Start by marking “SAT Prep Black Book: The Most Effective SAT Strategies Ever Published” as Want to Read:
SAT Prep Black Book: The Most Effective SAT Strategies Ever Published

SAT Prep Black Book: The Most Effective SAT Strategies Ever Published

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  54 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The SAT Prep Black Book teaches the unique SAT strategies of Mike Barrett, a world-renowned SAT tutor who has partnered with some of the most prestigious schools and guidance consultants.

Barrett's approach avoids the rote memorization of advanced concepts that is common to most types of SAT preparation. The Black Book doesn't include any vocabulary lists, and doesn't advis
Published March 14th 2013 by SAT Tutoring

To ask other readers questions about SAT Prep Black Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SAT Prep Black Book

Ghost Ryter
Oct 04, 2015 Ghost Ryter rated it really liked it
An extremely helpful resource! Anyone studying for the SAT should definitely give this book a look.
Kimberlee
Apr 06, 2013 Kimberlee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book from Goodreads first reads giveaway, and I am so pleased that I did. With my son starting high school this year, this book will be insurmountable in helping him prepare for his SATs. I read through it last night and am so impressed! My son was even excited about this book. Thank you Mike Barrett for writing such a helpful book!
Steve Mcenroe
Sep 14, 2013 Steve Mcenroe rated it did not like it
Upon seeing the glowing reviews for this book I decided to buy it, as I teach SAT/ACT to students. What a disappointment! I started reading the book and it seems more like an infomercial than an actual SAT book. The "Black book" makes it seems like it's exclusive material not found elsewhere, kind of like someone getting a Black Card from American Express.

But upon reading the book, it's not exclusive material. I have seen other gimmick companies and people try to advertise "teaching the test" w
TheObsessiveCupcake
Oct 04, 2015 TheObsessiveCupcake rated it it was amazing
Shelves: school-books, s, 2015
Mike Barrett is my new best friend! This book helped me so much in studying for the SAT. Now I just have to wait for my scores! So now go and read.
Shruti
Jan 01, 2015 Shruti rated it really liked it
I rate it 4 stars not because I loved it, but because it was pretty helpful prep for my SATs.
Kelli
Apr 09, 2013 Kelli marked it as to-read
This book, along with a surprise extra book (the College Board Blue Book), arrived today (4/9/13). I've glanced through it and am encouraged by what I've seen so far. My son and I will go through these books over the next few weeks, after which I will post a full review of how well I think this book helped my son prepare for the SAT.
Mona Major
Mar 30, 2013 Mona Major marked it as to-read
I was really excited that I won this book.

I was bummed however, when the postman brought it, there was nearly $20.00 due in postage on it. I didn't accept the package so out of fairness, I won't rate a book based on anything other than the content, which I have not read.
J
May 14, 2013 J rated it really liked it
I won this in a Goodreads Giveaway.

I was disappointed at the $12 I was required to pay for this book upon arrival, however the information within these pages will surely help students I will be tutoring.
Hanna
Oct 09, 2013 Hanna rated it it was amazing
Won this as a first read and was thrilled to see that they sent it will the College Blue Book! This will be very beneficial to help with taking the SAT!
Rehan
Nov 15, 2013 Rehan rated it really liked it
Shelves:
best book for new student for preparation
Rishab
Aug 24, 2013 Rishab rated it it was amazing
Best SAT prep book ever by far
Swapnil Agrawal
Swapnil Agrawal marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Captain Richard Murphy
Captain Richard Murphy marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Sebastian Castañeda
Sebastian Castañeda rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2016
Aboagye
Aboagye marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Anubhav Singhal
Anubhav Singhal is currently reading it
Apr 30, 2016
Lokendra Sunar
Lokendra Sunar is currently reading it
Apr 28, 2016
Trish Faber
Trish Faber rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Victornavarrodiaz
Victornavarrodiaz marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Bidyanath Jha
Bidyanath Jha marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Azamat
Azamat added it
Mar 16, 2016
Jas Yasmin
Jas Yasmin marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Daniella
Daniella marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Nikesh Prajapati
Nikesh Prajapati marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Sohail
Sohail marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Mehr Shahabuddin
Mehr Shahabuddin marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Nishi
Nishi marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Ciju Nair
Ciju Nair marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
  • At Hell's Gate: A Soldier's Journey
  • Direct Hits Core Vocabulary of the SAT
  • One Breath, Then Another: A Memoir
  • The Working Mom Manifesto
  • Your Survival: The Complete Resource for Disaster Planning and Recovery
  • The Charm Carver
  • Johnny Graphic and the Attack of the Zombies (Johnny Graphic Adventures, #2)
  • The Skeptical Believer: Telling Stories to Your Inner Atheist
  • The Boxer Rebellion and the Great Game in China
  • From Within
  • Special Place
  • Diet Starts Tomorrow
  • Plunder of the Ancients: A True Story of Betrayal, Redemption, and an Undercover Quest to Recover Sacred Native American Artifacts
  • The Real ACT Prep Guide [with CD]