Start by marking “CRYO: Rise of the Immortals” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
CRYO: Rise of the Immo...

Geoffrey Wakeling

CRYO: Rise of the Immortals

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  7 reviews
John's life is ordinary. Whilst skyscrapers soar towards the heavens, leaving a dying Earth far below, John has little to enthuse him about the modern world. He's the black sheep of the family, the recluse, the one who never did anything worthwhile. That is, until John wins an elusive ticket to the CRYO program. Within seconds, his life explodes in a flash of cameras, noto ...more
Published (first published January 6th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about CRYO, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about CRYO

multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: http://www.multitaskingmommas.com/201...

Rise of the Immortals is a fantastically real dystopian novel! Geoffrey Wakeling has woven together a tale of how things could be if we don't take notice, stand up, and change. Uncontrollable pollution, genetic modifications, overpopulation ... these sound like the usual headlines for today but these could well change the world for the worse if not taken seriously.

Stuff like controlled climates sound good until you stay in them for real
Kathy Wideman
This book is about a guy named John and he lives in the London. This story is set in the future. The world is in trouble. London has flooded, building are 100-150 stories in the sky. Everything is electronic. Every one has to swipe to get in their building, work, every where. You can be tracked by that at all times. They have farms in the sky. There is a lotto going on all over the world to part of the CRYO program. John had bought a ticket and finds out that he has won a chance to be part of th ...more
Brandy
Cryo has an interesting premise, but it spends a lot of time on the unhappy feelings of the main character, inside his head. I think, absent or lighter on this aspect, it could have been a nice read. Some interesting ideas and twists on future scenarios. The book sets the scene for a follow-on.
Laura Wakeling
Having read inside evil and the tower of souls by G Wakeling I knew I had to read this one too and I wasn't disappointed! From start to finish I was hooked and couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen to John and his seemingly average life in the future! G Wakeling paints a vivid and descriptive picture of the future In john's quest for a better life as he joins a programme to be frozen and awoken in the future but what will he wake up too?! Can't wait for the next book in the series!
Laura Wakeling
Victoria Zigler
This is an excellent and well written book. the world building is done so well you can almost imagine it could be a true story of future events, and the characters are believable.
Geoffrey Wakeling
Jan 08, 2013 Geoffrey Wakeling added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Seems a little biased to rate my own book....lol
Ianto
Ianto marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Honeygirl
Honeygirl marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Mickey
Mickey marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Barbara Edwards
Barbara Edwards marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
E.E. Giorgi
E.E. Giorgi marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
John Scott
John Scott marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Susan Etheridge
Susan Etheridge marked it as to-read
Ahnah
Ahnah marked it as to-read
L.E. Fitzpatrick
L.E. Fitzpatrick marked it as to-read
Angel Leonard
Angel Leonard marked it as to-read
Charilene Lucas
Charilene Lucas marked it as to-read
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Deborah Bean
Deborah Bean marked it as to-read
Tanya Gaunt
Tanya Gaunt marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Adrian Rafail
Adrian Rafail is currently reading it
Apr 25, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Books, Blogs, Aut...: CRYO: Rise of the Immortals - A cryogenics adventure 4 38 Mar 12, 2013 02:28AM
5781929
I'm a professional copywriter and blogger by day, interspersing writing with walking in the forest, gardening and wiping cat drool off my lap.

By night, I'm working on my novels, the first of which has been published; Inside Evil.
More about Geoffrey Wakeling...
Inside Evil The Tower of Souls Spirits of the Middlelands CRYO: A Changed World (CRYO, #2) New Alliances