Start by marking “The Good Stuff Cookbook” as Want to Read:
The Good Stuff Cookbook

The Good Stuff Cookbook

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  12 reviews
"In this solar system of culinary stars, there is a newborn one that shines very bright. Chef Spike Mendelsohn has a pulse on the American heartbeat for delicious, soul-satisfying comfort foods from his crowd-pleasing restaurant on Capitol Hill that has pleased Presidents and celebs. Enjoy the Good Stuff recipes and see why folks are coming back for more."
--Chef Art Smith,
Published November 17th 2010 by Houghton Mifflin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Good Stuff Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Good Stuff Cookbook

Bunny
Jun 06, 2010 Bunny rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves food
Recommended to Bunny by: Allison
I'm a Top Chef fan. I have NO shame. And thanks to Alley, Spike went from being one of my top 10 favorite chefs to one of my top 5, then one of my top 3. I refuse to say whether he's all-time favorite, because I like to leave a little mystery.

The food in this book is SO YUMMY LOOKING. I say yummy looking because in order to make any of this stuff, I actually have to go grocery shopping, and you know, I'm kind of a lazy bitch. But I'm on it!

This is just SUCH down home, comfort eating. I mean, fo
Dorena
I was at the library and wanted some new recipes and this book caught my eye. Maybe I was hungry for greasy, mouth-watering fast food? There are a lot of tips and great recipes in this book. I can't wait to fix Big B's Baked Beans. Mmm-mmm.
Patricia
Read this book, but don't trust it implicitly. It has good ideas and interesting flavor combos, but a lot of the amounts listed are really vague or inaccurate. For instance "juice of 8 lemons" in a recipe to turn normal mayo into an herb mayo. This amount obviously varies wildly depending on size of lemons. I used two, and still ended up with a soup instead of a spread. Similarly, I ended up with sloppy joes instead of burgers when the meat-mix was too wet to hold together. Still tasty, and defi ...more
Ginnie Grant
Very different spin on Burgers and fries and shakes! The recipes are awesome, the pictures beautiful and the personality that makes spike unique and millions fell for on top chef shines through on every page.
Rea K
Jun 11, 2015 Rea K marked it as cookbooks  ·  review of another edition
I like this one for the pictures. And because I like to read recipes. Stop looking at me like that.
Myles Brooks
Everybody should get this book because you're making recipes from a good place. If you ever have tried the food at the restaurant Good Stuff on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington DC, man, you should get this book.
Andrea
Liked this guy on Top Chef. Looking over the recipes offered in this book, I am definitely going to be expanding our burgers and fries menu (as well as our waistlines, I'm sure). :)
The shakes in this look positively yummy. Add that to the recipes for baked sweet potato fries and two vegetarian "burgers" and I'm sold.
Kim
Burgers, fries, shakes, wedges - nothing out of the box or particularly complex (RB float = rootbeer & icecream!)
Alison
Three words: Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake
Can't wait to try it.
Janet
Good stuff. Interesting shakes and desserts to try.
Mandy
50% burger recipes. Why did I reserve this?
Ladymaat
Ladymaat is currently reading it
Jul 17, 2015
Ron Smith
Ron Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Holly Brown
Holly Brown marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Cristhian Velasquez
Cristhian Velasquez marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
elin
elin marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Joe Antognini
Joe Antognini marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014