Start by marking “Tiger Lillie” as Want to Read:
Tiger Lillie

Tiger Lillie

Always the Wedding Coordinator, Never the Bride.

Fifteen years after the mysterious disappearance of Ted, her childhood sweetheart, gutsy and daring Lillie Bauer–bungee-jumper, book addict, and delightfully offbeat coordinator of “extreme” high-concept weddings–is ready to find love again. Yet as she boldly but reluctantly braves a disastrous dating scene in her search for
Published October 19th 2004 by WaterBrook

To ask other readers questions about Tiger Lillie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiger Lillie

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta JacksonAn Echo in the Darkness by Francine RiversThe Master's Plan by Stephany Tullis
Christian Chick Lit
429th out of 463 books — 488 voters
I, Robot by Isaac AsimovThe Hundred Dresses by Eleanor EstesThe Shrinking of Treehorn by Florence Parry HeideCaddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie BrinkLassie Come-Home by Eric Knight
Books on Open Library
13th out of 70 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristy
May 13, 2011 Kristy rated it liked it
This book was the result of my search for a novel that ends mostly well without being predictable and trite. At least somewhat literary but with a touch of romance. And clean without being overtly prudish. Tastey and tasteful but not empty calories. I was searching for a warm-bittersweet-chocolate-chip-oatmeal-cookie of a book.

The search is still mostly on. I can't just read Pride and Prejudice and These is my Words over and over can I?

That's not to say I don't recommend this book. It was clean
Shellys♥ Journal
Oct 07, 2010 Shellys♥ Journal rated it really liked it
Shelves: year-2010
Raelee Carpenter
Feb 02, 2015 Raelee Carpenter rated it really liked it
Tiger Lillie will crush your heart and make you feel all warm-fuzzy inside. And, Ms. Samson... oh, this lady will make me a lifelong fan.

This novel is unique and doesn't disappoint. It's vibrant, lovely, sweet, eccentric, funny, profound, and wildly purposeful.

This book is almost a five-star book. I'd give it 4.5 if I could. Occasionally the sentences get a tad too complex and seem to lose themselves in the words, and all the wealth and pomp around the characters seems improbable and a little we
Janice
Jun 10, 2016 Janice rated it liked it
What an interesting cast of characters! I really enjoyed the character development in this story. There were things I loved about this book and other things that just didn't fit. I can't deny the author's talent for writing, but there was something about the story as a whole that just didn't feel right. I can't even put my finger on it. Something is off. Still, it was entertaining.
Ruth
May 12, 2010 Ruth rated it really liked it
Tiger Lillie is a Lisa Samson novel about some very quirky characters. The main two are sisters, Lillie and Tacy. Lillie is single, and is in business as an extreme wedding planner--the kind of person that people with too much money hire to put on a big show. Tacy married young, to a charming handsome and controlling man. Other characters include the gay best friend, a bridezilla, a blind Episcopalian priest and co-workers of various ilks.

This was an interesting story, and as usual, I enjoyed Sa
Heidi
Sep 26, 2016 Heidi rated it liked it
Not my favorite from Lisa Samson. Both the characters and the plot fell flat. Surprising, given that she wrote this one around the same time as she wrote my two favorites: Songbird, and The Church Ladies. Samson is a gifted writer; if you want to test her waters, try one of those two instead of this disappointing novel.
Valerie
Feb 17, 2014 Valerie rated it it was amazing
Very rare do I give a book 5 stars, but I would have given it 10. It was the best book that I have ever read in the Christian genre. Lisa continues to challenge me to look at all areas of my Christian life. She is very spiritual, godly, and wise. This was a can't put down read! Keep writing Lisa! You are amazing.
Carrie Padgett
Mar 05, 2012 Carrie Padgett rated it it was amazing
Tiger Lillie came out in 2004. I heard really good things about it. I’ve read a few other Lisa Samson titles and I enjoyed them, I just never got around to Tiger Lillie. Until last week.

I could not put it down.

Lillie is a Strong Hungarian Woman, just like her mother and grandmother. She’s single, a little overweight, and the bean-counting partner in a wedding planning business.

Lillie’s struggles and feelings are real and pure. Even though I’m a Weak California Woman, Lillie’s emotions resonated
Emi
Feb 02, 2015 Emi rated it liked it
The meaning behind the protagonist's name "Tiger Lillie" was too brief and confusing. And the storylines, while entertaining tied up a little too nicely. Still - I will read more from this author!
Sara
Jun 23, 2014 Sara rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit
Surprisingly complex thoughts on faith and an interesting assortment of characters for a Christian chick-lit book.
Beth
Jan 14, 2008 Beth rated it liked it
Overall this was a pretty good book. I liked the story of the main character's sister much better than the main character, Lillie. It didn't quite end the way I had expected, but it was good. The main character had been single forever because of a big ordeal with a former fiancee. Then out of the blue this rock star guy falls in love with her in about 2 days--a little over the edge of reality, in my opinion.
Joyce
May 28, 2009 Joyce rated it really liked it
Shelves: tiger-lillie
i really liked this book. it's about two sisters, goes back and forth between the two telling their story. it's sad,funny and suspenceful. lisa samson is becoming one of my favorite authors, she is a christian author and deals with real life problems. her characters grow spiritually by going through tough situations.
Pam
Feb 11, 2016 Pam rated it really liked it
this is the one with the gay character in it -- very good story!
Havebooks Willread
Jan 11, 2014 Havebooks Willread rated it it was ok
Recommended to Havebooks by: Carrie H.
Ok, but rather boring.
Michelle
Sep 20, 2008 Michelle rated it liked it
My first book by this author. I felt at the end of this book like I still had a lot of questions - many things unanswered. Quite a few extreme characters. Can't say I would recommend it...
Megan
Mar 28, 2008 Megan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, romance
I could not put this down! This is tied with Songbird as my favorite Lisa Samson book. The romance was so sweet, and again, the characters were Christian, but not perfect.
Dani
Mar 14, 2013 Dani rated it it was ok
I found this book to be very all over the place. I had a hard time following the characters and setting, I wasn't sure who "Tilly" was, and it felt like it jumped around a lot.
Lisa
May 23, 2008 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Lisa Samson is my favorite author of Christian fiction and this is one of my favorite books. The characters are colorful and *real*.
Lindamarie
Jun 04, 2011 Lindamarie rated it really liked it
This book is a little stilted and awkward, but it contains some beautiful jewels of wisdom! I want to read more by this author.
Jan Ackerson
Mar 31, 2008 Jan Ackerson rated it it was amazing
Great characters, and I was especially impressed that Samson wasn't afraid to take on a gay Christian character.
amber
Jul 23, 2008 amber rated it liked it
i met lisa and her family at a conference before i read her books. her stories are almost as fun as she is.
Lizzy
Mar 12, 2013 Lizzy added it
I love this book. The main femail character, Lillie, is down to earth and a motivated woman.
Lisa
Jul 02, 2012 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: casual-read
Didn't feel this one...like her others. it was s bit slow, but still love her work.
Hilarey Johnson
Apr 16, 2010 Hilarey Johnson rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Hard to get into at first, a little confusing. Very worth the effort.
Beckynovacek
Aug 08, 2008 Beckynovacek rated it it was amazing
i really loved this book. it changed some important paradigms for me.
Karen
Jun 10, 2012 Karen rated it liked it
Riveting but an unsatisfying conclusion
Michael
Jul 27, 2008 Michael rated it it was amazing
Another great Samson book.
Hildy Peterson

• Norah's Ark
  • The Will of Wisteria
  • Tears in a Bottle
  • Only Uni (Sushi, #2)
  • Nothing But the Right Thing (Spirit and Soul #2)
  • Letter from Point Clear
  • The Sneezing Christmas Tree
  • At the Scent of Water (Second Chances Collection, #3)
  • Secret of the Thorns
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
  • The Trophy Wives Club (Trophy Wives Club, #1)
  • On This Day
  • Be Sweet
  • Gardenias for Breakfast
  • A Higher Court: One Man's Search for the Truth of God's Existence
  • A Fine Line (Baxter Series, #5)
  • Get Cozy, Josey! (Josey, #3)
  • The Secret Life of Becky Miller (Becky Miller #1)
The Christy-award winning author of nineteen books including the Women of Faith Novel of the Year Quaker Summer, Lisa Samson has been hailed by Publishers Weekly as "a talented novelist who isn't afraid to take risks." She lives in Kentucky with her husband and three kids.
More about Lisa Samson...

“Personally, I like to imagine the Godhead dancing it a rhythm of its own, something even grander than a waltz, touching, tasting, smelling, seeing, and hearing, creating wonder after wonder, and when it's finished, looking upon the handiwork and saying, "This is great!” 1 likes