Start by marking “The Nature of God: 50 Christian Devotions about God's Love and Acceptance” as Want to Read:
The Nature of God: 50 Christian Devotions about God's Love and Acceptance

The Nature of God: 50 Christian Devotions about God's Love and Acceptance (God's Love #1)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A book that will bring your heart closer to God.

The Nature of God contains 50 Christian devotions, focusing on God’s true love and acceptance of us. The devotions portray God’s kindness, sweetness, grace, mercy and forgiveness.

These devotions break down the notion that God judges us, and has strict requirements for how we should think, feel and behave. Mona’s stance is t
ebook
Published March 3rd 2013 (first published February 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Nature of God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nature of God

Patricia
Please visit my blog for my review of this Devotional Book:

As usual, comments are welcome!
Enjoy!
Patricia
Jan
This daily devotional guide is all about God's love. Some of the topics include a letter to God, a reminder that we are not alone,faith and that God is on our side. This is the perfect length to allow you to spend a few moments with God.
Cheryl
A handy book that can be opened anywhere and God will be with you! The author has a very deep faith to share with her reader and her relationship with God. The best line for me - "we just need to be".
Michelle
Very inspiring into God's promises to us! A great read!!!!
Dana Rongione
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other ...more
Terry
I have to be honest with this review. I am struggling with the number of stars to assign. I first wanted to give 2 stars, but to be fair, I settled on 3 because of the quality of writing and the merits of what is contained in this book, but honestly, 3 is a stretch for me. I had some issues with this book, which I'll attempt to explain, and give more details on why I didn't give a higher rating below.

One thing which concerned me, was that there is very little scripture contained in this book. Mo
jea chan
First I want to say thank you to the Author for the copy and Goodreads for making it happen. I was surprised that I won this copy because my yahoo account is not working anymore so I didn't know anything about it, but then, a mail man came today and gave me this. I don't know if this is God's way of saying, 'Everything will be alright, I'm always here for you, I love you', but Thank God for the book. My favorite part of this book is 'God is my strength', it hit close to home for me. This is the ...more
Raenel Salandy
Good book with some reservations

This book has some good points. There are points that I personally don't agree with, but overall it's a good read.
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Tiffany Thomas ellman
Tiffany Thomas ellman marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Lane Widick
Lane Widick marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Julie Webb
Julie Webb marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Kath
Kath marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Maworthy05
Maworthy05 marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Linda Todd
Linda Todd marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
julie davis
julie davis marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Paulette
Paulette marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
David Edwards
David Edwards marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
BlackRoze Tamibates
BlackRoze Tamibates marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Jamie H
Jamie H marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Tedra Sharon
Tedra Sharon marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Amy Fuller
Amy Fuller marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
  • Life on Planet Mom: A Down-To-Earth Guide to Your Changing Relationships
  • Keeping a Princess Heart: In a Not-So-Fairy-Tale World
  • Beloved Disciple: The Life & Ministry of John, Leader Guide
  • The Courtship
  • Hold Up the Sky
  • The Artist's Daughter: A Memoir
  • The Deer in the Wood
  • Wild Heather: (English Ivy, #2)
  • God is Able
  • Sweet Sanctuary
  • The Gardens of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #2)
  • Known and Loved: 52 Devotions from the Psalms
  • To Love and Cherish (Bridal Veil Island, # 2)
  • Torn: Trusting God When Life Leaves You in Pieces
  • Just Honor God: The 27-Day Challenge
  • A Heart for Home (Home to Blessing, #3)
  • How Do I Love Thee? (Ladies of History #4)
  • He Did This Just For You
Mona Hanna is an author of fantasy/romance books and Christian non-fiction. She is the author of the Prentor and High Witch fantasy series. Her fantasy books do not contain Christian themes—she leaves that for the devotional writing. Mona enjoys reading, movies, chocolate, and adores cats. She hopes to release many more books in the years to come.

Facebook Fantasy writing
More about Mona Hanna...

God's Love (3 books)
  • God's Promises of Love: 30 Christian Devotions about God's Love and Acceptance
  • Devotional Collection: 80 Christian Devotions about God's Love and Acceptance
High Witch (High Witch, #1) Lucy's Wish (Bluebell, #1) Myriad (Prentor, #1) Witch Emerging (High Witch, #2) Tanner (Prentor, #2)

The Nature of God

One of my biggest struggles with Christianity is feeling that God is upset with me.

When I first became a Christian, I didn’t understand God at all, so naturally my faith was very limited. All I knew was that I wanted to be in a relationship with him. I did my best to not give up, and I took very small steps to grow closer to him. Eventually, over many months, he showed me he loved me, and taught me to love myself.

In my current relationship with God, when something goes wrong, I can become confused and upset. I can feel he led me somewhere only for me to get hurt, or I can be confused by the messages I feel he’s giving me. But the intense pain I feel during this time is partly because I feel by doubting God, I’m causing a huge rift that even he can’t repair. I feel if I don’t understand God perfectly, he loves me less, and is no longer protecting me.

But this isn’t true. God loves each of us more than we could possibly know, and a loving father would never be angry with us for having doubts. In those initial months of being a Christian, when we didn’t understand him at all, was God mad at us? Did he expect us to completely understand him, and become angry with us for being hurt and troubled? Of course not.

Just because our relationship with God has become more mature, it doesn’t mean we aren’t going to doubt, and God understands this. He still loves and protects us, and will be right by our side while we work through our conflict with him. He hears our every prayer. We feel ashamed for doubting him and for being ungrateful, but God knows our nature. He’ll never look away from us, and is always at work in our lives, even when we can’t see it. God loves us. There’s nothing a human could do to change the nature of God.”
0 likes
“Protecting Me It’s God. It’s God who’s protecting me. He knows what he’s doing! It’s God himself. He doesn’t do things badly. He doesn’t “drop the ball.” He doesn’t do things less because I’m a “bad Christian” or I don’t believe. He is in control. If I were out on the street, he’d be with me. He’d protect me. It’s God. He doesn’t love me less or care for me less because I make mistakes. He has a plan and I’m part of it, and he doesn’t look away or become less active. He loves me just as much as he loves anyone else. He loves me. So trust him. I love him. He’s perfect.” 0 likes