Start by marking “Glory, Glory / Snowbound with the Bodyguard” as Want to Read:
Glory, Glory / Snowbound with the Bodyguard

Glory, Glory / Snowbound with the Bodyguard

NO PLACE LIKE HOME
For Glory Parsons, "home for the holidays" wasn't exactly the stuff of sing-a-longs and sleigh rides. In fact, she dreaded it. Dreaded having to face the things she'd lost-her brother, a casualty of war; and Jesse Bainbridge, a casualty of her own weakness. She'd never been able to tell Jesse the reason she'd left him abruptly ten years ago, after she'd
Published September 24th 2013 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Glory, Glory / Snowbound with the Bodyguard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glory, Glory / Snowbound with the Bodyguard

Kate Dirty Girls' Good Books
This review contains two books:  Glory, Glory by Linda Lael Miller and Snowbound With the Bodyguard by Carla Cassidy.  The two books contain 416 pages together and average a C ranking from me.

Glory, Glory by Linda Lael Miller
D, blaze, no kink, contemp, originally copyrighted in 1990

Glory is returning to her hometown for her mother's wedding.  10 years ago, she was blackmailed into leaving town without telling her boyfriend Jesse that she was pregnant and giving the little baby girl up for adopti
Rhonda
Aug 22, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it

My Review Glory, Glory by Linda Lael Miller

4 STARS

Glory, Glory starts right off with drama and keeps it going for the rest of book. Their is a lot of sex scenes
that I skipped over.

Glory has come back to her home town after leaving when she was 18 without saying goodbye. Her mom is getting married.
Glory is meeting a friend after she is done with Christmas pageant practice. During the practice she recognizes a little girl looks just like her grandmother. She figures out right away it has to be the
Rita
Sep 29, 2013 Rita rated it liked it
In Glory, Glory, the main character, Glory of course, returns to her hometown for her mother's wedding. It has been 8 years since Glory left, and if it weren't for the wedding, she wouldn't be back. When she was a teenager, she became pregnant by her high school sweetheart, Jesse. Jesse's grandfather, a judge, didn't think much of Glory and made her leave town by threatening to destroy her brother. Glory ended up giving up her daughter for adoption, which greatly upset her. When she returns home ...more
Jane
Oct 29, 2013 Jane rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned
Glory Parson returns to Pearl River after 10 years for christmas and her mother’s New Year’s Wedding. Who does she see first but her one great love, Jesse Bainbridge, the man she would have married at 18 if not for his judge/senator grandfather. It is a bitter reunion. He’s still not forgiven her for disappearing without saying goodbye and without an explanation, but Glory holds back the bitter truth of why she left in such a hurry.
Her stay was temporary, until she sees a little girl at church
Patricia Solla
Jul 21, 2014 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, pbs
This is a story by the main author and a bonus book by a secondary author. Both stories were very enjoyable. Glory, Glory is the story of a young woman returning to her hometown for her mother's wedding. As the story evolves the reader learns what happened to the young woman that caused her to leave her home. Part of the cause was that she was pregnant and gave up the child for adoption. Interestingly enough now 10 years later she finds the child being taken care of by her former boyfriend as th ...more
Jenn
Aug 12, 2013 Jenn rated it liked it
Very sweet romance.

Glory Parsons goes home for her momma's wedding. She hasn't been back in 10 years. And she doesn't wanna be back now. She left for a reason that would destroy Jesse Bainbridge, if he ever found it.

She has kept this secret,even though it kills her.

Glory left him, without even saying goodbye, and now she's back. He doesn't want her here. He was just now getting on with his life and now she's messing everything up.

But when her secret is revealed and and the reason she left is br
Natalie
Sep 01, 2014 Natalie rated it really liked it
This book has two stories by two different authors. The first story is by Linda Lael Miller. I've read many books by her so I was a little surprised that this one didn't do it for me as much as her stories usually do. And I can't really put my finger on why I feel that way about the story.
The second story is by Carla Cassidy and it's called "Snowbound with the Body guard". This story just took me with it, I love when you get lost in a story like I did with this one. Loved the story line and ho
Debs
Jan 17, 2016 Debs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Both books are renews from previous years. Although I read Glory, Glory a few years ago, I still enjoyed reading it again. It was a sad book, but it did have a HEA. The second book was Snowbound with the bodyguard by Carla Cassidy, another older harlequin book. I had not read this one previous, as I have not read Harlequin books for several years, but it was an enjoyable read. The books are shorter reads and I enjoyed them very much for a change of pace.
Brittany
Oct 02, 2013 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance and Crime Lovers
Both stories were incredible! I really enjoyed Glory and Jesse's tale of Love and redemption though i was annoyed with how Jesse acted for most of the story though I don't blame him!

I must say though Snowbound with the Bodyguard by Carla Cassidy was the best romance I've read in while! Finding true love in a dangerous situation sounds terrifying and wonderful!
2sonreader
I was disappointed in Glory, Glory, a reissue by Linda Lael Miller, a favourite author of mine. However I thoroughly enjoyed the romantic suspense in Snowbound with the Bodyguard by Carla Cassidy. I will be looking for more books by Cassidy. Review based on an ARC received from NetGalley.
karen
Mar 30, 2016 karen rated it really liked it
I liked the story. But Glory had to much stubbornness by not telling Jesse the truth. If you leave someone once would you really even think of it again or fight no matter what?
Ruth
Aug 25, 2013 Ruth rated it liked it
An old story told again this holiday season. Full review at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2013... after 9/12/13
Polly
Aug 30, 2015 Polly rated it it was amazing
A sweet old fashioned love at Christmas Story.
Patricia
May 12, 2014 Patricia rated it really liked it
Another great one from Linda...so glad I found it! Interesting perspective on adoption.
B
Feb 21, 2014 B rated it it was amazing
Light reading
Veronica Flores hamilton
Great Read

Both short stories were good reads. There were surprises in both stories and tragic events led to wonderful blessings. Not your usual romance story but full of depth.
Susue
Susue rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2013
Wendy Sikorski
Wendy Sikorski rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2014
CINDY FORTIER
CINDY FORTIER rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2016
Jeanette
Jeanette rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2017
Giusa
Giusa rated it it was ok
Sep 26, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2015
Jane Roberson
Jane Roberson rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Karen R Stombaugh
Karen R Stombaugh rated it it was ok
Dec 24, 2014
Lana
Lana rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2014
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2015
Marysia Stelter
Marysia Stelter rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2014
Janice Willis
Janice Willis rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2015
Jodi
Jodi rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2015
Beth Citron-josephs
Beth Citron-josephs rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Nelson's Brand / Lonetree Ranchers: Colt
  • Married: The Virgin Widow (Gentlemen of Fortune, #1)
  • Merry Christmas, Cowboy
  • The Cowboy's Destiny (Cash Brothers, #4)
  • Betting on Texas (Welcome to Ramblewood #1)
  • Lion's Lady (Lions #4)
  • Rancher at Risk
  • The Gifts of Christmas (Sommerville, #6.5)
  • Heart of a Texan (Night Riders, #7)
  • Waiting for Baby
  • Mail-Order Groom
  • Worth the Risk (2 stories in 1 book)
  • A View of the River
  • Night Hawk (Jackson Hole, #10)
  • Riding Home (Sons of Chance, #16)
  • Colter's Wife
  • Fully Engaged (Wingmen Warriors, #12)
  • Montega's Mistress (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #169)
The daughter of a town marshal, LINDA LAEL MILLER is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. The "First Lady of the West" lives outside Spokane, Washington, where her rescued horses, dogs and cats live the high life.

Published since 1983, Linda was awarded the prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievemen
More about Linda Lael Miller...