SEAL Under Siege

SEAL Under Siege (Men of Valor #2)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  29 reviews
SHE'S NOT SAFE YET

When Staci Hayes is rescued from a Mideast prison by navy SEAL Tristan Sawyer, she thinks the ordeal is over. But back in San Diego, a new threat arises. Staci has information that could prevent a hit on U.S. soil, and the terrorist will stop at nothing to silence her. Tristan insists on being her bodyguard, but his constant presence makes her l...more
Published September 3rd 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about SEAL Under Siege, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SEAL Under Siege

Chautona Havig
I want to start off with saying something I've never said about Liz Johnson's book. She writes for "Love Inspired." I would normally never have picked up a book with this title on it. However, I received one of her books to review years ago and loved it. So, even had she not sent me this one for review, I would have purchased it.

And... I would not have regretted it. In similar style to her previous books A Promise to Protect and the FBI Special Agent Series, Seal Under Siege is packed with suspe...more
Brittany
You can read this and other reviews on my blog at www.brittreadsfiction.wordpress.com.

Seal Under Siege is an amazing book! It begins with a tense rescue operation and never lets up. There is action and danger all through the book, with healthy doses of attraction between the two main characters.

And, oh man, is there attraction between these characters! But, one of the best things about this book is that fact that BOTH of the characters have big issues in their past that make them feel that they...more
Title: SEAL UNDER SIEGE
Author: Liz Johnson
Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense
September 2013
ISBN: 978-0373445547
Genre: Romantic Suspense

SHE'S NOT SAFE YET

Tristan insists on being her bodyguard, but his constant presence makes her lo...more
Melanie
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R9DJVXKG...
Review on my blog (to be posted 9/29): http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

SEAL Under Siege is the second book I've read by Liz Johnson and another great suspense read. I really liked the characters and loved how Matt and Ashley (from A Promise to Protect) were in this book a lot - it was neat to see what was going on in their lives.

The plot to SEAL Under Siege was very interesting and the story held my attention. There were a lot of...more
Gregory Bellarmine
Read this in one sitting so I'll definitely be on the lookout for more of Johnson's books. Without giving away details, I found both characters endearing and the romance believable, with each one's personal issues being credibly resolved in order to make Staci & LT genuinely compatible mates.

I also appreciated that the suspense plot wasn't exaggerated with excessive explosions etc, which is a temptation to which many authors of Romantic Suspense fall prey. "When in doubt blow something up!"

T...more
Melissa
This was an excellent mystery on which Tristan and Staci work together to figure out a terrorist plot on American soil. Well worth the read.
Kathleen Kelly
SEAL Under Siege, book 2 in the Men of Valor series is the story of a woman who is rescued by Navy Seals from a mideastern prison..Staci Hayes had been doing some volunteer work with an elderly couple when they were all imprisoned. She is rescued by a team of Navy Seals, led by Tristan Sawyer and is returned to the US. Upon returning home she feels that she is being followed and knows that the local police would not necessarily believe her so she contacts Tristan. Thus starts the beginning of a...more
Cindy
Wanted to rate it 4-1/2 but it wouldn't let me. The book starts right in the thick of the action. Navy seals making a daring rescue right under the noses of the terrorists. Stealthily helping 2 innocent victims out a 2nd story window right next door to the terrorists while finding out the 3rd victim is elsewhere in the building makes Tristan feel like he's going to possibly let another innocent woman down if they can't find her. Suddenly the terrorists make their way towards the room where Trist...more
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
Staci Hayes knew that once the Navy SEALS rescued her from Lybania the threat on her life didn't end there. Now if she can only find the one person who might be able to help her, the only person who might believe that she isn't suffering from the effects of PTSD that everyone else thinks is plaguing her, the one man whose blue eyes she looked into the night he saved her. Yet how could she find him again. She didn't even know his name, just that his team referred to him as L.T.

Once a rescue missi...more
Cgirl
Seal Under Siege started really great so I thought boy this book is going to be action packed. Well here is the rub so to speak at the point in the story where there could be an actual story the author glosses over the drama in her plot faster than her readers can say boo. I didn't know that this was a clean romance with Christian themes before I read it but I saw it on Good Reads and I'm a fan of SEAL Team books. This was one of the bad ones. However compelling the beginning of the story was wi...more
Jodie Wolfe
Staci Hayes, just rescued from a Middle Eastern prison by a team of Navy SEALS, thinks she's safe when she is back home on American soil. She has information of a potential terrorist attack and can't convince any government offices to take the threat seriously. Her only hope lies with one of her rescuers.

Tristan Sawyer is dedicated to his job as a Navy SEAL. When Staci shows up at his office to convince him to look into the threat, he's torn between keeping professional distance as required by h...more
Tiffany
I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway. It's pretty much what you would expect--an easy, just-enough-of-a-temporary-distraction, fast read. However, there are several things in the book that were off-putting. First of all, throughout the first half of the book, there was far too much emphasis on Tristan's appearance. (Some form of the word 'sinew' was used many times.) In the last part of the book, Tristan suddenly became depicted as an incredibly religious person, making it seem espe...more
Jeanette
Dawn Leonard
he characters and the storyline in Seal under Siege are very real. You want to protect Staci as much as Tristan does. Great mystery that has closure. I look forward to reading more books by Liz Johnson.
June
A rescue mission is successful until the rescued Staci Hayes shows up to tell Tristan Sawyer about the things she heard and saw before her rescue. Now they have to figure out what it all means and who is betraying their country to the terrorists.

Tristan knows he's not supposed to have contact with someone from a mission but when Staci shows up with evidence that something is about to go down, he'll do anything in his power to protect her and find out what has been planned.

Really enjoyed this pa...more
John Hanscom
Actually more like 4 1/2, but Goodreads won't let me do that. This is one of the best "love inspired suspense" novels that I have read, and I have read a lot of them since my wife got me "hooked." It does have the standard romance formula (boy and girl meet, trouble ensues, boy and girl become an "item"), but one cannot criticize a book of this genre for being of the genre. Were it not, it would be in another genre. The excitement of this book begins right from the beginning and maintains throug...more
Alison
In the Christian romance genre this definitely deserves 4 stars. Very sweet, not quite great.
Kristi
I loved this series. Reminded me of the Dee Henderson's Uncommon Heroes series!
Gabrielle
Someone was trying to bomb Staci when she was over sea's now she is scared for her life and doesn't know what to do. She doesn't really have anyone that she can trust other than the man that rescued her from the prison overseas, Tristan Sawyer. She comes back and stays with him and meets a woman that she is jealous of which is his sister who is pregnant. Staci cannot have children but she still manages to find someone to love forever and his name is Tristan.
Angela
I loved this book it was very well written. Once I got started reading it I couldn't put it down. I loved the characters...and how they interacted with each other. I will be buying several more books by this very talented author and all of this series as they come out. I'm looking forward to reading more of this series. I got it for free on goodreads..for entering in a giveaway.
Elizabeth Maddrey
I look forward to every new release by Liz Johnson and this did not disappoint (and I was super happy to get an advance copy from her so I didn't have to wait til September.) This is the story of Tristan (Ashley's brother, if you recall her first SEAL book - but you don't need to have read it to enjoy this one.)
Katie
Does anyone know the rest of the books that go along with this mini series?
William Malone
I normally do not read "Romance" or Love Inspired books, but I was lucky enough to get this one in in the free giveaway! I felt obligated to read it, but was actually surprised that I enjoyed it and was quite pleased with the story. Nice job mis Johnson!
Mesa Brewer
It was so good. You always think of Navy SEAL books to be highly inappropriate but this one was so uplifting and hopeful. I love how the characters depended on God when they knew they couldn't do it themselves.
Barbara Andrews
its a mystery and love story best kind of story. Received thru Goodreads first read.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Men of Valor
Category: Inspirational Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Men of Valor
Category: Inspirational Romance
Melissa
Good, quick, easy read. Pretty good mystery.
Viola
Viola added it
Sep 15, 2014
  • Trinity: Military War Dog (A Breed Apart, # 1)
  • The Missing Monarch (Reclaiming the Crown #4)
  • Warning Signs (Stepping Stones Island #1)
  • Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Unit #4)
  • Stolen Identity
  • Critical Condition
  • Guarding the Witness (Guardians, Inc., #5)
  • The Husband Hunt (Smoky Mountain Matches, #4)
  • The Survivor (Crime Scene: Houston, #2)
  • Unforeseeable (Road to Kingdom #3)
  • Undercover Pursuit (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #243)
  • Safe by the Marshal's Side (Witness Protection)
  • Top Secret Identity
  • Journey's Embrace
  • Final Resort
  • Serafina and the Silent Vampire (Serafina's, #1)
  • A Texas-Made Match
A Promise to Protect Vanishing Act (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #209) The Kidnapping of Kenzie Thorn Stolen Memories Code of Justice (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #237)