Start by marking “Your Life with Rheumatoid Arthritis: Tools for Managing Treatment, Side Effects and Pain” as Want to Read:

Your Life with Rheumatoid Arthritis: Tools for Managing Treatment, Side Effects and Pain is the ultimate guide to living well with this chronic, at times debilitating, autoimmune disease. Lene Andersen has 40+ years of living with RA and is working as Community Leader for HealthCentral.com's RA site. She has amassed an almost encyclopedic knowledge of how to manage the ...more
Published February 16th 2013 by Two North Books

To ask other readers questions about Your Life with Rheumatoid Arthritis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Life with Rheumatoid Arthritis

Taryn
Nov 20, 2014 Taryn rated it really liked it
This book is written by a woman who has lived with RA for over 40 years. I never thought I'd see the day where I'd find someone who has had RA longer than I have, so this really piqued my interest.

I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised with this book. Lene is very honest and forward with the information, but also positive and determined. It's very informative, giving an introduction to RA and what it does, the treatments used for it (with details about some of the widely used medications)
Chanouel
May 22, 2013 Chanouel rated it really liked it
If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with rhematoid arthritis, this is must read. It is full of information on the disease itself and how to deal with the pain.
Whether you have mild or high levels of pain or whether your disease is very active or slow progressing, the book is full of tips, tricks and reliable information on living with the disease.

One warning: only take what applies to you. The author describes some extreme situations that can make you run to your doctor in panic if you hav
Renee Matthews
Aug 25, 2016 Renee Matthews rated it it was amazing
A Definite Must Read For Anyone With RA!!

A very comprehensive book written from the viewpoint of someone who has personal knowledge, having had RA for 40 years. Things never told to me in the past 12 years by doctors are covered in this book and filled in some missing pieces for me. This book contains 200+ pages of valuable insight, advice, tips, and links to helpful resources. I HIGHLY recommend this book. It's not a one-time read, but will serve as a wonderful reference for future use as well.
Dori
Jun 05, 2013 Dori rated it it was amazing
This is the book I needed when I was first diagnosed, though it has much information that I found useful now. It answers a lot of the questions you have when you are facing RA and discusses some of the things you can only learn from someone who has experienced the disease. As someone who has chatted with the author, I can tell you that she is sincere in her wish to help others learn how to understand and cope with the RA's daily challenges.
Denise Schreiner
Sep 07, 2014 Denise Schreiner rated it it was amazing
Getting a grip on RA

RA is very confusing. This book helped me a lot not only in it's content, but knowing that the author lives with the disease she writes about. It really helped me to wrap my head around what I'm facing, how to face it, and that I'm not alone.
Stefany J Suto Mendl
Good read

Very informative along with a personal insights given to the readers. highly recommended to anyone living with the effects of this disease

Maid Marion
Maid Marion rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2015
Alexei
Alexei rated it it was ok
Nov 08, 2015
Kim Nolte
Kim Nolte rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2014
Darla R McCollim
Darla R McCollim rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2016
Pamela Gibson
Pamela Gibson rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
Stacee
Stacee rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2013
Alexis
Alexis rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2013
Delia
Delia rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2016
David Govoni
David Govoni rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2013
Monique Hopkins
Monique Hopkins rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Angela Marshall
Angela Marshall rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2015
Angie Sheldon
Angie Sheldon rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2014
Lorrie Moffitt
Lorrie Moffitt rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2015
Kim Banner
Kim Banner rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2014
Patricia L Joubert
Patricia L Joubert rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Cat Colwell
Cat Colwell rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Sruthi
Sruthi rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2013
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Susan G
Susan G rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2015
Dave Penney
Dave Penney rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2014
Web
Web rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2015

“Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness” 0 likes