Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Nicholas Again” as Want to Read:
Nicholas Again
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Nicholas Again (Le Petit Nicolas #2)

by
4.25  ·  Rating Details ·  2,506 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
NICHOLAS AGAIN is the second in the acclaimed Nicholas children’s book series, featuring the adventures of a young French schoolboy who is always getting into trouble. With text by René Goscinny, the beloved author of the Asterix the Gaul series, and with illustrations by the New Yorker cover artist Jean-Jacques Sempé, NICHOLAS AGAIN is available in English for the first t ...more
Hardcover, 120 pages
Published March 14th 2006 by Phaidon Press (first published 1961)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Nicholas Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nicholas Again

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  Rating Details
Ahmad Sharabiani
Les Récrés du Petit Nicolass = The play Time of little Nicolas, Jean-Jacques Sempé
عنوانها: زنگ تفریح نیكولا كوچولو ؛ نیكولا كوچولو و زنگ تفریح ؛
عنوان: زنگ تفریح نیكولا كوچولو ؛ نویسنده: سامپه؛ گوسینی؛ مترجم: حامد هاشمی؛ تهران، سروش، 1376؛ در 124 ص؛
عنوان: زنگ تفریح نیكولا كوچولو ؛ نویسنده: سامپه؛ گوسینی؛ مترجم: امیرحسین مهدی زاده؛ تهران، شهر کتاب - هرمس، 1378؛ در 124 ص؛ شابک: 9646641393؛ چاپ یازدهم 1390؛
Mariana
May 22, 2016 Mariana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: Γαλλιά
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Sheyda Heydari Shovir
سادهدلی نیکولا رو پونزدهه (از ده.) ...more
Razvan Zamfirescu
MisterFweem
Mar 01, 2011 MisterFweem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was introduced to Le Petit Nicholas while I was living in France waaaay back in the early 1990s. These books were -- and are -- a good exercise not only in studying French but also in hearing how it's spoken in real life, not necessarily in the books. J.J. Sempe's stream of consciousness style aptly captures the ebullience and enthusiasm of a young voice and, as many critics have said, make his stories among the premiere to recount stories form a child's point of view, rather than through an a ...more
Elsa
Feb 04, 2009 Elsa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un libro muy bonito :) Mucha inocencia, aunque me recordaba a Los 400 Golpes de Truffaut. No hay tanto desplante sentimental (jaja, whatever it means), pero esa inocencia infantil, es bonito de recordar (Recuerdan cuando el grupo de Antoine salían a hacer educación física y cada uno se escapaba a medida que avanzaban? Eso se me hace travesura inocente, muy bonito todo pues).
L i n h
May 07, 2016 L i n h rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I remember stopping in the middle of reading just to go like:

description

Nicolas and his friends will never stop surprising you with their abrupt fights and ideas. These kids are cute, I agree, but they also carry inside them some pure-little-monsters. I remember laughing my head off during some scenes, especially the football match between Nicolas's friends and the kids from another school. (Eventually their dads had decided to join and alot of blood, sweat, etc had fallen). Epic.

Definitely a must-read.
Esther Hong
Jun 19, 2012 Esther Hong rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, foreign
Hahahahaha this is awesome. I was mostly laughing out loud at Alec, oh u cute little fatty.
Faeze Taheri
May 29, 2014 Faeze Taheri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
تو راه خانه به خودم ميگفتم كه حيف شد كه مدرسه تمام شد و ديگر نه درسي براي حاضر كردن داريم، نه تكليفي، نه تنبيهي، نه زنگ تفريحي، و تازه تا چند ماه ديگر هم نميتوانم دوستانم را ببينم و با آنها بازي كنم و حتمما خيلي تنها خواهم شد. بابا گفت: "خوب نيكولا چرا حرف نميزني؟ديدي بالاخره تعطيلاتت كه اين همه منتظرش بودي از راه رسيد." من زدم زير گريه و بابا گفت كه بالاخره من ديوانهاش ميكنم.

خيلي بد است اگر آدم كتابي را كه هديه گرفته براي كسي، خودش هم بخواند:-؟
من آدم بدي هستم... ميدانم!
مخصوصا وختي اين همه استرس
...more
Kenech4568gmail.Com
Ah...qué recuerdos. Este fue mi primer libro, y vaya que le debo agradecer a Goscinny por iniciarme en este maravilloso mundo que son los libros. La inocencia es lo fundamental de esta hermosa obra, las ilustraciones encajan perfectamente con ese mundo extraño que todos vivimos de niños. Cada personaje es oro de 24 quilates y las situaciones son increíbles. Aunque el ritmo es un tantito lento (lo cual es imperdonable en un libro infantil) es fácil de digerir.

Nota: 9.5/10 :D
Robert
Jul 30, 2016 Robert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read any Petit Nicolas books for decades, but I thought this was one I had read before. It turned out I hadn't, which made it all the more enjoyable. One thing puzzled me: somewhere on line, I read that these gave a picture of life in French schools in the 1950s. I always assumed they were set in Belgium - Clotaire doesn't sound very French.
Magda
Oct 05, 2011 Magda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
My husband & I love the series so much that we decided to name our child after the main character.

What is not to love about Nicholas. He is small, cutely naughty & believes to have the best parents in the world.

Nicholas is always up to something, mostly not good. He has group of friends alike him and they all get in trouble all the time & love playing.

Mikolay’s world is very simple, not too complicated by any kind of worries & full of childhood adventures, even though he isn’t an
...more
Susan
Mar 20, 2016 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had to read this for a low-intermediate French class and actually enjoyed it very much. While written for children, it is entertaining for an adult as well. I recommend it for anyone learning French who wants to practice reading but wants something that doesn't require a dictionary for every other word.
Gabriele
Jun 22, 2013 Gabriele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Il libro che ogni piccolo aspirante teppista dovrebbe avere. Ricordo ancora quanto mi divertii a leggerlo alle elementari, diciamo che è stato uno dei libri della mia infanzia e quelle cose ti rimangono sempre un po' nel cuore.

Breve aneddoto: ricopiai la copertina maniacalmente su un foglio, colorando il più possibile fedelmente tutti i protagonisti, ma arrivato alla fine, per colpa di qualche compagno distratto, il foglio mi si stropicciò leggermente. Ricordo che per l'arrabbiatura - volevo un
...more
Deb
Aug 27, 2010 Deb rated it it was amazing
This is a children's book, #2 in a French series from the 50s-60s. I accidentally saw a recent movie based on the series. The movie had me laughing out loud (Le Petit Nicholas, 2009) so I researched and discovered its "literary" origin. My library's copy of the first book was checked out, so I began with Nicholas Again. It is a sequence of SHORT stories about Nicholas and his school friends and parents. I laughed out loud reading it! There are cartoon drawings that complement the text--it's all ...more
Fiona Verbeek
Omg, I had to read this for school (schoolsubject French)
EpidermaS
Jul 16, 2016 EpidermaS rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nie wiem, czy przypadkiem nie jest to najlepsza część cyklu. Gdybym ja miała ojca policjanta, to też pisałabym się na taki mecz. No bo co w końcu, doprawdy! ;)
Nonethousand Oberrhein
Il dit oui avec le cœur
Écrites sous forme de courts récits autobiographiques, les aventures du Petit Nicolas s'alternent et s’étalent sur plusieurs recueils, mettant en scène un petit et très attachant garçon dans un environnement urbain pendant les années 1960. Les thèmes de l'enfance (la camaraderie, les disputes, les rapports avec la maîtresse d'école… ) mais également le monde complexe des adultes (l'éducation, les disputes familiales… ) sont abordés par Goscinny avec l’humour et la tendress
...more
Kathryn
Oct 31, 2013 Kathryn rated it liked it
Shelves: fab-40, international
Grade: 3-4
Genre: International
Awards:
Use: I would use this book to talk about the culture of France. Since the story is told from a child's point of view, it would be easy for my students to relate to. As we are reading, I would keep an open discussion going for students to compare their lives to the Nicholas'. When the story is complete, I will have students draw a picture of themselves playing with Nicholas and tell a brief story about what they did together. This will help students understand
...more
SsRs
Jun 14, 2014 SsRs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One phrase is sufficient for a review: All ages from seven to seventy can enjoy Jean-Jacques Sempé's
"Petit Nicolas"
Noah Kellstedt
Jan 28, 2014 Noah Kellstedt rated it liked it
In this part of to book Nicholas and his friends are fishing for tad poles at the park and it causes all kinds of trouble. Nicholas's dad buy him a fake nose and when he take it to school it gets him and his friends in trouble. I real liked this book mostly because it reminds me of how mischievous I was in elementary school
and how funny it was to me. Nicholas always does silly things and they all seem like something I would have done.
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a little humor
...more
Josephine
May 26, 2008 Josephine rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: 9thgrade-books
I loved this book. This book is hilarious and I couldnt stop reading it. It is about a little French schoolboy named Nicholas who talks about his adventures of himself and his friends. What I liked about this book is the voice of Nicholas because it shows what kind of boy he is. He always get into trouble but he never mean to go through all of the problems. I also like the drawings that the author drew because it is very funny and it made me imagine the scene well. This was a very good, entertai ...more
Simone
Nov 07, 2015 Simone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are some great stories here, really bitter-sweet, and it is a great way to practise French.
Justyna
Apr 16, 2015 Justyna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
I guess this is the weakest Nicolas book Goscinny wrote. But we do love Nicolas and friends so 2 stars, not one. :)
Kimberly
Nov 14, 2008 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-readers
More mischief and mayhem from le petit Nicholas. These books are marketed to young readers, but I think adults will enjoy them just as much, if not more, as children. Adults will be able to see the humor in the interactions between the adult characters in the books and Nicholas and his gang. Again, like the first book, I really enjoyed the writing style and sentence structure.
Gijs Grob
Avonturen van le petit Nicolas en zijn vriendjes. Met onder andere het verslag van een voetbalwedstrijd, King het kikkervisje en veel plannen die door de blijmoedige en van geen kwaad bewuste Nicolaas en zijn vriendjes door hun desinteresse, gebrek aan concentratie en onderlinge gevechten steeds in de soep lopen. Erg grappig.
Mattias
Feb 04, 2010 Mattias rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some hilarious tales about Nicholas and his friends.
They make a lot of funny stuff. Most of them are innocent but always have a spectacular ending. It is funny to read, one is reminded of oneself both as a child and as a parent.
I am laughing high and loud reading this book.
Rose Dawson
Mikulášovy příběhy jsou podle mě spíše knížky pro kluky,ale myslím,že dívkám se budou také líbit.Protože mě se rozhodně moc líbily. :D Mikuláš i jeho kamarádi byly pořádní dáblíci,a také za to nejednou dostali.Knížku doporučuji.Je zábavná,vtipná nejen pro děti.
Colin Hogan
Feb 06, 2008 Colin Hogan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another of my ventures into French literature. My French tutor in Des Moines introduced me to Petit Nicolas, and I love his episodes. They make me laugh. For their predictability mostly. And I can understand what they say.
Anna
Feb 08, 2016 Anna rated it really liked it
I like Nicholas very much - all the problems of schoolboys are so funny, when you remember your own start at primary school and those new things and new people. World and you - great adventure.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
topics  posts  views  last activity   
Goodreads Librari...: Russian blurbs in French books 4 56 Apr 25, 2013 06:27PM  
  • Mémoires d'un âne
  • Les Contes rouges du chat perché
  • La sorcière de la rue Mouffetard, et autres contes de la rue Broca
  • قصه‌های من و بابام / لبخند ماه
  • Kamo: L'agence Babel
  • Dášeňka, čili život štěněte
  • من و دوست غولم
  • حسنی نگو یه دسته گل
  • Brzechwa dzieciom
  • تيستو سبزانگشتی
  • Niesamowity dwór
  • مهمانهای ناخوانده
  • Children's Letters to God: The New Collection
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame
  • Der 35. Mai oder Konrad reitet in die Südsee
1041311
René Goscinny was a French author, editor and humorist, who is best known for the comic book Astérix, which he created with illustrator Albert Uderzo, and for his work on the comic series Lucky Luke with Morris (considered the series' golden age).

Series:
* Asterix
More about René Goscinny...

Other Books in the Series

Le Petit Nicolas (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Le Petit Nicolas (Le petit Nicolas, #1)
  • Les vacances du petit Nicolas (Le petit Nicolas, #3)
  • Le Petit Nicolas et les copains
  • Le petit Nicolas a des ennuis (Le petit Nicolas, #5)
  • La rentrée du Petit Nicolas
  • Les bêtises du Petit Nicolas
  • Le Petit Nicolas et ses voisins
  • Le Petit Nicolas voyage
  • Les surprises du Petit Nicolas
  • Le Petit Nicolas, c'est Noël!

Share This Book