Start by marking “Sleigh Belles” as Want to Read:
Sleigh Belles

Sleigh Belles (Sassy Belles #3)

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  195 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Join the Sassy Belles this holiday season—it's Christmas, Southern-style!

With her hair perfectly coiffed, nails freshly manicured and a heavy trail of perfume wafting behind her, local news reporter Dallas Dubois is sure she's about to kick her career—and maybe her love life—into high gear. The director of the Tuscaloosa children's Christmas play has fallen ill, and Dalla
Published September 24th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sleigh Belles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleigh Belles

Harriet the Spy by Louise FitzhughThe Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel BarberyFrontier Engagement by Regina ScottTess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas HardyStill the One by Jill Shalvis
Walking Across the Covers
24th out of 25 books — 3 voters
Fallen Too Far by Abbi GlinesForever My Girl by Heidi McLaughlinPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonPerfection by R.L. MathewsonThe Rocker That Holds Me by Terri Anne Browning
KIDS OR PREGNANT
123rd out of 168 books — 106 voters

More lists with this book...

Susan
Apr 12, 2014 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
The Sassy Belles are back! I just love Vivi, Blake, and Dallas. I want them for my friends as they always have each other's backs and that is just what women need! Girlfriends!! SLEIGH BELLES is mostly about Dallas Dubois and Cal Hollingsworth. Finally, these two get together. But it isn't all sweet tea and roses. They have always liked each other and the attraction was there, but Cal thought Dallas was selfish and only did things to get ahead in her television career no matter whos toes she had ...more
Ian
Oct 22, 2013 Ian rated it liked it
Dallas Dubois was the arch nemesis of Vivi and Blake in Sassy Belles and Wedding Belles. In Sleigh Belles we get a closer look at the hard nosed reporter who has been the bain of Blake and Vivi's existence.

When the director for the Christmas play takes ill, Dallas is railroaded into the job, and she immediately runs headlong into Cal, the guy she's had a crush on since high school. But Cal is in Blake and Vivi's clique and as far as he's concerned she's the same ice queen he knew in high school
Lenore (Biblliolatry Me!)
Jul 14, 2013 Lenore (Biblliolatry Me!) rated it really liked it
I saw the cutest cover at Chapters the other day entitled “Sassy Belles”. The book just popped out at me. I was on a limited budget (sadly the children do need to eat and books must be prioritized), so I did not buy it that day. Well, as luck would have it, I found this book on Net Galley and requested right away. Christmas books as summer reads are my favorite…and second of course are Christmas books at Christmas!

This was such a cute, lovely and endearing story. Dallas, the poor misguided soul
Paula  Phillips
Aug 04, 2013 Paula Phillips rated it it was amazing
Christmas is here and it's not the Sleigh Bells that you have to be worried or excited about but the "Sleigh Belles" of Tuscaloosa. We have Vivi McFadden who has just had a cute baby girl Tallulah to her longtime on/off lover and now husband Lewis - the announcer for the Football team - The Crimson Tides. Blake , after witnessing her husband Henry cheat on her she thought she may never find love again but true love for Blake came in the form of her old high-school boyfriend now Chief of Police ...more
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
I have not read the previous books in the Sassy Belles series because I have actually not heard of them before. So when I read the synopsis of Sleigh Belles something about sparked an interest and I just had to read it.

Now I will admit I found the beginning a bit slow going. But after a couple of chapters I found myself hooked and not ready to put this book down. The pacing did tend to be slow at times but the plot is what kept me interested and wanting to see how things turn out. I just love t
Stories & Verse
"Sleigh Bells" is a story about second chances. The story takes place in Tuscaloosa, Alabama around Christmas time. Cal and Dallas both had a crush on each other in high school, but back then neither had the confidence to do anything about their feelings. In fact they didn't even like each other. Now they are all grown up and by chance Cal and Dallas end up working together on a children's school play called "Sleigh Bells". They get a second chance to do something about the deep down true feelin ...more
Susan
Sep 21, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
"But Cal wasn't the type to be hurt and not face it head-on. He was an Alabama football player, and Crimson Tide men didn't walk away from a battle. He wasn't trained that way. Head-on was his nature. He had to make a plan."

Amen!

Awesome job, Beth Albright! I loved Dallas's story! I always knew there was so much more to her, and I am so glad that she got her own novel! I LOVE Cal, too!

I read the entire book almost in one sitting, and I did read it in one day. If you have been following this seri
Ann
Sep 07, 2013 Ann rated it really liked it
I love going back to visit Tuscaloosa and catching up with old friends. Reporter at the local tv station, Dallas helps direct the children's Christmas pageant with the help of Cal, a new friend. This is a wonderful Christmas Belle story.
Grace
Jul 11, 2016 Grace rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars
I didn't hate this book, but in no way did I like it either.

First of all, the plot was hard to follow. It felt like reading a trilogy's worth of material in one book. There was just too much going on.

I didn't like the characters either. None of them were quite believable. Apparently, none of them actually grew up after high school. The protagonist wasn't likable or relatable.

The narration and the dialogue was lacking as well. It all felt forced and strange. Writing "fixin'" into dialogue is one
Donna
Jan 25, 2016 Donna rated it it was amazing
Okay, my dear friend who buddy-read this with me didn't care for it. She said the plot was so thin as to be transparent. I agree with her, but I'm giving it 5 stars anyway.

To me, fluff pieces like this are a genre unto themselves. Especially when it's a standard feel-good Christmas story. When I picked up this book, I was in the mood for something predictable and uplifting for the season, without a whole lot of roller-coastering in the story, and that's exactly what I got.

Dallas Dubois is a form
Andrea at Reading Lark
*3.5 Rating
Review Posted on Reading Lark 10/8/13: http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2013/...

I've really enjoyed reading this series and I'm sad to see it end. My favorite part of this series has been the friendship between Blake and Vivi. I've also loved watching their relationships evolve. I was expecting to get to spend a lot more time with them in the final book, but sadly that didn't happen. This novel is really Dallas' story. It's certainly not a bad read, but it is my least favorite in the s
Sharon Chance
Dec 13, 2013 Sharon Chance rated it it was amazing
I just loved Beth Albright's first two books in her Sassy Belle's series (The Sassy Belles and Wedding Belles), so I knew that her Christmas story, "Sleigh Belles," was sure to be a winner as well - and I wasn't disappointed!

Albright takes her readers back to Tuscaloosa, Alabama at the height of the holiday season as she introduces Dallas Dubois, television news reporter and step sister to Blake O'Hara Heart. Dallas is known for being a little over-the-top, as evidenced by her actions in the pr
Gina Hott
Dec 05, 2013 Gina Hott rated it really liked it
Hott Synopsis:
Dallas Dubois can’t help but to wonder why the only guy who makes her mouth water also makes her cringe. They don’t like each other but she can’t seem to keep her heart from fluttering each time she sees him.
Focus, Dallas!! Men don’t matter! The only one you can trust is you so get your head in the game and get that promotion!
Cal Hollingsworth can’t seem to figure out how Dallas, who has it all, can be such a selfish self-centered Ice Queen. She’s so nasty to everyone! She doesn’t
Donna
Dec 27, 2013 Donna rated it it was amazing

Dallas Dubois is a form
Kimberly
Sep 02, 2013 Kimberly rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

3.5 Stars I enjoyed this story all though it had many sad parts. I wondered if it really was a holiday story with home much sadness was going on. But in the end as with all holiday stories it has a happy ending.

Dallas is hard to like at first. She seemed so smug and stuck up but once the reader gets to know her and her story there is actually something that changes the way the reader sees her. Cal is a sweet guy and I enjoyed him but honestly this is not
Beverly Diehl
I really wanted to like this book. Loved the cover, some of my dearest friends and family are sassy Southern belles, one specifically hails from Alabama. But I HATED reporter Dallas Dubois, and the longer I read, the more cartoonishly obnoxious and unlikable she became...

The book opens with Dallas lamenting another flare-up. Anybody else's brain shooting straight to herpes with this? Then it clarifies it's describing Dallas's attraction to Cal Hollingsworth.

We're in Dallas's point of view: "Wha
Tamara
Dec 10, 2013 Tamara rated it really liked it
Review originally posted: Traveling With T

In the previous two books, Sassy Belles and Wedding Belles, the lovely Dallas Dubois has shown the readers just how far she will go to get the story (or a man!) Dallas, while beautiful, has not shown the readers (or the people of Tuscaloosa) that she is the kind of woman to be friends with or to trust. But, if you know women like Dallas, most often- there is a reason for their behavior. Sleigh Belles tells Dallas’s story- and makes readers who may have w
Wminbc
Mar 26, 2014 Wminbc rated it really liked it

Helen Barlow
Dec 05, 2014 Helen Barlow rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, series
Originally published on my blog My Novel Opinion.

This third installment of The Sassy Belles series continues just a few months after Vivi and Lewis's wedding. It's the run up to Christmas and we're about to see a whole different side to Tuscaloosa reporter Dallas Dubois.

Dallas was first introduced in The Sassy Belles as Blake's ex-step sister (Blake's mom married Dallas's dad when the girls were teenagers). Their relationship was competitive to say the least and although not enemies, they kept e

Chelsey
Oct 10, 2013 Chelsey rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed following this series so far, and I hope there will be more books in the near future! The Southern sassiness is just too much to resist, especially if you are a Southern belle like me! The cover, of course, caught my eye, as I am ready for all things Christmas starting in the beginning of November! I loved the other two books in this series, and I was anxious to finally read Dallas’s story. In this book the relationships between Blake, Vivi, and Dallas develop a little more, and I ...more
Roz ~ My Written Romance
This and other reviews can be found on my blog, My Written Romance.

Now I wasn't quite sure how I would be able to take Dallas as a heroine. In the first two books, there are moments where you just want to pull her aside and say "Love, pull your head in - you're not really doing yourself any favours!". Blake's teenage rival in everything, Dallas hasn't really come across that well before.

Oh, how I do love a good redemption story! We learn that life hasn't always been so kind to Dallas. Estrangeme
Gill Prater
Jul 12, 2016 Gill Prater rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written book in a true southern style. This was my first Beth Albright book. I look forward to reading more of the Sassy Belles series as well as other books by this author. This book imparts the Christmas Spirit and will get you in the mood for the Holidays! SEC football is serious business and she touched on how Alabama fans are always in the mood for another National Football Championship! ROLL TIDE!
Josephine
Nov 22, 2015 Josephine added it
Shelves: dnf
The only reason I picked this up after disliking Wedding Belles was to see what happened with Blake and Sonny's unexpected pregnancy. Where the previous book focused on what was happening with the MC from the first book in this series, this book went right into the story of the new hero and heroine. Unfortunately, Dallas was an extremely unlikable heroine and after a couple of chapters, I put this book down.
Janet Robel
Cute story with loads of Southern charm! At first, I was all set to dislike Dallas and wasn't sure if I would want to keep reading. After the scene with Sara Grace, we see a more vulnerable Dallas then the career driven self-centered woman we meet in the beginning. Taking over as director for the Tuscaloosa children's Christmas play and working with Cal Hollingsworth the music director, may not be a bad thing after all.
Patricia Solla
Dec 27, 2014 Patricia Solla rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, pbs
An interesting tale of two people, who knew each other in high school (and disliked each other), and now as adults must work with each other presenting a children's nativity play. The storyline becomes more interesting as the two adults find out more about each other (and others).
Jo (My House of Books)
I've really enjoyed this series thus far, and I knew in order to get to know Dallas Dubois, we would have to hear things from her point of view and not Blake O'Hara Heart's. Unfortunately, I really missed Blake's voice and perspective on life in Tuscaloosa.

Dallas Dubois is a news reporter trying to get ahead. She's been portrayed as a schemer and a do-anything-to-further-her-career kind of gal, but that's not who she really is underneath the perfect hair and heavy makeup.

While I'm glad to have
Lynne Evans
Aug 15, 2016 Lynne Evans rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Let's spend Christmas with the Sassy Belles. This is Dallas' book and we learn about her past and why she appears to be such a B**ch! We also get to spend time with Blake and Vivi and their fellas. Dallas' character redemption is a very touching story. This was my favorite book of the series.
Christine
Feb 25, 2015 Christine rated it really liked it
Shelves: makes-me-cry
I actually liked it a lot more than the other Sassy Belles book. I liked that the focus was on Dallas and not on Blake. It was a really good story, little bit of a tearjerker.
Mollie
Jun 01, 2014 Mollie rated it really liked it
Preferred the first two books but still a decent read.
Irene
Dec 26, 2013 Irene rated it it was ok
This book was ok entertainment, but the story did not capture me at all. It looked like too much was crammed into this story. 15, 20 years of silence and animosity was waved away like it was nothing. Dallas changes personality almost overnight, and she does not seem very genuine. I just didn't really like her. I also felt that I missed some background information, but it looks like there were two earlier books that I didn't know about.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 15, 2015 04:55PM
  • Mistletoe on Main Street (Briar Creek, #1)
  • Together for Christmas (Kismet, Michigan, #3)
  • Blame It on the Mistletoe
  • Christmas at the Beach (Ten Beach Road #2.5)
  • Hustlin' Texas (Texas Fever, #2)
  • Nora Bonesteel's Christmas Past (Ballad, #10.5)
  • Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)
  • Last Chance Summer: A Short Story (Last Chance, #5.5)
  • A Seaside Christmas (Chesapeake Shores #10)
  • Upon a Winter's Night (Home Valley, #4)
  • Do You Believe in Santa? (Evergreen Lane #1)
  • A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree
  • Sisterhood is Deadly (Sorority Sisters Mystery, #1)
  • Sleigh Bells in the Snow (O'Neil Brothers, #1)
  • Snowbound in Montana (Carrigans of the Circle C, #4)
  • Christmas on Main Street (Snowberry Creek, #1.5; Shelter Bay, #6.5; Cricket Creek, #5.5; Bayberry Island, #0.5)
  • Christmas at the Gingerbread Cafe (The Gingerbread Cafe, #1)
  • Some Kind of Wonderful: A Holiday Novella (Cupcake Lovers #3.5)
Beth Albright is a Tuscaloosa native, former Days of Our Lives actress, and former radio and TV talk show host. She is a graduate of the University of Alabama School of Journalism. She is also a screenwriter, voice-over artist and mother. She is married to her college sweetheart, Ted and mother to brilliant college student, Brooks. A perpetually homesick Southern Belle and a major Alabama Crimson ...more
More about Beth Albright...

Sassy Belles (4 books)
  • The Sassy Belles
  • Wedding Belles
  • Saved By The Belles

“forced down the butterflies and smiled warmly at Vivi. “Oh, I’m fine, thanks. How are y’all today?” “Good,” Vivi said. “Come on in from the cold and we’ll have some tea or hot cider. Oh, my heavens—look at what she brought, Blake,” Vivi said happily when Dallas offered up the doughnuts. “This is wonderful, thank you.” She took the treat from her and made her way to the kitchen. Dallas relaxed—but only a little. She’d always” 0 likes