Surprise Larceny

Surprise Larceny

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Frank had it all figured out: a few under-the-the table money transfers, a new identity, and a plan to live out his retirement years a self-made man. He would have succeeded too, if it weren’t for an untimely surprise. Instead, he wakes up in a hospital to find that a couple of his coworkers have their own plan.

Surprise Larceny puts a new spin on the old adage--keep your f...more
Published March 6th 2013 by Untreed Reads (first published March 5th 2013)

Colleen Bratley
Surprise is probably a mild way to put it. Shock would have most assuredly fit the emotional reaction perceived, but of course as a title and what happened, surprise works much better.
Short stories are just that. You won't find a lot of fluff or character building; there just isn't any room for it. That's probably why I don't usually read short stories. I like to get to know the characters and really see, through descriptive writing, where everything is at. So surprisingly, I could actually pict...more
Kevintipple
Frank knows something is going on at work. Just what, he is not sure, but clearly somebody has been in his cubicle messing with his stuff. Nothing is missing. Things just seemed to have been moved a little bit. Then there was the fragment of overheard conversation last week between two of his coworkers.

“Frank’s going to be so ticked when he discovers that we know,” Bob said.

“Well then,” Margaret’s tone was chiding, “Frank should have been more careful. He left it out in plain sight. What was I s...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
This was a fun story and although I guessed early on what was happening, the characters made up for it. They were all a little quirky and despite this being a short read, the author did a good job developing them. I liked the twist in the plot at the end of the book. I won’t give it away but will say that although it might not be a fun ending for the main character, it definitely is for the reader.

If you like quirky mysteries and are short on time this would be a good pick for you.

Originally pos...more
Kahindi
Kahindi marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Booneville Retribution Dead Giveaway Murder on the Ropes The Killer Wore Cranberry: A Second Helping