Start by marking “It's Probably Nothing...*: *Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love My Implants” as Want to Read:

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  8 reviews
WHAT TO DO WHEN CANCER STRIKES? As a vibrant woman in her late thirties, a mother of two, poet, artist, and teacher, Micki Myers decided to confront her diagnosis head on with the sharpest tools in her arsenal: namely, her sense of humor and unbridled poetic license.

The result is a charming, poignant, laugh-out-loud collection that hits all the highs (morphine) and lows (
Published October 1st 2013 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about It's Probably Nothing...*, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Probably Nothing...*

The Cost of Hope by Amanda   BennettCancer Schmancer by Fran DrescherThe Cancer Survivors Club by Chris GeigerCrazy Sexy Cancer Tips by Kris CarrCancer Vixen by Marisa Acocella Marchetto
Funny Books About Cancer
6th out of 30 books — 38 voters
Anticancer by David Servan-SchreiberAutistic blessings and Bipolar me. by E.J. PlowsDying to Be Me by Anita MoorjaniMEDICAL INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX by James MorcanWishes Fulfilled by Wayne W. Dyer
Cancer
20th out of 28 books — 23 voters

More lists with this book...

Peggy
So when you click on five stars it says, "It was amazing." Those aren't the words I would use unless I continued the sentence. "It was amazing that Micki Myers could write poems about having breast cancer that made me laugh out loud and want to share the poems with anyone in my vicinity." Which folks can vouch I have been doing this week. I also laughed aloud on the bus. Now I confess that I have not had breast cancer so it may seem unfair for me to find this book so funny. However, I have accom ...more
Roz Warren
Light Verse. Tough Topic.

Give a clever and acerbic 40ish poet a breast cancer diagnosis and what do you get? “It’s Probably Nothing…Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love My Implants,” a harrowing yet engaging new collection of poems about breast cancer.

Micki Myers is a poet, blogger, teacher and mom, born in London but currently living and teaching in Pittsburgh. “Having survived a particularly vicious bout of breast cancer,” she writes, “I emerged with new fake boobs and a determination
Stacy
*I won an advanced uncorrected proof of this book from the Goodreads First Reads giveaway.*

It's Probably Nothing was a really good book. I loved the format of it: poems that, together, formed a memoir. Micki Myers' humor was admirable. I highly recommend this memoir. It is a quick read, and it is so honest and touching. I cannot wait to read the finished version.
Jo
I never thought a memoir about a cancer patient could possibly be funny, but Micki Myers proved me wrong. Her honest, down-to-earth, politically incorrect attitude toward her situation tells the world she isn’t going down without a fight. This is a good read about a hard subject. Cancer patients and those who love them will appreciate this book.
Beverly
got this book as a goodreads giveaway. This is a book of poems about surviving the whirlwind of cancer therapy and loosing your boobs. Having been thru this myself, I found these poems uplifting in spirit, especially about the weekly visits to get pumped up ( I called mine hockey pucks). I like her "Yeah, I survived it" pluck, especially from one so young.
Dianna
Everyone should take some time to read this. The memoir in poems format is beautiful.
Melanie Page
Review now up at Grab the Lapels!

Here is an excerpt:

My negative feelings about these descriptive poems stemmed from the fact that they were more truth that I wanted to know. Such truth is a strength of the collection, though, as not knowing about things that can hurt doesn’t benefit me in any way. Claiming the poems are funny, however, made me ill-prepared for the serious nature of the collection.
Bailey Myers
Dec 01, 2014 Bailey Myers rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Cancer patients, survivors and family members
Shelves: funny-memoirs, 2014
An interesting collection of poems composed by Micki Myers that recount her cancer diagnosis, treatment and remission. I commend Micki for her courage and sense of humor during this dark time. I would not really consider this collection "humorous", but it does take a deeper look into cancer treatment with a positive, laugh-because-she-can't-cry kind of attitude. Definitely an interesting read for anyone, not just necessarily for patients and survivors.
Savi
Savi marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Magdalena
Magdalena marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Phoebe
Phoebe marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Elena
Elena marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Vicki Dee
Vicki Dee marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Lori Rosen
Lori Rosen marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Ellen
Ellen marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I am a writer originally from England who has lived and worked in the United States for 25 years. I taught poetry and literature at the University of Pittsburgh for many years before venturing into blogging.

My first book, Trigger Finger, won the Pearl Poetry Prize and considers what happens when we snap moments in time, as with a camera, a remote control, or a gun.

At age 39 I discovered I had br
More about Micki Myers...
Trigger Finger