Start by marking “The Epicure” as Want to Read:
The Epicure

The Epicure

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  8 reviews

. . .of a man in white, holding a scapel and smiling with each deep cuts he makes. To Susie's babysitter, Jessie, they're just dreadful manifestations of the poor little girl's troubled life. To Susie, they're a warning of a terrible threat that's closing in on her, Jessie, and everyone she loves. . .

Mass Market Paperback, 262 pages
Published December 6th 2005 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about The Epicure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Epicure

The Shining by Stephen KingIt by Stephen KingPet Sematary by Stephen KingSalem's Lot by Stephen KingThe Exorcist by William Peter Blatty
Scariest books of all time
360th out of 373 books — 622 voters
American Psycho by Bret Easton EllisHaunted by Chuck PalahniukOff Season by Jack KetchumThe Girl Next Door by Jack KetchumExquisite Corpse by Poppy Z. Brite
The Goriest Books Ever
131st out of 255 books — 494 voters

More lists with this book...

Laya Mccoy
This book really just blew me away. This was one of the first ever adult type books that I ever read, and I must say that it's definintly a good one.
I really like the little girl, Susie. I like the idea of little kids knowing more about things that the grown-ups do, and it's cool to watch them understand things better than their elders.
I liked how Jessy is trying to live her life to the fullest, even though so much is going on, and yet things are just not turning out very good. While she's
Ashley Amendolaro
I thought this was one of the greatest books ever written when I was 11 and it scared the ever-loving crap out of me; I thought I'd give it a re-read just for kicks, but I couldn't really get into it: it's a promising premise, but the unimpressive writing style and somewhat unbelieve-ability of the characters kinda killed it.
Karla Mata-soto
Incredibly bone chilling. You won't sleep for a while.
This is a nasty little tale! Do not read if Cannibalism, rape, animal abuse, and dismemberment bothers you. It involes a psychic child, internet dangers of chatrooms,and a strange organization that has special "tastes".
Ar Cullman
The book had an interesting premise but that is all. It was supposed to be a horror but I found myself laughing out loud at times because of the absurdity. Quick, easy read but quite ridiculous at times.
Sep 14, 2008 Sandy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: intense book lovers
Recommended to Sandy by: a friend
This book is very disturbing. I couldn't put it down and read it in very few days.

If you want a book that will hold your attention, this is a must read! I loved it!!!
This book is scary... sincerely I was freaked out the whole time I was reading it. This book will get you wondering if some of the people you know are cannibals.
Very disturbing book, in a good way, I read it all in one day. I just couldn't put it down.
Emily Mulcahy
Emily Mulcahy marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Samii marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015
Angelia marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2015
Ashley Pacitto
Ashley Pacitto marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Dezi added it
Sep 20, 2015
Kali marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Mike added it
Jul 18, 2015
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Sabrina * Loki's Lover *
Sabrina * Loki's Lover * marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Meghan marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Jess added it
Jun 10, 2014
Maddy added it
May 25, 2014
Emmett Robb
Emmett Robb marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Steve marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Fenia marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Ellie Red
Ellie Red marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014