot of pictures - and I saw several recipes that I'm going to try.
LoriAnn Kocialski
I love slow cooker recipes ... this has some really good ones!
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Cindy
Cindy added it
Jan 02, 2014
Raychell Jean
Raychell Jean marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Eva
Eva added it
Dec 26, 2013
Rhiannon
Rhiannon marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Better Homes and Gardens is the fourth best selling magazine in the United States. Better Homes and Gardens focuses on interests regarding homes, cooking, gardening, crafts, healthy living, decorating, and entertaining. The magazine is published 12 times per year by the Meredith Corporation. It was founded in 1922 by Edwin Meredith, who had previously been the United States Secretary of Agricultur...more
More about Better Homes and Gardens...
Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book  New Decorating Book, 10th Edition (Better Homes and Gardens) Complete Guide to Quilting (Better Homes and Gardens) Anyone Can Cook: Step-By-Step Recipes Just for You 2001 Cross Stitch Designs:: The Essential Reference Book (Better Homes and Gardens)