Start by marking “Whispered Promises: The Art of Deception / Storm Warning” as Want to Read:
Whispered Promises: The Art of Deception / Storm Warning

Whispered Promises: The Art of Deception / Storm Warning

The Art of Deception

He has supposedly come to her father's estate, looking for respite. But Kirby Fairchild can't shake the feeling that handsome Adam Haines isn't quite the man he pretends to be. She couldn't be sure. But what she does know without a doubt is that as the days and nights wear on, the attraction she feels for this man is only growing stronger...

Storm Warnin
Published September 24th 2013 by Silhouette (first published 1986)

Veronica Lindsey
Mar 20, 2014 Veronica Lindsey rated it really liked it
Good romances.
Julia
Oct 10, 2016 Julia rated it really liked it
These stories were just the right amount I wanted of mystery and romance. They were perfect stories to curl up in a chair with, and read about secret passages and murder.
Kirby and Adam and Fairchild and Harriet were wonderful, and I'd like to be more like Kirby.
Autumn and Lucas were fine, and Julia and Aunt Tabby were fabulous. Their story was so much like a game of clue, it was wonderful.
Maura
Carol  MacInnis
Nov 07, 2013 Carol MacInnis rated it liked it
Philip Fairchild is a very wealthy and eccentric popular and gifted artist for over 30 years. His daughter, Kirby, at 27 years old is also an artist and enjoys sculpting as well. Their houseguest for four weeks, Adam Haines, is also an artist in his own right and as Kirby and Adam are introduced, the attraction between the two of them is undeniable. But, in order to win Kirby's heart, their relationship must be based on total commitment to one another and absolute trust right from the beginning. ...more
Brooke
May 31, 2014 Brooke rated it it was ok
The two books in this compilation are definitely not her best works of literary genius. If you haven’t read Nora before, don’t start with these two because you’ll be sadly disappointed and you might not want to read anything else by Nora and your life will be sadly lacking. You can look at my book list on goodreads and see many other titles of Nora’s that I absolutely LOVE and treasure and read over and over again! If you are already a fan of her work, you’ll understand what I mean about these ...more
Melissa
Hard to give a rating, but this was a nice, quick, easy read. Two stories in one book. Both are romances, with twists. The Art of Deception is about a girl and her father who are artists. Adam comes to stay with them in their mansion. This story contains an art forgery scheme. Storm Warning is about a group of people staying at Autumn's aunt's country inn. There is a murder mystery at the end that is a real page turner.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a quick, easy romance novel. Howev
Carrie
Dec 31, 2013 Carrie rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
The first story in this compiatlions is harmless. Typical of romances in the 80s where everyone is insufferably quirky and also some kind of artist and/or spy. The second deserves more notice if only to draw attention to my total dismay that Roberts would allow it to be republished at all. The hero very nearly rapes the heroine - and then late proclaims it was because he was overwhelemd by his passion and just couldn't help himself. Well. If you only rape and/or assault someone because you love ...more
Wunderdrugged
Apr 20, 2016 Wunderdrugged rated it it was ok
Shelves: vacation-reads
A reprint of two vintage Roberts titles from the 80s. Light romance, nice mindless reading. The female protagonist in the second story really irritated me. I probably would have given the first book (Art of Deception) 3 stars and the second (Storm Warning) 2 or even just 1. Not my favourites.
Donna
Oct 09, 2015 Donna rated it it was amazing
I cannot believe that I did not read these two books when they first came out. They were great as a combined book. I really enjoyed them.
Pat Maust
Feb 05, 2014 Pat Maust rated it it was ok
two novellas that were average. Not at Ms. Roberts usual skill set. Like she started with the idea didn't know where to go with it and just published it anyway.
Darlene Franklin
Oct 24, 2013 Darlene Franklin rated it it was ok
I agree with another reviewers comments. The story was not as riveting and I lost interest in finishing.
Holli Nixon
Holli Nixon rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2014
Danille
Danille rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2015
Charlotte Sterling
Charlotte Sterling rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2014
Wendy Newman
Wendy Newman rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2015
Deneen
Deneen rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2015
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Tinna Asp
Tinna Asp rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2013
Mugsy99
Mugsy99 rated it it was ok
May 22, 2015
Lisa Lopez
Lisa Lopez rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2015
Susan Trutt
Susan Trutt rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2015
DeeAnn B.
DeeAnn B. rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2013
Pat
Oct 09, 2013 Pat rated it it was ok
Not my favorite Nora Roberts book. This just didn't draw me in like so many others have.
Megan Stiles
Megan Stiles rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2015
Lorna Layton
Lorna Layton rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2014
Anderson
Anderson rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2016
Dawnatra
Dawnatra rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2013
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2014
Lynne
Lynne rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Deception is right! 2 13 Jan 12, 2014 07:30PM
  • Merry and Bright
  • Confessions: The Private School Murders - FREE PREVIEW (The First 15 Chapters)
  • His Heir, Her Honor (Rich, Rugged And Royal #3)
  • The Risk-Taker (Sweetheart, South Carolina, #1)
  • Mirror, Mirror (includes In Death, #37.5)
  • The Defender (Jackson Hole #6)
  • Christmas With the Billionaire Rancher: A Billionaire's Club Story
  • The Playboy of Puerto Banus
  • Honor Bound & Two Alone
  • Taming Tai (Rock Hard, #3)
  • Sex, Lies and Valentines (Undercover Operatives, #3)
  • The Tycoon's Paternity Agenda
  • Claiming Her Billion-Dollar Birthright (Dynasties: The Jarrods #1)
  • To Love and Protect
  • Heart of Texas Vol. 2: Caroline's Child\Dr. Texas (Heart of Texas #3-4)
  • A Soldier's Redemption (Conard County, #23)
  • Falling for His Proper Mistress (Dynasties: The Jarrods #2)
  • A Bride for Jericho Bravo (Bravo Family, #28) (The Jones Gang, #12)
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...