Start by marking “Primal Instincts (Moonlight Breed #10)” as Want to Read:
Primal Instincts (Moonlight Breed #10)

Primal Instincts (The Moonlight Breed #10)

[Siren Everlasting Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, elves, vampires, werewolves, sex in partially shifted form, public exhibition, sex toys, HEA]

He can’t cure world hunger, negotiate peace in the Middle East, or even toast bread without burning it. Yet, for some reason, Elder Layke Winters is expected to have all the answers, and it’s beyond exh
Published March 14th 2013 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Primal Instincts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Primal Instincts

Tina
Jul 18, 2013 Tina rated it it was amazing
I love all of Ms Evans' Moonlight Breed books and could not wait to read this one, and I can say it lived up to all my expectations, sadness, love and laughter.

When you are introduced to Layke, you can see that he is a strong person who thinks of his race above everything else. He always worries about everyone except himself, but for once, would like for people to just treat him as anyone else and not view him as someone to solve all problems as soon as he walk into a room. Then there is Aspen,
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Death is a very real part of their world? In the last book they said elves are nearly immortal except for age one assumes.

20 years old? Seriously? What is with the ginormous age gaps?!

why isn't Layke explaining what's going on? aspen thinks there's something wrong with him.

Sometes Latke speaks quite formally and then he says something like "c'mon."

Another new location for the series. This series is unusual that way where there are a few books set in a location and then a few characters move t
Hc Lynn
I totally loved the mystery of Aspen! Not only is it a confusing conundrum but breathed new life into the series in my opinion.

From the moment they meet, Aspen has conflicting reactions to mate Layke. Layke has never heard of a demon having the sudden onset of issues that Aspen starts displaying. Since Layke only had a week until he was required to be back for Council business, he asks Aspen to accompany him back while he gets his affairs in order so they can decide where they want to permanentl
blub
3.5ish

There's not too much going on in this book. The main focus is Layke and Aspen's developing relationship and the discovery of how far the evil experiments have gone and what has been done to Aspen.

The mystery of Aspen's origin made this a fun read and kept readers guessing. I loved the little injected humor at Layke and Aspen's first intimate encounter, it had me wanting more.
~SexyBookWorm~
May 13, 2013 ~SexyBookWorm~ rated it liked it
I have to say. .. this wasn't my favorite. for some reason I just wasn't super interested in Layke and Aspen and their relationship. I felt like their relationship just kind ofhappened. . then just was. It was one of those stories that propelled the series but didn't necessarily focus much on the current couple. It wasn't bad I just couldn't get into the couple and their story much.
Angela
Apr 22, 2013 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters
The mystery surrounding Aspen was excellent. I really enjoyed making my own guesses as to his origin. The couple were perfect together. Layke always having to be the somber responsible one, mated to a fun loving little imp. It's exactly what he needed. It was really nice to just focus on a couple and not some larger story encroaching on their time together.
Lilladii
Mar 31, 2015 Lilladii rated it it was ok
I don't even know. This did absolutely nothing for me. I was positively bored. At which one point I skipped the sex scenes because they were boring. The characters were boring. The story was boring. And to finish it off finding out what Aspen eventual was, was boring.

I will rate this a 2 star.
Vinga
Vinga rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2013
Ivy
Ivy rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2013
Brandy
Brandy rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2014
Arysa
Arysa rated it really liked it
May 17, 2015
Laura rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2016
Erticchic378
Erticchic378 rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2013
Demetra Roussakis
Demetra Roussakis rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2013
Dina
Dina rated it liked it
May 13, 2013
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2014
Brittany
Brittany rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2015
Carrie
Carrie rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2013
Marissa
Marissa rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2013
Joan
Joan rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Julie
Julie rated it it was ok
May 11, 2014
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2014
Readsalot
Readsalot rated it liked it
May 09, 2013
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2013
Laurie
Laurie rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Isha
Isha rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2014
Kiesha
Kiesha rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2014
E
E rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2013
  • Wolf's Bane (True Blood Mate #5)
  • Dracones
  • The Kayan's Mage (Hunter Clan #1)
  • Bite Me  (sHarmony Shifters #1)
  • Sweet Delight (Brac Village #1)
  • The Holy Trinity (The Wolves of Gardwich #1)
  • An Impossible Mate (Strength of the Pack #1)
  • Kallen's Atonement (Lost Shifters #25)
  • Broken Bridges
  • Out of the Shadows (West Wind Pack #1)
Gabrielle Evans grew up in a small town in southern Oklahoma. We’re talking one red light that may or may not work depending on the day of the week. She married her high school sweetheart and the rest is pretty much history. They have two very active boys and one high-strung wiener dog that keeps her constantly on the go. For now, Gabrielle parks her car in north-central Texas, but who knows what ...more
More about Gabrielle Evans...

The Moonlight Breed (10 books)
  • Leap of Faith (Moonlight Breed #1)
  • By the Light of the Moon (Moonlight Breed #2)
  • Whispers in the Night (Moonlight Breed #3)
  • Softly Spoken Lies (Moonlight Breed #4)
  • Endless Midnight (Moonlight Breed #5)
  • Let the Rain Come Down (Moonlight Breed #6)
  • From This Moment (Moonlight Breed #7)
  • Leap in the Dark (Moonlight Breed #8)
  • Jaded (Moonlight Breed #9)