Start by marking “Lost to the Desert Warrior (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #3)” as Want to Read:
Lost to the Desert Warrior (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #3)

Lost to the Desert Warrior (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #3)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  490 Ratings  ·  89 Reviews
"Walking into the lion's den unprotected, Princess?"

For Layla, princess of Tazkhan, her arranged marriage means one thing: a lifetime of cruelty and captivity. Such an unendurable prospect drives her to throw herself at the mercy of Sheikh Raz Al Zahki - her family's greatest enemy!

Raz demands one thing in return for the safe haven Layla is seeking - this brooding desert k

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #3171, 192 pages
Published August 20th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lost to the Desert Warrior, please sign up.

Ipshita Ranjana There might be a book about Layla's sister and Salem.I asked Sarah and she said she does not have any plans for the same in the near future but you…moreThere might be a book about Layla's sister and Salem.I asked Sarah and she said she does not have any plans for the same in the near future but you never know.She might write it *fingers crossed* :)(less)
To Touch a Sheikh by Olivia GatesThe Desert Lord's Baby by Olivia GatesTo Tame a Sheikh by Olivia GatesThe Desert King by Olivia GatesThe Desert Lord's Bride by Olivia Gates
Great Sheikh Romances
14th out of 70 books — 67 voters
Jane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëThese Old Shades by Georgette HeyerEmma by Jane AustenSense and Sensibility by Jane AustenWhat I Did For a Duke by Julie Anne Long
Hero much older than the heroine
47th out of 169 books — 83 voters

More lists with this book...

Jacqueline
Too many problems for me to rate this higher. It was like the people said one thing and did the exact opposite. The hero didn't want to marry her because he would always love his dead wife. But a week later, or it might have been 2 days later or 2 weeks later because time was all wonky in this thing, he is telling her they have something special and he had only turned out the light because he knew she was shy not because he couldn't bear to see that he was making love to the heroine and not his ...more
Jenny
Wow, this was a fantastic story. I adored the setting, the characters, the plot, everything! Layla is my ideal heroine. Her father was a tyrant but she is pure goodness and light. When he dies she escapes the palace with her little sister because she can't stand the prospect of her arranged marriage to a creepy evil sixty year old man. Desperation drives her to find Sheikh Raz Al Zahki her family's greatest enemy and propose him a marriage of convenience.

Even though Layla has lead a very shelte
Dalia
Aug 21, 2013 Dalia rated it really liked it
Once again Sarah Morgan proves that she is an amazing author. This book is beautifully written, the storyline compelling, the characters well developed, rich with emotions and complex feelings.
Layla is a sweet heroine. She lived a very sheltered life, her knowledge of the world has only been gained from books. She may appear quiet and shy but she is also practical and brave. After the death of her tyrant father, she is the one that went looking for Raz, the legitimate ruler of her coun
Lemon
Aug 03, 2013 Lemon rated it liked it
Aayesha Khatri
Firstly, thank you Jenny for recommending this book to me. You were right; I loved it!

Writing and plotline:5 stars
My own feelings about the book: 4.5 stars

Oh. Dear. God. I absolutely, positively loved loved loved this book. It was amazing!! I loved the plotline, I loved the characters, I loved the flow and I loved the marriage of convenience trope. I also loved how the author did not mention religion. I respect her for that. Respect and appreciate her.

First, I'll talk about the writing. She is a
Fiona Marsden
Aug 30, 2013 Fiona Marsden rated it it was amazing
You would think I'd have learned by now. Rule No. One is never start a Sarah Morgan book after midnight. Do not take a quick peak at the first page...do not even read the blurb because you will be sucked into the vortex of passion and romance contained in her books.

You probably have figured out by now I'm sitting here writing the review with bleary eyes after staying up until 2.30am to finish Lost to the Desert Warrior.

The story of Layla and Raz certainly dragged me in right from the start. Layl
Patty Pat
Aug 05, 2013 Patty Pat rated it it was amazing
Usually I write reviews once I finish reading a book and the words just come out of my mind if the book is very good, but Lost to the Desert Warrior, I did not finish the book but I think I can't wait to write a review.
Let me start with the cover page it so much looks like the princess came to the sheikh for help and the cover picture is amazing for the book which you have written.
Princess Layla is such a lovely character , she is such a sweet and innocent girl who does everything in her hand to
Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
Sep 26, 2013 Jennie - Webbweaver Reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-sheikhs
Oh my goodness - 25 Stars!!!!!
I loved this book.! Sarah Morgan is an amazing author and her stories and characters are always so well developed and loveable.

Layla is a young princess brought up in a cruel and loveless household. Running for her life - literally, she goes to Raz Al Zahki, the true ruler of her country from whom her father took the crown and Raz' wife. Layla suggests a marriage of political convenience but is totally unprepared for the emotional consequences.

Raz is one of the ho
Susan (susayq ~)

I'm just on a roll with my sheikhs. Raz was determined not too love again after his wife died at the hands of his enemy who stole his throne, and he never expected to love his enemy's daughter. But when Layla came to him in the middle of the night and proposed they marry to thwart the ambitions of her fathers friend and jerk, Raz fell deep. Layla's life had been horrible. I'm so glad Raz wanted to take care of her and make sure she was happy :)

all in all, a great way to spend a mornin
Dee

This one didn't quite get to 4 stars for me but was definitely higher than 3.5 and well worth reading. The heroine really stood out for me but I couldn't quite get over the fact that she seemed to be having a jolly time with her new husband whilst her sister was still missing :(

Full review to follow.......

ARC kindly provided by Harlequin via Netgalley
Aoi
Feb 04, 2014 Aoi rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, sheikh
We all talk about a heroine not knowing her own mind. But a hero..?

Sheikh Raz Al Zahki has vowed never to marry or love again, after the sudden death of his beloved wife. But a political marriage to Layla, princess of Tazkhan would give his people stability and fulfill his right to the throne. Unlike the twenty thousand marriage of convenience romances out there, he treats her extremely well. I can go far as saying, he is kind to her and tries being friends.

Errr.. but I can't believe in the U-tu
Sammy
Dec 08, 2014 Sammy rated it really liked it
Lovely Mills and Boons story

I rarely read Mills & boons , due to lots of reasons , too cliche , weak characters , not good story , etc etc ... But this one was highly recommended by my sister , so I gave it a shot ... & my i am so happy I did.

I loved the characters ...

The princess was so brave , not in your I-know-how-to-fight-with swords kinda brave , but more of I-am-scared-but-I-will-fight-for-my-sister kinda brave. She was the shy girl , but behind her shyness was the wisdom of he
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Jun 27, 2013 Eleanor (The Book Hammock) rated it really liked it
I've been waiting for what I like to call, a sheikh romance, for quite some time now. I've read a few, but none of them I could consider a good read.
Let me start by saying that I was born and raised in the Middle East, so I know the culture, customs and cultural mannerisms. It rare that an author not familiar with it, or researched it extensively "gets it."

I think Sarah Morgan gets it. Or as close to getting it as I found so far.

This story has it all, one (or more?) brutal villain, a bruised a
Nancy Crocker
Aug 25, 2013 Nancy Crocker rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Lost to the Desert Warrior by Sarah Morgan

There is a reason why Sarah Morgan is a two time Rita Award winner. Her stories take you on a magical trip to far off places. And I found myself out in the desert this time.

There is nothing that Layla, Princess of Tazkhan thinks could be worse in life than marrying Hassan a cruel 60 year old man. So when her father dies unexpectedly and orders on his death bed, that she marry Hassan, Layla takes matters into her own hands and rides into the desert with
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Jul 11, 2015 Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe) rated it really liked it
4 stars

I really enjoyed this. The characters were likable, their conflicts were believable, and even the suspenseful scene at the end worked for me. I think this is my first Sarah Morgan, but it won't be my last. This was a very engaging escape from reality for me.
Erin
description

It alright, I suppose. I got bored of it really fast and I didn't feel as if there was enough time for the H and h to fall in love. The h(heroine) wasn't all the great and didn't have that much presence. I guess I can give her props for getting her self out of a bad situation-not once but twice. The Hero was alright I guess...The whole book isn't very memorable at all.
Jess the Romanceaholic
I keep flipping between a 3.5 and a 4 for this one, though I am leaning towards a 4. There was just something about the hot smexin before either one even cared for the other that I think bugged me a bit -- I prefer for there to be something more than just chemistry between protagonists before they hop into bed, even (or maybe especially) if it's only on one side.

Still, great story, plenty of heat, and a lovely ending.

3.5-4/5, full review to follow.
DA4Pups
If this was longer and had explored the character's backgrounds and evolving relationship, I would rate it higher. However, it is the requisite length for a HP + a tad reminiscent of a Barbara Cartland story. 3.5 stars.
Danielle
Andrea Guy
Sarah Morgan is one of the authors for the Presents line that seldom disappoints. When she has a new book out, I always buy it, so when I had the chance to snag the galley of her Sept 2013 release, I grabbed it.

Lost To The Desert Warrior is a typical Presents story...There is a super hot Sheikh and a princess from a middle eastern country. I don't usually like these kinds of stories, however Sarah really has a marvelous way of writing about this locale that makes me long for a Sheikh of my own.

R
Autum
Jul 29, 2013 Autum rated it it was amazing
This kind of story is one of my favorites why lie. I read to the synopsis and knew this was a story I would be interested in reading. So here we are Layla's father is dead and her father's successor wants to marry her and send her baby sister away. Layla isn't having it, she and her have not had the best life. Her father was uncaring among other things, she had no intention of them being hurt again. So Layla takes off in the middle of the night with her sister. She seeks out Sheikh Raz, she beli ...more
Ali
Jul 03, 2013 Ali rated it liked it
Synopsis:
Layla, princess of Tazkhan, is running for her life from an arranged marriage to her hateful fathers successor. Sheikh Raz Al Zahki is the rightful air to the throne and wants nothing more than to bring down Layla's betrothed..even if it means marrying her himself. Over the next two weeks, you'll watch these two learn to trust one another, face more than a few dangerous situations, and eventually, fall in love.

Prosecution:
That cover has so little imagination, it was probably slapped t
Camy
Sep 01, 2013 Camy rated it it was amazing
Really, this is one of the best Harlequin Presents books I've ever read.

I absolutely LOVE the heroine. She is exactly someone I can relate to and respect as a character. She is logical and incredibly brave, and she also has this dark backstory that shows her courage and her love for her sister. She is amazing.

The hero is the usual Presents Alpha male, and while I liked him, he wasn't as interesting to me as the heroine. But he was a good foil for her, considerate and kind and willing to admit wh
Maria Vega
Aug 02, 2013 Maria Vega rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, favorites
sarah morgan you did it again. shes always my favorite harlequin author. the ferrara series still my favorites and now i add this book in my list. i love this book.

from the start this story really intrigued me, i love layla character shes so fierce and at same time such a loving lady. Raz for me quite alpha male hero. he will always protect his family. its so easy to fall in love with his character. the ending so cheesy but you expected cause this is typical harlequin ending.

i would recommende
Karen
Aug 27, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

Layla and her sister Yasmin were terrified. She was slated to marry her newly deceased father’s rather evil henchman Hassan so he could assume the crown, and her sister was to be shipped to America to keep her from causing trouble. And it would all happen before her father’s body had time to get cold...Read More
KC
While reading the first few pages of Lost to the Desert Warrior, I felt like I was watching a movie. It possessed an epic tone that quickly sucked me in. The beginning was romantic, laced with danger and suspense:
(view spoiler)
Judith
Jun 22, 2013 Judith rated it it was amazing
I usually steer clear of desert stories, but I thought Ms. Morgan did an amazing job with these characters. I loved the growth of the relationship between Raz and Layla.
Lenz
Feb 10, 2014 Lenz rated it liked it
Hmm. I am giving this one 3.5. Love the plot and most esp. the heroine. She's one tough cookie. Fell for her character. The hero on the other hand lacks in what you'll call sweetness and actions. I would have love to read more about him in his pov and the things he would do, the determination to fight his growing feelings for his forced wife. Sigh. The twist/climax is a bit rushed. There were no fight or something and it felt like the 'dog' was even more important than Layla. HAHAHA.

Anyways, it
Romancereader
Sep 28, 2013 Romancereader rated it liked it
I was so looking foward to this book because of all the great reviews it got and because Sarah Morgan is my favourite HP author after the wonderful Sold to the Enemy which was so special.

I hate shiekh stories but I read the ones written by authors I like.

This book has a interesting story and surprisinly it would work as movie. Obviously it needed a longer chapters than given

The hero and heroine were likeable and they did most things the right way so why did I not connect with the romance and wh
Ana Luisa
Jun 23, 2013 Ana Luisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book

Unbelievable! There really is a reason why I love this kind of stories so much. I don’t exactly know how to explain it, but all Harlequin Romances whose stories have something to do with deserts and sheiks make me feel intrigued and, somehow, I simply just can’t resist reading them.
Sarah Morgan created an amazing story, with a strong plot and realistic details. Although part of the action takes place in the desert, she quickly changed it to a big house whe
  • Sheikh's Desert Duty (The Chatsfield, #9)
  • Shameful Secret, Shotgun Wedding
  • House of Mirrors
  • The Fiorenza Forced Marriage (Harlequin Presents #2807)
  • Saturday's Child
  • Playing The Royal Game (The Santina Crown #8)
  • Princess in the Iron Mask
  • Rake with a Frozen Heart
  • The Tender Stranger (Soldiers of Fortune, #2)
  • Temporary Wife
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • A Facade to Shatter (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #6)
  • The Sheikh's Prize (A Bride For A Billionaire #2)
About Sarah

USA Today bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes contemporary romance and her trademark humour and sensuality have gained her fans across the globe. She has been nominated 4 times for the prestigious RITA Award from the Romance Writers of America and has won the award twice. Sarah lives near London, England, and when she isn't reading or writing she loves being outdoors.

Look out for Sl
More about Sarah Morgan...

The Private Lives of Public Playboys (3 books)
  • A Night of No Return (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #1)
  • Woman in a Sheikh's World (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #2)