Start by marking “Idiot's Guide Knitting” as Want to Read:
Idiot's Guide Knitting

Idiot's Guide Knitting

Knitting is one of the most popular crafts among people all ages, but if you've never picked up a set of needles before, it's hard to know where to begin. Geared toward the absolute beginner, Idiot's Guides: Knitting teaches the basics of knitting in a series of lessons using full-color, step-by-step photo-rich instructions that enable the reader to clearly see how each st ...more
Published August 27th 2013 by Alpha Books

To ask other readers questions about Idiot's Guide Knitting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Idiot's Guide Knitting

Katie Cunningham
Jan 19, 2015 Katie Cunningham rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I just finished up reading the Idiot’s Guide to Knitting by Megan Goodacre. I’d heard an interview with the author on the Knit Picks podcast, and I was impressed enough to pick up a copy.

Now, why am I reading a beginners book? First, I like to have something to recommend to new knitters because I remember being terribly frustrated when I started out. I ended up learning from a mish-mash of friends looking over my shoulder, YouTube videos, and mediocre beginner books from my library. I’ve been on
Laura Talley
Jan 09, 2014 Laura Talley rated it it was amazing
Loved this! I spent a few frustrated days on Youtube before I picked this up, and I'm glad I did! My only nitpick is that there wasn't much for lefties, so I just did everything backward. It did get a little confusing sometimes, but I was still able to figure it out more quickly than I could via video or other resources I tried to read. If you're right-handed, no problem at all! The directions are clear and easy to follow. I now love my new hobby!
Kathleen
Nov 16, 2013 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Great book for beginners or knitters that need a refresher. Starts at the beginning, including choosing yarn, reading patterns, and goes through cables, color work & knitting in the round. I've been knitting for 10+ years and still found useful. Also, this book has projects in it that I would actually make unlike many other beginning knitting books.
Chandrika
Apr 27, 2014 Chandrika rated it it was amazing
I've been knitting basic things for 10 years and trying to teach myself one skill at a time from the internets, but this book has so much information in one place! I didn't even know what I didn't know. I'm looking forward to knitting more complex and interesting projects!
Charles Jaimet
Jan 02, 2015 Charles Jaimet rated it it was amazing
I'm glad the Idiot's Guide franchise has finally moved to high quality, glossy pages and solid design. This book is easy to read and very visual.
Margo
Margo rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2015
Julie
Nov 05, 2016 Julie rated it really liked it
This is a very well written reference book. I already know the basics, but I still found it useful to expand my knowledge. I really found the pictures helpful. I was also pleasantly surprised by the stitch gallery and included projects.
catherine stein
catherine stein rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2014
Kelly Conklin
Kelly Conklin rated it really liked it
May 28, 2014
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Jocelyne Arès
Jocelyne Arès rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2014
Liz
Liz rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2015
CLAUDIA D. MARSHALL
CLAUDIA D. MARSHALL rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2016
Catherinen
Catherinen rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2013
Courtney Gillman
Courtney Gillman rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2016
Katya
Katya rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2014
Ayu Prestasia
Ayu Prestasia rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
Judith
Judith rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Artful Dishes
Artful Dishes rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2016
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Kathleen Williams
Kathleen Williams rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2016
Ariza Zubia
Ariza Zubia rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Юлия Барушева
Юлия Барушева rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Merrill
Merrill rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2014
Christie
Christie rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2014
Stephanie Martinez
Dec 24, 2015 Stephanie Martinez rated it it was amazing
this book really helped me learn the basics!!
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
PWRL
Apr 29, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
O
Sarah rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015