Start by marking “SAT Prep Black Book: The Most Effective SAT Strategies Ever Published” as Want to Read:
SAT Prep Black Book: The Most Effective SAT Strategies Ever Published

SAT Prep Black Book: The Most Effective SAT Strategies Ever Published

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The SAT Prep Black Book teaches the unique SAT strategies of Mike Barrett, a world-renowned SAT tutor who has partnered with some of the most prestigious schools and guidance consultants.

Barrett's approach avoids the rote memorization of advanced concepts that is common to most types of SAT preparation. The Black Book doesn't include any vocabulary lists, and doesn't advis
Published March 14th 2013 by SAT Tutoring

To ask other readers questions about SAT Prep Black Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SAT Prep Black Book

Kimberlee
I received this book from Goodreads first reads giveaway, and I am so pleased that I did. With my son starting high school this year, this book will be insurmountable in helping him prepare for his SATs. I read through it last night and am so impressed! My son was even excited about this book. Thank you Mike Barrett for writing such a helpful book!
Steve Mcenroe
Upon seeing the glowing reviews for this book I decided to buy it, as I teach SAT/ACT to students. What a disappointment! I started reading the book and it seems more like an infomercial than an actual SAT book. The "Black book" makes it seems like it's exclusive material not found elsewhere, kind of like someone getting a Black Card from American Express.

But upon reading the book, it's not exclusive material. I have seen other gimmick companies and people try to advertise "teaching the test" w
Shruti
I rate it 4 stars not because I loved it, but because it was pretty helpful prep for my SATs.
Kelli
Apr 09, 2013 Kelli marked it as to-read
This book, along with a surprise extra book (the College Board Blue Book), arrived today (4/9/13). I've glanced through it and am encouraged by what I've seen so far. My son and I will go through these books over the next few weeks, after which I will post a full review of how well I think this book helped my son prepare for the SAT.
Mona Major
Mar 30, 2013 Mona Major marked it as to-read
I was really excited that I won this book.

I was bummed however, when the postman brought it, there was nearly $20.00 due in postage on it. I didn't accept the package so out of fairness, I won't rate a book based on anything other than the content, which I have not read.
J
I won this in a Goodreads Giveaway.

I was disappointed at the $12 I was required to pay for this book upon arrival, however the information within these pages will surely help students I will be tutoring.
Hanna
Won this as a first read and was thrilled to see that they sent it will the College Blue Book! This will be very beneficial to help with taking the SAT!
Rehan
best book for new student for preparation
Rishab
Best SAT prep book ever by far
Mnu Sf
Mnu Sf added it
Jun 20, 2015
Juarez
Juarez marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Dương
Dương marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Shosho Mohammed
Shosho Mohammed marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Ezzaki
Ezzaki added it
Jun 04, 2015
Vangelija
Vangelija marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Ranjeet Kumar
Ranjeet Kumar marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Nhi Nguyen
Nhi Nguyen marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Piyus
Piyus marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
IJeremyytse
IJeremyytse marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Dani
Dani is currently reading it
Apr 05, 2015
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Devi Jayaraman
Devi Jayaraman marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
  • The Real ACT Prep Guide [with CD]
  • Carolina Reckoning
  • Long Gone Daddies
  • Prophecy of the Undead
  • Stiletto Network: Inside the Women's Power Circles That Are Changing the Face of Business
  • Wedlocked: A Memoir