Start by marking “Lone Star Lonely (The Texas Brand, #6)” as Want to Read:
Lone Star Lonely (The Texas Brand, #6)

Lone Star Lonely (The Texas Brands #6)

THE BLACKMAILED BRIDE

Two years ago, Kirsten Cowan had married the richest, meanest man in Texas--for reasons she had to hide from Adam Brand, the man she'd left standing at another alter....

Even now, Kirsten had to keep her secret, though she stood accused of her late husband's murder. Even though Adam Brand betrayed his own family to take her into hiding...

Because she kne
Mass Market Paperback, Silhouette Intimate Moments #907
Published February 1999 by Silhouette

To ask other readers questions about Lone Star Lonely, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lone Star Lonely

Luvmyfamily
Jan 13, 2015 Luvmyfamily rated it liked it
Well I have to say. I was a little disappointed in the characters in this book. Adam promised over and over that he would be there for her and the moment she tells him the truth, he's GONE! Big character flaw in my opinion. He could have asked her for time to digest what she told him but no. He walks out on her.then blames it on grief for a 20 year old ACCIDENT. In my opinion the hero of the story should be a little more… more. Just kinda bummed that he had such a bad temper.

Then there was the
Louisse S.
Aug 09, 2012 Louisse S. rated it liked it
I'm not really into the western setting, but Ms. Shayne made me enjoy this book. The killer was so unexpected! Never see that one coming, really. Plus, the romance between Adam and Kirsten went lovely as well. They got married, finally!
Feb 11, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
OMG I loved this book. I'v alway liked Adam even tho he was a dick a lot to Kristen for good reason. Mystery secrets come out and new rd open up for a lot of characters. Great HEA.
Rachael
Feb 10, 2017 Rachael rated it it was amazing
wow
Megan
Aug 07, 2008 Megan rated it really liked it
Book 6 in the Brand series. I’m not a western romance fan, but since Ms. Shayne is one of my favorite authors, I knew I had to read her Brand series. Overall, they are all quite good! Some are a little bit better than others, in my opinion. If you are a fan of the western romances, you can’t miss this series!

The story of Adam Brand and future HEA- Kristen. Kristen left Adam at the altar while she married another man. Can he forgive her and keep her safe as she is accused of her late husband's mu
Alison Davies
Jan 23, 2015 Alison Davies rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adam was jilted at the alter and later he finds that his would be bride, married a rich man old enough to be her father.... It breaks him, he leaves for the city, he can't be in texas while she's there.... Kirsten has a secret, the reason she left the love of her life at the later and she's paid for it for the last two years... Her millionaire husband is murdered and she could spend the rest of her life in prison for it, even though she didn't kill him... I couldn't wait to read Adam and Kirsten ...more
Alison Davies
Jan 23, 2015 Alison Davies rated it it was amazing
Adam was jilted at the alter and later finds that his would be bride married a rich man old enough to be her father.... I breaks him, he leaves for the city, he can't be in Texas while she's there.... Kirsten has a secret, the reason she left the love of her life at the later and she's paid for it the last two years... Her millionaire husband is murdered and she could spend the rest of her life in prison, even though she didn't do it...I couldn't wait to read Adam and Kirsten's story and I wasn' ...more
Gretchen Fatouros
So disappointed. I love how the author has a lot of different types of situations which you haven't seen before.

If she had taken this one in a different direction, it would have been believable. As it stands, I am just in shock. I don't think this is realistic at all! I don't want to spoil it, but the reaction the the secret is totally off & I think the law should have been involved!!
Cali Jewel
Jul 06, 2015 Cali Jewel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adam Brand had his heart broken by the only woman he ever loved and never understood why until now. Kirsten has many issues but chief among them is the secrets she has had to keep for all these years. Love second chance romances and this one does not disappoint. Very emotional read.
Sandy
Dec 14, 2015 Sandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book

I have loved every one of these books I n this series and can't wait for the rest. I've read some out of order, but I think I have 3 more to finish all the Brand books. There is tomorrow I hope.
Hannah
2.5 Stars
paige flynn
Feb 24, 2015 paige flynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brands

If you want to believe that bad things happen to people and how a family can come to help. This is a series to read
Terry
Jan 31, 2017 Terry rated it liked it
Not my favorite Brand story but necessary stepping stone to know the family of characters.
Amy
Feb 23, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2007
I loved this book! The only thing I don't like about these books, is the ends, they always end the same way but different people and different events take place. I love it though.
Rita C
Oct 08, 2015 Rita C rated it did not like it
The premise of this one was so unpleasant that nothing could save this story. seriously depressing and way too soap opera to be bearable.
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Denise Peterson
Denise Peterson rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2015
Kelly Marie
Kelly Marie rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2015
☆~Stephanie ~☆
☆~Stephanie ~☆ rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2013
Debbie Ousley
Debbie Ousley rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2016
Svea
Svea rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2016
wilma j howard
wilma j howard rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2017
lena dowdy
lena dowdy rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2017
Becky
Becky rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2015
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Vicki Pearce
Vicki Pearce rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Mary Masic
Mary Masic rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2017
Shauna
Shauna rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Jodi
Jodi rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2010
Laurence Bénard-rault
Laurence Bénard-rault rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2016
  • Living on the Edge
  • Bittersweet Return (Dancing Moon Ranch, #6)
  • Danger Calls (The Calling, #2)
  • The Cowboy Takes a Wife (Hawk's Way #5)
  • Top-Notch Surgeon, Pregnant Nurse
  • The Cowgirl In Question (McCalls' Montana #1)
  • Monkey Wrench (Welcome to Tyler, #4)
  • Vampire Vendetta (Vampire #2)
  • The Highwayman (Wicked Games #1)
  • Moonglow
  • Dark & Dangerous
  • Should've Been a Cowboy (Sons of Chance, #4)
  • The Sheikh's Captive Bride (Surrender to the Sheikh, #7)
  • The Phoenix
  • Riley (Men of Courage, #2)
  • The Gallaghers of Morning Star Boxed Set (Texas Heroes: The Gallaghers of Morning Star Books 1-3)
  • Sorrows and Lace (Lonely Lace #3)
  • For Her Eyes Only
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more
More about Maggie Shayne...

The Texas Brands (10 books)
  • The Littlest Cowboy (The Texas Brands #1)
  • The Baddest Virgin in Texas (The Texas Brand, #2)
  • Badlands Bad Boy (The Texas Brand, #3)
  • Long Gone Lonesome Blues (The Texas Brand, #4)
  • The Lone Cowboy (The Texas Brand, #5)
  • The Outlaw Bride (The Texas Brand, #7)
  • Texas Angel (The Texas Brand, #8)
  • Texas Homecoming (The Texas Brand, #9)
  • The Texas Brand (The Texas Brands #1-3)