Start by marking “A Dark and Stormy Knit (Black Sheep Knitting Mystery, #6)” as Want to Read:
A Dark and Stormy Knit (Black Sheep Knitting Mystery, #6)

A Dark and Stormy Knit (Black Sheep Knitting Mystery #6)

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  273 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
In the sixth novel in the series that is “sure to hook cozy fans” (Publishers Weekly) the Black Sheep Knitters must work to solve the mystery of the disappearance of their friend—and figure out who is trying to kill her before it’s too late.

Curiosity Killed the Cat

Knitting graffiti, in Plum Harbor? Maggie Messina doubts it could ever happen in her quiet village. Until the
Published January 14th 2014 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about A Dark and Stormy Knit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dark and Stormy Knit

Mary Brown
Sep 30, 2014 Mary Brown rated it really liked it
A Dark and Stormy Knit by Anne Canadeo is book six in the Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries series. It revolves around a group of friends who get together at least once a week to eat and knit. As is typical in a cozy, there is a mystery to solve. The mystery is a murder and one of their own is a “person of interest”. The friends know that they need to help the police solve the murder so that none of them get arrested. They have had experience with sort of thing in the past so they know what to do. ...more
Bunny
Jun 17, 2014 Bunny rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-14
Sigh. Trying a different "knitting as half the plot" author, after such a disastrous run with the last ones I read.

Even though the blurb for this sounds insane, and the title is ridiculous. Hope springs eternal.
-----

Not as dreadful as Maggie Sefton's "A Knitting Mystery" series.

That's the best I can give you on this one.

The title is still ridiculous. It wasn't even stormy the night the victim died, or any of the other nights in this book, so it really is a ridiculously stupid wasted play on
Fmorlan
Jan 03, 2015 Fmorlan rated it really liked it
Maggie owns a knitting store and hosts a knitting night for friends Lucy,Dana, Suzanne and Phoebe. Most days are quiet so they can chat and knit. But there were knitting bombs put on the new parking meters. Then the ladies attended an art show to see Phoebe's friend Charlotte's exhibit. As it happened Charlotte'ex boyfriend showed up causimg her to leave very quickly. Phoebe went looking for her but what she found stunned her. It looked that Charlotte was murdered. The first suspect were the Kni ...more
Veronica
Oct 30, 2014 Veronica rated it it was amazing
I look forward to reading more of Anne Canadeo's cozy mysteries!
Jessica
Jun 23, 2014 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy, mystery
A while back, when I was hunting for new cozies to read, I came across Anne Canadeo's Black Sheep Knitting Mystery series (series review here), and it was just what the doctor ordered: A nice, cozy, crafty group of friends who enjoyed good meals and good company while solving mysteries along the way. In many ways, it still is, but the copy-editing problems that have plagued the series since day one have not only not been solved, I think they've gotten worse.

Recommended to people who like books w
Text Addict
It's not true *every* cozy mystery title is punny, is it? Just most of them, I guess.

This was another fun one; my faith in the subgenre is nearly restored. I've even been reading books instead of doing the things I'm supposed to be doing, which - after a patch of mediocre-to-unfinishable books - is actually a relief.

This 6th in the series didn't suffer at all from my only having read the first one before. The mystery is definitely tricky, the characters lively and charming, and the results gott
Kendra
Feb 07, 2014 Kendra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, knitting
This is about the best cozy knitting mystery I have had the pleasure to read over the years. When the opening scene features knitting graffiti artists striking the small town of Plum Harbor in opposition to the town’s decision to install unpopular parking meters, I knew I would be hooked. The murder took place off page, which I appreciate. The characters were different, quirky, likable and realistic. I fell in love with them and look forward to reading more works by Anne Canadeo. Knitters will e ...more
Susan
Maggie's employee and tenant, part-time college student Phoebe, draws police attention when she discovers a body in her friend's apartment. Maggie and the Black Sheep Knitters provide support to Phoebe, especially when it seems like one of the suspects in the murder is stalking her. Talking to Maggie about the case leads Phoebe to the real killer, after the police have gone down several dead ends. Although I'm not a knitter, I follow several of these "crafty" series, and for me this one fell rat ...more
Julie
Oct 14, 2013 Julie rated it liked it
review coming soon!
Tania Godwin-evans
Aug 16, 2014 Tania Godwin-evans rated it it was ok
No 6 in the series however, unlike many book serials, it is not necessary to have read the others to enjoy this book.

An interesting story premise of a murder mystery, a group of knitting graffitists and a knitting shop owner. The plot moves along at a steady pace although the language used by the author feels antiquated. What started as a light hearted read turned sinister with the off-page murder. The revealing of clues related to aforementioned murder feels contrived (eg happening to overhear
Anastacia
Apr 19, 2014 Anastacia rated it really liked it
Being a big knitter, naturally I had to request a review copy of this book from netgalley. I have not read any of the previous books in this series, something I normally HATE, but was not an issue at all in this series.

I do want to admit that I am not really a fan of cozies - I just don't get the genre. I understand the need for violence off screen, but the whole genre is just too light and fluffy for me.

Of course, I keep trying to read cozies anyway, because I do like crime books/mystery books
Michelle (Undeniably Book Nerdy)
More like 3.5/5 stars. It was slower than my previous Anne Canadeo read, a bit preachy at times and had some deux ex machina moments... Still, it kept my interest and it was great spending a few hours with the Black Sheep Knitting ladies, who were such sweethearts. Full review to come.

Full review (originally posted on MICHELLE & LESLIE'S BOOK PICKS):

When A Dark and Stormy Knit showed up at my door I was pleasantly surprised. I read only one other cozy mystery before (another Black Sheep nov
The Bookwyrm's Hoard
Jan 24, 2014 The Bookwyrm's Hoard rated it really liked it
Review originally published at The Bookwyrm's Hoard.

This is the first Black Sheep Knitting Mystery I've read, but it won't be the last. As both a cozy mystery reader and a knitter, I am always delighted to find a new series that combines both, and this is one of the best I've come across in a while. Taut and well-written, the mystery kept me turning pages while the protagonists, yarn store owner Maggie and her quirky college-age assistant Phoebe, slowly became my friends. Canadeo doesn't cheat;
Tammy
Feb 15, 2015 Tammy rated it really liked it
Lucy took a much smaller role in this installment and while the book was decent I missed Lucy. It was nice however to see more of Phoebe but Maggie is still not a character I really like. I know ehy, her uncomfortable relationship with pets.
Gina
Jul 27, 2014 Gina rated it liked it
A Dark and Stormy Knit by Anne Canadeo.

A light, fluffy cozy mystery centered on a yarn shop and knitting group. An entertaining read for an afternoon or two. It's like sherbet, a palate cleanser between other, more intense genres.

May 31, 2014 Laura rated it it was ok
not bad, story was kept at a nice-steady pace. A new character was introduced and he is in place to be the possible "love interest" of the main character, Maggie--good luck!
Josie
Feb 15, 2014 Josie rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting-fiction
To quote the quote on the cover: "Friendship, knitting, murder ... create the perfect patter. Great fun."

I liked this installment of the Black Sheep Knitting Mystery Series. It had a slightly different tone, but it was still all about the friendships that were built, and how they came together and helped solve a crime AND a murder! ;)
Michelle's Book
Feb 23, 2014 Michelle's Book rated it really liked it
Great read! It is definitely a cozy mystery read, but I did like the different characters. I hope to read more of her books.
NVTony
May 20, 2014 NVTony rated it really liked it
Wanted to read some new authors and this one caught my attention. Well written mystery with enjoyable characters. Just right mixture of characters with story line. Will be reading more from this author.
Pj Gaumond
Feb 24, 2016 Pj Gaumond rated it really liked it
A nice read with a good story. Looking forward to reading more of the books in this story. This copy I read is an Advance Uncorrected Proof that a friend gave me. Not sure where she got it from.
Mary
Feb 21, 2014 Mary rated it really liked it
“A Dark and Stormy Knit” by Anne Canadeo. This is the sixth book in the Black Sheep Knitting mystery series. The Black Sheep Knitters are five friends who meet once a week to share friendship, gossip, and knitting tips in Plum Harbor, Massachusetts. Their curiosity and natural detective skills often land them in the middle of murder.
Ellen Thielen
Feb 01, 2014 Ellen Thielen rated it liked it
This lighthearted tale reminded me of Debbie Macomber. The dialogue is slightly old fashioned, but it's a quick relaxing read.
Grey853
Jul 09, 2014 Grey853 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, cozy
A rather silly, lightweight read, this won't strain the brain cells.
Marjorie
Mar 05, 2014 Marjorie rated it liked it
I enjoy this series but knitting graffiti??!! Totally zany!!
Debra B.
Oct 09, 2015 Debra B. rated it liked it
I am a knitter, so this book interested me. It was amusing, kind of cute-sy.
Fairlee Corkran
Sep 13, 2015 Fairlee Corkran rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, library
love all these women and their advanges
Susan
Mar 06, 2014 Susan rated it liked it
Fun read....even has yarn bombing in the plot....
Jean Brazil
Nov 24, 2015 Jean Brazil rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Typical cozy mystery.
Carrie Miceli
A quick uncomplicated read.
Linda
Aug 15, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it
My favorite of the series.
  • Yarn to Go (Yarn Retreat Mystery, #1)
  • Angora Alibi (A Seaside Knitters Mystery, #7)
  • Close Knit Killer (A Knitting Mystery, #11)
  • Spinning in Her Grave (A Haunted Yarn Shop Mystery #3)
  • Blackwork (A Needlecraft Mystery, #13)

Black Sheep Knitting Mystery (8 books)
  • While My Pretty One Knits (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery, #1)
  • Knit, Purl, Die (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery, #2)
  • A Stitch Before Dying (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery, #3)
  • Till Death Do Us Purl (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery, #4)
  • The Silence of the Llamas (Black Sheep Knitting Mystery, #5)
  • The Postman Always Purls Twice (Black Sheep Knitting Mystery, #7)
  • A Murder in Mohair (Black Sheep Knitting Mystery, #8)