Start by marking “A Puppy for Christmas: On the Secretary's Christmas List\The Soldier, the Puppy and Me\The Patter of Paws at Christmas” as Want to Read:

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  25 reviews
On the Secretary's Christmas List by Carole Mortimer

Bree has landed an amazing job, but her new boss is a difficult, unreliable playboy—who is also infuriatingly gorgeous… When Bree looks after Jackson's son and energetic puppy, she realizes what she really wants  this Christmas….

The Soldier, the Puppy and Me by Myrna
Published October 1st 2013 by Harlequin (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Puppy for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Puppy for Christmas

Sandra
Cute anthology of Christmas stories featuring dogs. The second story by Myrna Mackenzie with the adorable matchmaking dog Fizz was my favorite. :)
Jackie Lane
I love anything to do with puppies. They are so cute and cuddly.

All three of the novellas were stories having to do with a puppy or puppies.

I think my favorite was the second book because how could you not like Fizz and a hometown hero, although I thought setting the third book in a zoo was unique and the first book featured a child and a dog. How could you go wrong with any of these stories.

All three books were light, fluffy Christmas reads and I enjoyed them.

I received this book from Netgalley
Liza Tice
I received and ARC copy of this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

First I want to say that I would recommend this book to anyone who loves sweet romantic Christmas books. These stories were heart warming and very enjoyable. From broken hearts to loving puppies who know best, I enjoyed these heartwarming romances. I liked that each book was different and therefor you did not get bored or disinterested.

This grouping of books is worth breaking out the hot coco and curling up
Cara
I am not a dog lover, but I really enjoyed these three very different (but all well worth the read) stories.Each was long enough and very detailed for an anthology book.

The first story was too full of exclamation points for my taste, but the story was unique, and the main characters were very atypical but interesting too. The puppy did not play a big role here, and some may not like how it was given as an unexpected holiday gift.

Story 2 was the best as Fizz the puppy stole all his scenes, matchm
Janet
This was a fun 3 book anthology from three very talented writers. I am an animal lover, so the cover grabbed me from the first. The combination of puppies/dogs (even feral dogs) and the Holidays brings a smile, and so did all three of the stories. I would not sit down and read them in one sitting, because they could become overwhelming. Just keep the book around for a quick getaway/escape read during the Holidays.
*I received my copy from NetGalley.com in exchange for an honest review.
Abby Helstrip
The third story is called, “The Soldier, The Puppy and Me.”

Know this story is good, way better than the first story. I will defo have to say its equal in goodness with the second story, but in different ways.

I would have to say this story is mainly centred around the puppy, Fizz. I love the way its written and told. This puppy is the role. Fizz Brings this couple together, Hes a very smart, funny dog. You would love him.

Basically the story is about a hero who comes home, Trey. This guy seems to
Rhonda

4 STARS

This is a cute three stories dealing with Christmas and puppies. It almost makes you want to go out and get a puppy. But I will resist because one dog is asleep on my bed and one on the floor by my bed and no kids around anymore just their pets.

The first two stories have cute puppies that you see interact with their new families. The third is a little different as they are wild African puppies i
Mary Craven
This was on my Christmas reading list for 2013, but did not get to it until this Christmas. Fun, seasonal stories for the busy Christmas season. Carole Mortimer has been a favorite for some time. Always happy to find a new author (or two) to add to my list of books to look for ... and both Myrna Mackenzie and Nikki Logan are just that. It's also fun to read Christmas stories from a "down under" author to help feel a little bit of summer warmth on these cold winter nights.
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
This is a sweet book filled with 3 romantic Christmas novellas that all involve puppies! You can’t go wrong with a book like this. Each novella is a quick, fast read that will definitely put you in a happy mood.

I will admit I really enjoyed the novellas by Carole Mortimer and Myrna Mackenzie more than I did Nikki Logan’s novella. I have been a fan of Ms. Mortimer’s writings for some time and I love the way she is able to give you a story that doesn’t feel rushed or that anything was left out ev
Annie
I absolutely loved The Soldier, the Puppy and Me by Myrna Mackenzie. Fizz is a wonderful matchmaker. I wish this story was available on it's own because it deserved 5 stars.

I did not like the other two stories at all.
Natalie
Three stories in this book, all centered around getting a puppy for Christmas. All three stories are very different with three different authors writing the stories. Great way to try out new authors. I liked all of these authors, will try more by all of them.
Allison
I thought it was neat how the final story dealt with puppies in a completely new way.
Christina Pierce
3 stories... All around a puppy!
Viohlet
The first story was silly and unbelievable, and there was a ridiculous overuse of exclamation marks. 50% or more of the sentences/paragraphs/dialogue on any given page were punctuated with (!).

The second two stories were both very enjoyable and saved this book from going straight to the donation pile.

On the Secretary's Christmas List - Carole Mortimer 1/5

The Patter of Paws at Christmas - Nikki Logan 4/5

The Soldier, The Puppy and Me - Myrna Mackenzie 4/5

Overall score 4/5
Jenny Schwartz
I dressed up my golden retriever in an elf hat and took a quick snap (before he tried to eat the hat!) and won a copy of "A Puppy for Christmas" from Nikki Logan.

I loved all the stories. They're classic Mills and Boon, although Nikki's had a fantastic twist by setting the story in a zoo and the puppies being wild dogs rather than the cute and cuddly tame type.

Heartwarming stories for any time of year.
L
Cute stories. Wished the puppies featured more heavily in them - the first one was barely a mention. I think I liked the 2nd story the best. I enjoyed the third one but the angst was a bit much when all they really had to do was have a conversation and since it was a short story I found it frustrating as I couldn't figure out why they weren't - both of them seemed a little immature.
Stevie Carroll
I grabbed this one mainly for the Nikki Logan story, and that was definitely my favourite of the trio, although the Myrna Mackenzie story was fun too. I was less certain about the Carole Mortimer story as I was thrown out by the central puppy having been given as an unexpected gift. Still worth reading for the wild dogs and the fostered rescue puppy of the other two though.
Tammy Yenalavitch
I received an ARC copy from Net Gallley in exchange for my honest review. I enjoyed all 3 stories, but I did prefer the first two stories more that the third story. The Wild dogs were not as cute to me.

Still, this is a fun Christmas read with 3 stories with strong characters and compelling plots. Recommended.
Carrie
On the Secretary's Christmas List by Carole Mortimer
2.5/5
So many exclamation points!

The Soldier, the Puppy and Me by Myrna Mackenzie

2.5/5

The Patter of Paws at Christmas by Nikki Logan

2/5
cnf
Janet Williams
I thought it was really well written. It held my interested and I finished the book in about two weeks.
Three heart warming tales that I will most certainly pass on.
Alex
Nov 01, 2013 Alex added it
Read it.
It was a bit uneven, not really my cup of tea.
Nancy Anderson
Middle story was slightly interesting.
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Kimberley
Kimberley marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I have written almost 200 romance novels in contemporary and Regency.

I am a USA Today Bestselling Author and recipient of the 2015 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2014 I received a Pioneer of Romance Award from Romantic Times in the US and in 2012 I was recognised by Queen Elizabeth II for my 'outstanding service to literature'.

I am very happily married to Peter with six sons, and live on the
More about Carole Mortimer...
Pregnant with the Billionaire's Baby A Past Revenge Wife By Contract, Mistress By Demand The Duke's Cinderella Bride The Return of the Renegade (The Scandalous St. Claires #1)