Start by marking “Afterburn & Aftershock (Jax & Gia, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
Afterburn & Aftershock (Jax & Gia, #1-2)

Afterburn & Aftershock (Jax & Gia #1-2)

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  4,896 Ratings  ·  403 Reviews
Never mix business with pleasure. Never bring politics into the bedroom. In a way I did both when I took Jackson Rutledge as a lover. I can't say I wasn't warned.

Two years later, he was back. Walking into a deal I'd worked hard to close. Under the tutelage of Lei Yeung, one of the sharpest businesswomen in New York, I had picked up a thing or two since Jax walked away. I w
Published March 11th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Afterburn & Aftershock, please sign up.

Aimee Hughes
Mar 11, 2014 Aimee Hughes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: march-2014
I loved the book but it was so short! I'd love a Gideon&Eva style series based on the two of them. Jax&Gia are so perfect.. I think they deserve their own series and if not a series then at least a proper novel. Give me more Ms. Day!!
Kelly
This book is exactly like all the Fifty Shades/Cross Fire/ This Man series that are dominating at the moment. Rich, mysterious stud meets sassy but beneath-him girl, sparks fly, sex ensues... lots of arguments and running away, lots of secrets, lots of misunderstandings...

I liked the characters and I liked the plot but I felt that it was too repetative. The arguements were the same and with the same outcomes and there was nothing else to concern ourselves with, no minor subplots that I cared ab
Burcu Büyükyıldız
Aslında 4'e yakın. Ama 4 verdiğim kitaplara ayıp olur. Böyle bir çelişkideyim.
Çisem
Oct 03, 2016 Çisem rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Çok güzel başlamıştı fakat aynı tempoyu sürdüremedi kitap.
Tam anlamıyla ortalama bir kitaptı, okumayanın bir şey kaybetmeyeceği cinsten.
Jax'in başlarda alpha male yapısı hoş gelse de sonradan insanı bayıyor, ayrıca bir gizem verilmeye çalışılmış ama olmamış falan. Genelde Sylvia'nın erkek karakterlerini hep çok severim ama bu sefer öyle olmadı. Bir de genelde Sylvia'nın kadın karakterlerini sevmem Gia'yı da sevmedim o konuda bir farklılık yok. :D
Ne bileyim nereden tutarsan tut öyle insanı he
Cheryl M-M
Apr 14, 2014 Cheryl M-M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an interesting new collaboration between Cosmopolitan, Harlequin UK and Mills & Boon. The Cosmo Red Hot Reads, romance with super hot saucy scenes to top it all off.
Gianna is a smart determined woman with clear goals for the future, when it comes to her career and life in general. Those plans start to shake and crumble when an old lover turns up for a second round of hot fast loving. He doesn't seem to think he needs her approval to take up where they left off or needs to say sorry f
Boxy Frown
Jax Rutledge is hot, sexy, and complicated. After a brief but intense affair a few years ago, he left Gia Rossi out in the cold. Now older, wiser, and under the wing of a mentor with a similar past, Gia should be prepared for Jax the second time around. However, their passion burns as bright as it did, almost as if there was no time apart. Despite the secrets, lies, and drama, in the end, Gia realizes that she may just have to be the one to save Jax.

What a great read, and such a tease when a wri
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Jun 21, 2015 ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ rated it really liked it
Recommended to ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ by: Blanca
I've read the first book twice because I couldn't wait any longer for the second book to come into my library but it was better this way. I just went from the 1st right into the 2nd and I really enjoyed Jax and Giana's hot and steamy story.
 ★ Monica
Gostei tanto :) Muito fácil de ler e uma história que me prendeu!
AerinLuvs
I didn't realize I had the wrong edition/format so this is the correct title for which I am posting a review.

Overall rating: 4 stars... I may have to re-read some parts in print format, because my attention was not always fully in the audio book because I was TRYING to get tons of stuff done while I was listening to this. I enjoyed this better than Bared to You, but I didn't like it as well as her paranormal vampire books or her Historicals. I think Sylvia Days HR's are better, but different st
Lupita Figueroa BookLoverRomantic
Esto es como una telenovela mala. Mucho drama sin ton ni son. Aunque me entretuvo, estuve a punto de dejarla... Aquí algunas observaciones que incluyen SPOILERS:

-Está narrada en primera persona (Gia, la protagonista)
-Nunca supe cómo es físicamente Gia.
-No entiendo por qué Jax le torció el trabajo a Gia. Por esto y otras situaciones, la historia fue de un lado a otro.
-Por otro lado, que Jax esperara dos años para acercarse a Gia, me resultó demasiado absurdo.
-No obstante, excelente narrativa. L
Lynn
Mar 13, 2014 Lynn rated it it was amazing
Gianna met Jackson in Las Vegas and they spent time together then one day he left without a word. Now two years later, she has a new job with Lei Yeung as her assistant. She has given an opportunity to sign two chefs to a restaurant but jùst as she is ready to do so, Jackson is back and he financing a competitor to sign the chefs too. Life gets complicated and she is still angry that he walked out without a word. Can the fences be mended? Do she want them to be?
Stacey
Mar 03, 2014 Stacey rated it it was amazing
I pre-ordered the afterburn/aftershock duo and was thrilled when it arrived. I loved that these were more story based with toned down erotica compared to Day's other books. It was a quick read with engaging characters, I really enjoyed it.

On another note, I absolutely love how Day connects with her readers, asking for input and comments via social media, most notably on her community page and twitter. She's a great author to follow and support, in my opinion.
Marlyn Castro
Mar 15, 2014 Marlyn Castro rated it it was amazing
Once again Sylvia Day does not disappoint. I love the story of Jax and Gia. I was also hungry everytime went to Rossi's, as part Italian and love pasta this is a great story lol. Yes Jax is an ass 99% of the time but then in a split second he is Prince Charming. I'm starting to think ALL of Sylvia's Fictional boyfriends are suffering from bipolar disorder.
Clarabel
Jun 10, 2014 Clarabel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La relation entre Gianna et Jax est explosive, mais intense. Après, j'ai apprécié que le récit soit si bref, même si cela a eu pour effet d'un trop-plein d'émotions, absolument mal calibré. On décharge la sauce, sans avoir le temps de battre la mesure. C'est épuisant ! J'ai également adoré la famille Rossi, leur complicité et leur cocon. Je n'aurais pas été contre une série avec les frangins...
Alejandra
Mar 10, 2014 Alejandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed these two book from beginning to end. I seriously hope Sylvia Day will write more on Jax and Gia in the future.
HÜLYA
Oct 26, 2016 HÜLYA rated it it was ok
İlk defa bu yazarın bir kitabını sevemedim..Okumasam da olurmuş..
C
Jul 21, 2014 C rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, favorites
I have read many Sylvia Day books and while they have their similarities be it characters, locations or story lines, each one never ceases to amaze me. She is so talented.

FYI - I read the one book version of the two stories.

In Afterburn we meet Gianna Rossi who is the youngest in a large family that is loving, supportive and close to each other. They own and run an Italian Restaurant, one of the best in town. Gianna wants to put her degree in Restaurant Management to good use and learn from one
Manja
Dec 14, 2014 Manja rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kurzbeschreibung:
Man sollte Geschäftliches und Vergnügen immer trennen. Man sollte politische Entscheidungen nie im Schlafzimmer treffen. Und dennoch habe ich beides getan, als ich mich mit Jackson Rutledge einließ. Ich kann also nicht behaupten, ich wäre nicht gewarnt worden.
Zwei Jahre später kam er einfach hereinspaziert und mischte sich in einen Deal ein, für den ich hart gearbeitet hatte. Unter der Anleitung von Lei Yeung, einer der erfolgreichsten Geschäftsfrauen in New York, hatte ich ein
Sukey  the Book Hoarder
The Positive:
Quick, easy writing style. On starting this little paperback, I was immediately impressed by Day's no-nonsense ability to get right into the story. A short story requires an author to get to the plot faster, and Day did it with speed and grace.

The negative:
The Sex. The story relies on sex very heavily and has little else to offer. The 2 sex scenes I read were fairly hot, but it was basic stuff, in the bedroom. This couple is so hot for each other, I would've thought they'd be more
Nas Dean
Apr 06, 2014 Nas Dean rated it it was amazing
AFTERBURN & AFTER SHOCK by Sunday Times Bestselling author Sylvia Day is a Mills & Boon Cosmo Red-Hot release.

Gianna Rossi had an explosive fling with Jackson Rutledge two years back. Then he had walked away without any explanation. Now he was back in her life, trying to sabotage her career and wanting to continue where they’d left off. Could Gia take Jax back without any explanation of what had happened the last time?

Jax gets what he wants. But could he get Gia back this time?

AFTERBURN
Jaki
Oct 13, 2013 Jaki rated it really liked it
I'm in love with Jax right now! :D Even though I thought him as an asshole (at first)

This series is about Gianna/Gia whom Jackson left without a word. Gianna got a job then with a businesswoman. Then eventually Gia saw Jackson again with her boss's ex-boyfriend/business nemesis. Jackson tries to fix things with her but Gia wants more than sex but Jackson wasn't sure if he can give it to Gia. Will Jackson give himself to Gia as a whole?

I loved this series. This series is full of uhmmm. . . HOT S
Kajal
Mar 14, 2014 Kajal rated it really liked it
So, this is definitely a shorter version of the crossfire series without the childhood abuse. We have the mega rich alpha hero that drips sex and doesn't want to commit (but really does) and then we have the curvy girl he cannot get enough of. I like that instead of having drawn out arguments, they "resolved" them quickly. I hate books that are filled with misunderstandings. Mind you, the main misunderstanding, why Jax left Gia two years ago takes a long time to recover and even after it is said ...more
Shirley Verdin
Mar 07, 2015 Shirley Verdin rated it it was amazing
An absolutely amazing story! True love always finds a way. And that's exactly what this story is about. Even two people, like Jax and Gianna, coming from two totally different worlds, can make it work, but only if it's true love. That's exactly what they prove. While it wasn't easy for them, they faught long and hard for it. While at times I loved them, some times I hated them, and then I hated to love them, and loved to hate them! But in the end, everything happened for a reason!
Crystal Gard
Sep 11, 2015 Crystal Gard rated it it was amazing
Rachel C.
I enjoyed this book, though there were a few things about it that made me a little bit irritated (i.e. (view spoiler)). Still, that being said, I really enjoyed the relationship between Jax and Gia despite it being sort of messed up (although, I guess that was the best part, now that I think of it).
Brittany Towns
Aug 04, 2015 Brittany Towns rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read from Sylvia Day

I got addicted to Sylvia Day's writing with her crossfire series. These books also kept me reading I just couldn't put them down! Another one to keep me hoping for more!!
Leah
Mar 19, 2014 Leah rated it it was amazing
This book is hot ! Was too short wish there was more to their story. Other than that Big Sylvia Day fan :)

“Baby, I’ll crawl on my hands and knees if that’s what it takes.”

Renee Booth (Sassy Book Lovers)
Wowsers! Sylvia is perfection! I absolutely devoured this book. It had a great storyline that was easy to follow and so much deliciousness in between! So much!!!!

Must read ladies!!! Jax is divine!

I need a cold shower!
Rhenna Morgan
Feb 11, 2014 Rhenna Morgan rated it it was amazing
First off, I loved the Crossfire series. That said, this book (or books) was like, "Return to Crossfire" for me. Different characters with different histories driving them, but the same sweep-you-off-your-feet dynamic that you get with Gideon. So, yeah. It was a keeper for me.
  • Marked: Warfare and Sin City
  • Wicked Reads
  • Seduced By Fire (Submissive #4)
  • The Billionaire's Wife: The Complete Series (The Billionaire's Wife #1-9)
  • Roar
  • Desire Me Only
  • Make Me: Twelve Tales of Dark Desire
  • When I'm with You (Because You Are Mine, #2)
  • Evening Storm (Irresistible #4)
  • Red Phoenix's Passion is for Lovers Collection (Boxed Set)
  • Darker the Release (Revenge Saga, #2)
  • His to Possess (His to Possess, #1-6)
  • Dating a Cougar II (Never Too Late, #6)
  • Every Part of You: Taunts Me (Every Part of You, #3)
  • Alluring Tales: Awaken the Fantasy
  • Slipperless (Slipperless, #2)
  • Giving In (Surrender Trilogy, #2)
  • FAT GIRL (Perfectly Imperfect)
19823
Sylvia Day (aka S. J. Day and Livia Dare) is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today, and #1 international bestselling author of over 20 award-winning novels sold in more than 40 countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in 28 countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Visit her at www.sylviaday.com, Facebook.com/AuthorSylviaDay and on Twitter @SylDay.
More about Sylvia Day...

Jax & Gia (2 books)
  • Afterburn (Jax & Gia, #1)
  • Aftershock (Jax & Gia, #2)