Start by marking “Are You My Boyfriend?” as Want to Read:
Are You My Boyfriend?

Are You My Boyfriend?

This contemporary parody of a childhood classic is a humorous and heartfelt tale about searching for love—and letting it find you. Makes a great gift!

What’s a confident, self-reliant young woman with a heart full of love—but no boyfriend—to do? Look for her soul mate, of course! Like the intrepid baby bird in P.D. Eastman’s beloved Are You My Mother?, the independent young
Published February 4th 2014 by Gallery Books (first published October 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Are You My Boyfriend?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Are You My Boyfriend?

The Consecration by Jesse MerwinWe Won't Feel a Thing by J.C. LillisThe Shadow Year by Hannah RichellThe Graveyard Book by Neil GaimanThe Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
Books Read in April 2014
18th out of 28 books — 8 voters
Anissa's Redemption by Zack LoveBreaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerBlood Promise by Richelle MeadThe Book Thief by Markus ZusakAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Titles that start with #, A, or B
339th out of 940 books — 61 voters

More lists with this book...

Eve
Jul 22, 2015 Eve rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, read-2015
This is one of the cutest adult picture books I've ever read! Only sixty-four pages long, it's a parody of Are You My Mother?. Being a singleton is hard, especially when it seems like everyone in your circle is happily paired off. Although the protagonist has a good sense of self-worth and is financially independent, she has no boyfriend, and thus begins her search for him.

The illustrations are adorable, and I loved Bryza's play on words. After finishing it, I immediately turned to page one and
Akilah
Jul 25, 2016 Akilah rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, ttt-2000
I won this in the Goodreads giveaway! YAY!

Super fun and cute book. I loved the different types of guys the heroine meets, and I especially appreciated how she started to enjoy herself/recognize good things going on around her even with her dating life in the toilet. I also really appreciated that the end was about her just being herself and the dude meeting her where she was.
Feb 18, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: teens & 20-somethings, both single and in a relationship
I received this book through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

The girl in C.B. Bryza's Are You My Boyfriend has a great life...but no boyfriend. She goes on a picture-filled adventure a la the classic Are You My Mother? to find one, encountering many different guys along the way.

This book was adorable. It grabbed my attention from the beginning - the cover declared that instead of being an "I can read all by myself" book it was a "I can date all by myself"! I loved the nods to Seussian illustrat
Tori
Aug 01, 2015 Tori rated it really liked it
I thought this was cute! I loved Are You My Mother? Thanks, Eve.
Heather
Jun 23, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it
Perfect for the serial dater. Funny with a sweet ending.
Ashley
Aug 19, 2015 Ashley rated it liked it
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Are you My Boyfriend is a cute concept. As a parody of Are You My Mother, I think it hits the essential points of the book (the journey, asking the question, and discovering (view spoiler)).

When I read it the first time through, I was seriously disappointed. I will admit, I was being a bit cynical - why weren't these people looking at her strange for walking up to
Suzanne (Chick with Books) Yester
I love a girl with confidence! And the girl in Are You My Boyfriend by C.B. Bryza, and illustrated by Simon Greiner, certainly has it all… BUT a Boyfriend! She's got great friends, a wonderful family, she's financially independent, so she should have a boyfriend to finish the picture, right? Well, in this wonderful picture book, a parody of the classic Dr. Seuss book, Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman, our girl goes looking for love, only to find out that true love will ultimately find its way ...more
Michelle Picarella
Feb 20, 2014 Michelle Picarella rated it really liked it
I judged this book by the cover as an edgy, possibly crude or vulgar spin on a classic story but this was actually a very cute, romantic even, little book.
This is the story of one well adjusted woman looking for her perfect match. I didn't let my kids read it at first, assuming it may be rough, but it wasn't. Even the comedic dating puns were written purely.
I would rate this as more of a cute-date-book than a comedy, unless you count the perfectly self-supportive female searching man to man, as
Kimberly
Apr 01, 2014 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway
Received book through Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

This is such a cute book. As it says on the cover it's a picture book for grown-up children about a woman who has everything except a boyfriend/someone to share her life with. She goes looking for him meeting all the cliche types of men along the way (which is a good laugh) only to find the guy she was looking for was right down the hall.

The illustrations are retro looking which adds to the charm to the book. I would recommend this to all my
Marie
Feb 19, 2014 Marie rated it really liked it
I received this book through Goodreads First Reads Giveaways

I was excited for this book, because it looked like a cute parody of 'are you my mother?'. When I won it through the giveaway I was so excited!

The art is simple, which complements the story well, and it's a cute story about a young women who sees all her friends getting married and wants a partner for herself.

I enjoyed this book a lot and I'm glad I had a chance to read it.
EJ
Mar 04, 2014 EJ rated it it was ok
I won this book as part of a goodreads giveaway. It was a cute book, but I'm not sure who the intended audience would be. I think this would make a cute gift for a girlfriend, but make sure that she is not easily insulted by being labeled the "single girl".
The book mimics the childhood favorite "Are You My Mother?" but the overall message seems to be; you're not complete without a man...which I didn't like.
Nicole
Feb 20, 2014 Nicole rated it really liked it
This was a quick and humorous read of a book I read too many times as a child. It had a satisfactory ending and was full of good humour any modern single girl could relate too. As a bigger note, the beginning established the character as independent and confident, financially stable... but the focus was finding a boyfriend. At least that was a secondary goal after being established as individually strong.
Barbara Ell
Mar 08, 2014 Barbara Ell rated it it was amazing
This book was great fun! So many single women (and formally single women) can read this book and say, "yup, that's right!" It was a great easy read.

This is also a great gift book, for those girls heading off to college (or graduating from college and heading out to the "real" world). Maybe not as profound as Dr. Seuss' "Oh the Places You'll Go," but still it has a message for those delving into the dating world.
Jenn
Feb 06, 2014 Jenn rated it liked it
I enjoyed the old-school looking illustrations and cute story. I know it says it's a picture book for adults but I think it would be nice to read to younger folks too. I like the idea and maybe the author can even make different editions (same title but with a male main character, etc...) if this book becomes a popular gift item.
Sarah Crawley
Aug 09, 2016 Sarah Crawley rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free from a Goodreads First reads giveaway.

I loved, loved, loved this book! A true parody of Are You My Mother and full of humor! A real cute book to give to friends, especially those still looking for love! I will highly recommend this to my friends and its cute and clean enough for my tween daughters to read even if they won't quite get all of the humor.....yet.
Wendy
Feb 16, 2014 Wendy rated it really liked it
I picked this up because it reminded me of the Dr. Seuss books. And I thought about buying it and giving it to someone I know who is always doing this. And I also thought of, before I met my soul mate, how I too could not see the person who was right in front of me and searched everywhere else for that perfect someone. It was funny and true to life. I liked it.
Leilani
Feb 20, 2014 Leilani rated it liked it
I won this book from Goodreads first reads. It is a parody of a childrens book by Dr Seuss. I did enjoy it. It is short just like the Seuss book and kinda cute but more for grown ups or Teens to enjoy than children.
Melissa
Apr 04, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet, positive, and relatable book about the sometimes exhausting and disheartening search for a soulmate. Our heroine gets down but she never gets out! The illustrations enhance the story well, and add their own jokes to reward attentive readers. I have already given copies to friends!
Louise
Apr 23, 2016 Louise rated it it was amazing
Ploy
May 07, 2015 Ploy rated it liked it
It's a cute little book to give to your special someone! Love will find you in the most unexpected ways.
Cathy Moore
Oct 05, 2014 Cathy Moore rated it it was ok
I won this book on Goodreads.com. Just goes to show you don't have to go looking for love...it'll find you! Enjoyed reading it!
Zoe
Jul 07, 2015 Zoe rated it liked it
Read this while waiting in line in a book store in early June 2015 - it was adorable! The parody of are you my mommy was quite cute and had me laughing whilst in line.
Brittany Nichols
Dec 09, 2014 Brittany Nichols rated it it was amazing
This book grasps in a silly way the feelings of a typical single woman. Super cute especially since it was inspired by a children's book and is written as such. Just loved it. :)
Baesha
Mar 04, 2014 Baesha rated it really liked it
*Won in a goodreads giveaway*

Adorable spin on "Don't go looking for love, It will find you" Perfect gift for your favorite lonely single girlfriend.
M'heeraw
Apr 10, 2014 M'heeraw rated it it was amazing
At first I thought to was a random doctor seuse book due to the cover design but it was not. It was a great short story of a lady looking for her boyfriend bandbco
Elizabeth Rhodes
Elizabeth Rhodes rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2016
Patricia
Patricia rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2015
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2014
Ruth
Nov 03, 2014 Ruth rated it it was amazing
Cute!Awesome!Must read!
Christa Baker
Christa Baker rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Shattering the Ley (Erenthrall, #1)
  • Return of the Dapper Men
  • Captive (The Forbidden Side of Nightshade #1)
  • 97 Ways to Make a Dog Smile
  • Long Shot (Star Trek: Seekers, #3)
  • The Princess and the Lord of Night
  • The Pillow Friend
  • Naughty Mabel
  • The Purple Balloon
  • Dirty Joe, the Pirate: A True Story
  • Winners Never Quit!
  • The Day Leo Said I Hate You!
  • My Dog May Be a Genius
  • Life Without Nico
  • Rose Guns Days Season 1, Vol. 1
  • Pigtastic (Accept people for who they are!)
  • Tad Williams' Mirror World: An Illustrated Novel