Start by marking “Aftershock (Afterburn & Aftershock, #2)” as Want to Read:
Aftershock (Afterburn & Aftershock, #2)

Aftershock (Afterburn & Aftershock #2)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  7,419 ratings  ·  489 reviews
America’s premier author of provocative fiction delivers the dramatic finale to a series set within the inner circle of glamour, sex and privilege.

Published March 11th 2014 by Cosmo Red Hot Reads from Harlequin (first published March 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Aftershock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aftershock

Gabriel's Redemption by Sylvain ReynardEntwined with You by Sylvia DayWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireRevealing Us by Lisa Renee JonesThis Man Confessed by Jodi Ellen Malpas
Anticipated Romance & Erotic Books - 2013
74th out of 428 books — 1,576 voters
Maybe Someday by Colleen HooverArcher's Voice by Mia SheridanBreakable by Tammara WebberTwisted by Emma ChaseBefore Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young
2014 Romantic Releases (Jan-May)
149th out of 618 books — 2,451 voters

More lists with this book...

Stephanie Stephen
Does anyone know if the publishing date has been changed to March 11 for sure? I'm pretty much going to be done with Slyvia Day and her books if so. Don't get me wrong, she is an excellent author but the wait between books in her series is just ridiculous and the way release dates are consistently pushed back has turned her into the most irritating author on my list.
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo DayAfterburnandaftershock2TitebySueBee_zpsdafc6641.jpg
 photo ASstoryxBbysb_zpsedfdba0c.gif
★★★★ 1/2! Aftershock, part 2 of 2! Ex-lovers on opposing sides in a high-stakes business battle must overcome their past & deal with their present!

“He carried himself like a man who liked to fuck and knew he did it well. That subtle sexual arrogance.”

Books in duet should be read in order and together:
Part 1: Afterburn
Part 2: Aftershock

In Afterburn (part 1) recent college graduate Gianna Rossi, Gia found herself on opposing sides, in a high stakes business battle, with her ex-lover, ve
Kristin Jones
3.5 Stars
I wish this would have been released when it was originally planned. Just to much details from the story were lost, and with absolutely no recapping I was struggling to remember some of the important details. I did like both Jax and Gia, just felt a little short.

I guess we have yet another book pushed back, this was originally to be released on 11/14/13 now it is being pushed to, get this, March 11, 2014! When this novella series was first being released I remember a big deal being mad
Jennifer Kyle
3.5 RUSHED Stars

”You’re swimming with sharks…”

description

I read the first book last August and I didn’t remember much about the inner workings of the business side of this story or Jackson’s family and sadly the author doesn’t recap at all for her readers.

This story was just as short as the first book and even though Gia and Jackson are really likable characters, as well as the whole Rossi family, the author gives a fast forward version of tackling problems, declaring love and a quick hea.

There were so m
Shurrn
Do I have a few favorite book heroine?

That's a GREAT BIG YES.
I didn't know how to deal with all the emotions he’d been stirring up in me since he had walked back into my life. I kept shifting from wanting to heal whatever was wounding him to wanting to hurt him myself.
I have a total Lady Boner for any book heroine who is strong and secure enough to tell the hot guy she's lusting after to "Fuck Off" when the relationship becomes toxic.

In a perfect world of literary crossovers, Gianna would b
Mary (I ♥ Books)
Nov 10, 2013 Mary (I ♥ Books) marked it as to-read-romance
I'm so annoyed that this is now not available until March 2014. Lesson learned - I wouldn't have started the series if I had to wait so long.
Zizz
ETA: You know what, this book really was a joke. Not even Sylvia's writing talent could save it. I figured that if I'm honest in my review, I might as well be honest with my actual rating. And so I'm downgrading it from 3 to 1 star because I did not like it at all.

REALLY??! It's that easy??! That's it??!

In true Sylvia Day fashion, book 1 was written as a slow burn - slowly unfolding, with the perfect amount of heat, romance, charm, and loads of secrets to-be-revealed.

Unfortunately, this equated
Michelle
I had to dig deep to remember just what this story was about and where it left off, luckily I was able to find my footing and dive right in.

Jax left Gia for two years. No explanations given and when he reappears the first thing he does, well okay the second thing he does (after he takes her to bed) is mess up her business deal. Unable to trust him but unable to deny him; they tumble back into each other's arms.

But this time Gia isn't settling for just random hook-ups; she wants more than that -
Lily

"Because I want you to. Because I need to spend time with you. You make me feel...human. Being with you makes me feel like I’m not a complete piece of shit.”

I'm going to make this review short and sweet just like the book. Aftershock picks right up where we first left the hot sexy Jax and our heroine Gia. Jax has sabotaged Gia's work ,but he still wants her back. While Gia is still really mad at Jax for betraying her, she still can't help stop loving him. So to finally get Gia to forgive him

Dora Sky
When you are reading a book and a sentence like this comes up:
"We tore at each other's clothing, yanking off buttons and ripping through delicate threads..."

photo giphy_zps30809706.gif

You know it's going to be a sexy read. And let me tell you, it was. The chemistry between these two is HOT.

In the second installment we learn more about Jax's past and also about Gia's strong personality and her abilities to fight battles by holding her ground. There was a bit of drama which they handled it pretty well, in my opinion.

Ov
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***
***4 Fight for What You Want Stars***

"I knew what it felt like to lose it. Now I had to learn what it would take to keep it."

The conclusion to Jax and Gia's story was all about them proving to each other that they weren't willing to let go of what they had. Whether they were fighting each other or outside forces, it was a battle they were willing to take on.

"Don't forget that," he said hoarsely. Shaky fingertips brushed my hair away from my forehead. "When things get rough, don't forget I nee
Anita
Nov 12, 2013 Anita marked it as to-read
11 march??? Geizz first crossfire with not scheduled release,now??? Good writing but very inconsistent :( maybe someday i will wait until all book in your series published before i read it, because this waiting just too much T___T
Nathi *Shut it and let me read*
Are you f***k kidding me that this book was pushed to March 11, 2014?!
What's up with Sylvia's books and dates?! ¬¬
Megan
Mar 11, 2014 Megan added it
I waited how long to read this?!?!? It was very predictable. I was expecting more.
Haha
Missing something
I really liked Afterburn, it was sizzling, and it had intrigue. But this seems incomplete and rushed, needing a little more detail about the sizzling couple. We know that Sylvia Day has it in her to give us great chemistry, and the H/h had plenty, but the story isn't over. This is a miracle cure ending that robbed us if a proper story. This had novel-length potential, being written as novella with so much detail that begged to be expanded is a rip-off.
*MariaA*
Attention Publishing people & author!!

We want so much moreeeee of Jax & Gia!!!
There was much potential here,even if it was rushed for quick publishing,there should still have been more of them, like wedding and having kids stuff etc.

There should be another epilogue published online, showing them as in couple of years later!!
Couldn't get enough of Jax!
Sarahann Lowe
That's it???

That's it???

Loved the book! But that's how it ends....seriously!!!!! I feel like there should be way more than that!! I don't wanna give any spoilers but if that's how it ends with Jax and Gia I'm a lot worried about Captivated by you!!!
Jaclyn
Nov 13, 2013 Jaclyn marked it as to-read
done with Ms. Day as of now. this is just insane. every book I wait for with her is always pushed back at least 4-6 MONTHS! The second book to all revved up (stripped bare) there is STILL no release date and it was expected 12/31/2012! almost a year later and now this??? D-O-N-E.
Danija
I think I would have liked this a lot more if I had read it sooner. Like, for example, when it was originally supposed to be published in November, and not goddamn March! I'm sick of these publishers pushing back releases.

OK, take a deep breath and concentrate on the story at hand.

Ah, the story... I wish I remembered the first part, because judging by my rating, I liked it a lot. This one - not so much.

First, since I forgot a lot - well, almost everything - from Afterburn, it was rather difficu
Inés Izal
Aftershock es el final de la historia de Jax y Gia, y aunque la trama es muy simple, termina enganchando al lector.
¡Desde aquí pido un libro de Nico y Vincent!
Kikki
Nov 18, 2013 Kikki marked it as to-read
Shelves: complete-series
Expected Release Date: 11 March 2014
Trish
2 pissed off stars
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“Tell me you love me, Jax.”
“Loving each other isn’t our problem.”

A new Sylvia Day novel is like Christmas morning in my eyes, the same kind of anticipation, excitement, pure joy leading up to it, and that is why she is one of those rare authors whose books I devour the moment they are released. I have been waiting with bated breath for the conclusion of Jax and Gia’s passionate story ever since we first met them and fell in love with them in Afterburn, their intoxicating romance taking us on
SAM
HELL! This book was way better than the first. I love all of it, even the ending and thats a lot to say coming from me.
Ilana
Title: Aftershock
Author: Sylvia Day
Publisher/Year: Harlequin 3/11/14
Length: 118 Pages
Series: Afterburn & Aftershock

Overview

When it came to playing games, my lover Jax was a master strategist. He pulled strings behind the closed doors of D.C.’s most powerful political players, and somehow still found time to nearly sideline my career. What he didn’t know was that when I didn’t like the rules, I threw them out and made my own. I wasn’t going to let Jax get away with it. I wasn’t going to let h
Liz
I am a huge fan of the Crossfire series. I devoured them quickly and have reread them many times and am very impatiently waiting for the next book. I loved Afterburn very much. The story just drew me in and had me wanting more. And though I can say I enjoyed Aftershock, it was the book I expected.

I think, and this is entirely my two cents, it would have been better served as one book, rather than the two novellas we got. With this book, it felt like just what we got, a book broken in half.

We p
Stacy
I was very much waiting for this book, I fell in love with Jax in the first book. My problem is I do believe these 2 books could have just been 1 book or better yet the ending could have been a lot of longer and had a whole other book. It just kind of left me wanting more of this story. It was a great story and I loved but I guess I just wanted more.
Jennie
Was disappointed on how short this was. It feels like so much more could have been written.
Phrem (Smut Junkie)
4 HOT-DIRTY-TALKER starsss

"We’re going to fuck, long and hard, wherever we end up. Better we don’t end up in jail and splashed all over the tabloids while doing it, don’t you think?”

Jax Rutledge is HOT. Dear god, the man is charming. The man could fuck real hard. He can be aggressive. He can be sweet. He could charm your pants. He could make you weak. And of course, he could protect you like he's your very own hot soldier.

Never once I stopped myself from fanning myself everytime Jax Rutledge
Disappointed 14 105 Jul 14, 2014 04:53PM
Good Girls Who Re...: Aftershock - Sylvia Day 10 29 Jul 06, 2014 10:25PM
The World of Maya...: March Buddy Read- Aftershock- Sylvia Day 18 27 Mar 19, 2014 09:30AM
  • All He Desires (All or Nothing, #3)
  • Tame Me (Stark International Trilogy, #0.5)
  • His to Possess (His to Possess, #1-6)
  • Priceless (Rothvale Legacy, #1)
  • End of the Innocence (Innocence, #3)
  • Sing (Songs of Submission, #7)
  • A Million Guilty Pleasures (Million Dollar Duet, #2)
  • Exposed (The Billionaire Banker, #2.1)
  • Beautiful Beginning (Beautiful Bastard, #3.5)
  • Surrender (The Invitation, #1)
  • Profile (Social Media, #5)
  • Just One Night, Part 4 (Just One Night, #4)
  • The Wedding Contract (The Ferro Family)
  • Out of the Shallows (Into the Deep, #2)
  • Tangled Extra Scenes (Tangled, #1.1)
  • Obsession (The Plus One Chronicles, #3)
19823
Sylvia Day (aka S. J. Day and Livia Dare) is the #1 New York Times and #1 international bestselling author of over 20 award-winning novels sold in more than 40 countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in 23 countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Her Crossfire series has been optioned for television by Lionsgate. Visit her at www.sylviaday.com, Facebook.com/AuthorSylviaD ...more
More about Sylvia Day...
Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) Afterburn (Afterburn & Aftershock, #1) Captivated by You (Crossfire, #4)

“Gia." Jax caught my upper arm as I moved to pass him. "I've got this. Don't stress."
"Easy for you to say." I told him, my chin lifting. "You don't have anything on the line."
His jaw tightened. "I love you. I've got everything on the line.”
1 likes
“Después de esto no voy a ser capaz de separarme de ti, Gia. Para bien o para mal, eres mía.” 0 likes