Start by marking “Getting Rowdy (Love Undercover, #3)” as Want to Read:
Getting Rowdy (Love Undercover, #3)

Getting Rowdy (Love Undercover #3)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  3,692 ratings  ·  514 reviews
An alpha hero's attraction to the one woman he can't have could draw him into a killer's snare in the sizzling new novel from New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster

Charismatic bar owner Rowdy Yates isn’t the kind of man women say no to. So when he approaches waitress Avery Mullins, he fully expects to get her number. However, the elusive beauty has her reasons fo...more
Published September 24th 2013 by Harlequin HQN

To ask other readers questions about Getting Rowdy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Rowdy

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireAvoiding Commitment by K.A. LindeBared to You by Sylvia DayDown to You by M. LeightonOn Dublin Street by Samantha Young
Hot Covers
315th out of 867 books — 1,244 voters
Wallbanger by Alice ClaytonPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonThe Law of Attraction by N.M.  SilberSeduction and Snacks by Tara SivecTangled by Emma Chase
Funny / Witty Romance Novels
187th out of 309 books — 670 voters

More lists with this book...

Lkay ❇✾The one-click buy button addict❇✾

She was like a drug, the very best kind. She'd turned him world upside down, but for the first time in forever, things were starting to feel righ.

She couldn't play with him without getting burned. She couldn't indulge with him without risking a broken heart.

I've been anticipating Rowdy and Avery's story since first meeting them in Worth The Riske. Nothing better than a womanizing bad boy...well maybe if you added a motorcycle and some tattoos to the mix. But I can deal with 2 out of 4 :)

Rowdy Y...more
Sheryl
Proper review to follow BUT IN THE MEANTIME...

GODDAMN!!!! This book was BEYOND HOT!!! Truth be told, I wanted to slap Rowdy so hard at the start of the book when Avery "discovered him", but that incident not-withstanding, the man was SEX-ON-A-STICK personified!!!!

All I can say is that I REALLY HOPE that Cannon gets a story... that man is DEE-LICIOUS :)

*ARC courtesy of Harlequin and Netgalley*
-C-
I thought the first two books in Lori Foster’s Love Undercover series were good, but Rowdy and Avery’s story is definitely my favorite!

She was like a drug, the very best kind. She’d turned his world upside down, but for the first time in forever, things were starting to feel right.
Mei
I received this book from Netgalley for my honest review.

I said in my review of Bare It All, I was soooo looking forward to reading bout Avery and Rowdy.
It could be that I was too anxious and expecting way too much...
I'll not say that this book is disappointing or bad because it is not! But I felt a bit let down. Let me explain...

Rowdy is Pepper's (she the heroine of the first book) brother. He's crazy protective with his sister and he's done some shady things during their life together in order...more
A Tasty Read Book Reviews
It's OFFICIAL....I have a NEW Love....ROWDY YATES! He just...yeah...he did it...he did it all!!!

Full Review

Um....I don't even know what to say other than "OH ROWDY"...hee hee...He is JUST SO DAMN SEXY!! I don't think I will ever forget him and he is holding a top spot on my Top Hero List for life. You just have to read this book to figure it out, but I am SOOOOO in love with Rowdy!!

If you have read the series from the beginning, you will understand my feelings for Rowdy Yates, Big Brother, Prote...more
Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict
Another 5 Star Lori Foster read!!

Rowdy was everything I hoped he'd be and more...Lori Foster absolutely knows how to create a Alpha who is tough, sweet, possessive, loyal, and very protective.

Rowdy's definitely all of the above, he's demonstrated just how loyal and protective he is with his sister Pepper in "Run the Risk" and again with Alice in "Bare it All", he's just as fiercely protective with Avery the bartender/manager of his bar "Getting Rowdy". When Avery's past starts intruding and th...more
Debbie
I had the good fortune to win an ARC of this book and couldn't wait to get started reading it. I can honestly say I love this book! The entire series is good but it seems like I have been waiting for Rowdy's book with baited breath.

I wasn't disappointed in the least. Rowdy is that bad boy we all want to tame. Bad enough to do what it takes to protect those he loves, but with enough morals to want to do things the right way and to love those he cares for with all his heart. The fact that he is al...more
Jill
My favourite thing about this book? Rowdy. What a character, I absolutely loved this alpha man. Responsible for everyone, but such a lonely island.
This is my first book in this series, but I am so excited by this one that I will be going back to read the rest of the Love Undercover series.
Lori Foster well done on writing such an amazing guy. Lets face it, when you read a romance you want to fall in love with the character...for him to be your type. Well you nailed it with this one dearie, I co...more
Jonetta
Originally posted at The Book Nympho

This book couldn't be more aptly named as it's all about getting rowdy (as in acting up) and getting Rowdy, the main character.

In the two earlier books in this series, Rowdy emerged as this murky person, not really certain on what side of the law he was actually operating. Now that his beloved sister, Pepper, is married to a police detective, getting this aspect of Rowdy became more important.

Enter Avery Mullins, the former waitress who saved his butt at the...more
Wminbc
This book is out tomorrow, but just seeing Lori's Facebook, had to share....the release of this great (read awesome) book is trumped by the birth of her latest grandchild! Congratulations Lori and family!

Well my friends, Lori Foster is back big time with Getting Rowdy! I loved this book and it was far and away the best book in this Love Undercover series. I knew I was going to love Rowdy, but the surprise came when I really liked, then loved, then cheered for Avery. In the past two books, I have...more
Heidi
Rowdy is a badass bad boy who has lived life by his own rules. He's a natural born protector but also a major womanizer. He's always avoided commitment by indulging a healthy sexual appetite. Now he's got his sights set on Avery, a pretty bar tender in his bar called 'Getting Rowdy'.

Avery thinks he's out of her league and that she'll become just be another notch on his bed post.

Throw in a bit of sex, a stalker, drug dealers, abandoned kid, one weird step-father and Rowdy steps up to do what he...more
Melissa
Let me start off by saying that Lori Foster is my favorite contemporary author. Her books always leave me warm and fuzzy inside. No let me correct that….USUALLY leave me warm and fuzzy inside. This book…..Not one of them.

Lori, as your #1 fan, I find it my duty to ask you “WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?” Were you reading these YA books that happen to be (for some reason) so popular right now and decided that you were going to go that route? I was so turned off with both Rowdy and Avery. Me as a strong...more
Leslye
I didn't even know this series existed until I saw Getting Rowdy on NetGalley. It's the 3rd book in a spin off series from "Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor," which I enjoyed. I caught up with Books 1 and 2 which all were kind of leading up to this one, IMO. We meet Rowdy and Avery in Run the Risk and patiently wait through two books until they get their HEA.

Rowdy is an alpha charmer and I loved his character. His exploits with the ladies seem a bit over the top, but he's got demons and what bett...more
Taryn at My Secret Romance

I'm seriously kicking myself in the ass for waiting to read Lori Foster. I've been following her for years now, buying her books here and there but never getting around to reading them until now. I moved recently, so all my stuff is in storage and will be for a while. Sadly, I can't get to my Lori books now. I'm going to call that book karma. Yes, I just made that up!

Getting Rowdy was pretty much everything I look for and love in my reads. With a moving, well thought out plot, Lori Foster took t...more
Dee
When we first met Rowdy he seemed like a really good guy as he shielded and risked his life for his sister, but then later on in the series it just gave the impression that he was a bit of a player who had a constant stream of women. I wasn’t really sure if I was going to like Rowdy….No, let me be honest here and say that I had actually started to dislike him due to his inability to keep his dick in his pants! I did even think about not reading this as I didn’t want to spoil the series, but it w...more
Laura the Highland Hussy
Read this review on Got Fiction? books

I really enjoy Lori Foster’s Romantic Suspense and a week or so ago, I read/glommed all of her Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor books. Then I saw that she has a cross-over series called Love Undercover and I was so excited! While Getting Rowdy is book 3 in this series, I think it works really well as a stand-alone. You can catch a few glimpses of other couples, but you don’t feel as if you’ve missed anything.

Getting Rowdyopens with Avery staring up at the bar...more

I.
JUST.
READ????????????????????????????????????

photo tumblr_inline_msppojhl6v1qz4rgp.gif

I don't even know where to begin. OMG.

I was so bitterly disappointed. I was so stark raving mad. I was so, so, so livid with this story that I actually tossed my ereader across the room when I was done (but it survived, thanks!).

I had such high expectations with this book due to all of the amazing reviews it was getting, even prior to it being released earlier this week.

So, I buckled down and read it. And got pissed. And read som...more
Shanna
ARC provided by Harlequin via NetGalley

Lori Foster is the Queen of Romantic Thrillers; she has everything:

An understanding male lead.
A super hot but honestly insecure female lead.
A funny as heck in your face sibling.
Friends who are kept at bay at first but then promoted to the majors.
A sweet side story that breaks your heart, but also gets you to love former characters more.
Two hot new guys who you’re dying to know more about.
What more could a girl want in a book?

I have to say that this book...more
Ooohh, I wanna get Rowdy. A former bad boy who took such good care of his sister. Avery had her work cut out for her. She showed slow and steady wins the race or the man. I can't decided if I want the next book to be Dash's or Cannon's.

ps I just finished the first two books in this series and love Rowdy even more.
Jae
And average OK read. Nothing special worth writing home about.
Tina "coffee and books"
Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

4.5 Stars

I knew it! I knew Rowdy’s story would be my favorite! I love The Love Undercover series and haven’t read a bad story, yet. But, Getting Rowdy book three of this series by Lori Foster is my favorite by far! We’ve learned a bit about Rowdy as a secondary character in the first two books of this series, but in this book we really get to dig deep into his past, his motivations, and his true character. I am in love!

Rowdy Yates has spent his life taking care of his si...more
Holly
Lori Foster has been one of my favorite authors since I began reading romance oh so long ago. Her books are deliciously sexy and super fun! Her Alphas are incredible and her heroine's are smart and strong!! I say all that to say that Getting Rowdy was the fun, sexy ride I fully expected it to be!!

Ever since I began this series - Love Undercover - I have been anxious to learn more about Rowdy. We get a little more of him as each book goes along and in the book prior to this he starts to show his...more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
I am not sure why I haven't read more Lori Foster… She is one of those authors you just have to read.

This was a good story. A broken man Rowdy who has survived child abuse from he hands of his alcoholic parents, grew up protecting his younger sister. He now owns a bar in the semi hood & has been working to refurbish & remodel it into a nicer place. He's since chased away the drug dealers & the bad element, who can no longer do business in his bar.

Avery is the bartender who works fo...more
Margreet Asselbergs

It's not like Rowdy Yates has made it a secret that he wants her. Ever since Avery Mullins started working with him, getting his bar ready for re-opening, and later as his bartender, he has been very clear in expressing his interest. Problem is, he has a broad interest ......and a short attention span. And even though Avery has had the hots for her boss since day one, she is not about to become another notch on his bedpost.

Sex has always been a release fo...more
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
I think I want Rowdy to be my BBF.

After first meeting Rowdy in Run the Risk (Love Undercover, #1) by Lori Foster & Bare It All (Love Undercover, #2; Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #5) by Lori Foster I could not wait for his story and I was not disappointed. Avery was just perfect for him and I liked how they were together. The suspense part of this one was mostly surprising, I thought I had it figured out...changed my mind and was then surprised. It was also good to see how Reese & Alice were doing, I loved that they took Marcus in. We are also introduced to a new character, Cannon Colter and I wonder if there is...more
Catherine's Skulls Give Her a Heart Boner
This book was the classic case of "it's not you, it's me". I have really enjoy this author's work and the previous books in the series, but I found that given my newly discovered love of M/M, the M/F romance and it's semi-cardboard characters just couldn't hold my interest this time around.
Amy R
Getting Rowdy by Lori Foster is a captivating and emotional read that you will find is hard to put down. I can’t believe I am starting Lori’s Love Undercover Series on the third book. I saw she had a new series out and wanted to read it but time and other books seemed to get in the way. However, now that I have read Getting Rowdy, I really want to go back and read the first two. I didn’t feel lost or that I was missing anything reading Getting Rowdy – it is just that the secondary characters wer...more
Rhonda

4 STARS

This is book #3 in Love Undercover series by Lori Foster. So lots of old characters are back plus a lot more. This story is steamy hot. There are a lot of love scenes that I skipped over. It also had lots of drama, some action, some really sweet tender scenes.

The plot is centered around the bar Getting Rowdy. Rowdy the new owner wants his bartender but she is always turning him down but he finds lots of other one night stands. Rowdy uses sex to get through tough times.

The bar used to be a...more
Tabatha
I've been eagerly anticipating GETTING ROWDY’S release, and I can honestly say I was not disappointed in the least! Rowdy is just one of those characters you can’t help but love. He is charming, tough, and even slightly vulnerable so I just knew his story was going to be one my favorites in this series. I had so much fun reading this one, and I think Avery was his perfect match in every way.

First off… Rowdy is one complex character, and he has led a very hard life. Despite all of those hardship...more
Blanche
I have a new book boyfriend and his name is Rowdy Yates!! My oh my but he is charming and tough but sweet and vulnerable too! Avery Mullins is battling her own demons and she needs to be brave and strong not only in her day to day life but in dealing with Rowdy who is very clear in the fact that he wants Avery!! She wants him too but on her terms, she won't be another notch in his bed post, one of those girls who fall at his feet and never say no!! The chemistry between these two is awesome and...more
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)
  • Thrill Ride (Black Knights Inc., #4)
  • Against the Edge (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #8)
  • The Christmas He Loved Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #2)
  • Fatal Strike (McClouds & Friends #10)
  • So Tough to Tame (Jackson, #3)
  • Lethal Pursuit (Bagram Special Ops #3)
  • Free Fall (Elite Force, #4)
  • Killing Time (One Eyed Jacks, #1)
  • Rumor Has It (Animal Magnetism, #4)
  • Run To You (Lovett, Texas, #4)
  • Forged in Steele (KGI, #7)
  • Sharpshooter (Shadow Agents, #3)
  • Cake
  • Hot Summer Nights (Bluebonnet, #2.5) (Serendipity, #3.5) (Hope, #0.5)
  • Long Simmering Spring (Star Harbor, #3)
  • Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)
  • Surrender to Sultry (Sultry Springs, #3)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro...more
More about Lori Foster...
When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) A Perfect Storm (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4) Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1)