Start by marking “Nicholas Again” as Want to Read:
Nicholas Again

Nicholas Again (Le Petit Nicolas #2)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  1,893 ratings  ·  45 reviews
NICHOLAS AGAIN is the second in the acclaimed Nicholas children’s book series, featuring the adventures of a young French schoolboy who is always getting into trouble. With text by René Goscinny, the beloved author of the Asterix the Gaul series, and with illustrations by the New Yorker cover artist Jean-Jacques Sempé, NICHOLAS AGAIN is available in English for the first t ...more
Published March 14th 2006 by Phaidon Press (first published 1961)

To ask other readers questions about Nicholas Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nicholas Again

MisterFweem
I was introduced to Le Petit Nicholas while I was living in France waaaay back in the early 1990s. These books were -- and are -- a good exercise not only in studying French but also in hearing how it's spoken in real life, not necessarily in the books. J.J. Sempe's stream of consciousness style aptly captures the ebullience and enthusiasm of a young voice and, as many critics have said, make his stories among the premiere to recount stories form a child's point of view, rather than through an a ...more
Elsa
Un libro muy bonito :) Mucha inocencia, aunque me recordaba a Los 400 Golpes de Truffaut. No hay tanto desplante sentimental (jaja, whatever it means), pero esa inocencia infantil, es bonito de recordar (Recuerdan cuando el grupo de Antoine salían a hacer educación física y cada uno se escapaba a medida que avanzaban? Eso se me hace travesura inocente, muy bonito todo pues).
Esther Hong
Hahahahaha this is awesome. I was mostly laughing out loud at Alec, oh u cute little fatty.
Faeze Taheri
تو راه خانه به خودم مي‌گفتم كه حيف شد كه مدرسه تمام شد و ديگر نه درسي براي حاضر كردن داريم، نه تكليفي، نه تنبيهي، نه زنگ تفريحي، و تازه تا چند ماه ديگر هم نمي‌توانم دوستانم را ببينم و با آنها بازي كنم و حتمما خيلي تنها خواهم شد. بابا گفت: "خوب نيكولا چرا حرف نمي‌زني؟ديدي بالاخره تعطيلاتت كه اين همه منتظرش بودي از راه رسيد." من زدم زير گريه و بابا گفت كه بالاخره من ديوانه‌اش مي‌كنم.

خيلي بد است اگر آدم كتابي را كه هديه گرفته براي كسي، خودش هم بخواند:-؟
من آدم بدي هستم... ميدانم!
مخصوصا وختي اين همه
Magda
My husband & I love the series so much that we decided to name our child after the main character.

What is not to love about Nicholas. He is small, cutely naughty & believes to have the best parents in the world.

Nicholas is always up to something, mostly not good. He has group of friends alike him and they all get in trouble all the time & love playing.

Mikolay’s world is very simple, not too complicated by any kind of worries & full of childhood adventures, even though he isn’t an
Gabriele
Il libro che ogni piccolo aspirante teppista dovrebbe avere. Ricordo ancora quanto mi divertii a leggerlo alle elementari, diciamo che è stato uno dei libri della mia infanzia e quelle cose ti rimangono sempre un po' nel cuore.

Breve aneddoto: ricopiai la copertina maniacalmente su un foglio, colorando il più possibile fedelmente tutti i protagonisti, ma arrivato alla fine, per colpa di qualche compagno distratto, il foglio mi si stropicciò leggermente. Ricordo che per l'arrabbiatura - volevo un
Deb
This is a children's book, #2 in a French series from the 50s-60s. I accidentally saw a recent movie based on the series. The movie had me laughing out loud (Le Petit Nicholas, 2009) so I researched and discovered its "literary" origin. My library's copy of the first book was checked out, so I began with Nicholas Again. It is a sequence of SHORT stories about Nicholas and his school friends and parents. I laughed out loud reading it! There are cartoon drawings that complement the text--it's all ...more
Kathryn
Grade: 3-4
Genre: International
Awards:
Use: I would use this book to talk about the culture of France. Since the story is told from a child's point of view, it would be easy for my students to relate to. As we are reading, I would keep an open discussion going for students to compare their lives to the Nicholas'. When the story is complete, I will have students draw a picture of themselves playing with Nicholas and tell a brief story about what they did together. This will help students understand
SsRs
One phrase is sufficient for a review: All ages from seven to seventy can enjoy Jean-Jacques Sempé's
"Petit Nicolas"
Sara
این کتاب وجلدای دیگش کاملا دوران بچگیمو برام یادآوری میکنن...!!بااین کتابا بزرگ شدم...!! :)
Noah Kellstedt
In this part of to book Nicholas and his friends are fishing for tad poles at the park and it causes all kinds of trouble. Nicholas's dad buy him a fake nose and when he take it to school it gets him and his friends in trouble. I real liked this book mostly because it reminds me of how mischievous I was in elementary school
and how funny it was to me. Nicholas always does silly things and they all seem like something I would have done.
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a little humor
Josephine
May 26, 2008 Josephine rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: 9thgrade-books
I loved this book. This book is hilarious and I couldnt stop reading it. It is about a little French schoolboy named Nicholas who talks about his adventures of himself and his friends. What I liked about this book is the voice of Nicholas because it shows what kind of boy he is. He always get into trouble but he never mean to go through all of the problems. I also like the drawings that the author drew because it is very funny and it made me imagine the scene well. This was a very good, entertai ...more
Kimberly
More mischief and mayhem from le petit Nicholas. These books are marketed to young readers, but I think adults will enjoy them just as much, if not more, as children. Adults will be able to see the humor in the interactions between the adult characters in the books and Nicholas and his gang. Again, like the first book, I really enjoyed the writing style and sentence structure.
Gijs Grob
Avonturen van le petit Nicolas en zijn vriendjes. Met onder andere het verslag van een voetbalwedstrijd, King het kikkervisje en veel plannen die door de blijmoedige en van geen kwaad bewuste Nicolaas en zijn vriendjes door hun desinteresse, gebrek aan concentratie en onderlinge gevechten steeds in de soep lopen. Erg grappig.
Mattias
Some hilarious tales about Nicholas and his friends.
They make a lot of funny stuff. Most of them are innocent but always have a spectacular ending. It is funny to read, one is reminded of oneself both as a child and as a parent.
I am laughing high and loud reading this book.
Rose Dawson
Mikulášovy příběhy jsou podle mě spíše knížky pro kluky,ale myslím,že dívkám se budou také líbit.Protože mě se rozhodně moc líbily. :D Mikuláš i jeho kamarádi byly pořádní dáblíci,a také za to nejednou dostali.Knížku doporučuji.Je zábavná,vtipná nejen pro děti.
Colin Hogan
This is another of my ventures into French literature. My French tutor in Des Moines introduced me to Petit Nicolas, and I love his episodes. They make me laugh. For their predictability mostly. And I can understand what they say.
Anna
I like Nicholas very much - all the problems of schoolboys are so funny, when you remember your own start at primary school and those new things and new people. World and you - great adventure.
nicole
Even better than the first one. I especially liked the three-parter about the soccer match. It was nice to see him sorta mix things up, write from a slightly different angle.
Francesca
this is a really sweet book translated from france about a little boy named nicolas who gets into all sorts of trouble. i also advise u 2 read all of them(there r alot!)
Sahel
همون طور که خواهرم فرمودن این کتاب برای 7 تا 77 سال لذت بخشه.کتاب از دیده یه بچه است با دنیایی که پر از لذت کودکیه.سبک کتاب فانتزیه.حتما یکیشو بخونید.بقیشم می خونید
Sam
The best of all Nicholas-es, in Nicholas Again, the gang writes a newspaper, fights A LOT, and buys Uncle Georges nose...oh but I don't want to spoil anything.
Anowak
Nov 25, 2010 Anowak is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
les histoires sont tout drôle, pas difficile à comprendre. Il n'y a pas de passé simple, alors cela serait bien pour la littérature en classe secondaire.
Raphael Paulian
I was read Nicholas as a child, the translation doesn't seem to really convey the atmosphere you find in the French text.
Jul 09, 2008 Jennifer rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jennifer by: Gloria
Shelves: 2008, children
Funny for the adult who is reading the book. Language was a little harsh and I found myself changing many of the words.
christy
little nicholas is so sassy you can't help but love him even when he is being a very very naughty boy.
bdavis
A very fun book and also one of my favourite childhood books. I could read this over and over again.
Alwyns8 lim
it is a nice french book its wonderful i did recommend it to people who waqnted to learn more about childhood
Beáta
It is an amusing book. Perhaps it was written for children but I enjoyed it. I liked its humour.
Emily
Not as funny as I remembered the first one being, but it was still amusing.
Goodreads Librari...: Russian blurbs in French books 4 56 Apr 25, 2013 06:27PM
  • قصه های مجید
  • تيستو سبزانگشتی
  • آقای با كلاه و آقای بی كلاه
  • Brzechwa dzieciom
  • Kłamczucha (Jeżycjada, #2)
René Goscinny was a French author, editor and humorist, who is best known for the comic book Astérix, which he created with illustrator Albert Uderzo, and for his work on the comic series Lucky Luke with Morris (considered the series' golden age).

Series:
* Asterix
More about René Goscinny...
Le petit Nicolas (Le petit Nicolas, #1) Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1) Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6) Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8) Asterix and the Golden Sickle (Asterix, #2)