Start by marking “Our Husband” as Want to Read:
Our Husband

Stephanie Bond

Our Husband

3.54  ·  Rating Details ·  4,772 Ratings  ·  396 Reviews
OUR HUSBAND is a laugh-out-loud romantic mystery!

"This is one of the best books I've read in months." -Academic Planet

Hell hath no fury like three women scorned... Three women from different walks of life--a doctor, a socialite, and a stripper--find out they have one thing in common: a husband! When the magnanimous hubby winds up dead, the unlikely trio band together to t
ebook
Published (first published November 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Our Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Husband

Dianne
Apr 13, 2012 Dianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read some of Ms Bonds "Body Movers" books and knew I had enjoyed those, but I was a little skeptical about reading this. Yet my gut instinct, and all the reviews (both for and against the book) said I should try it. Now I know I should always listen to my gut!

I see the the writer of the synopsis is comparing this book to "Waiting to Exhale" but I just don't see it one little bit.

This book was funny, mysterious, kept me guessing through the whole thing. The characters are likeable and well
Emily
Feb 07, 2009 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, reviewed
The story is about Beatrix, Natalie, and Ruby who all get a call one evening that their husband has been in an accident and is in the hospital. When they get to the hospital they discover each other and their dead husband. They were all married to one man, Raymond, at one time and now they are being investigated for his murder. The rest of the book is about them trying to clear their name from murder charges. While they figure out how to deal with each other and the connection they now have.

I e
Lisa
Sep 03, 2012 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up as my free book for August through the Amazon Prime Lending deal. I hadn't read a Stephanie Bond book before, but the reviews were good, and hey, free lending, right?

I've gotten to be a little cranky recently -- or maybe it's just that I've read a series of mediocre books. It's been a while before I've fallen into a book and found it to be a lot of fun without nit-picking it mentally. This was a lightweight, enjoyable read that I just flew through.

The characters -- considering t
Jill
Jul 13, 2012 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 to 4 stars. The 3 women are well written, very different from one another, and I felt the author did a good job with the story-telling. I felt like the story was real. There is enough humor in it to make you smile and enough of a tiny budding love interest to put a goofy grin on your face. I have been forever ruined to humorous books after reading the best humor of all time in Darynda Jones' Charley Davidson series. Nothing will do after Darynda. But this book wasn't bad at all and I did ove ...more
Claudia
Jun 11, 2012 Claudia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Janet Evanovich fans, chick lit fans
Three women each receive calls from officials letting them know their husband has been hospitalized after a car accident. The three women all end up in the same patient's room and are stunned to learn that they are married to the same man, Raymond Carmichael, a charming, handsome bigamist, compulsive gambler, debtor and shortly thereafter...dead man. Ultimately murder is determined and the three wives are implicated. This is a humorous novel with a touch of mystery and romance. The plot is a bit ...more
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
When small town doctor Natalie Carmichael gets a visit from the local pawn broker/loan shark concerning gambling debts her husband has run up, she's mad enough to kill her husband. Hours later she gets a phone call from the hospital saying her traveling salesman husband has been involved in an auto accident, she heads off to confront him. Once she gets to the hospital she meets Beatrix and Ruby, her husband's other two wives. Things quickly go downhill for the husband as he passes into the great ...more
Sally Stackhouse
Apr 03, 2017 Sally Stackhouse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three women find out their husband is leading a triple life when they are all contacted after he is involved in a car accident.

Although this is classed as a humorous romantic comedy there is an underlying theme that makes you sit up and really think about how these three, very different, women especially socially, educationally and professionally were in love with the same man.

The author has a nice writing style, the dialogue is good and flows easily and the story is well paced.

A good read.
Laurie - The Baking Bookworm
Synopsis: After Ray Carmichael is in an accident his whole world falls apart when his three wives learn of each other. Yes, unbeknownst to his wives Ray is a bigamist. Beatrix is the bitter, rich and cantankerous first wife. Natalie, the second wife, is a doctor in a small town and fills the 'good girl' role. Finally, Ruby is the third wife who is a very young stripper with the brains and maturity of a can of tuna.

As expected, Ray's three wives hate each other when they first meet at the hospit
Kelly Thurman
Sep 14, 2012 Kelly Thurman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Original review at my blog.

Please note that Our Husband is Stephanie Bond's debut novel; the version I read is a re-release. Check your bookshelves before you buy, in other words.

So, on to Our Husband, a romantic mystery in which three wives learn that they're married to the same husband, who of course didn't tell them what was happening. Stephanie Bond's wicked sense of humor, combined with a well-trained ear for dialogue, bring all three women off the page (err…Kindle screen), making each one'
 Gigi Ann
This book is a story about three women from different walks of life... Nathalie is a doctor, Beatrix is a socialite, and Ruby is a stripper. However, they have one thing in common...a husband! Raymond.

When the husband is in a car accident, all three are called to the hospital, and later Raymond dies of a heart attack. At the hospital they find out they are all married to the same guy, Raymond. After the autopsy, it is decided he was murdered. Eventually, all three women are arrested for the murd
Judy
Jan 25, 2017 Judy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What do you do when you rush to the emergency room to pick up your husband after he has an accident, just to find that there are two other women there claiming to be his wife? 'And then you find out he's been bankrupting you (and the others), and then he dies of a heart attack, apparently brought on by finding all three of his wives in the hospital room. At first you hate the other wives, and all of you try to hide it from the world, but then the police arrive just as he's being buried and annou ...more
Lorrea - WhatChaReadin'?
This was my first Stephanie Bond book. I loved it. Our husband is the story of three women married to the same man Raymond Carmichael. When is is injured in an automobile accident, this truth comes to light. He is married to Beatrix, the rich socialite for 20 years, Natalie the small town doctor for 6 years, and recently married to Ruby, the red-headed stripper. When they all meet each other for the first time in the hospital their lives are turned upside down. What will happen when Raymond ends ...more
Agnes (BeaderBubbe)

When I first started this book I thought it would be just a funny, quirky book. But as I ventured into it more I found the suspense and the surprise ending really threw me off. How one man actually managed to keep three wives and managed to get one pregnant without all the others knowing is in itself a little out there. But as I read through the book I began to find myself sympathizing with all three. It's a cute story with a bit of laughter, a bit of suspense and a dash of anger for the man wh
Rae
Jul 14, 2012 Rae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book would be great fun because Stephanie Bond's Body Movers series is hilarious. I was wrong. It's was amusing, but not funny. It was fun, it was interesting, but it was kind of sad too. It's the story of a 3 women who get a call that their husband has been in an accident and needs to be picked up at the hospital, then all 3 find out they're married to the same man. The first, a rich socialite bitch, the second is a country doctor, the third, a sweet airheaded stripper. I enjoyed ...more
Krista Holtz
Aug 20, 2012 Krista Holtz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really cute story about three completely different women that find themselves thrown together under very difficult circumstances. To wit, they find out they're all married to the same guy, and when he dies under mysterious circumstances, they're all suspects. I really liked that every chapter was in a different "wife"'s voice, and how it all came together in the end. There's even a little bit of romance thrown in. I look forward to reading other books by Ms. Bond.
Sorilian
Angela
May 04, 2013 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read while I was flying back from vacation, it was hilarious. I really couldn't figure out who the killer was because these wives kept you laughing with their antics and trying to prove their innocence. Wife#1, the wealthy socialite who had means and motive. Wife #2, the doctor who had motive,means and opportunity. Wife #3, the young stripper who had means and opportunity and a secret. Who did it to the bigamist or in this case trigamist?
Joy
Jul 27, 2012 Joy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun read. I have been reading too many serious books lately and wanted something a little fluffy. This one filled the bill.

There are some laugh-out-loud moments when three wives discover they are married to the same man. The middle of the book is a good mystery and the book ends with a lighter, more humorous touch.

I came to love all three of Raymond's wives and would love to see them back for a sequel.

PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
This was a funny/mystery! I really enjoyed the whole storyline and the characters. The 3 women: Ruby, Beatrix & Natalie were funny in their reactions to their husbands' infedelities. The story kept me interested all the way through the end. I would have rated it a 4 if the ending would have been more suspenseful & stronger. I was kind of dissapointed with who the killer ended up to be!
Christy Eichhols
Very enjoyable read!
Michaelbatte
Dec 09, 2008 Michaelbatte rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute little book - silly but amusing about three women who are married to the same man who dies which allows them all to get to know one another
Jane
Jul 10, 2010 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was nice and had more depth than I thought it would :)
Trish Bodine
Jul 14, 2012 Trish Bodine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three very different women make the most of when their husband dies, although it was a shock that their husband was the same man.
Eileen
Apr 25, 2012 Eileen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Funny read as three women discover they are married to the same man.
Danelle
It was good for what it was. It kept my interest and I enjoyed the characters. I would recommend it for a day when you just want an easy read...maybe a rainy sunday or something.
Alice Anderson
Jan 03, 2009 Alice Anderson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book. Not too heavy on the romance, but full of warmth, friendship, and mystery.
Gail Nun ya
Jul 15, 2012 Gail Nun ya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just a cute easy to read book. I enjoy those kinds of books very much!
Vicky
Dec 10, 2011 Vicky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great characters, a mystery with a dose of humor and romance and an unexpected twist at the end, and a fun road trip. This book was very entertaining.
Malia
Jun 01, 2012 Malia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Basically multible wifes, murder, who done it. Okay plot.
Wanda
Dec 28, 2016 Wanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny engaging read

Three wives one husband. Stephanie Bond keeps you amused while trying to figure out who killed the lying cheating husband. You think you know who it is then something new happens and you're back to square one. I loved the different personalities of each wife and the changes each goes through while trying to figure out who killed their husband.
  • One O'Clock Jump: A Dorie Lennox Mystery
  • In Deep Shitake (Shitake Mystery, #1)
  • Guilt Trip (A Blanco County Mystery #4)
  • Phone Kitten
  • Sleepless in Savannah
  • Family Honor (A Cop in the Family, #3)
  • Frame-Up
  • Suddenly a Bride
  • Secrets, Lies, & Love
  • The Do-Over
  • Flirting With Death (Assassins Anonymous - Step One)
  • May Day (Murder-by-Month Mystery, #1)
  • The Girl with the Cat Tattoo (Cool Cats, #1)
  • Optical Delusions in Deadwood (Deadwood, #2)
  • Replica
  • The Merry-Go-Round
  • Dead Is the New Black (Fashion Avenue Mysteries, #1)
  • Scam (Stanley Hastings #12)
USA TODAY bestselling author Stephanie Bond was seven years deep into a systems engineering career and pursuing an MBA at night when an instructor remarked that she had a flair for writing and suggested that she submit to academic journals. But Stephanie, a voracious reader, was only interested in writing fiction–more specifically, romantic fiction.

Upon completing her master’s degree and with no f
More about Stephanie Bond...