Start by marking “A Reputation to Uphold” as Want to Read:
A Reputation to Uphold

A Reputation to Uphold (St. George #1)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  154 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Out of the frying pan and into the fire…

When designer Eva St. George, branded wild and shameless by the media, is caught with tycoon Dante Vitale, it's guaranteed to make the headlines. With a fledgling reputation to salvage, how can Eva refuse Dante's exit strategy?

Only, his solution is not to leave but to stay—together!

This
Published August 20th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Reputation to Uphold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Reputation to Uphold

A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireLothaire by Kresley ColeKiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsDevil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas
The One and Only
236th out of 575 books — 292 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuirePlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonLosing It by Cora CarmackFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesThe V Girl by Mya Robarts
Modern Day Virgin Heroines
222nd out of 663 books — 513 voters

More lists with this book...

Vashti
Aug 06, 2013 Vashti rated it really liked it
Welcome to Dante's infero! I just fell in love with the hero in this book.I liked the fact that he had feelings for the heroine straight from the beginning even though there was no big reveal of his feelings till the end.
As usual we have a damaged hero who does not trust ,nor does he do love.Enter Eva,former wild child turned wedding dress designer.Eva has secrets that no one knows and it is heartbreaking.This is one of my fav tropes , the "best friends little sister" books. They have a pretend
Dalia
Feb 10, 2014 Dalia rated it it was amazing
Very intense read, full to the brim with tension, angst, sizzling attraction and a multitude of emotions.
VP's writing is rich, powerful and very compelling. Her characters are well- rounded. Dante and Eva are a great couple. Their attraction is scorching hot. When they are together, it's explosive.
Dante is always judging Eva, always comparing her to his own wild mother.
After her mother's death and her father's desertion, she has been tabloids fodder, wild child, front page scandal. N
Michelle Styles
Jul 19, 2013 Michelle Styles rated it really liked it
Victoria Parker's second book builds on the promise of her debut. She provides lush escapist reading, perfect for a hot summer afternoon.
All Eva St George wanted to do was to honour her dead mother with a fundraiser for breast cancer. However when her brother becomes stuck and sends a stand in, she is forced to encounter the one man who is capable of sending her up in flames --Dante Vitale.
With her fledging reputation as a wedding dress designer put in jeopardy, Dante comes up with a solution t
Sheryl
*SIGH* Loved, loved, loved this sooooooooooo much. It was pretty, bloody amazing; the emotions... and OMG Dante... *SWOON*... NOW HERE IS A MAN WHO KNOWS HOW TO GROVEL!!!! This story was pretty much close to PERFECT for me :)
Booked
It is a solid new HP read. What stood out about it was Dante's character. He was something new and something old. He has this touch of broken within his character that seemed new to HP. I was pleasantly surprised. I liked Eva's contrasting character having an edge of sophistication but the heart of innocence. I'm happy to finally have a new HP author to watch out for. Thanks VP.
Danielle
Desere
Apr 07, 2014 Desere rated it it was amazing
The expression 'From the frying pan and into the fire' is not even close to what the heroine in this book steps into. Nope, she goes straight into the everlasting depths of torture.

And no I am not exaggerating ! Eva St George goes from hiding from the world to 'the woman who stole another's man' in the space of less than 24 hours. To make things worse the man of this entire mess is no one other than Dante Vitale.

Once she offered herself to him and he walked away and ever since she has made sure
Louisa P
Jul 31, 2013 Louisa P rated it it was amazing
OMG! WOW! I want to read this all over again. I AM IN LOVE. WITH DANTE VITALE. Oh my lord, this man is HOT. He has got to be one of the sexiest M&B hero's I have ever read. Then there is all of his pain loaded onto his blistering Italian passion and the ending......I burst into tears. Then read it again. This is not just a romance, this is a love story and the way the author wrote it weaving their pasts throughout and how he felt about Eva all those years ago with such subtlety was clever an ...more
Saly
Rating 3.5 stars
Much better than the author's previous book. I really enjoyed the heroine, she was feisty yet so vulnerable. The hero was a tougher nut for me because he seemed to always think the worst of the heroine, likening her to his mother, but he does come around.
Helen Mead
Jul 31, 2013 Helen Mead rated it it was amazing
WOW, WOW and even more WOW..... I've been looking forward to reading this book for the past 5 weeks, as this was given to me personally by Victoria Parker and also dedicated to me along with some of my family members, and I have to say it is a real honour.
I really enjoyed reading PRINCESS IN THE IRON MASK, and thought that was a hard book to beat! But what can I say!..... A Reputation to Uphold is on my list of one of the most amazing books I've ever read. All I'm going to say girls is READ THIS
Nina Milne
Jun 07, 2014 Nina Milne rated it it was amazing
I loved Victoria Parkers debut Princess in an Iron Mask and I am glad to say that her second book A Reputation to Uphold is just as excellent and equally unique. Once again the authors evocative voice, incredible characterisation and beautiful description make this a must read book. I identified with Eva from the very opening paragraph and as for Dante – think gorgeous, smouldering, powerful and dark – a hero to die for. I followed every moment of Eva and Dantes turbulent, moving journey with ba ...more
Eleanor
May 15, 2014 Eleanor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think the end, was the most romantic part!! I swear my eyes watered reading it!. Who knew such words could come out of his mouth? I was on the bus when I finished it and I was smiling like a friggin idiot, everyone was looking at me funny, but I didn't care, It was so sweet!! its a great book.
Jul 22, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I loved Victoria Parker's second book for Harlequin Presents! Not only does this book centre around one of my favourite tropes - the older brother's best friend - but the opening chapter is one of the best I have ever read! I was squirming in my chair! Parker's ability to morph as a writer and give us a story with a completely different feel to her debut, Princess in the Iron Mask, shows us we have many more distinct, wonderful books to come from her! Dante is also the most super sexy hero imagi ...more
Dante, damn you rocked my boats, he is your typical alpha dominant sexylicious guy with an acceptance to his feelings towards the woman of hus heart right from the start. He is inferno reincarnated.
Eva is sophisticated lady upfront but loved the fact that she had an underlying innocence and bubbly side to her character. Fell in love with the charaters pretty damn much. A good deal of romance & a great deal of INFERNO to read through.
Toni Davids
Aug 06, 2013 Toni Davids rated it it was amazing
I could not put this down. It was absolutely wonderful, I loved it from beginning to end. The depth of emotion combined with the clever way the romance unfolded..... No spoilers but Dante..... Oh. My. God. Sexy isn't the word. *Fans oneself* This author is quickly becoming one of my favourite M&B voices. This is a must read for Presents fans. LOVED IT!
Amalie Berlin
Sep 21, 2013 Amalie Berlin rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Stayed up until 4am with it, and honestly could've happily read another couple hours if I hadn't run out of pages to turn. Smoldering. Angsty. Full. Of. Awesome. Gonna have to find her debut now to give a read!
Jenny
Aug 06, 2013 Jenny rated it really liked it
Beautiful love story. Intense, emotional and awesome. Only needed an epilogue cause I wanted to see these two with their baby in their arms! *happy sigh*
Leona
Jul 28, 2014 Leona rated it liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents

I had a very hard time connecting with the H and h. I think I am in the minority on this one.
Carol Fitzgerald
May 02, 2015 Carol Fitzgerald rated it really liked it
I don't really read a lot of romance books anymore but I really enjoyed this heartbreaking love story. It really tugged at my heartstrings and I felt for the characters. Look forward to reading the book about Eva's brother Finn.
Chantal Main
Best book ever! Wow so hot!!! Omg where do I begin with this one. The heroine is in love with the hero forever and wanted him to be her first lover after her mom died! She told him only one night but he said no he could not handle that. It was intense awesome dialogue. He was amazing and she was what I would hope I would be. Just awesome book. Read this one. You will thank me if you do.
L H
Jul 21, 2015 L H rated it liked it
3.5
would've loved to read an epilogue to tie ends together
Rgreader
Aug 24, 2013 Rgreader rated it it was ok
I wanted to like A Reputation to Uphold. Really I did. It had a fabulously wealthy alpha hero damaged by his past. It had an ok heroine who was still a virgin. It had angst. But. It didn't engage my interest. The romance was blah. The story I skimmed.
It had the fake relationship. Hate that. Paparazzi following the heroine. Hate that. The heroine keeping in contact even tho barely with her ahole dad. Hate hate hate that.

I wanted to like A Reputation to Uphold. Really wanted to. But it failed to e
Karen
Dec 03, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

Eva St. George has started to make a name for herself as an exclusive fashion designer. It’s not the first notoriety she’s had however. She’s been in the spotlight for years, showing her penchant for wild nights & wild boys. Of course, all is never what it seems…Read More
Terri
Aug 26, 2013 Terri rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book as part of a Goodreads giveaway. In typical Harlequin fashion it delivered exactly as expected. While it will not go down as a deep read that will forever stay with me it provided the type of entertainment I required to get me through my workout. If I had to get nit-picky I would recommend a different cover for the novel as it appears dated.
Romancereader
Oct 01, 2013 Romancereader rated it it was amazing
Wow this book was so good. Intense, passion and lots of angst everything you want from a romance book. I loved it and what's even more impressive is that this author's first book is so different from this one. I'm excited to see how she changes her characters for the next book.
Gerard
Sep 19, 2013 Gerard rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
To me this was an ok book.
The romance was predictable, the plot was kind of weak but it did what the book was supposed to in it's genre.
If you are a fan of sappy romance books this is one you should check out.

I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Se Mcgregor
Sep 10, 2013 Se Mcgregor rated it liked it
Oh boy..... Oh boy.... Oh boy.... Who says that these days? Victoria Parker, that's who! Some 19 times throughout the book. It absolutely drove me crazy! It ruined every romantic scene in the book.
Esther
Sep 03, 2013 Esther rated it it was amazing
Wow, loved this book. Talk about chemistry, emotion and character depth, this book had it all. Very impressed with this author! she will put on my auto bye list for sure. A must read!!!!!
Ipshita Ranjana
Feb 07, 2014 Ipshita Ranjana rated it it was amazing
This was just WOW..!!
Victoria Parker just became my a must read hp author.After a stunning debut she has written another awesome book...!!!
Yui
Aug 21, 2013 Yui rated it did not like it
Shelves: harlequin
boring, too much inner monologue. not enough dialog. every speech is disected inside the charaters thoughts it's distructing.
  • Lost to the Desert Warrior (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #3)
  • A Facade to Shatter (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #6)
  • The Playboy of Puerto Banus
  • A Shadow of Guilt (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #3)
  • Never Say No to a Caffarelli (Those Scandalous Caffarellis, #1)
  • The Couple who Fooled the World
  • Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation
  • The Sicilian's Unexpected Duty (Irresistible Sicilians, #2)
  • What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1)
  • A Bargain with the Enemy (The Devilish D'Angelos #1)
  • The Dimitrakos Proposition
  • A Scandal in the Headlines (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #7)
  • The Savakis Mistress (Modern Romance, #889)
  • Reckless Night In Rio
Victoria Parker's first love was a dashing heroic fox named Robin Hood. Then came the powerful, suave Mr Darcy, then Lady Chatterley's rugged lover and the list goes on. Thinking she must be an unfaithful sort of girl, but ever the optimist, she relentlessly pursued her Mr. Literary Right and eventually found him lying between the cool, crisp sheets of an M&B Harlequin romance. Her obsession w ...more
More about Victoria Parker...

St. George (2 books)