Start by marking “Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1)

Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths #1)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  53,365 Ratings  ·  4,597 Reviews
Kacey Cleary’s whole life imploded four years ago in a drunk-driving accident. Now she’s working hard to bury the pieces left behind—all but one. Her little sister, Livie. Kacey can swallow the constant disapproval from her born-again aunt Darla over her self-destructive lifestyle; she can stop herself from going kick-boxer crazy on Uncle Raymond when he loses the girls’ c ...more
Published September 24th 2013 by Atria Books (first published December 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Ten Tiny Breaths, please sign up.

Jojo I'm 13 and I really loved this book so yeah I would say definitely teenage appropriate
Erika This book is more New Adult than Young Adult. So I would say 18 and older.
Axel by Harper SloanReal by Katy EvansWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireDiamond Girl by Andrea  SmithLove Plus One by Andrea  Smith
Hottest Covers of 2013
66th out of 98 books — 244 voters
Hopeless by Colleen HooverSlammed by Colleen HooverLosing Hope by Colleen HooverFinding Cinderella by Colleen HooverMaybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
Atria Romance
27th out of 38 books — 31 voters

More lists with this book...

Colleen Hoover
May 25, 2016 Colleen Hoover rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have two copies of this book on my bookshelf. I only read one of them and I really, really loved it. But I felt bad that I was neglecting the other copy, so I decided to read it too, but I started with the last word and read the whole book backwards. I wouldn't recommend doing that, it doesn't really make much sense. And it takes longer to read the book back to front than it does front to back, because our brains aren't used to working in reverse.
If you read this book, which I think you shoul
Richa
Jan 24, 2013 Richa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Listen......,are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"

How long has it been since you've read a fairytale? Let me tell you about the one I came across recently.......a fairytale about redemption and forgiveness, about love and life, a fairytale about healing, about second chances.....

in a land not that far away lived a girl called Kacey. She was a girl with auburn hair and light blue eyes - the princess of our story.

She lived in happy times, in a happy palace of warmth, emotions
Lola  Reviewer

This has been a long month. In truth, I will admit to having finished two novels… including this one. This has never happened before, and I hope it will never happen again. I was about to finish a third book, but Jurassic Park’s last hundred pages just don’t make me feel as excited as the previous ones.

Anyway, enough blabbering. Ten Tiny Breaths has been on my ‘‘New Adult to Read before I Die’’ list for a year before I saw it on sale on Bookoutlet.ca and thought, ‘‘meh, why not?’’ It was worth t
Christy
Audio re-read 11/13/15. This book! Still love it just as much as the first time <3

Just breathe. Ten tiny breaths... Seize them. Feel them. Love them.

This story is absolutely beautiful.

“Our past isn’t who we are. I’m me and you’re you and that’s who we need to be.”

This is Kacey’s story

Twenty year old Kacey and her little sister Livie move to Miami, far away from their aunt and uncle in Michigan. A car accident several years ago took Kacey’s parents, best friend, and boyfriend from her and
Dd
Mar 08, 2014 Dd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

How do you cope after watching your entire world crumble around you?What do you do when everything goes wrong?What do you do when pain shatters your soul?

B.R.E.A.T.H.E

....................BREATHS........................

................TINY BREATHS.......................

.............TEN TINY BREATHS.....................

ONE.TWO.THREE.FOUR.FIVE.SIX.SEVEN.EIGHT.NINE.TEN

Seize them......Feel them......Love them.

Just Breathe..........

-----------------------------------------------------------

...Mom?...D
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 14, 2013 Aestas Book Blog rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

“Just breathe,” my mom would say.
“Ten tiny breaths …
Love them.”

My Trent casting^^

This is a story about a girl who was drowning in the pain of her shattered life and the boy with a dark past of his own who pulled her out and helped her to breath, to live, and to love again.

"Give me your heart, Kasey. I'll take everything that comes with it."

This book doesn’t ease you in to the story, it just plunges you right in and submerges you in its beautiful and spir
Debra
"A hissing sound..
Bright lights...
And then it all just...stops. And I'm vaguely aware that something is very wrong. "Mom? Dad?" There's no answer.
It's hard to breathe..."

"Just breathe," my mom would say. "Ten tiny breaths..."

~ Seize them.
~ Feel them.
~ Love them.

And that is exactly what Kacey does every time she feels like the world has fallen form underneath her feet and she just can't breath any more...

Ten tiny breaths is a remarkable story about loss, love, friendship and about losing e
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Mar 11, 2013 Stacia (the 2010 club) rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Read with Archaeologist's Anonymous group
Old MacKacey had a farm. E-I-E-I-O.
And on this farm she had a Trent. E-I-E-I-O.
With a wink, wink, here and a smirk, smirk, there. Here a wink, there a wink, everywhere a wink, wink.
Old MacKacey had a farm. E-I-E-I-OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH...

2.5 stars. Sleepy Stacia after a long weekend = nothing in the bag of tricks other than some random thoughts. I'll avoid non-tagged major spoilers of specific outcome-revealing details, but there will probably be dancing around general plot points of the bo
Tough Critic Book Reviews
This was another read in which I was doused with reader hype before I had a chance to pick it up. When that's the case, I try not to expect much. Actually, I prefer to enter a book with little to no expectations. Expectations tend to taint my experience. However, if you look up synonyms for taint you'll find the word infect. There is no doubt that I was infected by Ten Tiny Breaths from the very first moment.

What blew my mind was that this book was a fast paced easy read despite the trauma, hea
Whitney Atkinson
Dec 28, 2015 Whitney Atkinson rated it did not like it
This book was a fucking mess. There was NOTHING about it that I enjoyed. The main character was a bitch, the entire book's premise was unrealistic and disgusting, the romance was dry, rushed, and unrealistic, there was slut shaming, etc. NOTHING in this book made sense. I am appalled someone read this and went "!!!! wow!!!!! let's publish this!!!!!" the storyline was so predictable and cheesy and the relationship was SO gross and toxic, and the entire construction of this book was a trainwreck. ...more
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
"Just breathe," my mom would say.
"Ten tiny breaths...Seize them.
Feel them.Love them."

description

Ten Tiny Breaths follows Kasey’s journey as she goes through the stages of her life.

Stage One-Comfortably Numb
Stage Six-Withdrawal
Stage Seven-Breakdown
Stage Eight-Recovery
Stage Nine-Forgiveness

After a tragic accident that took the lives of her parents,best friend and boyfriend Kacey changed!Before she was a sweet g
Pearl Angeli
I've just read another phenomenal book!

description

I picked Ten Tiny Breaths because of its postive reviews on Goodreads and I'm so happy that I made a great decision. It did not disappoint. The story was handled and delivered well by the author.

Ten Tiny Breaths tells us a story about the main character Kacey Cleary whose life has changed ever since the day her parents, her boyfriend, and her bestfriend died in a car accident. It's the accident where she was the only one who survived. When she and her siste
kristina
Seize them...
Feel them...
Love them...”

Breath

How many deaths can you bear before you get drowned?

Will you ever recover from your past?

Kacey

Kacey lost her parents , her best friend and her boyfriend in a car accident.Since then she was living at her aunt's house .
After an incident Kacey decided that it wasn't safe for her and her sister to live there and they ran away.
They moved to a new town.
They started a new life.

"Our pasts isnt who we are.I'm me and you are
Lucia
Jun 12, 2013 Lucia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ppb, 5-stars-read
My Kacey and Trent:

"The blue floors, the rusty old machines, the walls, everything around me vanishes under the weight if his gaze as it strips me of my protective bitch coat, yanking it clean off my body, levaing me bare and vulnerable in second."

After tragical death of Kacey's dearest ones and after her younger sister was almost molested by their uncle, Kacey decides to act as Livie's guardian and run away with her to Miami to start over again. But after everything Kacey had to go through, s
"That's All" Ash
“Just breathe,” my mom would say. “Ten tiny breaths…Seize them. Feel them. Love them.”

photo tumblr_m952296nQL1r4lizeo1_500.gif

What the hell does a tiny breath do? Why not a deep breath? Why not three or five or twenty? I’d scream and she’d simply smile her little smile. I didn’t understand then.

I do now.

photo 17278200.jpg

This isn’t your average love story.

This isn’t about how a beautiful girl meets the beautiful boy and then they go off into the sunset and live a beautiful life.

You’re going to cry. And you’re going to scream. And you’re going
Rose
Initial reaction: I think most people know from my status updates on this that I didn't like this book, but I think reflecting upon the work on a number of different levels, it's more than just one element or the measure that this fell into many New Adult cliches. This book really got under my skin on how poorly it was written, how poorly it treats some very weighted, but very real issues (PTSD, depression, etc.) and how it manipulates dramatic scenarios to the point that none of it felt real. T ...more
Jenny Levine
Dec 07, 2012 Jenny Levine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
“Just breathe,”
“Ten tiny breaths…
Love them.”

Ten Tiny Breaths is about Kacey Cleary and the Stages of her Life

Stage One ~ Comfortably Numb
After a tragic drunk driving accident that took the lives of her parents, best friend, and boyfriend, Kacey became an Ice Queen.
Before Kacey was a sweet girl. Her irises shined when she laughed. She had tons of friends, and she snuck in hugs and kisses and handholding with her boyfriend whenever she could. But that Ka
Angela
May 20, 2016 Angela rated it did not like it
How to start... How to start... Ok so Ten Tiny Breaths follows the story of Kacey Cleary, a girl who is trying to get her life back on track after a traumatic accident. Shortly after which, her and her sister move to live with her aunt and uncle. After that fails they decided to run away and move to Florida. I was drawn too this story for two reasons... The cover and the ratings. Almost everyone I'm friends with on GRs gave it 4 stars or higher... Which I'm kind of confused about.

The characters
Smitten's Book Blog

My Kacey and Trent

Fantastic book! I was in a huge book hangover from my last read and I was worried that whatever I read next would be difficult, but Ten Tiny Breaths was just what I needed.

It was a really easy read. I flew through it in about twelve hours and it was relatively pain free.

The characters were great. Trent was impossible not to fall in love with from the very beginning. He was sexy and seductive, with his panty dropping laundromat introductions... I was hooked.

I think I'm going t
Kristalia
Final rating: 4.75/5 stars

“I want to make you smile. For real. Always. We’re going to go for dinners, and see movies, and walk on the beach. We’ll go hang-gliding, or bungee jumping, or whatever you want to do. Whatever makes you smile and laugh more.” His fingers toy with my bottom lip. “Let me make you smile.”

Wow. Wow. Wow. At first, i wasn't impressed with this book. I didn't connect with the main character - in fact, she pissed me off. I didn't find the story interesting, felt that it ne
Ophelia's Book Blog
: description

Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker

"I want to make you smile. For real. Always. We’re going to go for dinners, see movies, and walk on the beach. We’ll go hang-gliding, or bungee jumping, or whatever you want to do. Whatever makes you smile and laugh more. Let me make you smile."

This book was recommended to me by so many readers and everyone was raving about it, it had so much hype surrounding it. When I decided to see what the fuss was about I naturally had high expectations that I tried really
Jennifer Kyle
”Ten tiny breaths...Seize them. Feel them. Love them.”

In an attempt not to swoon all over this review (I LOVED everything about this book!!!) or give anything away, I'll try to keep it simple.

This story takes you on a journey to Miami with Kacey and her sister, Livie. We take each step with Kacey as she slowly walks through her grief and numbness to living and feeling.

”I’m not Kacey Cleary anymore. I’m an empty shell who cracks inappropriate jokes and feels nothing. I’m a Kacey imposter.” ~
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Reread September 2014

Right from the start you're thrown into some heavy nightmare that turns out to be the reality of what happened to Kacey. She was involved in a car wreck that took the lives of her parents, her boyfriend and her best friend. The grief is so thick and so all consuming that I couldn't understand how Kacey could function. The ball was really dropped as far as getting her some help that she desperately needed and that begins the process.

It was interesting to see the things tha
Michelle
Oct 16, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: made-me-cry
5 Stars!
Loved this book! I was up all night reading this one because I needed to finish it.

“Take ten tiny breaths. Seize them. Feel them. Love them.”

That's what Kacey's mom used to tell her to do when things got tough. Kacey doesn't understand whatever her mom was trying to tell her. Nothing will help her right now. Ten tiny breaths are defiantly not going to make things better. Kacey is fine being the mean, angry and sarcastic girl. She doesn't need or want anything in her life except her sist
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ (of BADGER and Snake)

DNF

I just can't. I can't I can't I can't anymore.

-Dumb shit heroine.
-horrid writing (which I suspected but wanted a tortured male lead)
-stupid story line.

Need I say more ? No, really, I could list 50 more reasons....but why waste time. I'm reading a MUCH better story, and it has a ton of cliches (on purpose). Come on now. This book. Just UGH! The sad thing is, I knew better.

For more of my reviews, please visit:

Annie Brewer
WOW. Let me get my emotions together before I write this review. But damn, this was absolutely amazing!!!!!! Epic. Perfect. Love love love it!!!!!

Review coming soon!

Ten Tiny Breaths....

photo girldrowning1_zps37c6864c.jpg

photo justbreathe_zpscbb2a8b3.jpg

Ten. Tiny. Breaths.

One...Two...Three...Four...Five...Six...Seven...Eight...Nine...Ten

Love them.

Wow, I am still in awe of this book. Amazing doesn't describe my feelings, not even close. So excuse my mumbling because this book had me all kinds of emotional.

We all know how drunk driving can ef
Mo
Jun 02, 2013 Mo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow - must say this one was very good. So many talented new authors out there now. Saw where it was going to go while reading it but still did not take away anything from the story. Loved the main characters. Poor Kacey, trying to be a tough nut. Trent, what's not to love about him and of course the extended "family" - Storm, Mia .... Think we might get Livie's story at some stage - Hopefully. It was sad, happy, funny, sad but it got there in the end. Just breathe!

Catarina
4,5 Broken Stars

Kacey lost her parents, boyfriend and best-friend in a car accident due to a drunken driver. The ghosts from that day still haunt her.
After that she and her little sister, Olivia, had to go live with their aunt and uncle, their abusive assholes only family members.
Those are the other ghosts in her life.
Haunted by her past and now by her present Kacey can’t breathe... so when she sees her uncle going into her sister bedroom she decides it’s time to go. To be free and able to br
Duchess Nicole
This book showed so much promise. I admired the hell out of Kacey for taking her sister Livie away from the disaster of a home life they were living. After the car wreck that killed nearly everyone important to Kacey, her religious fanatic aunt and her pervy uncle take the sisters in. When the girls finally take off, they move far away, to the sunny beaches of Florida to start a new life.

Kacey only wants what is best for her sister, and she knows that she herself is too messed up in the head to
♥Rachel♥
Sep 03, 2014 ♥Rachel♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
4.5 Stars

Ten Tiny Breaths was more than just your average New Adult read, to me. It was about survival, healing, and moving on. Add a very sweet romance full of build-up and longing, and you have the makings of a perfect read for me!

Kacey and Livie have fled Michigan for Florida taking a long bus ride away from their aunt and uncle, their guardians after their uncle makes a play for fifteen year old Livie (pervert!). Kacey and Livie were in their care after a drunk driver killed their parents,
  • Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness, #2)
  • I Love You to Death (I Love You, #1)
  • A Song for Julia (Thompson Sisters, #1)
  • Into the Hollow (Experiment in Terror, #6)
  • Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark, #2)
  • The Final Piece
  • Sempre (Forever, #1)
  • Thief (Love Me with Lies, #3)
  • Going Under
  • Vain (The Seven Deadly, #1)
  • Leo
  • Façade (Games, #2)
  • Ruining You (Ruining, #2)
  • Waiting for You (Waiting for You, #1)
  • The Sea of Tranquility
  • Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1)
  • The Sweet Gum Tree
  • In the Stillness
Born in small-town Ontario, K.A. Tucker published her first book at the age of six with the help of her elementary school librarian and a box of crayons.

She currently resides in a quaint town outside of Toronto with her husband, two beautiful girls, and a Chug.
More about K.A. Tucker...

Ten Tiny Breaths (4 books)
  • One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2)
  • Four Seconds to Lose (Ten Tiny Breaths, #3)
  • Five Ways to Fall (Ten Tiny Breaths, #4)

“Just breathe. Ten tiny breaths … Seize them. Feel them. Love them.” 463 likes
“I don't hate you. I could never hate you. Give me your heart, Kacey. I'll take everything that comes with it.” 235 likes