Start by marking “Finding Mercy” as Want to Read:
Finding Mercy

Finding Mercy (Home Valley #3)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  196 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Hidden in the heart of Home Valley, a SECRET danger takes root...

Quiet, cautious Ella Lantz has spent her entire life in the close-knit Amish community of Home Valley. Tending her lavender fields, she finds calm and serenity in purple blooms, heavenly scents and a simple life. But the sudden arrival of a strange visitor to her parents' home heralds a host of new complicati
Published September 24th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Mercy

Heidi
Amish born Ella grows lavender and dreams of marriage and children. Alex Caldwell dreams of living another day. When WITSEC hides Alex in Amish country, he stays with Ella's family as a their cousin from Pennsylvania. But the bad guys keep finding Alex, and take Ella to force him to come to them. She escapes and goes on the run with Alex and her grandmother.
The best thing about this book is ****Spoiler**** Ella does not leave the Amish to get her man. He converts. Excellent way to end the book.
T
Charlene
FINDING MERCY is the third (and final?) book in the "Home Valley Amish" series of mysteries set in the Northeastern Ohio Amish countryside. In some ways, I think it is the best of the three books, but I would prefer that the author had introduced the "bad guy" somehow near the end of the second book where he would really have fit the circumstances -- it would have made his presence less obvious and he would have appeared to be more a needed character than an obvious suspect.

Ella Lantz is a mid-2
Rhonda
Finding Mercy by Karen Harper
4 STARS

This is the third book in A Home Valley Amish Novel. It is the second one that I have read. I was not to impressed with the little I knew of Ella from Returning to Grace.
It is so easy to judge characters and real people with a little knowledge wrongly, like I did. I really grew to care more for Ella the more I got to know her and understand her better.
This novel was full of action and caring about others, and honesty on one side. Bad guys,traiters and murders
Betty
Ella Lantz is a young single woman living the Amish life with her family. Her brother is getting ready to marry one of her best friends and moves out of the house on his family's land. It is very near the lavender fields that Ella tends so she moves in with the idea that she will convert the first floor to a lavender shop and still be close enough to tend her fields.

Alex Caldwell, who is in a witness protection program, moves into the family home and specifically into the bedroom that Ella has
Rowena
This book was really good. I would recommend it. If you like Amish mystery and little bit of romantic thrown in. Lots of twist and turns and you really don't have a clue who was the one doing all those crimes till the end. I have read quite a few Amish mysteries and this is by far one of the best I have read. I will continue reading Karen Harpers books for sure.
Marissa
This final addition to the Home Valley Amish trilogy takes a look at the final childhood friend of Sarah and Hannah, Ella Lantz. There is continuation of storylines previously introduced, particularly in regards to Ray-Lynn and the other friends, but Ella's story puts a new spin on the young Amish woman meeting an outside man that the trilogy has set up. A section of the book, as mentioned in the description, takes the couple outside of the Home Valley Amish community, and the way in which this ...more
Carolyn E
I enjoyed this book. Karen Harper's books are always exciting. I am glad to hear that there will be another book in this series. According to the "Author's Note," this book will be entitled, "A Winter's Night," and will be released in the autumn of 2013. It will be a Home Valley Christmas romantic suspense novel.
Gaile
Alex Caldwell comes to the Amish in Ohio because his the lone voice to testify on espionage and selling corporate secrets. Under the witness program, they try to disguise him as Amish. Here the Wall Street whistle blower meets Amish girl, Ella Lantz. Alex's former boss has an insider on the job. Very soon Alex and Ella are forced to flee for their lives falling in love on the way.
Kathy Roling
Although I really did enjoy this book, I found there were several loose ends that should have been taken care of.....was there a Chinese connection? What about the disgruntled FBI agent? Was one person behind ALL of the attempts on Alex and Ella? Nice love story.
Rowena Philbeck
Loved this book. I will be reading more from Karen Harper. Love the mystery, love, crime all balled up in a story. Recommend this to Amish Fiction readers for sure!!!
H.S.
I think this was my favorite of the Home Valley series books. I enjoyed the unique story line of the Englisher and the Amish maidel... and, of course, "Grandma". Don't want to reveal any spoilers, but a good romantic suspense.
Sally
The plot of this book was great - what I didn't appreciate was the coarse language and the suggestive sexual content. It was not necessary and the previous books didn't have as much of this and were better for it.
Cupoftea
Karen Harper writes a dark side to Amish country in Finding Mercy. A witness is hidden with an Amish family. Romance, mayhem, attempted murder are all there.
Lisa
I've loved all the books I've read by this author. This one completed a sort of series settled in Amish country and it was good.
Faye
I enjoyed this book. May have been I was ready for a book like this. It kept my interest and I loved seeing the lavender field.
Michelle
What is it about the Amish that facinates me? Interesting read. Am considering picking up some of the others from this series.
Donnap
This was a good book, it kept you guessing until the end. I would recomend reading it if you like amish mysteries.
Wellington City Libraries
Very easy story to follow and thoroughly enjoyed it as much as the two previous books in the trilogy.
Nancy
have enjoyed all the books in this group and in fact have enjoyed other books by the author
Julie
A bit far fetched and the ending far too predictable. I am glad the trilogy is done.
Elaine Ralenkotter
Just finished. This is the third book of the trilogy. I really enjoyed it.
JoyfulK
21st century romantic suspense in the style of Mary Stewart. A fun read.
Linda
A very good Amish book. I liked the characters and the suspense.
Virginia Winfield
Very good. Love to read about the Amish.
Harlequin Books
Home Valley Amish trilogy conclusion
PWRL
Jan 30, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
E
Nora Mason
Nora Mason marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
  • Material Witness (Shipshewana Amish Mystery #3)
  • To Love and to Cherish (The Bliss Creek Amish #1)
  • Home by Dark
  • The Heart's Journey (Stitches in Time #2)
  • An Amish Family Reunion
  • A Plain Death (Appleseed Creek, #1)
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • Johanna's Bridegroom (Hannah's Daughters, #6)
  • Beyond Hope's Valley (The Big Sky Series, #3)
  • Huckleberry Hill
  • A Revelation in Autumn (Discovery, #5)
  • Saving Gideon (Clover Ridge, #1)
  • Accidentally Amish (Valley of Choice #1)
  • An Uncommon Grace: A Novel
  • A Season of Love (Kauffman Amish Bakery #5)
A New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Karen Harper is a former college English instructor (The Ohio State University) and high school literature and writing teacher. A lifelong Ohioan, Karen and her husband Don divide their time between the midwest and the southeast, both locations she has used in her books. Besides her American settings, Karen loves the British Isles, where her Scott ...more
More about Karen Harper...
The Last Boleyn The Queen's Governess The First Princess of Wales Mistress Shakespeare The Poyson Garden (Elizabeth I, #1)