Start by marking “Tangled (Book of Souls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tangled (Book of Souls, #1)

Tangled (Book of Souls #1)

Rachel is devastated when her summer boyfriend dumps her on their first day back to school. Her heart feels like it is ripped from her chest each time she sees him with a different girl. She will do anything to get rid of the heart wrenching pain. A substitute teacher offers her an easy option, just sign your name in a book. Willing to try anything, Rachel does.

Surprisingl
Published June 28th 2012 by Bridget Maris

To ask other readers questions about Tangled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tangled

J.H. Zaynor
May 16, 2013 J.H. Zaynor rated it it was ok

When you’re creating a work of art, how do you know when it’s finished? How do you know that your painting looks just how you want it to look, or that your band’s new single sounds just the way you want it to sound? I recently heard an interview with a poet that mentioned that he once took something like ten years to complete one particular poem. Ten years? I yelled back at the radio. For a short poem? How is that possible? Just finish the darn thing!
Then I thought of an old TV commercial, I do
Bruce
Jul 23, 2014 Bruce rated it really liked it
If you like young adult paranormal novels with a clean story, then this one is for you. Tangled (Book of Souls #1) is a romantic tale with supernatural elements intertwined. I read the Twilight series, and while some elements of Tangled reminded me of it, the story takes a completely different turn. What would happen if you were going to lose your soul, and it could happen at any time? Would it affect your future choices, and how?

What if you became the hunted, the stalked, the one on the run wh
Patricia Reding
Apr 12, 2013 Patricia Reding rated it liked it
Shelves: review-group
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest, nonreciprocal review. *Spoilers*

Overall, Tangled was well written, made smart use of the character’s thoughts and dialogue to give what seemed to be accurate insight into the ways of teens, and offered some bits of wisdom for young readers. The occasional grammatical or editing error could be easily corrected and took nothing from the story, nor did such color my review. The story moved along and kept me engaged, though admittedly, n
GEORGIE
Feb 09, 2014 GEORGIE rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-review
Find more reviews on What She Reads

WHAT I THOUGHT:
Well I have definitely been where Rachel was at the beginning of the story, I've been dumped and thought my life was over and would've given anything to feel no pain. So this book is great for someone young and at that stage of feeling hopeless or in fact like me who has reminisced about being that young.

So what would you do if someone was there to offer you a way out? Taking away your heartache but still able to live. This book shows you exactl
Cat
Jun 07, 2013 Cat rated it liked it
This shouldn't really matter - but I wish the cover was a bit more exciting. Luckily, the book is much more interesting!

Things start out simply enough - 15 year old girl falls in love for the first time. Her boyfriend? The hottest guy in school. Yeah, that's a recipe for disaster, and lo and behold! It is. Rachel, the protagonist, is promptly dumped the first day of school and is heartbroken. I think Rachel brings up a very good point about teenagers and love; it is real and it is very painful (
Anna
Jun 21, 2013 Anna rated it really liked it
*Received book for honest review*

SUMMARY

Surprisingly, it works. Rachel goes completely numb to everything. And then her life upends. Her
Erin
Jun 11, 2013 Erin rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book.

As I read it, I was interested, and could not put the book down until I finished it.

I really wanted to figure out what these guys were, but kind of saw it coming. (Whole soul stealing thing)

The book was a little slow at the start, but kept me in the book. I liked the 3 strikes and your out mindset. I am glad that Timothy and Rachel worked together, and that they ended up "winning" this round. I think that I would have liked it to be a little longer, and a better battle howeve
Lori Stevic-Rust
May 12, 2013 Lori Stevic-Rust rated it liked it

Tangled is a very pleasant read. The book takes us through the sadness experienced by a young girl after she is dumped by her boyfriend and the sacrifice she is willing to make to avoid feeling the pain. The characters are well-written and the dialog is believable. However, I waited for the main character to develop some self-awareness and insight into her own behavior but it never came. That said, congratulation
Alannah Clarke
Jun 12, 2013 Alannah Clarke rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
*Free book in exchange for honest review*

I have to say that I thought this book was well written as it kept me interested throughout. I thought the book was a sweet romance story with twists of the supernatural thrown in and I have to say that it worked.

Before I really got into the book, I didn't think that I would be bothered with the protagonist but she turned out to be a really likable character. Overall I really enjoyed the book and couldn't put it down.
Frostyreads
Frostyreads rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2013
Stacey
Stacey rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2014
Katie Haylett
Katie Haylett rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
May 11, 2013
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Cyndi Goodgame
Cyndi Goodgame marked it as to-read
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Shreya
Shreya marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2013
Mona
Mona marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2013
Stacy Larsen
Stacy Larsen marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2013
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2013
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Nyaisia Joseph
Nyaisia Joseph marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Brianna
Brianna marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Tara Blake
Tara Blake marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
Young Adult Reads: * Tangled by Bridget Maris - r2r (119) signups 20 57 Jun 29, 2013 12:57PM