Start by marking “Rolling Dice” as Want to Read:
Preview

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  352 ratings  ·  42 reviews
The second cool, sexy YA romance novel from seventeen-year-old Wattpad sensation and author of The Kissing Booth, Beth Reekles.

They say that the higher you climb, the harder you fall - and Madison Clarke will do anything to keep her new life from crumbling to pieces. Moving from a small town in Maine to Florida, Madison grasps the opportunity to reinvent herself, to forget
ebook
Published August 29th 2013 by RHCP Digital

To ask other readers questions about Rolling Dice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rolling Dice

Undone by Cat ClarkeLegacy by C.J. DaughertyAcid by Emma PassDeadly to Love by Mia HoddellGeek Girl by Holly Smale
UK YA in 2013
143rd out of 165 books — 320 voters
Nothing Left to Lose by Kirsty MoseleyThe Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleyEnjoying the Chase by Kirsty MoseleyDeath Is My BFF by Katarina E. TonksLife's a Witch by Brittany Geragotelis
All about Wattpad
33rd out of 33 books — 46 voters

More lists with this book...

Cora Tea Party Princess
An easy-read 3.5 stars.

This was a fun read which was exactly what I expected. Well, almost. The ending was better than I thought it'd be.

This was a pretty quick read, the kind of thing I'd pick up on a rainy day to cheer myself up.

One thing I can definitely say is that Beth Reekles' writing has improved since her first book, which is great and makes her one to watch.

I didn't really connect with Maddie, the main character, which is weird as I enjoyed this book. Usually when I don't enjoy a book i
Johnny Hazelnut

Is another iffy novel which was spawned on Wattpad, that salted-earth electronic backwater of unspeakable teenage masturbation fantasies involving boybands, albeit indirectly, as the author of this effort is a young Welsh lass named Beth Reeks. This may seem familiar; she did The Kissing Booth previous and which has found its way onto these writeups.

You may wonder why I willingly read another novel by an author whose first effort I described as a "Category 5 cliché tornado." Well, the answer is.
Nian
Oct 18, 2014 Nian rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Apparently Beth Reekles is an author to watch out for. Maybe I'll give her a few more years to develop her writing, because Rolling Dice was exactly how I envisioned a seventeen year old would write, in a breezy, awkward-with-emotions kind of flow, and of course, the typical YA plot.

I'd read a sample of The Kissing Booth and didn't even bother because it was such a silly fanfic type of writing - it was one romantic encounter after another, so idealized and imaginary that it was hard to read bec
Elle
Stories on wattpad are like this: of course, there's always this hot guy to keep teens drooling, an unpopular girl, to add spices, a cliche-flicks-romance, to sum up the whole plot.

Stories that doesn't offer high quality. Just for entertainment. I mean if you're an avid fan of chick flicks, hopeless romantics books, or if you feel hopeless about your lovelife, then you should be reading these kind of books, probably, you may have a wattpad app on your phone.

Might I recommend, "Rolling Dice" for
Kirsty (overflowing library)
Beth Reekles is an author to watch out for. Her first book showed much promise and although I wasn't a huge fan I was keen to see how she developed as an author in her next books. I am pleased to say I enjoyed Rolling Dice far more as I thought it was a much better read and addressed a lot of the issues I had with the Kissing Booth.

I found the voice to be far better in this book than the Kissing booth. It felt truly American rather than a weird American / British mix which was my complaint befo
Misty
It's a quite an easy read, and even though it is cliché, we all knew she would end up with Dwight somehow. I feel sorry for Madison for being treated badly by Bryce and Tiffany, and feels like Dwight, Andy, Carter and Summer are her only friends left. Justin left without a trace, leaving everybody wondering if him and Tiffany really do get together.
One thing I didn't like though, is Carter's half eyebrow. You never know what actually happened to it, which is good for suspense, but I expected the
Hannah King
It maybe because I was struggling with my work load and social life, that I found it difficult to really get into this story. The Kissing Booth and Out of Tune hooked me from the first word. I'm saddened to admit that Rolling Dice did not. There are a number of things about this novel that really let it down.

The first, I think, is the lack of character development. Throughout the novel, I was waiting for Madison to grow some back-bone, maybe some common sense, especially when it came to Tiffany
Jia
This book was recommended from one of my friends. I was a little reluctant to read at first because well, I didn't really had the luxury of time, but after reading the summary of the book (which was really interesting by the way), I decided to give this book a shot.

A story about how a nobody turned popular as she moved to another state. A story where most teenagers can relate. I really really had high hopes of this book, but sadly, I was kind of disappointed.

Madison was too...much sometimes. It
Chelsea-ann Martin
I liked the book as in REALLY liked it. But I honestly felt sad for Madison. Who got that picture of them in the library? And what happens to Justin? I'm guessing Madison and Dwight get together… I dunno. Maybe they shoulda just been best friends and Madison should be with Justin.
But that's only my opinion. It was a great story.
Himanika
I really liked this book unti9l the end
the end part was a bit weird
I mean I wanted to know about how Madison deal with all the rumor stuff instead of running over the hills and a bit of Dwight and her love story
the middle part was a bit elongated otherwise the book was interesting
HNGC Library
Madison is thrilled that her family has moved from Maine to Florida. The move will give her a chance to start over with a new crowd who doesn't know her as an overweight, shy, picked-on teen. Upon arriving in Florida, Madison is noticed by two guys - nerdy Dwight and soccer hottie Bryce. She decides to stick with Bryce as he is her way in with the popular crowd and she doesn't ever want to be an outcast again. But as the novel progresses she realizes that she's compromising more and more of her ...more
Lyndsey O'Halloran
I had mixed feelings about Beth Reekles first book, The Kissing Booth but I was still looking forward to giving her second book a try.

Protagonist Madison has just moved from Maine to Florida and couldn’t be more excited about starting a new life for herself. Back at her old school, she was the outcast – not as slim and pretty as any of the other girls. Now, Madison has reinvented herself, complete with nose piercing and funky hair ready to start again. I honestly loved Madison from the very beg
Chrissi
This is the first book that I’ve read by Beth Reekles. I think she is an author to watch out for the future as she already shows much promise. Rolling Dice is an easy to read book which I devoured on my train journey to and from London.

I really liked the female protagonist Madison. She was very real and easy to relate to. I was intrigued by her transition from a shy bullied teen to a member of the popular crowd. It was also good to see that she worked out that despite not wanting to be like she
Samantha Stewart
*Received from publisher in exchange for an honest review*

After finishing The Kissing Booth I just knew I had to pick up another of Beth Reekles books because they were so light and enjoyable. I really enjoyed Rolling Dice too. Sure, I had my problems with the characters and parts of the storyline, but overall it was an enjoyable read.

Madison's family is moving from Maine to Florida and Madison couldn't be happier. She jumps at the opportunity to re-invent herself and become a new person. Madiso
C
Review: what a fun contemporary romance! I loved the first novel by this young author and was very much looking forward to this new offering. I was not disappointed let me tell you! Just like the Kissing Booth Beth's first novel, I cannot believe that this wasn't written by an American author, the voice of the American teens is so prevalent. I also can't believe that this was written by such a young author-the characters are so well developed, the plot thought out thoroughly and there is a stron ...more
Smithjamest
Originally posted at www.justthisteenager.blogspot.co.uk

"But when people have this opinion of you, it's very hard to change it. They've judged you, and they like to label you, and they like you to stay with that label for ever. You've been allocated a place in their society and that's where they want you to stay."

Again Random House have delivered another Young Adult literary gem. Rolling Dice might not deal with any obvious issues but Reekles expertly tackles and highlights the daily troubles an
Diana [ Deelighted in Books ]
Bordering on 'okay'. It honestly kind of bored me. I enjoyed Kissing Booth much more than this. Hmmm, this one has quite alot of the negative-ish side of being a teenager. (at least, that's how it looks to me) Dwight's character and Summer is the only redeeming feature. Madison is such an inconsistent female lead protagonist. Oh well, I'm done with this.
Holly Thomas
This is a really well written book about a young girl struggling to make a new start in a new place. It captures the conflict between making friends with the 'right' people or the 'wrong' people in such a way that it leaves you really thinking. It was a really enjoyable book to read and i would recommend it for teens.
M&M
I thought I'd give this book a try, given the fact that it was written by Beth Reekles
I tried reading it, but it just didn't feel as good as Out Of Tune or The Kissing Booth, I couldn't even finish it! I feel disappointed.
Bookaholiclover
Rolling Dice

Reading rolling dice was absolutely beautiful, funny, sad and it made you just feel emotions that you knew were there. Beth Reekles is just an amazing writer that could put out a story with amazing characters.
Samaa'
One of my favorite wattpad books. It was recommended by a friend and I enjoy it a lot. There are many stories that tell the story of a girl trying to fit in, but this one was definitely different and amazing!
Hayley Ryan
Ever felt left out at school? Well perhaps being in the popular clique isn't everything, not when you know that the cliques are so very defined. Popular's and nerds don't mix - but the higher you climb - the harder you'll fall; oh and everyone will notice! Her books are addictive, it pained me every time I had to put them down! Life and love is always a gamble. ;)
Lily
This was a really sweet, pick me up-book. A very light read, if that's what you're looking for. It was a very simple, basic story and the ending was quite good. The characters were quite nice and there isn't anything terrible about this book, but not anything brilliant either.
Nicole
The story was okay. Very typical Wattpad YA. A light read with life lessons and all that. Too cliche-y for me, I think.
Lucy (Queen of Contemporary)
I really enjoyed this - it was perfect for summer and I can't wait to read more by Beth in the future.
Jenna Staunton
78% because I didn't find it a thrilling as the other two I read 'The Kissing Booth' and 'Out of Tune'. I think I just expected this book to be amazing but I didn't feel it as much, and maybe it was too similar to the other two as well? I did enjoy this book though, and I got through it fairly fast.

Beth understands the emotions off how teenagers feel down to point!
Shelby Nicole Harding
this was a great book I love this auther
Nikki Pastavazul
few grammar errors but cute YA
Brenda
I love Beth Reekles first book The Kissing Booth. So I was really excited to read get next book Rolling Dice. A new story following a girl who tries really hard to hide her past with her new life. I really liked the story, until the end. For me I felt like she could've added more to it, but it still a great story and a good plot. That's why I gave it four stars. I would still recommend this book to readers.
  • Undeniable
  • The Madness
  • Young, Gifted and Dead (St Jude's Academy, #1)
  • Noble Conflict
  • A Kiss in the Dark
  • Hidden Among Us (Hidden Among Us #1)
  • Dead Jealous (Poppy Sinclair, #1)
  • Soulmates
  • Hate
  • Kite Spirit
  • Game On (The Academy, #1)
  • Echo Boy
  • The Disappeared (The Disappeared #1)
  • Gold Rush
  • The Truth About You and Me
  • Darcy Burdock
  • The Deepest Night (The Sweetest Dark, #2)
  • Drummer Girl
Beth Reekles is a young author from Newport in South Wales. She's an undeniable bookworm and an avid drinker of tea. Beth has been writing on platforms such as Wattpad, to great acclaim, for a year or so: her first novel, The Kissing Booth, which she wrote at the age of fifteen, was the most-viewed, most-commented-on teen fiction title on the site, with over 19 million reads and 40,000 comments. T ...more
More about Beth Reekles...
The Kissing Booth The Beach House Out of Tune Heels Over Head Cwtch Me If You Can

“People are like that sometimes. They don't want to think about the consequences. And why should they? They're having fun. Sometimes they don't even realise somebody's in trouble until it's too late.” 7 likes