Start by marking “Aftershock (Jax & Gia, #2)” as Want to Read:
Aftershock (Jax & Gia, #2)

Aftershock (Jax & Gia #2)

3.87  ·  Rating Details ·  13,980 Ratings  ·  661 Reviews
America’s premier author of provocative fiction delivers the dramatic finale to a series set within the inner circle of glamour, sex and privilege.

When it came to playing games, my lover Jax was a master strategist. He pulled strings behind the closed doors of D.C.’s most powerful political players, and somehow still found time to nearly sideline my career. What he didn’t
Published March 11th 2014 by Cosmo Red Hot Reads from Harlequin (first published March 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Aftershock, please sign up.

Annie ♥Nocturnal Elocutionist♥ from her website....The Jax & Gia series consists of the two novellas Afterburn and Aftershock, which tell the story of Gianna Rossi as she…morefrom her website....The Jax & Gia series consists of the two novellas Afterburn and Aftershock, which tell the story of Gianna Rossi as she navigates the the inner circle of glamour, sex, and privilege in the cutthroat business world.(less)

Stephanie Stephen
Nov 08, 2013 Stephanie Stephen rated it liked it
Does anyone know if the publishing date has been changed to March 11 for sure? I'm pretty much going to be done with Slyvia Day and her books if so. Don't get me wrong, she is an excellent author but the wait between books in her series is just ridiculous and the way release dates are consistently pushed back has turned her into the most irritating author on my list.
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo DayAfterburnandaftershock2TitebySueBee_zpsdafc6641.jpg
 photo ASstoryxBbysb_zpsedfdba0c.gif
★★★★ 1/2! Aftershock, part 2 of 2! Ex-lovers on opposing sides in a high-stakes business battle must overcome their past & deal with their present!

“He carried himself like a man who liked to fuck and knew he did it well. That subtle sexual arrogance.”

Books in duet should be read in order and together:
Part 1: Afterburn
Part 2: Aftershock

In Afterburn (part 1) recent college graduate Gianna Rossi, Gia found herself on opposing sides, in a high stakes business battle, with her ex-lover, v
~Kristin~
Aug 15, 2013 ~Kristin~ rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
I wish this would have been released when it was originally planned. Just to much details from the story were lost, and with absolutely no recapping I was struggling to remember some of the important details. I did like both Jax and Gia, just felt a little short.

I guess we have yet another book pushed back, this was originally to be released on 11/14/13 now it is being pushed to, get this, March 11, 2014! When this novella series was first being released I remember a big deal being mad
Shurrn
Do I have a few favorite book heroine?

That's a GREAT BIG YES.
I didn't know how to deal with all the emotions he’d been stirring up in me since he had walked back into my life. I kept shifting from wanting to heal whatever was wounding him to wanting to hurt him myself.
I have a total Lady Boner for any book heroine who is strong and secure enough to tell the hot guy she's lusting after to "Fuck Off" when the relationship becomes toxic.

In a perfect world of literary crossovers, Gianna would
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 19, 2013 Jennifer Kyle rated it liked it
3.5 RUSHED Stars

”You’re swimming with sharks…”

description

I read the first book last August and I didn’t remember much about the inner workings of the business side of this story or Jackson’s family and sadly the author doesn’t recap at all for her readers.

This story was just as short as the first book and even though Gia and Jackson are really likable characters, as well as the whole Rossi family, the author gives a fast forward version of tackling problems, declaring love and a quick hea.

There were so
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***4 Fight for What You Want Stars***

"I knew what it felt like to lose it. Now I had to learn what it would take to keep it."

The conclusion to Jax and Gia's story was all about them proving to each other that they weren't willing to let go of what they had. Whether they were fighting each other or outside forces, it was a battle they were willing to take on.

"Don't forget that," he said hoarsely. Shaky fingertips brushed my hair away from my forehead. "When things get rough, don't forget I ne
Zizz
Nov 14, 2013 Zizz rated it did not like it
ETA: You know what, this book really was a joke. Not even Sylvia's writing talent could save it. I figured that if I'm honest in my review, I might as well be honest with my actual rating. And so I'm downgrading it from 3 to 1 star because I did not like it at all.

REALLY??! It's that easy??! That's it??!

In true Sylvia Day fashion, book 1 was written as a slow burn - slowly unfolding, with the perfect amount of heat, romance, charm, and loads of secrets to-be-revealed.

Unfortunately, this equated
Mary (I ♥ Books)
Oct 10, 2013 Mary (I ♥ Books) marked it as to-read-romance
I'm so annoyed that this is now not available until March 2014. Lesson learned - I wouldn't have started the series if I had to wait so long.
Michelle
Aug 12, 2013 Michelle rated it liked it
I had to dig deep to remember just what this story was about and where it left off, luckily I was able to find my footing and dive right in.

Jax left Gia for two years. No explanations given and when he reappears the first thing he does, well okay the second thing he does (after he takes her to bed) is mess up her business deal. Unable to trust him but unable to deny him; they tumble back into each other's arms.

But this time Gia isn't settling for just random hook-ups; she wants more than that -
Dora Sky
Nov 14, 2013 Dora Sky rated it it was amazing
When you are reading a book and a sentence like this comes up:
"We tore at each other's clothing, yanking off buttons and ripping through delicate threads..."

photo giphy_zps30809706.gif

You know it's going to be a sexy read. And let me tell you, it was. The chemistry between these two is HOT.

In the second installment we learn more about Jax's past and also about Gia's strong personality and her abilities to fight battles by holding her ground. There was a bit of drama which they handled it pretty well, in my opinion.

Ov
Lily
May 09, 2013 Lily rated it really liked it

"Because I want you to. Because I need to spend time with you. You make me feel...human. Being with you makes me feel like I’m not a complete piece of shit.”

I'm going to make this review short and sweet just like the book. Aftershock picks right up where we first left the hot sexy Jax and our heroine Gia. Jax has sabotaged Gia's work ,but he still wants her back. While Gia is still really mad at Jax for betraying her, she still can't help stop loving him. So to finally get Gia to forgive him

Anita
Nov 12, 2013 Anita marked it as to-read
11 march??? Geizz first crossfire with not scheduled release,now??? Good writing but very inconsistent :( maybe someday i will wait until all book in your series published before i read it, because this waiting just too much T___T
Megan
Sep 29, 2013 Megan added it
I waited how long to read this?!?!? It was very predictable. I was expecting more.
Nathi *Shut it and let me read*
Are you f***k kidding me that this book was pushed to March 11, 2014?!
What's up with Sylvia's books and dates?! ¬¬
Haha
Mar 01, 2014 Haha rated it liked it
Missing something
I really liked Afterburn, it was sizzling, and it had intrigue. But this seems incomplete and rushed, needing a little more detail about the sizzling couple. We know that Sylvia Day has it in her to give us great chemistry, and the H/h had plenty, but the story isn't over. This is a miracle cure ending that robbed us if a proper story. This had novel-length potential, being written as novella with so much detail that begged to be expanded is a rip-off.
Elle the ClosetRomanceReader aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
It's been a while since I read Afterburn so I did have to quickly skim thru that and read the ending to refresh my memory.

I may have blinders on when it comes to Sylvia so bottom line, anything she writes, I fully buy...

Gia frustrated me at times but she's a decent h for the most part, just like Sylvia's other h's. Jax... now Jax, I don't care how closed-off he was at times, <3 him!!! I'll say it before, I'll say it again. Sylvia's H's are like sex on sticks...

Blinders, you say? Umm, maybe...
Libby Wyatt
Apr 26, 2015 Libby Wyatt rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
Another fast paced book, easy read and just what I needed.
Sarahann Tiner
That's it???

That's it???

Loved the book! But that's how it ends....seriously!!!!! I feel like there should be way more than that!! I don't wanna give any spoilers but if that's how it ends with Jax and Gia I'm a lot worried about Captivated by you!!!
*MariaA*
Mar 12, 2014 *MariaA* rated it really liked it
Attention Publishing people & author!!

We want so much moreeeee of Jax & Gia!!!
There was much potential here,even if it was rushed for quick publishing,there should still have been more of them, like wedding and having kids stuff etc.

There should be another epilogue published online, showing them as in couple of years later!!
Couldn't get enough of Jax!
Inés Izal
Mar 22, 2014 Inés Izal rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Aftershock es el final de la historia de Jax y Gia, y aunque la trama es muy simple, termina enganchando al lector.
¡Desde aquí pido un libro de Nico y Vincent!
Jaclyn
Aug 15, 2013 Jaclyn marked it as to-read
done with Ms. Day as of now. this is just insane. every book I wait for with her is always pushed back at least 4-6 MONTHS! The second book to all revved up (stripped bare) there is STILL no release date and it was expected 12/31/2012! almost a year later and now this??? D-O-N-E.
ஐ฿υκєτஐ
Tek kitap olarak çıkması iyi olmuş.Zira çok kısa iki kitap olurdu.Sylvia Day favori yazarlarımdandır.Kadının kitaplarını seviyorum.Şu Gideon'un son kitabı da çıksın artık ya
Marisa Bisaccia [book whisperer]
A quick and easy read. I liked this book and I enjoyed all of the books by Sylvia Day but, I kind of wished there was more to this series. Still a great read though!!
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“Tell me you love me, Jax.”
“Loving each other isn’t our problem.”

A new Sylvia Day novel is like Christmas morning in my eyes, the same kind of anticipation, excitement, pure joy leading up to it, and that is why she is one of those rare authors whose books I devour the moment they are released. I have been waiting with bated breath for the conclusion of Jax and Gia’s passionate story ever since we first met them and fell in love with them in Afterburn, their intoxicating romance taking us on
Dαɴιjα
I think I would have liked this a lot more if I had read it sooner. Like, for example, when it was originally supposed to be published in November, and not goddamn March! I'm sick of these publishers pushing back releases.

OK, take a deep breath and concentrate on the story at hand.

Ah, the story... I wish I remembered the first part, because judging by my rating, I liked it a lot. This one - not so much.

First, since I forgot a lot - well, almost everything - from Afterburn, it was rather difficu
Kikki
Dec 23, 2013 Trish rated it it was ok
2 pissed off stars
sam
Nov 23, 2014 sam rated it it was amazing
HELL! This book was way better than the first. I love all of it, even the ending and thats a lot to say coming from me.
Angel Payne
May 21, 2017 Angel Payne rated it it was amazing
Sylvia Day proves yet again why she is my writing idol. The second half of Jax and Gia's story is even better than the first, especially because it gave me a chance to adore and admire the strong woman in Gia. She's smart and sassy, funny and fierce, and I seriously related to her inner conflicts about being afraid to trust Jax after their complicated history. One of the coolest things about this duet was seeing the character of Deanna Johnson cross over from Eva and Gideon's world (yessss!)--an ...more
Eva Rose
While the beginning was great at the 45% mark the story fell apart because everything was rushed to give us a happily ever after. Day hasn't lost her touch with writing passionate and tumultuous relationships and that's good news but the plot of this book really suffer compare to the first instalment.
Disappointed 14 116 Jul 14, 2014 04:53PM
The World of Maya...: March Buddy Read- Aftershock- Sylvia Day 18 27 Mar 19, 2014 09:30AM
  • Eve of Warfare (Marked, #3.25)
  • All He Desires (All or Nothing, #3)
  • When I'm with You: When We Touch (Because You Are Mine, #2.1)
  • Take Me (Stark Trilogy, #3.5)
  • Rare and Precious Things (The Blackstone Affair, #4)
  • Reciprocity (Breach, #3)
  • Layers (Stark, #1)
  • His to Possess (His to Possess, #1-6)
  • Storm Damages (Storm Damages, #1)
  • End of the Innocence (Innocence, #3)
  • Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street, #3)
  • The Wild Side (The Wild Side, #1)
  • Forever with You (Fixed, #3)
  • Fighting to Stand (Disastrous, #2.5)
  • A Love like This (The Remembrance Trilogy, #3)
  • Daniel Part Two (The Original Sinners, #3.1)
  • The Last Man on Earth (The Graysons, #1)
19823
Sylvia Day (aka S. J. Day and Livia Dare) is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today, and #1 international bestselling author of over 20 award-winning novels sold in more than 40 countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in 28 countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Visit her at www.sylviaday.com, Facebook.com/AuthorSylviaDay and on Twitter @SylDay.
More about Sylvia Day...

Jax & Gia (2 books)
  • Afterburn (Jax & Gia, #1)

“Your promised me a round of angry sex.” He hummed softly, with obvious relish. “I’m waiting for it baby.”
“Not sure you want your dick anywhere near my teeth while I’m feeling this way about you.”
2 likes
“Gia." Jax caught my upper arm as I moved to pass him. "I've got this. Don't stress."
"Easy for you to say." I told him, my chin lifting. "You don't have anything on the line."
His jaw tightened. "I love you. I've got everything on the line.”
2 likes