Start by marking “The Miska Papers” as Want to Read:
The Miska Papers

The Miska Papers

Blood sisters, bound by fate and a prophecy that is thousands of years old.

Dagny is a modern girl, cursed by an incurable blood disorder. Stuck on a boring forced 'work holiday' with her geneticist mother, she discovers an old diary of a gypsy girl just outside the castle of Vlad the Impaler. Between the dusty pages, Dagny discovers her true sister; Miska, the first Blood
Published March 2013 by Westminster Services

To ask other readers questions about The Miska Papers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Miska Papers

Cindy
Mar 28, 2013 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013
For someone who has never been into "vampire" books, I absolutely loved this. I never got bored with the story and really liked the lesson that - family doesn't necessarily have to be a "blood" relative. The only downside - now I have to wait for the next book as the story continues. The bond between these two "sisters" is a bond to be rivaled. Or, are they true blood sisters?
Equine
Nov 30, 2014 Equine rated it it was amazing
I started this book and finished it in the very same day. The Miska Papers is easily one of my favourite books of 2013.

Yes, it's young adult, but the writing is intelligent, and the book well-plotted. Even though this book seemed to focus slightly more on Miska's story, hence the title The Miska Papers, the protagonist (Dagny) clearly develops as a character.

Although it's not really mentioned in the blurb, this book is also part mystery; after all, what's more mysterious than a centuries old cu
Nicki Markus
Apr 28, 2013 Nicki Markus rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-paranormal
I really wish I could have liked The Miska Papers more. The story idea appealed to me and is what made me grab a copy, not to mention the excellent reviews on here, but for me Hogarth failed to deliver in terms of the quality of the writing. There were so many sentences which, due to grammar issues, just didn't make sense (semi-colons where there should be commas, no commas where there should be commas, em dashes instead of hyphens etc.). Dialogue was fine when it was just one sentence at a ...more
Susan
Jun 11, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
This is by far one of the best books I have read in a while. It's a real gem of a story.

The story jumps from Dagny who is a modern day girl, who finds a diary that was written by Miska - a gypsy girl who's father is Vlad the Impaler. Once Dagny starts reading the diary, strange things start to happen. I got totally engrossed with this story. At the end of each chapter I was craving for more.

The story is very well written and descriptive. The characters are well thought out. The plot is intellige
Graypaw99
Mar 14, 2013 Graypaw99 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and I thought it was a great read! I enjoyed series like the mortal instruments and maximum ride and this book reminded me of them. I can't wait o see if a second comes out!
Isabelle
Isabelle marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2013
Chance Maree
Chance Maree marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2013
Maham
Maham marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2013
Cecilia
Cecilia marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2013
Anca
Anca marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
David Brown
David Brown marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Mommasaysread
Mommasaysread marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2013
Luke Petticrew
Luke Petticrew marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Andreja Benedejčič
Andreja Benedejčič marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Goodreads Authors...: New YA Vampire Book - Free on Kobo for limited time 9 29 Mar 16, 2013 08:01PM
I am the 2nd of five children, who grew up in a busy busy house. I've lived in Africa, Australia, Canada & spent extended periods of time in Europe, Indonesia, and the U.S.

I've been writing for years - fiction for adults under a different name, but now with two awesome daughters who want smart, fun stories about strong girls I've decided to delve into young adult fiction - and I love it.

We cu