Start by marking “SAT Prep Black Book: The Most Effective SAT Strategies Ever Published” as Want to Read:
SAT Prep Black Book: The Most Effective SAT Strategies Ever Published
Preview

SAT Prep Black Book: The Most Effective SAT Strategies Ever Published

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The SAT Prep Black Book teaches the unique SAT strategies of Mike Barrett, a world-renowned SAT tutor who has partnered with some of the most prestigious schools and guidance consultants.

Barrett's approach avoids the rote memorization of advanced concepts that is common to most types of SAT preparation. The Black Book doesn't include any vocabulary lists, and doesn't advis
Published March 14th 2013 by SAT Tutoring

To ask other readers questions about SAT Prep Black Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SAT Prep Black Book

Kimberlee
I received this book from Goodreads first reads giveaway, and I am so pleased that I did. With my son starting high school this year, this book will be insurmountable in helping him prepare for his SATs. I read through it last night and am so impressed! My son was even excited about this book. Thank you Mike Barrett for writing such a helpful book!
Steve Mcenroe
Upon seeing the glowing reviews for this book I decided to buy it, as I teach SAT/ACT to students. What a disappointment! I started reading the book and it seems more like an infomercial than an actual SAT book. The "Black book" makes it seems like it's exclusive material not found elsewhere, kind of like someone getting a Black Card from American Express.

But upon reading the book, it's not exclusive material. I have seen other gimmick companies and people try to advertise "teaching the test" w
Shruti
I rate it 4 stars not because I loved it, but because it was pretty helpful prep for my SATs.
Kelli
Apr 09, 2013 Kelli marked it as to-read
This book, along with a surprise extra book (the College Board Blue Book), arrived today (4/9/13). I've glanced through it and am encouraged by what I've seen so far. My son and I will go through these books over the next few weeks, after which I will post a full review of how well I think this book helped my son prepare for the SAT.
Mona Major
Mar 30, 2013 Mona Major marked it as to-read
I was really excited that I won this book.

I was bummed however, when the postman brought it, there was nearly $20.00 due in postage on it. I didn't accept the package so out of fairness, I won't rate a book based on anything other than the content, which I have not read.
J
I won this in a Goodreads Giveaway.

I was disappointed at the $12 I was required to pay for this book upon arrival, however the information within these pages will surely help students I will be tutoring.
Hanna
Won this as a first read and was thrilled to see that they sent it will the College Blue Book! This will be very beneficial to help with taking the SAT!
Rehan
best book for new student for preparation
Rishab
Best SAT prep book ever by far
IJeremyytse
IJeremyytse marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Dani
Dani is currently reading it
Apr 05, 2015
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Devi Jayaraman
Devi Jayaraman marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Yousef
Yousef added it
Apr 01, 2015
Tanya Jain
Tanya Jain marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Sohail Chopra
Sohail Chopra marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Amit Shah
Amit Shah marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Lorenc
Lorenc added it
Mar 08, 2015
Charles
Charles marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Steven Yean
Steven Yean is currently reading it
Feb 12, 2015
SJ
SJ marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Hasan Arslan
Hasan Arslan marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Ieyis
Ieyis marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Hafsa Tariq
Hafsa Tariq marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
  • At Hell's Gate: A Soldier's Journey
  • Lunch: A Novel of Erotic Obsession
  • From Within
  • One Breath, Then Another: A Memoir
  • Plunder of the Ancients: A True Story of Betrayal, Redemption, and an Undercover Quest to Recover Sacred Native American Artifacts
  • Diet Starts Tomorrow
  • Let's Bring Back: The Lost Language Edition: A Collection of Forgotten-Yet-Delightful Words, Phrases, Praises, Insults, Idioms, and Literary Flourishes from Eras Past
  • The Charm Carver
  • Issues in Your tissues: Heal Body and Emotion from the Inside Out
  • The Boxer Rebellion and the Great Game in China
  • New Lands (The Chronicles of Egg, #2)
  • Special Place
  • Or So It Seems ... the Stupid Minivan and More Tales of Midlife Madness
  • The Working Mom Manifesto
  • Merlin's Tomb (Arthur the Alchemist, #1)
  • Multicultural Manners: Essential Rules of Etiquette for the 21st Century