Start by marking “Intelligence for Your Life: Powerful Lessons for Personal Growth” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Intelligence for Your ...
John Tesh

Intelligence for Your Life: Powerful Lessons for Personal Growth

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Almost eight million people across the United States and Canada tune in to John Tesh's syndicated show each week to hear him warmly impart "intelligence for your life" - tips on how to earn your boss's trust, fight jet lag, get out of debt, find your life's calling or even discover the power of prayer. As one major city newspaper referred to him, "He's like Oprah, but with ...more
Published March 11th 2008 by Thomas Nelson (first published March 9th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Intelligence for Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intelligence for Your Life

This book was about 1,000 times better than I expected it to be! 'Intelligence for Your Life' encourages you to embrace life and be the BEST person you can be. The practical tips are terrific and the fun facts are great conversation starters.
I've always enjoyed hearing John Tesh give out tidbits of wisdom and advice on his syndicated radio program. He is a life coach, and this book puts all of his knowledge together in one place. He covered many, many topics in this book, but really only touched on each topic. Nothing very deeply explored. His chapter on advising men how to be more manly, was kind of irritating to me. I thought it was a rather narrow approach as to how all men should be. But, despite this irritant, there is lots of ...more
Shirley Brosius
This book covers a lot of personal growth territory on its 221 pages. You might call it the ultimate self-help book with chapters on topics as diverse as money, health, marriage, your stay in a hospital and making friends. Most chapters are just two or three pages.

Boxed information offers interesting side notes. For instance, did you know that belts were once a gauge of social status? Did you know that kids who eat dinner with their families five or more nights a week are 50 percent less likely
Colleen  H
I love that John Tesh was originally going to call this book, "Hard Work, Risk and Prayer". Intelligence for Your Life is the name of the broadcast so it had the most name recognition. I'm glad he did that because many more people who aren't necessarily seeking to find God's wisdom and message of love, may pick up the book and find it by surprise. I picked up a copy at a used bookstore in St Augustine, Florida. I love the broadcast as well!
I frankly expected more from this book. I found some of Mr. Tesh's views to be quite unenlightening and, yes, dull. Later parts of the book were rehashes of other self-help type books. There are a few interesting parts to this book, hence the rating, but I can't really recommend it.
A great book weaved with stories of his life, trivia facts, helpful information about important topics to us all, and good quotes. I didn't know his book would share such sweet and personal stories about him becoming more acquainted with God and I appreciated his courage to share that.
Antonina Zaytseva
This is a good guide book. It references a few other self help books Tesh claims changed his life. Very east to digest and I found myself using some of the advice that very day. Glad I read it.
Once again, this book wasn't exactly what I expected. Even so, it pushed me to evaluate my life at this moment in attempt to refine, refresh, and reaffirm my life focus.
Our library seems to put a lot of cheesy books by radio personalities in the "New Non-Fiction" section. And for some strange reason, I can't seem to resist them!
This was a good book with sound advice. I liked the way he talked about how important it was to focus. It seemed to be geared towards men though.
I liked this alright. Some of the trivia tidbits made me laugh out loud and there are a couple of gem tips in here that I am sure I will use.
This was a wonderful book; short enough to read through quickly but full of wisdom. I will most likely want to buy it for myself.
Quick and easy read. As a fan of his radio show, this book was a good extension of that. Enjoyed it quite a bit.
Jim George
I can barely keep the radio on while he gives advice, why did I think the book would be different.
May 17, 2009 Amee is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Just started reading it- gets me thinking and challenges me to live outside my selfishness...
Cindy Warren milliken
I have so many bookmarks in this one and pick it up often for an inspiring refresher.
Great advice on how to enjoy life and how to get the best from it.
Antegnat Oliphant
Nothing earth shattering, but nice life skill reminders.
John Tesh is a good writer....I also love his radio show.
Pam Drake
Hard work. Risk. Prayer.

Good advice.
Tanya added it
Aug 15, 2015
Jo is currently reading it
Aug 14, 2015
Mandee is currently reading it
May 15, 2015
Alex added it
Feb 21, 2015
Mickslibrarian marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
David Gunning
David Gunning marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
An Invitation To Pray And Worship: A Journey To A Deeper Faith Intelligence for Your Life: Powerful Lessons for Personal Growth Beyond Red Rocks: Making Your Dreams a Reality John Tesh - Grand Passion John Tesh - One World