Start by marking “Captivated (Talented Saga, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Captivated (Talented Saga, #3.5)

Read Excerpt

Captivated (Talented #3.5)

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  406 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Can't get enough of Talia and Erik? Want to know about their first meeting? Interested in what happens between the books? Dying for a peek at what's coming in Created?

Captivated is a Talented Novella that includes four short stories, two from Talia's point of view, and two from Erik's point of view. The first is a detailed account of what happened the first time Talia and
Published February 27th 2013 by Dabber & Baehr

To ask other readers questions about Captivated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captivated

Talented by Sophie  DavisCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareDivergent by Veronica RothThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCreated by Sophie  Davis
Best Dystopian/Fantasy/Romance
9th out of 77 books — 38 voters
The Name of the Wind by Patrick RothfussThe Help by Kathryn StockettThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerSmashed, Squashed, Splattered, Chewed, Chunked and Spewed by Lance CarbuncleAlien Species Intervention by J.K. Accinni
Best New Author Debuts
97th out of 362 books — 808 voters

More lists with this book...

Fiona - Fiona's Book Reviews
This is a short story, well actually 4 short stories, giving us an insight into several moments in the lives of Talia and Erik, 2 of my favourite characters from the Talented Saga. This saga contains 4 books so far, with a fifth due out this summer, all of which I have previously read and reviewed.

This is not a standalone novella, you need to have read the full length books in order to fully appreciate what the author shares with us in these stories.

The first of these short stories is from Tali
Isis
If you haven't read the first three books in this series stop here as there are potential spoilers for all three in the review. . .

Jacquie Talento
Oct 10, 2013 Jacquie Talento rated it it was amazing
I received a copy from the author for an honest review.
This might be a novella but none the less one that got me excited all over again for the next book in the Talented series. It is four chapters sharing the feelings of Talia and Erik and building you up for the next book and how they first met. The last part is going to pull you in and not let you go. I’m not sure how patient I will be waiting for its release. This is one of my favorite series.
Justine
May 04, 2014 Justine rated it really liked it
After reading book three in the series I obviously had to pick up Captivated. I like that we got POVs from both Talia and Erik. My only issue was that the different POVs weren't labelled, so for the first bit of each I was sometimes confused as to what part was what and what point in time there were occurring. This was a great addition to the series and I'm glad we got these little glimpses into the story.
fennie
Feb 25, 2015 fennie rated it really liked it
the dedication of this novella is perfect: for all of the talia and erik lovers out there. umm yes thank you.

these four short stories run the gamut of being entertaining, devastating, sweet, funny, heart-warming, heart-breaking and make talia & erik's relationship that much fuller. really, these stories just make me love erik more (and thoroughly enjoy reading from his perspective). his love and loyalty and dedication to talia are so genuine as is his need to protect her.

oh my dear erik. who
Stephanie
Apr 28, 2014 Stephanie rated it really liked it
I think the dedication says it all:
`For all the Talia and Erik lovers out there`
Well that is exactly what this is, it`s a glimpse into some moments that were not in the books in the complete form they were in this novella; and it was beyond wonderful to get this little extra.
I love this couple and I want them to succeed and seeing how strong they both are gives me hope. I am ready for the next book and I am extra excited now that I`m so pumped by all the love and positive energy, well okay minus
Victoria
Apr 17, 2014 Victoria rated it it was amazing
Two lives flash before your eyes

*Read the other stories or review before this!*

Captivated isn't your normal go-between novella. It is the condensed version of Talia and Erik's story without all the extra storyline. It starts with their very first meeting when Talia and Erik fight for her chance to join the Hunters (Talia POV). Then it shifts to after Talia's solo mission and run-in with Ian Crane, when she is injured and Erik goes to visit her in the hospital while she is still unconscious (Erik
Christoph Fischer
Sep 06, 2013 Christoph Fischer rated it it was amazing
"Captivated" by Sophie Davis is as much a teaser as it is splendid bonus material for the Talented Series by this very talented author.
It consists of four shorts that take us back to where Talia and Erik - the twi main characters of the series - meet, and to some other key moments of their relationship and the plot of the series.
As pointed out in the blurb, you probably need to know the series for full enjoyment and to avoid spoilers.
The book is as well written as the rest of the series and off
Jaclyn
I had always liked Erik's personality and his relationship with Talia. After reading the third book, I knew that I wanted to read Captivated because it give just a little more insight into Talia and Erik's relationship. I liked that it was so short and that you were able to see brief moments that make their relationship so special. I would definitely read this BUT you need to read the first three books so you're not confused.
Marsha
Aug 25, 2013 Marsha rated it liked it
In all honesty, when I first read the book summary for "Captivated" I decided I would not buy it. I really wasn't interested in reading about Talia and Erik's initial sparring match and I did not necessarily want to read about one of their dates. However, I did want to read a prequel of the story for the upcoming fourth and final book, "Created."

I made it about five days before my curiosity got the better of me and forced me to buy the book. As I initially thought, I did not care one way or the
D.M. Midgley
Jan 25, 2014 D.M. Midgley rated it it was amazing
I love these Novellas where the author explores what happened before the first book and sometimes in between the books in the series. This one is from Talia and Eriks point of view from the first moment they met to when Erik ends up captured in book 3. I feel like i know more about them and can understand Talia and Erik more. I especially liked when they first met and the end of the novella with Erik in the prison. Really really good and it has given me a taste for book 4.
Booknut
I thought I couldn't possibly fall any more in love with the OTP that is Erik and Talia (couple names include: Talik and Erika :)).

I was wrong.

I thought that my heart couldn't possibly be shattered into more pieces than it was by the ending of Hunted.

I was wrong.

I thought that there was no way that Erik could become hotter than he already was.

I was so, so wrong!

Captivated is more than just a novella.

It is a glimpse into the minds, hearts and special moments of our favourite couple of the Talen
Linda
Nov 01, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-psychic
My favorite part? The short story from Erik's point of view after he is captured...not that I did not like reading how Erik and Talia initially met or when he visited her after she was hurt and staying at Mac's. Shockingly, I was surprised how much she didn't like Erik when they first met...yes, he was the last hurdle to her being a hunter, but he was not her enemy...just doing what he was supposed to do. Then again, Talia can be a brat sometimes. However, seeing things from Erik's perspective a ...more
Jan 27, 2015 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-fiction, dystopian
Meh. It's nice to read more about Erik and Talia but it doesn't add a whole lot to the story. The first three are pretty repetitive of the books. The fourth, about Erik I jail, is more interesting.
Alena
Jun 27, 2014 Alena rated it it was ok
I really don't care for short stories, and these don't even deserve to be called that. They are chapters, at best. They have no real substance, which is unfortunate, as I enjoy this series immensely otherwise.
Crissy
Oct 27, 2013 Crissy rated it it was amazing
“Captivated” is an excellent read and addition to the Talented saga. We get to see exactly how Erik and Talia met and how their first battle went before becoming teammates. This book gives us all of the in between moments that went on between Erik and Talia that we didn’t get in other books. We also get to read what Erik went through after being captured by Mr. McDonough and how he was handled while being held captive. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has read and loved the previous bo ...more
Magic Within the Pages
Feb 02, 2014 Magic Within the Pages rated it it was amazing
Reviewer: Donna - Magic Within The Pages
Rating: 5 Stars

I love these Novellas where the author explores what happened before the first book and sometimes in between the books in the series. This one is from Talia and Eriks point of view from the first moment they met to when Erik ends up captured in book 3. I feel like iIknow more about them and can understand Talia and Erik more. I especially liked when they first met and the end of the novella with Erik in the prison. Really really good and it
Drew Noland
Aug 10, 2014 Drew Noland rated it it was amazing
TALIA AMD ERIK!!!! Best couple ever!!! I loved reading from Erik's POV!
Shaina
Oct 01, 2014 Shaina rated it liked it
Would have rated higher if not for spelling/grammar issues.
Michelle
Jun 17, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed these 4 short stories. Book 4 here I come!
Belinda
Apr 15, 2013 Belinda rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite series. This is a novella that got me excited all over again for the next book in the Talented series. It is four chapters sharing the feelings of Talia and Erik. It just keeps building you up for the next book in this series. This novella tells how they first met. The last part is going to pull you in and not let you go. I don't know how much longer I can wait for Created to be released and find out what happens with Talia and Erik. Great job as usual by Sophie Davis ...more
Liz McBee
May 06, 2015 Liz McBee rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Too short!!
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Mar 17, 2014 Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance Lovers
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Sophie Davis
I was intrigued and addicted to this phenomenally written story from beginning to end. I actually read this whole story in one setting. I fell in love with the characters all over again. This title really fits this story perfectly. I love how the feelings of these amazing characters are captured in the story, which left me captivated. I highly recommend this to all romantic hopefuls.

I received a Smashwords copy of this book, in return for an honest review.
Andrea
Apr 27, 2014 Andrea rated it really liked it
Spoiler-

Fun to learn more about Talia and Erik. Also loved knowing Erik's point of view when he learned that he wasn't hallucinating Talia he was actually observing her and she was coming to get him.
Kitlina
Mar 20, 2013 Kitlina rated it it was amazing
Thank you very much Ms. Davis for this. I really appreciate it that you care o much about your readers to give away books for free.
this was amazing, I'm so in love with Erik :))
Reading from his POV it's a whole new experience. The last story made me want so much more of Erik and Talia.
I can't wait for Created.
Cheryl Duval
Oct 11, 2013 Cheryl Duval rated it it was amazing
I loved this novella. It was interesting to find out what Talia and Erik were each thinking at their first meeting. This novella filled in some of the gaps which only enriched the story as a whole. I cannot wait for the final book to come out. My only problem is that I don't want it to be the final book!!
Tina Nelson
Jun 18, 2013 Tina Nelson rated it it was amazing
Well there is not to much to say about this one, I loved the 4 little stories especially the last one which was honestly the one I was looking forward to the most, but only because I LOVED the complete Talented Saga so much and looking forward to the fourth book to hopefully come out soon.
Barbara Gordon
Mar 11, 2013 Barbara Gordon rated it it was amazing
I loved the sneak peak into Erik's brain, and I loved the added scenes that were in this book. I ESPECIALLY loved the last part, the part that gave us a hint of what may be to come in book 4! Please hurry and finish book 4! I need another Talia and Erik fix!
Lauren
Sep 12, 2013 Lauren rated it it was amazing
This is a shorty story with little blurbs from Erik and Natalia through the series. It also gives us a little teaser of what is to come in the final book. Please do yourself the favor and read this wonderful series in order. Great read! WaAR
ww
Sep 30, 2013 ww rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
This was a good novella to help allay my anticipation for Created. Erik and Talia are so strong and a wonderful couple. The last short story in this is so exceptional as a representation of their bond. I wish to see them reunited now.
  • Underground (Terrestrials, #2)
  • Eleventh Elementum (Primortus Chronicles, #1)
  • Forbidden Life (Forbidden, #3)
  • Clone Three (Clone Chronicles, #1)
  • Cindy Witch (Blood and Snow, #13)
  • Radicals (Blood and Fire, #2)
  • Contrition (The Perception Trilogy, #3)
  • Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #4)
  • Linked (Guardian, #2)
  • The Human (The Eden Trilogy, #2)
  • Sacrifice (The Tate Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Toby Streams the Universe
  • Dies Irae (Requiem, #0.5)
  • I'll See You In Your Dreams
  • Denounced (Exalted, #2)
  • Tormented (Evolution #2)
  • Chevalier (Ondine Quartet, #2.2)
  • Life After War
"Sophie Davis" is the pseudonym for two best friends, roommates, and now writing partners. The pair met at Penn State's Dickinson School of Law in 2005 and instantly bonded over their love of great books and bad horror movies. After they graduated, when one longed for the ability to read minds so she wouldn't have to study for the bar exam, a Saga was born. When the Talented Saga went on to be an ...more
More about Sophie Davis...

Talented (4 books)
  • Talented (Talented Saga, #1)
  • Caged (Talented Saga, #2)
  • Hunted (Talented Saga, #3)
  • Created (Talented Saga, #4)