Start by marking “The Survivor (Mitch Rapp #14)” as Want to Read:
The Survivor (Mitch Rapp #14)

The Survivor (Mitch Rapp #14)

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  603 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Top secret data has been stolen from the CIA, and the only man who knows its hiding place is dead. CIA operative Mitch Rapp must race to find the classified information in this blistering novel that picks up where The Last Man left off in Vince Flynn’s New York Times bestselling series.

Joseph “Rick” Rickman, former boy wonder at the CIA, stole a massive amount of top secre
Audio
Expected publication: October 6th 2015 by Simon & Schuster Audio

To ask other readers questions about The Survivor, please sign up.

Ryan The Rappologist Steck Sr. No. He passed away from prostrate cancer, not pancreatic cancer... Secondly, he'd already started The Survivor, and a "ghost writer" wasn't needed as…moreNo. He passed away from prostrate cancer, not pancreatic cancer... Secondly, he'd already started The Survivor, and a "ghost writer" wasn't needed as Kyle Mills was hired to continue the franchise. The Survivor will be released on 10/6. I've read it twice, it's one of the best Mitch Rapo books yet! For more info, including my review, go to www.MitchRappFan.com(less)
Ben Look for it October 6, 2015. Love the Ludlum books that Kyle Mills writes

Mielyglory
we lost a great writer in vince flynn. so sad that I would be seeing vince's mitch rapp for the last time in this last installment. RIP Vince! you will always be remembered...
Dave Schultz
I was lucky enough to have won an early copy of this long awaited Mitch Rapp novel (Mitch Rapp Ambassador ). Since the unfortunate passing of Vince Flynn, then learning that Kyle Mills would be carrying the Rapp torch I have to admit my expectations were not high. I thought the book would be missing something that only Vince Flynn could bring to life in Mitch Rapp.
Well with that said, fans of this series can rest at ease.
Now I don't know how much of this book was written by Flynn before he pas
Julie Pewe
Dec 02, 2014 Julie Pewe marked it as to-read
Shelves: mystery-suspense
I'm so glad to hear this book (and the Mitch Rapp series) will be completed even after Vince Flynn's untimely death. I recently (9/2014) read on VinceFlynn.com that author Kyle Mills was selected to complete the book and series. Estimated publish date for this book is sometime in 2015. Many thanks to Vince's wife, estate and publishers for allowing the beloved series to continue!
Gary
Thank you to Net Galley and Simon & Schuster for supplying this book in exchange for a honest review.
This is my 2nd book in this series but obviously my first by author Kyle Mills who has taken over the series following the sad death of author Vince Flynn.
The book is a very good effort from a talented author that is facing a very tough act to follow on with this series. Lots of the trade mark signs are present in this book, action, suspense and very strong characters. I have given this book
I received an advanced reader's copy from MitchRapp.com. Consider me an official Mitch Rapp ambassador. No character compares.

I 've never before read a Mitch Rapp book in more than 1 sitting. This time I did, due to personal stuff going on in my own life, but it feels fitting that doing so means I finished the Survivor on the anniversary of Vince's death. A great author, American, and man, may he rest in peace.

The first Rapp book since Vince's passing, I was anxious that I would be able to notic
Ryan The Rappologist Steck Sr.
I was able to obtain and advanced readers copy of The Survivor, a Mitch Rapp novel by Kyle Mills. I've already written and published a full (spoiler-free) review on my Mitch Rapp fan-site: www.MitchRappfan.com and would encourage you to read it there.

For those just wondering how Kyle Mills does replacing the late Vince Flynn, well, he nails it! As a true Rapp connoisseur, with a hefty Rolodex of notes, I can tell you unequivocally, that there is no disparity between the way Vince and Kyle portr
Phil Melton
If you are concerned about Kyle Mills' continuing Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp books, any apprehensions can be laid to rest. 'The Survivor' is an excellent addition to the series. Mills has clearly immersed himself in Vince Flynn's writing. The settings, pacing, and characterizations are (to this long time Rapp fan) virtually indistinguishable from those of Vince Flynn's volumes.

The 13 previous books in the series left a wealth of backstory for a writer picking up the Flynn mantle to utilize, and M
Michael
Jan 27, 2014 Michael marked it as to-read
May he rest in peace.. A great writer looked forward to reading his books.. Not the same without him now..
Josh Grubb
Kyle Mills did a wonderful job balancing the tasks of adopting a pre-existing series with pre-existing character arcs and pushing the series forward. He wrote this is an incredibly respectful way that showed a great deal of dedication to Flynn's work. He also made it his own and took some risks. I loved it and couldn't put it down. Go get yourself a copy when it is released in October.
Chad
I don't know where Vince left off and Kyle took over, but this book didn't miss a beat. The Mitch Rapp that we know and love lives on. Just getting into the reading game a couple of years ago my brother encouraged me to read this series and I have enjoyed every book. Sitting at Earl of sandwich in Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, news broke that Vince had passed away. I didn't know what to expect of the transition to Kyle but he did not disappoint. I think Mitch will be in good hands for the fores ...more
Phil Melton

Matt Lasure
I received an Advance Reader Edition for becoming a Mitch Rapp Ambassador and providing an unbiased review.

The Survivor picks up where The Last Man leaves off and by the end has wrapped the story arc and successfully developed a beginning for the direct transition to Mitch Rapp as seen through the eyes of Kyle Mills.

It is a pretty legit entry into the Mitch Rapp Cannon...by far not my favorite, but certainly one of the better. Kyle Mills has done a bang up job here and I look forward to what he
Matthew Bentz
May 28, 2014 Matthew Bentz marked it as to-read
Just finished reading the Mitch Rapp series, Vince Flynn was an amazing writer and taken way before his time. Hopefully we will see a conclusion to The Survivor and the series.
Miranda
I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher as a Mitch Rapp Ambassador. It was bittersweet to pick up the last book Vince worked on. I will say though that Kyle Mills did an excellent job of maintaining the integrity and writing style that we all grew to love in Vince's series. I was really nervous before reading this book that I would be disappointed in how someone else would lead the characters. However, this is an awesome read and I believe Vince himself would give it a stella ...more
Eric
For Mitch Rapp fans, it was a dark day when Vince Flynn finally succumbed to cancer and passed away. Despite most readers only knowing Vince through his writing and possibly a TV or print interview, at age 45, it was obviously a life cut way short for his family and friends. I wondered how the edgy character he created could live on with him. After two years it was announced that Kyler Mills would carry the Mitch Rapp banner.

Having read all of Vince's books, I was eager to see what if any chang
M
Jul 04, 2015 M marked it as to-read
Shelves: dying-to-read
Kyle Mills is a great thriller writer in his own right so it's not at all surprising to me that he was chosen after Vince passed away (too soon) to carry on this series. I really wish I could have read the collaboration between Vince Flynn and Brian Haig, but this is also a great collaboration since Vince was working on the book before he died.
Karen Grikitis
This fast-moving political thriller spanning three continents continues the story of ‘The Last Man’, Vince Flynn’s final novel. It is testament to Kyle Mills’ skill as a writer that he has succeeded in recreating Vince Flynn’s world of elite CIA operative Mitch Rapp and CIA Director Irene Kennedy. ‘The Survivor’ is a riveting read that plays out well in terms of plot, pace and characterisation.

Despite the demise of rogue CIA agent Rick Rickman and his accomplice, Akhtar Durrani, deputy general o
Marissa
Goodreads Advance Reader’s Edition Win

We once again meet up with CIA agent Mitch Rapp as he must find top secret CIA information that has been stolen and the only person who knows where it is dead. Mitch must find the missing information before it gets into the wrong hands and used.

Joseph “Rick” Rickman, former boy wonder at the CIA decided to steal the information as he sold the information to the highest bidder and himself as well to the Pakistanis. But things went astray when CIA director Ire
Itsadog
I received this ARC for free through Goodreads First Reads. Thank you, Simon and Schuster!

I couldn't find anything to like about this book other than the cover art. It's the first I've read of the series but I had high expectations of a NYT bestselling American favorite. Not being American, though, the "patriotic" elements made it come across as a heavy-handed propaganda piece. The plot was fast but pretty thin, I couldn't get into the writing, the characters were one-dimensional, and every fema
Annie
The CIA has a big problem. Joseph "Rick" Rickman, one of their own who was stationed in Jalalabad for many years, turned on them, faked his own kidnapping and started releasing top secret information about CIA and their undercover assets all over the world. Even his death, did not stop the secrets from coming out. CIA director Irene Kennedy needs to find out what Rick knew and how the information is being released. Mitch Rapp, who has proven over the years that he is a survivor, is on a mission ...more
Judy
Jun 27, 2014 Judy marked it as to-read
I was very sad when heard Vince had passed away. He seemed like a very nice person besides being a great writer.
Cameron Clark
I have been looking forward to this book for a while, and I was lucky enough to win a copy of The Survivor from Goodreads. You can read my full review at Four Letter Nerd

If you are like me, you were a little concerned when it was announced that another author was going to be brought in to finish up Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp series. Like most Rapp fans, I was definitely a little nervous when I heard another author was being brought in to finish up the series, but I can tell you with full confidenc
Ramcharan Reddy
most interesting edge of seat thriler frm mitch rapp series.
Rich Lamberti
very smooth transition from Vince Flynn (RIP) to Kyle Mills - almost the same voice, but a slightly different take -
Skyelr
Great book! Kyle Mills did an excellent job of staying absolutely true to the original Vince Flynn books. I will admit that I was skeptical about how well another author could carry on the Mitch Rapp stories, but I was highly satisfied with this new edition.
The book is a good read and definitely a not-to-miss for any Mitch Rapp fan.
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
Expected publication: October 6th 2015 by Atria/Emily Bestler Books
Tomas
Awesome
Karl
Karl marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Rick Rodriguez
Rick Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Rating a book before it's been released 3 9 Jun 16, 2015 12:00PM
Obtained an early copy, here is my review! 1 7 Jun 16, 2015 11:59AM
  • Untitled #1 New Series
  • The Guilty (Will Robie, #4)
  • Commander-in-Chief (Jack Ryan, #11)
  • The Forgotten Soldier (Pike Logan, #9)
  • Patriot (Alexander Hawke, 9)
  • Independence Day (Dewey Andreas, #5)
  • The Crossing (Harry Bosch, #20)
  • Make Me (Jack Reacher #20)
  • The Promise (Elvis Cole, #14; Joe Pike, #5)
  • Code of Conduct (Scot Harvath, #14)
  • Under Fire (Jack Ryan Jr., #6)
  • The Pharaoh's Secret (NUMA Files, #13)
  • The Bone Labyrinth (Sigma Force, #11)
  • One Killer Force (Delta Force, #4)
Kyle Mills lives in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, where he spends his time skiing, rock climbing and writing books.

Series:
* Mark Beamon

More about Kyle Mills...

Mitch Rapp (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • American Assassin (Mitch Rapp, #1)
  • Kill Shot (Mitch Rapp, #2)
  • Transfer of Power (Mitch Rapp #3)
  • The Third Option (Mitch Rapp #4)
  • Separation of Power (Mitch Rapp, #5)
  • Executive Power (Mitch Rapp #6)
  • Memorial Day (Mitch Rapp, #7)
  • Consent to Kill (Mitch Rapp, #8)
  • Act of Treason (Mitch Rapp, #9)
  • Protect and Defend (Mitch Rapp, #10)
The Ares Decision (Covert-One, #8) Rising Phoenix (Mark Beamon, #1) The Utopia Experiment (Covert-One, #10) Storming Heaven (Mark Beamon, #2) The Immortalists