Start by marking “The Riverview Murders (Paul Whelan, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Riverview Murders (Paul Whelan, #5)

The Riverview Murders (Paul Whelan #5)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Margaret O'Mara is desperate to find her missing brother, Joe Colleran. She doesn't have a clue or a dime, and she hasn't seen her brother in thirty years. The last she heard, he was running a bar in Florida with an old war buddy, Michael Minogue. But when Minogue is discovered murdered on a Chicago pier, Margaret asks private eye Paul Whelan to solve the puzzle of her bro ...more
Published July 1st 1997 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about The Riverview Murders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Riverview Murders

Rebekkila
Every so often I pick up a book, look at the cover, and say to myself, "Why bother it looks terrible." Then I start the book and am proved very wrong. The story was good. Paul Whelan is a private eye hired to find out what happened to a group of friends that have all been dying mysterious deaths since the end of WWII. I was really into the mystery, I loved the banter between Paul and some of the other characters. But what was really great was the way the author loves Chicago. I love Chicago too, ...more
Frank
library audiobook. Apparently a 15 year old publication returning as an audiobook. The book had a lot of detail about Chicago and Chicago neighborhood life in the early 1940's through the end of WW II, then a lot more detail about restaurants in the 1980's. Most of the action is in the 1980's, but it seemed anachronistic. The 20-somethings of 1943 would be pushing around 60 at the time of the action but are depicted as older. Developed slowly, then multiple twists at the end.
Julie
I enjoyed this one as much for the tour of Chicago eateries as I did for the mystery.
Abigail Grunst
Too many characters for me to keep track of. Disappointed that there was not more about Riverview in the book. A little about Riverview at the beginning and a little at the end. So for those of us who remember Riverview in Chicago a disspointment. It takes place in Chicago so it was nice to be able to visualize some of the places in the book. Interesting Mystery and a surprise ending.
Ivah
Good detective fiction, especially for Chicagoans interested in the north and northwest side neighborhoods. The story covers the mid 1940's to mid 1980's, with lots of neighborhood descriptions embellishing the mystery.
Liz
Good mystery. I love this kind of book.
Nancy Mcdaniel
Nancy Mcdaniel marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2013
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2013
Mhm
Mhm marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2013
Jezika
Jezika added it
Mar 07, 2012
Khanson919
Khanson919 marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2011
Michael Raleigh is the author of five critically acclaimed novels. His most recent, The Riverview Murders, won the first Eugene Izzi Award. He has received four Illinois Arts Council Grants for fiction. He teaches English at Truman College in Chicago.
More about Michael Raleigh...
In the Castle of the Flynns The Blue Moon Circus Death in Uptown (Paul Whelan, #1) A Body in Belmont Harbor (Paul Whelan, #2) Killer on Argyle Street (Paul Whelan, #4)