Start by marking “Doctor, Soldier, Daddy” as Want to Read:
Doctor, Soldier, Daddy

Doctor, Soldier, Daddy (Doctors MacDowell #1)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  14 reviews
An army physician on a mission needs a mother for his child—and plain Jane Kendry Harrison is just what the doctor ordered, in the first book in debut author Caro Carson's miniseries, The Doctors MacDowell!

Dashing soldier Jamie MacDowell needs a mother for his infant son, stat! And while the handsome M.D. has no shortage of candidates, he lets his baby b
Published August 20th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor, Soldier, Daddy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor, Soldier, Daddy

Lorelei's
A sweet, heartwarming and Cinderella-style romance with a happily ever after!♥
While discovering debuting authors, I'm always eager, cautious and intrigued with what to expect. Frankly, I had more butterflies and anticipation in the romantic scenes in "Doctor, Soldier, Daddy" than I expected, and that was really a nice surprise. There were some very swoon-worthy kisses... *sigh!* I thought even though it starts with a marriage of convenience, it ends with a happily ever after that made me smile.
Susan
Jamie had fallen for an Afghani woman while deployed. When she died in childbirth he knew he needed to get the baby to the US in a hurry. He fudged some of the paperwork and knew there could be problems later. He wanted to make sure he had a wife so that he could show a stable home life if needed. Since he was still mourning Amina he wasn't looking for love, just the best he could find as a mother for Sam. He finds that in Kendry, a hospital orderly who has a real connection with Sam. So he prop ...more
Jeanie Jackson
LOVED IT! I discovered Caro Carson through Texas Romance Week celebration on Facebook hosted by the lovely Kelsey Browning. I admired CC’s background as a West Point graduate and loved her sense of humor and apparent kindness. Shortly after she introduced herself online I was fascinated enough to check out her published books and mark them for purchase on my wishlist. You can imagine my delight when I won a copy of not one but two of books in her Harlequin Special Edition series, The Doctors Mac ...more
Dylan Newton
Don't miss this book--a rich, poignant, modern read that's a "keeper"!

I don't typically read Harlequin, as they tend to be shorter than I prefer my books (and lighter on the character development), but Caro Caron's "Doctor, Sodier, Daddy" was a pleasant exception to that rule!

The story features Kendry, a modern, down-on-her-luck heroine who meets a scrumptious, single, soldier, Dr. Jamie MacDowell, while caring for his ill infant son. Typically, when authors tackle military and medicine, it come
Cathy
“Doctor, Soldier, Daddy” by Caro Carson. I enjoyed this book more than I expected to, to be honest. At times, it actually made me cry. The heroine, Kendry, was trying so hard to survive and was so proud, it was a bit heartbreaking when things seemed to be against her always. The Hero, Jamie, was a gentleman trying to protect his son and saw Kendry as the only way to do that.
It was fun to watch the relationship progress and the growth of both characters. I did wonder whatever happened to Kendry’
Megan Kelly
FANTASTIC. This is a debut author whose next book I eagerly await. The heroine, Kendry, lives one step up from poverty, works with her whole heart as an orderly, and pursues her plans of being a nurse. She doesn't whine about her circumstances and deals with setbacks. While the title and thrust of the story might lead one to think it's Jamie's story, I was just as involved in Kendry's future. Don't get me wrong: Jamie won my heart as the soldier who returned to the States with the boy he hopes i ...more
Dorel
This is the 1st book I read by Caro Carson. This book's storyline is good. I liked Jamie's character. I applaud Jamie's character for being a single dad & military doctor both jobs have to be very tough. I thought Jane's character was very caring. This is a good story to make you respect our military does for our country.
Diane
The first of a short series. Typical plot in which poor but beautiful girl falls for a man who seemingly will never return her feelings.
Dena
I loved this heartwarming story from start to finish. I couldn't put it down and stayed up until the early hours reading it. I draws you in and makes you feel the heartbreak as well as the love. Total Cindererella story. Can't wait for the others. You could feel the characters love and angst ovet the feelings that they had for each other. Bonded by a common bond tbese two found the HEA everyone deserves.
Marcy
There wasn't anything about this story I didn't like...except that it ended. :) The characters were wonderful, the story details were unique, and it touched my heart. I'm glad there are two more books in 'The Doctors MacDowell' trilogy for me to read.
Debbie
Great new author. This book had me crying, laughing and cheering. I really enjoyed Kendry and Jamie's story.
Looking forward to the next book in the trilogy!
Susandalley2006hotmail.com
This was quite a surprise. I enjoyed this much more than I expected. The main characters were fun and who doesn't like a cute Cinderella story.
Harlequin Books
Received 4 stars @ RT Book Reviews
Miniseries: The Doctors MacDowell
Category: Home and Family
Myra Wardhana
A bit too lengthy and dragging, but okay enough to keep me going to the end.
Charlene Louis
Charlene Louis marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Darrell Eberly
Darrell Eberly marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Suchanangel
Suchanangel marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Christine Croke
Christine Croke marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Despite a no-nonsense background as a West Point graduate and U.S. Army officer, Caro Carson has always treasured the happily-ever-after of a good romance novel. After reading romances no matter where in the world the Army sent her, Caro began a career in the pharmaceutical industry. Little did she know the years she spent discussing science with physicians would provide excellent story material f ...more
More about Caro Carson...
The Bachelor Doctor's Bride The Doctor's Former Fiancee Not Just a Cowboy A Texas Rescue Christmas A Texas Rescue Christmas (Mills & Boon Cherish) (Texas Rescue - Book 2)