Start by marking “Intelligence for Your Life: Powerful Lessons for Personal Growth” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Intelligence for Your ...

John Tesh

Intelligence for Your Life: Powerful Lessons for Personal Growth

Almost eight million people across the United States and Canada tune in to John Tesh's syndicated show each week to hear him warmly impart "intelligence for your life" - tips on how to earn your boss's trust, fight jet lag, get out of debt, find your life's calling or even discover the power of prayer. As one major city newspaper referred to him, "He's like Oprah, but with ...more
Published March 11th 2008 by Thomas Nelson (first published March 9th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Intelligence for Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intelligence for Your Life

Sharon
Mar 31, 2009 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was about 1,000 times better than I expected it to be! 'Intelligence for Your Life' encourages you to embrace life and be the BEST person you can be. The practical tips are terrific and the fun facts are great conversation starters.
John Schettle
Mar 20, 2017 John Schettle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As enjoyable and informative as his radio show.
Chip Hunter
Dec 29, 2016 Chip Hunter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a short and simple self-help/inspirational book by the supposedly famous John Tesh. While I had never heard of Tesh before my Dad gave me this book for Christmas, apparently he is a very famous TV Personality, Rock-and-Roll Band Member, Concert Pianist, and Radio Talk Show Host. I don't know how I had avoided becoming familiar with him before, but I'm thankful that my Dad introduced his work to me through this book. Very readable and full of great advice on how to live a more fulfilling ...more
Kim
Jun 28, 2016 Kim rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The worst book I've read this year. I was barely skimming it when I came upon this:

"Eldredge points out what a horrible mistake it is to emasculate young boys by telling them, "Don't jump on the furniture. " "Don't climb that tree." "Don't be so nosy."

Ummm, when did safety and manners become emasculating? Maybe he took this out of context from Eldredge, but this really irked me. There is a time and place for climbing trees, but teaching them when and how is part of growing up.

Granted, I was al
Julia
Aug 24, 2014 Julia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
I've always enjoyed hearing John Tesh give out tidbits of wisdom and advice on his syndicated radio program. He is a life coach, and this book puts all of his knowledge together in one place. He covered many, many topics in this book, but really only touched on each topic. Nothing very deeply explored. His chapter on advising men how to be more manly, was kind of irritating to me. I thought it was a rather narrow approach as to how all men should be. But, despite this irritant, there is lots of ...more
Shirley Brosius
Jan 30, 2011 Shirley Brosius rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
This book covers a lot of personal growth territory on its 221 pages. You might call it the ultimate self-help book with chapters on topics as diverse as money, health, marriage, your stay in a hospital and making friends. Most chapters are just two or three pages.

Boxed information offers interesting side notes. For instance, did you know that belts were once a gauge of social status? Did you know that kids who eat dinner with their families five or more nights a week are 50 percent less likely
Thitirat B. Luu
Dec 10, 2015 Thitirat B. Luu rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Such an unhealthy information gave to the reader. Please not waste time with this stuff. Not worth your life in all the way. Such a liar writer. And liar morale, insincere and not expressing genuine feelings. He, himself can not do what he tell people to do. He tell people -- Intelligence for Your Life: Powerful Lessons for Personal Growth -- he, himself can not do it and I don't know how how he make up this book from.
Colleen  H
Sep 29, 2013 Colleen H rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love that John Tesh was originally going to call this book, "Hard Work, Risk and Prayer". Intelligence for Your Life is the name of the broadcast so it had the most name recognition. I'm glad he did that because many more people who aren't necessarily seeking to find God's wisdom and message of love, may pick up the book and find it by surprise. I picked up a copy at a used bookstore in St Augustine, Florida. I love the broadcast as well!
Carolyn
Nov 10, 2011 Carolyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book weaved with stories of his life, trivia facts, helpful information about important topics to us all, and good quotes. I didn't know his book would share such sweet and personal stories about him becoming more acquainted with God and I appreciated his courage to share that.
Herb
I frankly expected more from this book. I found some of Mr. Tesh's views to be quite unenlightening and, yes, dull. Later parts of the book were rehashes of other self-help type books. There are a few interesting parts to this book, hence the rating, but I can't really recommend it.
Connie
Jun 25, 2008 Connie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful book; short enough to read through quickly but full of wisdom. I will most likely want to buy it for myself.
Aaron
Mar 13, 2011 Aaron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick and easy read. As a fan of his radio show, this book was a good extension of that. Enjoyed it quite a bit.
Amee
May 17, 2009 Amee is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Just started reading it- gets me thinking and challenges me to live outside my selfishness...
Pam Drake
Nov 05, 2011 Pam Drake rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hard work. Risk. Prayer.

Good advice.
Steven
Jul 21, 2009 Steven rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great advice on how to enjoy life and how to get the best from it.
Kathleen
Once again, this book wasn't exactly what I expected. Even so, it pushed me to evaluate my life at this moment in attempt to refine, refresh, and reaffirm my life focus.
Eric
Aug 13, 2011 Eric rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
John Tesh is a good writer....I also love his radio show.
Cindy Warren milliken
I have so many bookmarks in this one and pick it up often for an inspiring refresher.
Candida
Nov 25, 2008 Candida rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspirational
This was a good book with sound advice. I liked the way he talked about how important it was to focus. It seemed to be geared towards men though.
Deidra
Jan 20, 2009 Deidra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Our library seems to put a lot of cheesy books by radio personalities in the "New Non-Fiction" section. And for some strange reason, I can't seem to resist them!
Becky
Nov 15, 2012 Becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
I liked this alright. Some of the trivia tidbits made me laugh out loud and there are a couple of gem tips in here that I am sure I will use.
Antonina Zaytseva
This is a good guide book. It references a few other self help books Tesh claims changed his life. Very east to digest and I found myself using some of the advice that very day. Glad I read it.
Antegnat Oliphant
Nothing earth shattering, but nice life skill reminders.
Kortney Carter
Kortney Carter rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Jenn
Jenn rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2011
Gene
Gene rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2009
Debra L Gelish
Debra L Gelish rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2015
Pamela
Pamela rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2012
LUIS DONAYRE
LUIS DONAYRE rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2015
Heather Lowther
Heather Lowther rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2014