Start by marking “Hunt & Pray” as Want to Read:
Hunt & Pray

Hunt & Pray

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Reporter Drew Edwards got too close to his story and now finds himself a hunted man. After being kidnapped and then released in Colorado Springs Forest, he has six hours’ headstart on a madman trying to teach his son a lesson.

Chance Collins gets one warning from his bigoted, abusive father: “Kill him or be killed.” Horrified, Chance sees only one real option—run with Drew.
Published April 10th 2013 by Dreamspinner Press (first published April 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Hunt & Pray, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunt & Pray

Arthur

Chance, a Marine, had a monster for a father. The ex-military father killed his mother and several gay young men, and was testing him because he suspected that Chance, too, was gay. Drew was a journalist who investigated the missing gay men in past couple years. Ironically, he was about to be the next victim...

When Chance returned from his tour in Iraq, his father forced him to be the hunter in a crazy game he invented. Chance had a choice in his hand: Following his father's order to hu
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.85*
Drew seems to either have a lot of bad luck, or has nine lives, I'm still not quite sure which it is.
So..Drew is kidnapped by Crazy Colonel, Crazy Colonel helper Ezra, Crazy Colonel's military trained sniper son Chance and a driver who is killed by CC( crazy col. for short) after he has done his driving duty.
I don't call CC that for nothing, it seems this man has gotten through life and through a military career despite being batshit crazy, evil and murderous. I'm actually pretty sure that
Simsala
What do you get when a romance writer who usually writes schmoop (her words, not mine...), tries her hands at a thriller? Well, yes...a schmoopy thriller.
I really, really tried to bury disbelief but those darn question marks didn`t budge...
Where was the father`s single redeeming quality that made Chance come back to him again and again? The story implies that the love of a child for a parent somehow is genetically imprinted - a feeling one can`t escape from, but that`s simply not true. So what k
Cindi
4.5 Stars

Normally I hate being the first to review a book on here. I go into the book in fear of not liking it and having to say that in the one and only review listed on Goodreads. I needn't have worried in this case. This is an outstanding book about survival, cruelty and two men who find each other under the most unusual of circumstances.

Highly recommended. My first by this author. It won't be my last.

Full review can be found at On Top Down Under Book Reviews.

This book was provided by Dreams
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 1/2 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

When reporter Drew is snatched off the street one night he finds himself fearing for his life, connecting his abduction to the mysterious disappearance of three other young gay men, a story he had been investigating, he discovers the sick games of a madman. Chance is horrified by his father but he has little choice, do what his father wants or be hunted himself, there’s only one chance for Drew and Chance t
Heather C
Scary and dangerous turned sweet and hopeful.

Hunt and Pray begins with the abduction of Drew Edwards, a reporter who has been investigating the disappearances of several gay men. He has been kidnapped by the homicidal, homophobic Colonel Collins in an attempt at scaring Chance, his son, 'straight'. The objective: Chance will have to hunt and kill Drew. But as the hour of the Hunt draws near, will Chance be willing to risk the wrath of his insane father and save Drew?

At first, I found this to be
GayListBookReviews
I like books that break the mold. I love a storyline that feels unique and daring both in plot and in characters. I don’t think this book’s blurb does this story justice. I was stunned at the beginning of this book. It is violent, full of difficult moments, and kept me intrigued, all with a layer of grief over the excitement of the story that is unexpected.

Drew is a beautiful contrast of fear and confidence. His street smarts help him see more, hear more and survive longer. But he is also a real
LiveYourLife BuyTheBook
3.5 Stars

Drew Edwards finds himself in an unreal situation. He’s been kidnapped off the street and is going to be hunted. Thankfully, Chance Collins finds the situation just as unrealistic. Apparently Chance’s father has been kidnapping men, who all happen to be gay, and hunting them for sport. This doesn’t sit well with Chance who happens to be gay himself. That Chance’s father also expects Chance to be the one to hunt and kill Drew is almost too much for Chance to handle. After a few days of l
Sunne Manello
Quick and nice, entertaining. I actually really liked the idea of the story, the reason I gave it not more than three stars is that I wasn't drawn into it, it felt a bit superficial. The idea of it was something I wanted to get invested, wanted to be shaken but in reality (ups, I mean in the story) I just felt like a spectator and like it just wasn't enough. But it's still a nice read for inbetween other books.
Amy
4.5 stars. I just have to say this, I really hated the little weasel, Ezra!! And the evil asshat father, ugh!! Sooo glad Drew and Chance got their happy ending!!!
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
The good:
Interesting twist on the hunted man theme.
In an attempt to gain his freedom, Drew talks about his family and how hard it would be on them if he died or disappeared, no matter if the man hated him for being gay. That was brilliant.
Lots of action and danger.
Lots of injury and suspense.
A real plot and the two main characters are clearly two different people, not clones.

Chance falls for Drew not because he's gorgeous, although he is, but because of who he is. He believes that Drew's beauty
UnusualChild{beppy}
synopsis:
drew is kidnapped when he leaves his ex-boyfriend's apartment. when he wakes up, he's in the company of a crazy colonel, one of his soldiers and the colonel's son. apparently the colonel has been ridding the world of gay men one man at a time by kidnapping them and then hunting them down. this time, though, he wants his son to do the hunting. chance is recently back from a tour with the marines, and has been abused by his father most of his life. he has never stood up to his father, but
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Susan
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 4 hearts

Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews
Becky Condit
See Lucky's 5 sweet pea, Recommended Book review on April 17, 2013 at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index....
ElaineY
Cartoonish descriptions of the villain right near the start was just too much for me. Ugh.
Lasha
Why does this remind me of ATWT Luke/Noah storyline? :) I miss that soap.
Sunnysundy
Sunnysundy marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Sula
Sula marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Amy Boyer
Amy Boyer marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
SheReadsALot
SheReadsALot marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Serith
Serith added it
Feb 04, 2015
Didi
Didi marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Chiara
Chiara marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Cindy Sutherland is a first-time author in her early forties who never thought that getting involved in a fandom would lead to being published. She is an avid reader who would take in anything she could get her hands on, having inherited a love of books from both her parents.

She wrote in secret as a young adult, with only her family for an audience, and now is over the moon at the thought of shar
More about Cindy Sutherland...
Wrapped Up in Chains All the Things I Didn't See Cowboy Way Luck of the Irish Breaking Cupid's Curse