Start by marking “Party Time” as Want to Read:
Party Time

Party Time

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  8 reviews
An action-packed roller-coaster account of a life spiralling out of control featuring wild women, gangsters and a mountain of drugs

Shaun Attwood arrived in Phoenix, Arizona, a penniless business graduate from a small industrial town in England. Within a decade, he became a stock-market millionaire. But he was leading a double life.

After taking his first Ecstasy pill at a r
Published April 11th 2013 by Mainstream Digital

To ask other readers questions about Party Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Party Time

Kevin Walsh
What can I say apart from he has done it again.

After reading “Lessons from a Drug Lord” I was really looking forward to reading more from the English Shaun series, and I must say, it didn’t disappoint. As I am yet to read “Hard Time” or “Prison Time” I am unsure what happened when he was inside, but one thing I am sure of is that he crafted his writing skills to a fine art. This book flowed and captivated me from the first page to the last. With an effortless writing style that made it hard, if
Joe Stamber
In Hard Time we heard the fascinating tale of Attwood's downfall when it all went wrong and he ended up on remand in what is reputed to be America's toughest prison. Party Time takes us back a few years, touching briefly on Atwood's early years before charting his rise and eventual fall that Hard Time documented so well.

Young Shaun had ambition and an eye for a profit that suggested a successful career lay ahead, but a casual introduction to raves and recreational drugs sowed the seed that ultim
Wayne Purvis
I don't think I've ever flew through a book as fast as this. Fast paced and very hard to put down. It very much reminded me of The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test due to the colourful characters and shear craziness of the drug parties, Shaun being the Ken Casey of the 90s.

I almost only gave it 4 stars because of the way it abruptly ends but didn't think it would be fair with it being a prequel. looking forward to following the story on with Hard Time
Zowie
PARTY TIME is a fantastic book looking into Attwoods success in the stock industry and in the drug trade, this ultimately becomes his downfall as shown in HARD TIME the first in the trilogy. The story is fascinating and I especially like how even thou it can be seen as an autobiography it is written as if it were a fictional narrative piece which makes the book an even more interesting read. I can't wait to read the next book in the trilogy PRISON TIME!
Helen Croydon
Great read which leaves you aghast at the hedonisms of the 90s rave scene in Arizona.
The bad-boy author wins sympathy from the reader as we see him go from aspirational younger banker to the head of an underworld drugs cartel.
The array of characters with their drug dealer code-names does get confusing some times but there's so much going on, you don't so much mind if you can't keep up with who is who.
Daryl Ariawan
Party time is a prequel to hard time and its really good. It gives you an overview about Shaun life that lead him to the jail. Its well written, really enjoyable to read. This book gives me a view about drug scene in US and how drugs can change someone life.
Matt
What a ride. The pills thrills and spills. Only the fact I knew the ending lost a star having read Hard Times. Some remarkable characters.
Mark McGarry
Mark McGarry marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Christine Weber
Christine Weber marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Joseph Clarke
Joseph Clarke marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Heather Connolly
Heather Connolly marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Jon Bennett
Jon Bennett marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Raguraman
Raguraman is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Danny
Danny marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Rejoice
Rejoice marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Harlee
Harlee marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Joanna Korn
Joanna Korn marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
In prison, I read over 1000 books in just under six years, including many literary classics. Books were the lifeblood of my rehabilitation.

As told on National Geographic Channel's Locked-Up/Banged-Up Abroad episode "Raving Arizona," I used a tiny pencil sharpened on a cell door to write the first prison blog, Jon’s Jail Journal. My writing, smuggled out of the jail with the highest rate of death
More about Shaun Attwood...
Hard Time Hard Time: Banged Up Abroad Raving Arizona Prison Time Jon's Jail Journal: In Sheriff Joe Arpaio's Jail T-Bone: Jon's Jail Journal 2