Start by marking “Ring in a Teacup” as Want to Read:
Ring in a Teacup

Ring in a Teacup

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  225 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
He seemed to be everywhere

Published September 3rd 2013 by Harlequin (first published April 1979)

To ask other readers questions about Ring in a Teacup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ring in a Teacup

Kay
Feb 28, 2015 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
4 Stars ~ Lucy's first meeting with the Professor is one that both would remember always. After a busy night shift on the Children's Ward, she'd been required to attend the Professor's lecture before getting any sleep, so sitting in the front row, his calm and pleasant voice like a lullaby, Lucy fell asleep. And when the Professor called upon her to answer a question about his lecture, Lucy opened her brilliant green eyes that sparkled and told the truth, that she had been sleeping. Lucy's the y ...more
Susan in NC
Sep 01, 2016 Susan in NC rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet, early Betty Neels romance; I think I've only read this one once before, years ago, but will reread again.

This one has all the delightful Betty elements we fans count on for a fast, comforting read: strong, practical, charming but plain young heroine, check; handsome, older Dutch doctor, check; funny meet-cute scene to set the (clean) sparks flying, check; lovely country weekends at home with a warm and loving family for Lucy, the parson's daughter, check, and luxurious meals, travel and
Lyn
Aug 27, 2012 Lyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a Betty Neels fan. I love her distinctly English period (mid-20th century)romances. Since Betty Neels married a Dutch doctor and was a nurse, I suppose no one should be surprised that ONCE AGAIN her heroine is a nurse and the hero is --you guessed it--a Dutch doctor (a nice successful and rich one too). The richest kind--as in the old coffee commercial. I'm not one for writing or reading many stories with alpha male heroes, which are Betty's favorite. But I do often write Waif heroines. This ...more
Teri-k
Fun story in which the nurse is a student, daughter of a parson, with a quite likable family. The RDD is actually a pretty nice guy, for a Neels book. There's a blizzard and an expectant mother thrown in for fun.
Livia
Aug 27, 2012 Livia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I first read this book in April 1979 but the system is not accepting the date. I guess it was much to long ago, however I have read all of Betty Neels books. She's my favorite Harlequin author.
Allison
Why couldn't the hero just tell her he lived her when he proposed?
Pamela Shropshire
Nov 23, 2014 Pamela Shropshire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tgb
Clare
I laughed at how the h who was a nurse Lucy first met the H who was a professor Fraam when she was asleep in his lecture, I liked how they met again in Holland when she was visiting her friend who I wasn't too keen on but seeing as she wasn't much in the story it didn't bother me too much, I enjoyed how Fraam fell in love with Lucy but she was clueless throughout the story and I particularly like the blizzard plotline and how he came to be there at the right time.
What I didn't really get is why
Helen Manning
Mar 01, 2015 Helen Manning rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story of plain but beautiful inside Lucy meeting Fraam when she falls asleep in his lecture. They are antagonistic towards each other in typical Neel's fashion but there is rather more drama and adventure as well as insight into Lucy's insecurities. Fraam makes for a good RDD hero and Lucy is wonderful.
Li
Aug 23, 2014 Li rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So long since I’ve read a Betty Neel, but it’s still exactly what I expected. It’s the usual young nurse and Dutch surgeon pairing, with tropes a-plenty, but sometimes you just want a comfort read.
LaTara
Sep 11, 2012 LaTara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one. It was a little different than what I was expecting. When they locked her in the hotel room because she couldn't pay the bill...I literally laughed out loud. Hahaha. This is fluffy romance at it's best.
Patricia schmit
Jun 24, 2016 Patricia schmit rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Story

Lots going on to keep one glued to this book to see what will happen next. As usual, well written by Betty Neels.
S.M.
Jun 27, 2014 S.M. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A reminder of how stupid romance novels can be. At 75%, I mark this book as read.
Nell
Sep 29, 2008 Nell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely cosy read leaving you longing for a slap up tea and a handsome rich dutch surgeon.
Tonya Warner
Very sweet story.
Lynn Smith
An enjoyable read at the time.
Fiona Marsden
Oct 15, 2016 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like quick sweet romances
Recommended to Fiona by: Favourite Author
This has a great cute meet scene with plain student nurse Lucy falling asleep in the Professor's lecture after coming off night duty. Instead of being chastened at being caught dozing her temper flares and Fraam, our very handsome hero has his interest piqued.

After that, he turns up everywhere and as Lucy has a convenient Dutch uncle/Godfather, she even gets to run into him in Holland on his home turf. There is the usual confusion over all the pretty girls Fraam is dating including Mies, the dau
Monica Willyard
This is a refreshingly sweet romance about a plane girl studying to be a nurse who falls in love with a very special man. This author knows how to use characters, settings, and plot points effectively so she doesn't have to fall back on gratuitous sex and mushy dialogue. I very much appreciate that.
Cecilia
Oct 26, 2013 Cecilia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Back cover blurb:

HE SEEMED TO BE EVERYWHERE

It amazed Lucy how regularly Mr. der Linssen, the handsome Dutch doctor who taught one of her nursing classes, kept turning up in her life. She would bump into him at the hospital, at her home and even in Holland when she went on vacation. If only he knew she existed! But that wasn't likely, Lucy thought, since far prettier girls were obviously his for the asking….
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2010
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2013
Mona
Mona rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2014
Nancy Crayton
Nancy Crayton rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2015
Steb
Steb rated it it was ok
Feb 19, 2015
Lydia
Lydia rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Mom
Mom rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2016
B Butterfield
B Butterfield rated it it was ok
Nov 07, 2015
Dawn Davison Clements
Dawn Davison Clements rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2013
Marybelle
Marybelle rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • A Case of Poisons (Anthony Maxwell #1)
  • Shaman King, Vol. 6: Road Trip to Izumo
  • The Greek Boss's Bride
  • The Millionaire's Marriage
  • Their Wedding Day / Hari Perkawinan Mereka
  • Loving Miss Darcy (Brides of Pemberley, #2)
  • The Second Mrs Adams
  • Expecting the Playboy's Heir
  • Yang Hadir Kemudian / The Husband Assignment
  • Wife Against Her Will (Harlequin Presents, #2544)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Revenge
  • 3, 2, 1... Married!: Catch a Cowboy, Collide with a Single Daddy, Get Personal
  • Sinful Truths
  • The Greek's Royal Mistress (Princess Brides, #2)
  • Ayah Paro Waktu
Betty Neels was born on September 15, 1910 in Devon to a family with firm roots in the civil service. She said she had a blissfully happy childhood and teenage years.(This stood her in good stead later for the tribulations to come with the Second World War). She was sent away to boarding school, and then went on to train as a nurse, gaining her SRN and SCM, that is, State Registered Nurse and Stat ...more
More about Betty Neels...