Start by marking “The Ship of Adventure” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
The Ship of Adventure

Enid Blyton

The Ship of Adventure (Adventure #6)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  1,202 ratings  ·  19 reviews
All aboard for a quiet cruise among the Greek islands! But when Philip's pet monkey breaks a birthday present, Philip, Dinah, Lucy-Ann and Jack are plunged into an exciting quest to find the lost treasure of the Andra - with some ruthless villains hot on their trail.
ebook
Published April 1st 2010 by MacMillan Children's Books (first published 1950)

To ask other readers questions about The Ship of Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ship of Adventure

Karthik
This series is my favorite among Enid Blyton's books. This book is not among my favorites within the series. My favories in order of preference are The Circus of Adventure, The River of Adventure, The Catle of Adventure, The Valley of Adventure and The Mountain of Adventure. The Ship, Sea and Island rate last in my preference - in some ways all 3 are similar with them happening close to the sea as do many of other Enid Blyton's books. However I rate Ship higher as I liked the initial parts - The ...more
Tom Seward
Enid Blyton is an amazing childrens author, bestselling in the world. Although almost undiscovered by Americans.

This series (The Adventure Series is 8 books long) Features 4 friends who fall into adventures with counterfeiters, gunrunners, treasure hunters and the like. Jack, Philip, Diana, and Lucy-Anne and their crazy talking parrot, KIKI, are a lot of fun to follow through their adventures... This series is top notch reading... introduce your children to Enid Blyton today!
Jake Collins
This book would have been a good, fitting ending to the series (as everyone knows, it was originally written as the final book) as the treasure hunting adventure and the Mediterranean locations manage to live up to the high standards of the premises and settings of the previous two books, if not to the exceptionally high standards of the first three.

The only problems I have with this book are that the extremely convenient departure of Mrs Mannering and the breakdown of the ship's engines are far
Amara Thornton
an excellent novel. enid blyton is one of my favorite authors, and this book is one of my favorites. ships in bottles, islands in the aegean sea, what more can you ask for, really?
Adam
A very good book, I recommend to Adventure lovers.
Sally
Having read the rest of the series in quick succession, I find these books are becoming formulaic. The 1950s gender stereotypes are being to grate. Both problems I think, were rather less of an issue when I was eight.
Colin Lindzey
Found this book on my book shelf - it was presented to me at Christmas 1957 as a prize for good attendance at Sunday School. Thought I would read it for old times sake. The amazing thing was that as I read through it I could remember parts of it. It certainly brought back the freedom innocence of being a child in the 50's. I wonder what the children of today make of reading these books today.
Cindy
One of Enid Blytons best. I read it again, and again, as a child. Great adventure book. Unforgettable "Mr Eppy", and "KIKI" the parrot. I saw her books as "my friends", as did my friends. Her books were a place to live, a place to escape to. I am so glad computer games did not exist then.
Kirsti
All for a birthday present! The adventure is on, and there's treasure to be had. Will Bill and the kids triumph, or will Mr Eppy beat them to the prize? Read and find out! Love Kiki, as always. WIPE YOUR DOOR, SHUT YOUR FEET!'
Philipp
I loved to read Enid Blyton's books for children when I was a little boy. As far as I can remember, her books were pretty much the only ones I read when I was about 11 years old. That is why I now rated it 5 stars.
Kate Wood
Despite not being an avid Enid Blyton fan my Auntie gave me this series of books and I loved them and re-read them often. Less annoying than the 5 and 7 and just as predictable but strangely comforting :)
Jasmin
I used to LOVE this book. But reading it now I'm mainly struck by how unnecessarily unpleasant these children are - especially Jack who I'm sure used to be my favourite...
Maria Carmo
I am reading this in German to improve my knowledge of the German language... I had read it in English and Portuguese before, when I was young.
Roshni
One of the best in the Adventure series, A peaceful cruise turns into a roaring mystery
Simone
This one was my favourite.
God, so many of the Enid Blytons were sooo predictable. :)
Debs
I had read this when in my teenage time.
Alysha Forman
Things aren't ALWAYS as they seem.
Hossein Ghazi
Hossein Ghazi marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Rui
Rui is currently reading it
Dec 22, 2014
  • Shadows in the Twilight
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Saves the Day (The Naughtiest Girl, #7)
  • Summer Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #8)
  • A Rebel at the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #11)
  • Musim Ceri di Bullerbyn
  • Samurai (Simon St George #2)
  • South Sea Adventure
  • Lima Sekawan: Menaklukkan Agen Rahasia (2)
  • Kumpulan Dongeng Andersen
  • Payback (Boy Soldier, #2)
Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to editor Hugh Pollock, with whom she had tw ...more
More about Enid Blyton...
The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2) The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree, #1) Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1) The Faraway Tree Stories (The Faraway Tree #1-3) The Folk of the Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #3)