Start by marking “Getting Rowdy (Love Undercover, #3)” as Want to Read:
Getting Rowdy (Love Undercover, #3)

Getting Rowdy (Love Undercover #3)

4.22  ·  Rating Details ·  5,870 Ratings  ·  619 Reviews
An alpha hero's attraction to the one woman he can't have could draw him into a killer's snare in the sizzling new novel from New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster

Charismatic bar owner Rowdy Yates isn’t the kind of man women say no to. So when he approaches waitress Avery Mullins, he fully expects to get her number. However, the elusive beauty has her reasons
Mass Market Paperback, 440 pages
Published September 24th 2013 by Harlequin HQN

To ask other readers questions about Getting Rowdy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Rowdy

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾

She was like a drug, the very best kind. She'd turned him world upside down, but for the first time in forever, things were starting to feel righ.

She couldn't play with him without getting burned. She couldn't indulge with him without risking a broken heart.

I've been anticipating Rowdy and Avery's story since first meeting them in Worth The Riske. Nothing better than a womanizing bad boy...well maybe if you added a motorcycle and some tattoos to the mix. But I can deal with 2 out of 4 :)

Rowdy Y
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️
Another 5 Star Lori Foster read!!

Rowdy was everything I hoped he'd be and more...Lori Foster absolutely knows how to create a Alpha who is tough, sweet, possessive, loyal, and very protective.

Rowdy's definitely all of the above, he's demonstrated just how loyal and protective he is with his sister Pepper in "Run the Risk" and again with Alice in "Bare it All", he's just as fiercely protective with Avery the bartender/manager of his bar "Getting Rowdy". When Avery's past starts intruding and t
Kristina
Mar 01, 2016 Kristina rated it did not like it
Another one I forgot I read a long while ago, and looked at again, then remembered I already skimmed this ridiculous story.

Definitely a BIG FAT NO.

Aside from the fact that I was bored with the story overall, I really disliked both Rowdy and Avery.

Rowdy because he's a fucking dickhead who fucked around nightly with other women in front of Avery forever, while also pursuing her at the same time (way to make a girl feel special loser).

Avery because she's a doormat weak bimbo who's witness to ALL h
Sheryl
Proper review to follow BUT IN THE MEANTIME...

GODDAMN!!!! This book was BEYOND HOT!!! Truth be told, I wanted to slap Rowdy so hard at the start of the book when Avery "discovered him", but that incident not-withstanding, the man was SEX-ON-A-STICK personified!!!!

All I can say is that I REALLY HOPE that Cannon gets a story... that man is DEE-LICIOUS :)

*ARC courtesy of Harlequin and Netgalley*
Mei
Sep 10, 2012 Mei rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Netgalley for my honest review.

I said in my review of Bare It All, I was soooo looking forward to reading bout Avery and Rowdy.
It could be that I was too anxious and expecting way too much...
I'll not say that this book is disappointing or bad because it is not! But I felt a bit let down. Let me explain...

Rowdy is Pepper's (she the heroine of the first book) brother. He's crazy protective with his sister and he's done some shady things during their life together in order
Melissa
Sep 26, 2013 Melissa rated it did not like it
Let me start off by saying that Lori Foster is my favorite contemporary author. Her books always leave me warm and fuzzy inside. No let me correct that….USUALLY leave me warm and fuzzy inside. This book…..Not one of them.

Lori, as your #1 fan, I find it my duty to ask you “WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?” Were you reading these YA books that happen to be (for some reason) so popular right now and decided that you were going to go that route? I was so turned off with both Rowdy and Avery. Me as a strong
-C-
Sep 23, 2014 -C- rated it it was amazing
I thought the first two books in Lori Foster’s Love Undercover series were good, but Rowdy and Avery’s story is definitely my favorite!

She was like a drug, the very best kind. She’d turned his world upside down, but for the first time in forever, things were starting to feel right.
Lisa Filipe
Sep 11, 2012 Lisa Filipe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, arc
It's OFFICIAL....I have a NEW Love....ROWDY YATES! He just...yeah...he did it...he did it all!!!

Full Review

Um....I don't even know what to say other than "OH ROWDY"...hee hee...He is JUST SO DAMN SEXY!! I don't think I will ever forget him and he is holding a top spot on my Top Hero List for life. You just have to read this book to figure it out, but I am SOOOOO in love with Rowdy!!

If you have read the series from the beginning, you will understand my feelings for Rowdy Yates, Big Brother, Prote
Wminbc
This book is out tomorrow, but just seeing Lori's Facebook, had to share....the release of this great (read awesome) book is trumped by the birth of her latest grandchild! Congratulations Lori and family!

Well my friends, Lori Foster is back big time with Getting Rowdy! I loved this book and it was far and away the best book in this Love Undercover series. I knew I was going to love Rowdy, but the surprise came when I really liked, then loved, then cheered for Avery. In the past two books, I have
Debbie
Jun 30, 2013 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had the good fortune to win an ARC of this book and couldn't wait to get started reading it. I can honestly say I love this book! The entire series is good but it seems like I have been waiting for Rowdy's book with baited breath.

I wasn't disappointed in the least. Rowdy is that bad boy we all want to tame. Bad enough to do what it takes to protect those he loves, but with enough morals to want to do things the right way and to love those he cares for with all his heart. The fact that he is al
Jill
Aug 29, 2013 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favourite thing about this book? Rowdy. What a character, I absolutely loved this alpha man. Responsible for everyone, but such a lonely island.
This is my first book in this series, but I am so excited by this one that I will be going back to read the rest of the Love Undercover series.
Lori Foster well done on writing such an amazing guy. Lets face it, when you read a romance you want to fall in love with the character...for him to be your type. Well you nailed it with this one dearie, I co
Jonetta
Originally posted at The Book Nympho

This book couldn't be more aptly named as it's all about getting rowdy (as in acting up) and getting Rowdy, the main character.

In the two earlier books in this series, Rowdy emerged as this murky person, not really certain on what side of the law he was actually operating. Now that his beloved sister, Pepper, is married to a police detective, getting this aspect of Rowdy became more important.

Enter Avery Mullins, the former waitress who saved his butt at the
Heidi
Aug 14, 2013 Heidi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rowdy is a badass bad boy who has lived life by his own rules. He's a natural born protector but also a major womanizer. He's always avoided commitment by indulging a healthy sexual appetite. Now he's got his sights set on Avery, a pretty bar tender in his bar called 'Getting Rowdy'.

Avery thinks he's out of her league and that she'll become just be another notch on his bed post.

Throw in a bit of sex, a stalker, drug dealers, abandoned kid, one weird step-father and Rowdy steps up to do what he
Jenny

I.
JUST.
READ????????????????????????????????????

photo tumblr_inline_msppojhl6v1qz4rgp.gif

I don't even know where to begin. OMG.

I was so bitterly disappointed. I was so stark raving mad. I was so, so, so livid with this story that I actually tossed my ereader across the room when I was done (but it survived, thanks!).

I had such high expectations with this book due to all of the amazing reviews it was getting, even prior to it being released earlier this week.

So, I buckled down and read it. And got pissed. And read som
Aug 12, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ooohh, I wanna get Rowdy. A former bad boy who took such good care of his sister. Avery had her work cut out for her. She showed slow and steady wins the race or the man. I can't decided if I want the next book to be Dash's or Cannon's.

ps I just finished the first two books in this series and love Rowdy even more.
Tina "IRead2Escape"
Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

4.5 Stars

I knew it! I knew Rowdy’s story would be my favorite! I love The Love Undercover series and haven’t read a bad story, yet. But, Getting Rowdy book three of this series by Lori Foster is my favorite by far! We’ve learned a bit about Rowdy as a secondary character in the first two books of this series, but in this book we really get to dig deep into his past, his motivations, and his true character. I am in love!

Rowdy Yates has spent his life taking care of his si
Laura the Highland Hussy
Read this review on Got Fiction? books

I really enjoy Lori Foster’s Romantic Suspense and a week or so ago, I read/glommed all of her Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor books. Then I saw that she has a cross-over series called Love Undercover and I was so excited! While Getting Rowdy is book 3 in this series, I think it works really well as a stand-alone. You can catch a few glimpses of other couples, but you don’t feel as if you’ve missed anything.

Getting Rowdyopens with Avery staring up at the bar
Taryn

I'm seriously kicking myself in the ass for waiting to read Lori Foster. I've been following her for years now, buying her books here and there but never getting around to reading them until now. I moved recently, so all my stuff is in storage and will be for a while. Sadly, I can't get to my Lori books now. I'm going to call that book karma. Yes, I just made that up!

Getting Rowdy was pretty much everything I look for and love in my reads. With a moving, well thought out plot, Lori Foster took t
Shanna
Sep 12, 2013 Shanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided by Harlequin via NetGalley

Lori Foster is the Queen of Romantic Thrillers; she has everything:

An understanding male lead.
A super hot but honestly insecure female lead.
A funny as heck in your face sibling.
Friends who are kept at bay at first but then promoted to the majors.
A sweet side story that breaks your heart, but also gets you to love former characters more.
Two hot new guys who you’re dying to know more about.
What more could a girl want in a book?

I have to say that this book
Amanda
Reviewed for: Where the Night Kind Roam

Getting Rowdy by Lori Foster was an enjoyable ride of a book, I enjoyed it more than I expected too. I knew I liked Avery going into this book, she is a feisty character who wouldn’t let Rowdy treat her for less than she is worth. It was Rowdy I was concerned about, going into this book I wasn’t sure how I felt about it. Sure he is a manwhore, I don’t have any problems with that, I enjoy a reformed manwhore story, I think it was more of as soon as Avery wou
Dee
When we first met Rowdy he seemed like a really good guy as he shielded and risked his life for his sister, but then later on in the series it just gave the impression that he was a bit of a player who had a constant stream of women. I wasn’t really sure if I was going to like Rowdy….No, let me be honest here and say that I had actually started to dislike him due to his inability to keep his dick in his pants! I did even think about not reading this as I didn’t want to spoil the series, but it w ...more
L.
Jul 30, 2013 L. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I didn't even know this series existed until I saw Getting Rowdy on NetGalley. It's the 3rd book in a spin off series from "Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor," which I enjoyed. I caught up with Books 1 and 2 which all were kind of leading up to this one, IMO. We meet Rowdy and Avery in Run the Risk and patiently wait through two books until they get their HEA.

Rowdy is an alpha charmer and I loved his character. His exploits with the ladies seem a bit over the top, but he's got demons and what bett
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
I think I want Rowdy to be my BBF.

After first meeting Rowdy in Run the Risk (Love Undercover, #1) by Lori Foster & Bare It All (Love Undercover, #2; Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #5) by Lori Foster I could not wait for his story and I was not disappointed. Avery was just perfect for him and I liked how they were together. The suspense part of this one was mostly surprising, I thought I had it figured out...changed my mind and was then surprised. It was also good to see how Reese & Alice were doing, I loved that they took Marcus in. We are also introduced to a new character, Cannon Colter and I wonder if there is
Paige  Bookdragon
Hey sexy Rowdy...

description

Well, the book was good. Although, scale one to ten, I would have scaled Avery as 6..

Rowdy is another matter..
Jae
And average OK read. Nothing special worth writing home about.
Tammie
Aug 19, 2014 Tammie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4-Stars — Contemporary Romantic Suspense
Danielle
Aug 26, 2016 Danielle rated it it was amazing
Margreet Asselbergs

It's not like Rowdy Yates has made it a secret that he wants her. Ever since Avery Mullins started working with him, getting his bar ready for re-opening, and later as his bartender, he has been very clear in expressing his interest. Problem is, he has a broad interest ......and a short attention span. And even though Avery has had the hots for her boss since day one, she is not about to become another notch on his bedpost.

Sex has always been a release fo
Holly
Jul 19, 2012 Holly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Lori Foster has been one of my favorite authors since I began reading romance oh so long ago. Her books are deliciously sexy and super fun! Her Alphas are incredible and her heroine's are smart and strong!! I say all that to say that Getting Rowdy was the fun, sexy ride I fully expected it to be!!

Ever since I began this series - Love Undercover - I have been anxious to learn more about Rowdy. We get a little more of him as each book goes along and in the book prior to this he starts to show his
  • Fatal Strike (McClouds & Friends #10)
  • Thrill Ride (Black Knights Inc., #4)
  • Midnight Lies (Wildefire, #2)
  • Surrender to Sultry (Sultry Springs, #3)
  • Midnight Games (Killer Instincts, #3)
  • The Way Home (One-Eyed Jacks #2)
  • Under Fire (Elite Force, #3)
  • The Christmas He Loved Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #2)
  • High Passion (Adrenaline Search & Rescue, #2)
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • Perfect Fling (Serendipity's Finest, #2)
  • Tamed (Fit Trilogy #2)
  • Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)
  • Forged in Steele (KGI, #7)
  • Chances Are (Last Chance Rescue, #10)
  • Relentless (Lodestone, #3)
  • Sharpshooter (Shadow Agents, #3)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...

Love Undercover (4 books)
  • Run the Risk (Love Undercover, #1)
  • Bare It All (Love Undercover, #2)
  • Dash of Peril (Love Undercover, #4)