Start by marking “His Ring Is Not Enough (Holt Sisters, #1)” as Want to Read:
His Ring Is Not Enough (Holt Sisters, #1)

His Ring Is Not Enough (Holt Sisters #1)

After "I do…"

Ajax Kouros had a plan. Being jilted at the altar? Not part of it -- especially when facing a thousand guests and one hundred reporters. His company's future depends on marrying an Holt, and when his bride's sister steps up to the…altar, can he say no?

Leah Holt grew up watching her beautiful socialite sister hang on Ajax's arm. Now she has the chance to stan
Published August 20th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about His Ring Is Not Enough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Ring Is Not Enough

Fiona Marsden
Aug 01, 2013 Fiona Marsden rated it it was amazing
The man with the plan. I've been waiting for this book to arrive for a while now. Ajax Kouros is just...stoopid...but in the sexiest yummiest way. This whole plan thing he's got going. Three pages in I knew he was in sooooo much trouble.

And the whole Leah and Rachel thing...*snickers* I see what you did there Ms Author. Poor Ajax didn't see it coming. The culmination of his plan all blown up...wisps of smoke drifting out to a lovely Mediterranean sea.

Leah is the other sister, the one that is the
Alex is The Romance Fox

I loved this book.
What made this story so poignant, touching and amazing for me:

The characters:

I loved getting to know their backstories, their goals, their feelings and becoming so engaged in their lives that made me want them to find happiness and joy.

The heroine – Leah is not your typical Mills & Boon h. She’s not a skinny supermodel type,
she’s smart and independent and is not afraid to speak her mind. I loved the way she challenged Ajax and that she wasn’t one of those helpless and whi
Desere
Aug 06, 2013 Desere rated it it was amazing

All most any woman who has a sister or sisters will tell you that even though you argue sometimes even to the point of hitting each other, yes it does happen, yet you always remain friends and you will always be there for each other. Sisterhood is a bond that simply cannot be broken.

In the new Maisey Yates read this is proven by the character Leah. It is her sister's wedding day, a day everyone should be happy and ready to drop in and help the bride with any crisis she may encounter, but standi
KatieV
This is one of those YMMV sort of books. There was nothing wrong with it. I think it's a story that would appeal to many. It's not exactly my cuppa though. So, I have a hard time rating it. Guess I'll go with 3 since it's in the middle and that's how I felt about it overall.

I appreciated the heroine's snark. I love snark. Sarcasm is a sacred art if done correctly. Lol on when the overly serious H comments that the situation is like a Greek tragedy and Leah says (possibly a slightly inaccurate qu
Vashti
Aug 05, 2013 Vashti rated it really liked it
I had a hard time trying to rate this book,it is leaning to a very strong 4.5*** read.
Ajax was such a tortured hero with a tragic past.At the beginning ,I really disliked him and his meaness towards the heroine, Leah.I did not really connect with him till the book was almost finished and he grovelled and confessed his love.This is one of the most tortured hero that Maisey Yates,for that matter any HP author that I have read has written.
Leah,the heroine,was snarky,prickly,somewhat caustic,and not
Becky
Oct 25, 2014 Becky rated it it was amazing
Seriously strong heroine, perfect match for tortured hero. Some reviewers call her hard but I just think she has more self-respect than we are used to seeing from HP heroines. She actually gives in to his needs, but then stands up for her own...and is really funny with some of her caustic comments. The one about putting up appearances for the press so they don't question his penis size? Hilarious.

Also, one of the few heroines who risks her pride repeatedly, including by confessing her love. Mos
Jacqueline
I think this author is officially not for me. I've tried several of hers and just no. This one while it had an interesting premise was almost painful to read. It was almost entirely wallowing around in the thoughts of the hero and heroine. Page after page of saying the same things over and over and over.

Also as I have noted before with this author there is a lack of concrete details in the book that just doesn't work for me.
Dalia
Aug 22, 2013 Dalia rated it it was ok
I have really mixed feelings about this book. I m a fan of MY and I never gave a low rate to any of her books. But I didn't like the main characters and couldn't connect with them.

MY is renowned for her gentle yet strong heroines and her dark damaged heroes but Leah is not a sweetheart and Ajax takes darkness to a whole new level. The storyline is good but there is too much darkness. I felt cheated from the warm, heart-lifting feelings I like to associate with reading an HP.

Leah has always bee
Nancy Crocker
Aug 25, 2013 Nancy Crocker rated it it was amazing
Maisey Yates hits it out of the ballpark with this brilliant novel.

Leah Holt has no problem stepping in for her sister, after she does a runner on her wedding day, after all she has secretly been in love with Ajax for years. So marrying him should not be an issue. She also has other reasons for marrying him, seems she might lose the business she has built on her own and that just cannot happen. I loved the character of Leah, she was independent, strong even though she was tormented for not bein
Nas Dean
Aug 21, 2013 Nas Dean rated it it was amazing
HIS RING IS NOT ENOUGH by Maisey Yates is a Harlequin Presents release for September 2013.

At long last Leah Holt had a chance to do something out of her famous sister's shadow. To be a stand in bride for her sister when the latter did a runner on the day of her wedding to business tycoon Ajax Kouros.

But would it be enough for Leah just being his wife? She wanted his heart too! Read this brilliant romance to find out how Leah manages to get Ajax's, the person with no heart, heart.

HIS RING IS NOT
Danielle
liz
Aug 23, 2013 liz rated it it was ok
I was given an ARC by the author.

Maisey Yates writes some lovely stories. Unfortunately, I had a really difficult time connecting with these characters. Ajax suffered very severe traumas as a child and young teen, and he's formed all of his life plans around his actions as a child. Leah has lived her whole life in the shadow of her sister. Both of these themes were repeated time and again and AGAIN in the text. I found myself skimming the paragraphs where each character went through their hangup
TashNz
Aug 23, 2013 TashNz rated it really liked it
WOW! What a story! So many great aspects of this story I'm not sure where to start.

The opening chapter is brilliant, Leah's sister has left her groom waiting at the alter. Leah suggests she step in and marry the groom, Ajax, because it was for business purposes anyway, it means that she gets to keep her business and Ajax gets to take over as CEO as agreed between him and Leah's father who's retiring. As the first daughter married it means if Leah marries Ajax then the enemy who Leah's sister has
Ker
Oct 23, 2014 Ker rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ay que me dolió el final.
No porque sea malo sino porque no era lo que esperaba.
Amé este libro porque es distinto, él super mandón, arrogante, pero ella no es la típica sumisa pobre heroína llorona... por el contrario es muy decidida. Pero lo sentí apresurado al final, no llegué a conectarme con él, más con ella si un poco. La historia de Rachel queda inconclusa. Daba para más.
Jenny
Aug 05, 2013 Jenny rated it it was ok
Shelves: steamy
I don't know how to rate this book. All I know is that I didn't love it and I'm a big fan of M. Yates. I felt there wasn't a real plot and I couldn't connect with the characters. I love this author's heroines but Leah was crass and bitter and pretty butch. I like my heroines more feminine and soft.

Hero is your typical broken dark hero who hates himself and feels he is unworthy of love. I thought he lacked depth and his character was one-dimensional. Oh he was also a dom so this is a dom/sub rel
Eve
Sep 25, 2015 Eve rated it did not like it
His Ring Is Not Enough (Holt Sisters #1) by Maisey Yates

The heroine: Leah Holt, 23
The hero: Ajax Kouros, ten years older, 33
Leah's sister has left her groom waiting at the altar (she has run away with the enemy of Ajax), so Leah suggests she step in and marry the groom, Ajax. Leah has been in love with Ajax since she was teenager but he only had eyes for the beautiful sister (Leah was described as short and well, rounded).
The marriage would mean that Leah gets to keep her business and Ajax gets to take over as CEO as an agreed between him and Leah'
Josephine
Because of the headswapping, which is a pet peeve of mine, I couldn't continue with this book as it was frustrating to go back and work out who the POV character was.
Jebe
Aug 06, 2016 Jebe rated it did not like it
From a strictly execution standpoint, I think we all have authors who write a certain way that we prefer. Whether it's detailed prose, snappy dialogue, character evolution, all of those things or other factors. Whatever you want to call it, I think I'm ready to admit that this author doesn't really work for me. Too much character introspection. I wouldn't mind that if the characters were working through their problems, but that wasn't the case with this book. Pages upon pages of rehashing the sa ...more
Betty
Jun 18, 2014 Betty rated it really liked it
Leah Holt has loved Ajax Kouros since she was a child. She used to follow after him as he worked in her father's offices of visited with them in her parent's home. But she is an adult know complete with her own business and he is getting read to marry her sister. The marriage will not only bring him a beautiful bride, but the family business as well. Unfortunately, Rachel has stood him up at the alter and skipped town with Ajax's business rival. Leah know that as the other heir to her father, i ...more
Ani Gonzalez
Good book, great characters. I loved Leah, she was sweet and funny and smart, but Ajax was dark, dark, dark. Ms. Yates' heroes are alpha and angsty, but they usually have a streak of humor or mischief to them. Ajax did not.
Katina
Oct 12, 2013 Katina rated it liked it
This was a nice read. I wish GR had .5 ratings too cause I would give this a 3.5. I'm glad I read it.
Tawnya
Aug 09, 2013 Tawnya rated it really liked it
Typical Alpha Greek male. The heroine finally grew a backbone and put him in his place.
Sofia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
Sep 10, 2013 Sofia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov) rated it did not like it
This book wasn't for me!!!
Ipshita Ranjana
Aug 05, 2013 Ipshita Ranjana rated it really liked it
The latest novel from Maisey Yates strikes all the right chords and is an amazing read.

Ajax had everything planned out in his life and everything was going accordingly,till his would be wife Rachel,does a runner with his enemy on the wedding day.Now to inherit the Holt business he needs to marry a Holt and when Leah Holt,who was going to be his sister in law offers to marry him,he agrees against his better judgement.

Leah has always lived in the shadow of her beautiful sister and has nursed a bro
Rgreader
Aug 24, 2013 Rgreader rated it it was ok
If you've read 50 Shades of Gray, His Ring is Not Enough is 50 Shades of Gray lite. While I liked FSoG, His Ring is not Enough was a struggle to finish.

What I liked- the hero. He was wealthy, damaged by a bad childhood and an alpha hero.
The heroine- she was nice. Not bitchy always challenging the hero. She is a virgin heroine.
The story- it was angsty. Marriage of convenience. Heroine marries sister's fiance. I really really liked the hero didn't smex the heroine's sister. It was Drama filled til
Jess
Mar 10, 2014 Jess rated it it was ok
" 2 out of 5 stars, this novel is about a lost soul getting married to his fiancée’s sister because of a snafu that happens right before the wedding and them coming to terms with their new life together..."

Read more of this review and a teaser here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2014/03/disappointmentville-his-ring-is-not.html
Mtld
Just by looking at the cover and the title, you'd think it's a regular romance book.
Well, it isn't.
Mostly, it's about a broken-to-little-pieces man (the latest trend) and an naive/over ambitious 23-years-old virgin completely clueless about the relationship she gets into.
And, as any broken man, he has lots of harsh, totally self centered moments. The 50 shades of Grey moments, that is.The guy had been celibate for 18(!!!) years, due to his horrible first-time sexual experience(at 15, he's 33 at
Karen Blanquicet
Jul 30, 2014 Karen Blanquicet rated it it was amazing
me fascino esta novela de las mas atrapantes que he leido ultimamente, los personajes son reales,apasionados y llenos de fuerza.
Ajax sin duda es un hombre tan misterioso como atrayente y ella posee una personalidad unica, sabe lo que quiere y no teme decirlo o exigirlo.
super recomendada si la lees no te arrepientes.
Hortensia
Jun 09, 2015 Hortensia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Definitivamente esta autora jamás se convertirá en una de mis favoritas. Misma temática que la novela que leí ayer: dos protagonistas que más bien parecen antihéroes llenos de traumas infantiles, y miedos del futuro, vueltas y vueltas por los mismos sórdidos recovecos de sus pasados.

Tiempo perdido.
shms
Oct 26, 2013 shms rated it it was ok
Shelves: unrequited, hqn
Plain Silly. Yes! a Harlequin Present normally borders on the plain silly but normally there is enough for me to latch on to the 'fantasy' rather than the 'silly'. And I totally love me series romances for a bit of escapism. Here I failed abysmally.

The H needed serious therapy and to have his issues and 'THE' plan rammed down my throat time and time again. So boring I started skipping bits. Either its assumed that the readers are too thick to remember what's been explained just a few pages back
  • Challenging Dante (A Bride For A Billionaire #4)
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • Wedding Night With A Stranger (Presents Extra)
  • Captured by the Sheikh (Rivals to the Crown of Kadar #1)
  • Lost to the Desert Warrior (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #3)
  • The Fallen Greek Bride / At the Greek Boss's Bidding
  • The Greek Tycoon's Unexpected Wife (In the Greek Tycoon's Bed)
  • Never Say No to a Caffarelli (Those Scandalous Caffarellis, #1)
  • The Princess and the Outlaw
  • A Whisper of Disgrace (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #5)
  • The Greek's Virgin Bride
  • The Billionaire's Elusive Lover
  • The Rings that Bind
  • Playing the Dutiful Wife / Expecting His Love-Child
  • Siren Song
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Maisey Yates lives in rural Oregon with her three children and her husband, whose chiseled jaw and arresting features continue to make her swoon. She feels the epic trek she takes several times a day from her office to her coffee maker is a true example of her pioneer spirit. In 2009, at the age of twenty-three Maisey sold her first book.

Since then
More about Maisey Yates...

Holt Sisters (2 books)
  • One Night to Risk It All (Holt Sisters, #2)