Start by marking “Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)” as Want to Read:
Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)

Crest (Ondine Quartet #3)

4.43  ·  Rating Details ·  1,044 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
Illusion. Power. Identity.

Tensions are reaching a fever pitch everywhere Kendra Irisavie turns.

Darkness settles over elementals as a new threat stirs suspicions of a betrayal from within. Details of recent events spread through Haverleau, prompting doubts over Irisavie leadership. The mysterious Selkie Kingdom finally opens its doors, but the gesture only fans the flames o
Kindle Edition
Published September 17th 2013

Heather
Mar 19, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-time-faves
I can't wait for this book!

Review to come. Emma! That ending! Computer was almost thrown at the wall.. Who is it?! 2014?! Ah!

So. wow. I had to wait so long for Crest to come out and let me tell you it was worth it!
In Crest Kendra Irisavie is still learning exactly what it means to be the Sondaleur, tracking down the The Shadow, training to be a chevalier, proving she can lead and be governor oh and let's not forget Tristan. *swoon* The warrior Prince that always has Kendra's best interests at h
BookGoddess
Jul 15, 2013 BookGoddess rated it it was amazing
This series is one of those hidden gems that I wish more people knew about- I want to shout from the roof and say, READ THIS!! ABANDON ALL THOSE OTHER AWFUL YA'S AND READ THIS! The first book had a shaky start, but Raveling quickly found her style and what emerged was some truly beautiful, awesome writing, and Crest is no exception. What I love about Crest, and the series in general, are those quiet, poignant scenes that really touch your heart. I find myself writing down quotes when reading the ...more
BookHookup
Oct 24, 2013 BookHookup rated it it was amazing
There’s nothing that can equal the excitement of reading a series that just keeps getting better and better. This third book in the Ondine Quartet does just that. It left me exhausted, excited, anxious and, for the first time in this series, completely heartbroken. What a rollercoaster ride!!

I’ve always felt that the world-building in these books was very creative and I enjoyed the time spent in Haverleau. But, I never imagined we’d be treated to spending time in the Selkie Kingdom. The opportun
Aeicha
Sep 18, 2013 Aeicha rated it it was amazing
OH. EM. GEE y’all! I loved Whirl and Billow (books one and two) and Chevalier and Warrior Prince (the novellas), but Crest blew me the fuck away and reminded me why I totally heart Emma Raveling…not that I could ever forget. I mean I’m the president of the Emma Raveling Fan Club- I’ve got the badge, tattoo, and totally non-creepy shrine to prove it ;)

The Ondine Quartet is one of those series that seriously just keeps getting better and better with each new addition. I walk away from each book in
Melanie
Apr 17, 2013 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ry-2013, read-in-2013
5*s
amazing!
Review posted here...

Crest is yet another amazing read in the Ondine Quartet and sh*t just got real! Gone is the carefree, act now, think later Kendra and in her place is the more mature, duty bound Governor in training who is now well aware that each and every one of her decisions bears consequences & she must always look to the greater good for the Ondine people. You can really feel how much Kendra has matured as a person in this book, not
Rashika (is tired)
actual rating 3.5

"But you're still a player, Kendra." He turned to face me again. “You remain the central character of this story and a narrative has built around you and those in your life."

We’ve come so far since the first book. I remember when I first picked it up, I wasn’t looking for much but I seem to be hooked and with each installment the series gets better and better.

Even with its similarities to Vampire Academy, the author manages to make the series unique and unlike the Covenant ser
Nancy Cavaliere
Jul 31, 2013 Nancy Cavaliere rated it it was amazing
YESSS!!!! thank you emma raveling for being such a kick a** writer!! One of my favorite series, even pushing twilight out of the #1 favorites spot..Im sorry Edward.

Lets start with how I felt when I finally got this book - *does the running man, cabbage patch, the worm, and the macarena* YES. THAT excting!!! AHHH!!!!

I wont summarize it for you because I seriously dont know how to without giving anything away. Im sorry, I su*k.

This book is the gamechanger, for everyone.

Kendra has finally come into
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
Emma Raveling is back with the third instalment to the Ondine Quartet series, where we see teenager Kendra Irisavie risks her life battling the evil Aquidae by trying to put an end to their leader - the shadow. However, when Kendra's journey takes her to the home of the Selkie Kingdom, it's not long before she realises there is a traitor amongst them and Kendra's determined to find out who it is.

I adore Emma Raveling's work and Crest is nothing short of fantastic! I went into Crest with so many
E.J. Mellow
Jul 02, 2013 E.J. Mellow rated it it was amazing
I have to start off by saying I absolutely LOVE this world Emma Raveling created. It's beautiful and moving, dark and mysterious, and feels engrained in history as if it was a myth from ancient times.

This much awaited 3rd book in the Ondine Quartet did not disappoint. Kendra's character is always so great to read from and her growth is massive in this book. Tristan (let's pause a sec so we can fan ourselves) oozes swoon worthiness, dangerous strength, and wisdom that every male should have.

I co
Lindsay
May 13, 2013 Lindsay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Melissa
Just superb. Raveling completely outdid herself...that ending? The last book can't get here soon enough!
Jasmine
Sep 10, 2013 Jasmine rated it it was amazing
Forewarning: I really, really enjoyed this book; much fangirl-ing and gushing ahead.

Also, characters have developed, therefore there might be light SPOILERS ahead for some. Go finish Whirl and Billow! Now, onward!

Crest was the perfect continuation of Emma Raveling's Ondine Quartet. Romance, action, and intrigue combine to create an amazing story that grabs you from beginning to end, and will make you want the last book even that much more (if you thought that was even possible).

Kendra is perha
Tricia
I LOVED this!!!!!! Such huge growth from Kendra in this book! She has truly flourished. I was so shocked and pleased to see Kendra handling everything that she was, with so much grace, and responsibility. She is becoming the leader she was destined to be, and so much more. She is fighting for and navigating her new role in the draining political world. We have seen in the previous books what a fierce and dedicated warrior Kendra can be, Crest really highlighted the fact that she is much more th ...more
Ana
Aug 26, 2013 Ana rated it it was amazing

Jackie
May 22, 2013 Jackie rated it it was amazing
Oh my god. They keep getting better! I loved this book. Loved. It. Best in the series so far.
I loved Kendra and her internal struggles with duty vs personal wants. A lot of times this part of the story really irritates me because the heroine waffles back and forth but doesn't really change at all and the thoughts get really repetitive and annoying. Not the case with this one. Kendra actually learned and figured stuff out about herself and the people and the world around her and I enjoyed readin
Chantelle
Apr 13, 2014 Chantelle rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book was amazing! I cannot wait for the last book now. This book had everything you could possibly want and more.
It was one of those books that left you on the edge of a seat, it was shrouded in mystery, and left me wondering who the traitor of the novel really was.
For most of the time, I was like "Is it him?" and then "or maybe it's him", there was so many potential traitors that I kept flicking back and forth to random characters, it made me question every character in the book, wh
Ritu
Mar 18, 2013 Ritu rated it it was amazing
This was unbelievably awesome! There was not a instant where I felt the story dragged and found myself flipping through the pages of nonstop action and dashes of romance. I love Kendra in this book and the maturity she displays when handling situations. She is such a badass in this book! Though I love Julian, I was disappointed with him and his actions toward Kendra. Their friendship is so sweet and I hope the the next book resolves theirs problems. Julian deserves his happy ending too!

Tristan
Samantha
Jul 06, 2013 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Surely when I think the Ondine series can not get any better, Raveling manages to amaze me again.

How much can a character from a book resonate and grow through a series..

I re-read the first two before starting Crest to recall on some of the more detailed aspects and Im so glad I did. Rereading the series has given me the insight to see the flow through the books in a new light.

Kendra is so much stronger, she is still herself and yes she still is stubborn but she also has a lot of revelation in
Grace Touch
Nov 16, 2013 Grace Touch rated it it was amazing
These books just keep getting better and better!!
I am over-flowing with pride for Kendra. She has grown so much, and become such a remarkable woman, warrior, and overall person. She has bested all sorts of odds thrown at her and persevered with flying colors. She humbles me with her dedication to, not only succeed with any and all goals she sets for herself, but also for the loyalty she has for those she protects and the people she'd die for.
I cannot wait to see just how much more she will c
Laurie
Apr 02, 2013 Laurie rated it it was amazing
Amazing! I don't frequently give 5 stars, but this was so well deserved. This is definitely the best in the series so far. The book had just the right mix of action and romance. The story development from start to finish was complex but the level of detail was perfectly balanced throughout. Now, I want to reread the whole series again in order to catch all the little details I missed. I laughed and cried. Just perfect!

Thank you to Ms. Raveling for my advance review copy. Cannot wait for #4.
Ellen Sara
Sep 22, 2013 Ellen Sara rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just wow. This book is epic in its greatness. Everything is lined up for the fourth and final book to be mind blowing. Raveling managed to combine romance (swoon!), duty, action, adventure, destiny and mythology into a truly great story! If you are a fan of the series you must pick this up. If you're not then you really need to read the first book and join the fandom! When does the next book come out?!?
Kirstie
Sep 14, 2013 Kirstie rated it it was amazing
5 stars. No doubt about it.

I couldn't stop reading. It was so good.
The ending was epic.
But the question is who is the Shadow?

I don't know why but I feel it's (view spoiler) Argh, I can't wait for the next book.
Misha
Wow. I read this one over the span of a week because I really wanted to savor it. It was the best one yet in the series. There was so much that happened over the course of the book and so many emotions. Kendra was amazing, and I am Team Tristan all the way now. I don't know how I'm going to wait for the last book with an ending like that.
Jen
May 13, 2013 Jen rated it it was amazing
LOVED it!

This book was amazing. I was almost dreading it because I was so sure of what the outcome would be but you completely took my breath away with the turn of events.I should stop right there and leave it at that. I should just post my comment and wait for Ondine. I really should…

Fuck the shoulds.
Priceless.
Sep 23, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I'm so sad I got this book early to review because it means I have to wait that much longer for the conclusion! Seriously, Emma doesn't disappoint with some surprising twists that will leave you scratching your head right up until the very end and begging for the next book!!
Daphne
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Halyna
Jul 31, 2013 Halyna rated it it was amazing
Wow, loved it! Fantastic installment in the awesome series! Unexpected, gripping, with the ending so cliffhangerish, that the waiting for the next book is a pure torture!
Lucy at Rain and Cupcakes Book Blog
Oh my god, who is it??? Is it HIM?!!!!! I bet it is him!! I can't with to read the final book of this series!
Tia
Sep 19, 2013 Tia rated it really liked it
It's so remarkable the different angles this book leads in this ondine journey. Kendra is a much more uplifting. Major cliffhanger will make you want to review several passages.
Anne
Me after reading Crest:

description
  • The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3)
  • I Am Forever (What Kills Me, #2)
  • My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2)
  • Refuge (Relentless #2)
  • Bound by Spells (Bound, #2)
  • Bind the Soul (Steel & Stone, #2)
  • Blood Beyond Darkness (Darkness, #4)
  • Feudlings in Flames (Fate on Fire, #2)
  • Crimson Dahlia (Svatura, #3)
  • Shadow's Dangers (The Last Hope, #1)
  • Blood Past (Warriors of Ankh, #2)
  • Vampire's Kiss (The Watchers, #2)
  • Dark Secrets (Dark, #2)
  • Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3)
  • Drop Dead Demons (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #2)
Emma Raveling resides in Honolulu with her husband and German shepherd.
More about Emma Raveling...

Ondine Quartet (4 books)
  • Whirl (Ondine Quartet, #1)
  • Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
  • Breaker (Ondine Quartet, #4)

“I want you to find what you seek, live the way you choose," he whispered. "Even if it means I can never touch you again. I will never abandon you because I love you.” 25 likes
“I'd spent my life searching for something I couldn't name.

And as I drowned in the torrential flow of conflicting desires, caught in the relentless roar of water, earth, blood, and war, I reached out - wildly, desperately - and found it with him.”
12 likes