His Ring Is Not Enough

His Ring Is Not Enough

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  281 ratings  ·  39 reviews
After "I do…"

Ajax Kouros had a plan. Being jilted at the altar? Not part of it—especially when facing a thousand guests and one hundred reporters. His company's future depends on marrying a Holt, and when his bride's sister steps up to the…altar, can he say no?

Leah Holt grew up watching her beautiful socialite...more
Published August 20th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

Desere

All most any woman who has a sister or sisters will tell you that even though you argue sometimes even to the point of hitting each other, yes it does happen, yet you always remain friends and you will always be there for each other. Sisterhood is a bond that simply cannot be broken.

In the new Maisey Yates read this is proven by the character Leah. It is her sister's wedding day, a day everyone should be happy and ready to drop in and help the bride with any crisis she may encounter, but standi...more
Fiona Marsden
The man with the plan. I've been waiting for this book to arrive for a while now. Ajax Kouros is just...stoopid...but in the sexiest yummiest way. This whole plan thing he's got going. Three pages in I knew he was in sooooo much trouble.

And the whole Leah and Rachel thing...*snickers* I see what you did there Ms Author. Poor Ajax didn't see it coming. The culmination of his plan all blown up...wisps of smoke drifting out to a lovely Mediterranean sea.

Leah is the other sister, the one that is the...more
Alex is The Romance Fox

I loved this book.
What made this story so poignant, touching and amazing for me:

The characters:

I loved getting to know their backstories, their goals, their feelings and becoming so engaged in their lives that made me want them to find happiness and joy.

The heroine – Leah is not your typical Mills & Boon h. She’s not a skinny supermodel type,
she’s smart and independent and is not afraid to speak her mind. I loved the way she challenged Ajax and that she wasn’t one of those helpless and whi...more
Vashti
I had a hard time trying to rate this book,it is leaning to a very strong 4.5*** read.
Ajax was such a tortured hero with a tragic past.At the beginning ,I really disliked him and his meaness towards the heroine, Leah.I did not really connect with him till the book was almost finished and he grovelled and confessed his love.This is one of the most tortured hero that Maisey Yates,for that matter any HP author that I have read has written.
Leah,the heroine,was snarky,prickly,somewhat caustic,and not...more
Dalia
I have really mixed feelings about this book. I m a fan of MY and I never gave a low rate to any of her books. But I didn't like the main characters and couldn't connect with them.

MY is renowned for her gentle yet strong heroines and her dark damaged heroes but Leah is not a sweetheart and Ajax takes darkness to a whole new level. The storyline is good but there is too much darkness. I felt cheated from the warm, heart-lifting feelings I like to associate with reading an HP.

Leah has always bee...more
Jacqueline
I think this author is officially not for me. I've tried several of hers and just no. This one while it had an interesting premise was almost painful to read. It was almost entirely wallowing around in the thoughts of the hero and heroine. Page after page of saying the same things over and over and over.

Also as I have noted before with this author there is a lack of concrete details in the book that just doesn't work for me.
Nancy Crocker
Maisey Yates hits it out of the ballpark with this brilliant novel.

Leah Holt has no problem stepping in for her sister, after she does a runner on her wedding day, after all she has secretly been in love with Ajax for years. So marrying him should not be an issue. She also has other reasons for marrying him, seems she might lose the business she has built on her own and that just cannot happen. I loved the character of Leah, she was independent, strong even though she was tormented for not bein...more
TashNz
WOW! What a story! So many great aspects of this story I'm not sure where to start.

The opening chapter is brilliant, Leah's sister has left her groom waiting at the alter. Leah suggests she step in and marry the groom, Ajax, because it was for business purposes anyway, it means that she gets to keep her business and Ajax gets to take over as CEO as agreed between him and Leah's father who's retiring. As the first daughter married it means if Leah marries Ajax then the enemy who Leah's sister has...more
Nas Dean
HIS RING IS NOT ENOUGH by Maisey Yates is a Harlequin Presents release for September 2013.

At long last Leah Holt had a chance to do something out of her famous sister's shadow. To be a stand in bride for her sister when the latter did a runner on the day of her wedding to business tycoon Ajax Kouros.

But would it be enough for Leah just being his wife? She wanted his heart too! Read this brilliant romance to find out how Leah manages to get Ajax's, the person with no heart, heart.

HIS RING IS NOT...more
Danielle
Liz
I was given an ARC by the author.

Maisey Yates writes some lovely stories. Unfortunately, I had a really difficult time connecting with these characters. Ajax suffered very severe traumas as a child and young teen, and he's formed all of his life plans around his actions as a child. Leah has lived her whole life in the shadow of her sister. Both of these themes were repeated time and again and AGAIN in the text. I found myself skimming the paragraphs where each character went through their hangup...more
Jenny
I don't know how to rate this book. All I know is that I didn't love it and I'm a big fan of M. Yates. I felt there wasn't a real plot and I couldn't connect with the characters. I love this author's heroines but Leah was crass and bitter and pretty butch. I like my heroines more feminine and soft.

Hero is your typical broken dark hero who hates himself and feels he is unworthy of love. I thought he lacked depth and his character was one-dimensional. Oh he was also a dom so this is a dom/sub rel...more
Betty
Leah Holt has loved Ajax Kouros since she was a child. She used to follow after him as he worked in her father's offices of visited with them in her parent's home. But she is an adult know complete with her own business and he is getting read to marry her sister. The marriage will not only bring him a beautiful bride, but the family business as well. Unfortunately, Rachel has stood him up at the alter and skipped town with Ajax's business rival. Leah know that as the other heir to her father, i...more
Ani Gonzalez
Good book, great characters. I loved Leah, she was sweet and funny and smart, but Ajax was dark, dark, dark. Ms. Yates' heroes are alpha and angsty, but they usually have a streak of humor or mischief to them. Ajax did not.
Katina
This was a nice read. I wish GR had .5 ratings too cause I would give this a 3.5. I'm glad I read it.
Tawnya
Typical Alpha Greek male. The heroine finally grew a backbone and put him in his place.
Sophia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
This book wasn't for me!!!
Ipshita Ranjana
The latest novel from Maisey Yates strikes all the right chords and is an amazing read.

Ajax had everything planned out in his life and everything was going accordingly,till his would be wife Rachel,does a runner with his enemy on the wedding day.Now to inherit the Holt business he needs to marry a Holt and when Leah Holt,who was going to be his sister in law offers to marry him,he agrees against his better judgement.

Leah has always lived in the shadow of her beautiful sister and has nursed a bro...more
Rgreader
If you've read 50 Shades of Gray, His Ring is Not Enough is 50 Shades of Gray lite. While I liked FSoG, His Ring is not Enough was a struggle to finish.

What I liked- the hero. He was wealthy, damaged by a bad childhood and an alpha hero.
The heroine- she was nice. Not bitchy always challenging the hero. She is a virgin heroine.
The story- it was angsty. Marriage of convenience. Heroine marries sister's fiance. I really really liked the hero didn't smex the heroine's sister. It was Drama filled til...more
Jess
" 2 out of 5 stars, this novel is about a lost soul getting married to his fiancée’s sister because of a snafu that happens right before the wedding and them coming to terms with their new life together..."

Read more of this review and a teaser here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2014/03/disappointmentville-his-ring-is-not.html
shms
Plain Silly. Yes! a Harlequin Present normally borders on the plain silly but normally there is enough for me to latch on to the 'fantasy' rather than the 'silly'. And I totally love me series romances for a bit of escapism. Here I failed abysmally.

The H needed serious therapy and to have his issues and 'THE' plan rammed down my throat time and time again. So boring I started skipping bits. Either its assumed that the readers are too thick to remember what's been explained just a few pages back...more
Colleen
I clearly read a different book than many of the other reviewers. I struggled to get though this. It wasn't worth the $.99 I paid for it on Amazon.
Aisha
In a sporty style, it's good to see the underdog getting the top of the podium... love this book very much :D
Charlotte
Good but A lot of introspection and slow to action
Kate
Excellent example of this genre. Well written.
Acathla
The characters are not credible, there's some pretty cringeworthy writing ('When I am in bed with you I will apply both my knowledge and my focus to you entirely (...) A man who has had a lover every day for the past eighteen years, but only has a tenth of my focus and perfectionism could not come close to satisfying you as I will.'), and a lot of the story is told in such staccato sentences that, should someone ever read this book aloud, they would surely hyperventilate.
Carly
Pretty good. Their declaration at the end was overly cringe worthy and parts of the book as a whole were repetitive, but I enjoyed it.
Mydearloverboy
5++ stars!!
Really liked this one because of its "slice of life" feel to it:)
Overall, a keeper for me!!
Yui
it was fun and hot. though a little corny at the end.mushy stuff. the darkness thing is a little over the top but nothing too nauseating. fun quick read.
Annabelle Blume
Probably my favorite Yates book yet. The stronger heroine, the darker Hero, and the less-than-conventional love scenes were right up my alley!

• Challenging Dante
  • The Forbidden Ferrara (Ferrara #2)
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • A Reputation to Uphold
  • The Greek Tycoon's Unexpected Wife (In the Greek Tycoon's Bed) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #6)
  • The Good, the Bad and the Wild (Brothers & Sisters, #3)
  • The Merciless Travis Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #3)
  • More than a Convenient Marriage?
  • Fugitive Bride / Mencari Mempelai yang Hilang
  • The Sheikh's Virgin Bride (Sheikh's Arabian Nights, #1)
  • The Sultan's Choice
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
A Mistake, a Prince and a Pregnancy Hajar's Hidden Legacy His Virgin Acquisition Marriage Made on Paper The Life She Left Behind (The Santina Crown 0.5)