Start by marking “My Cherished Enemy” as Want to Read:
My Cherished Enemy

My Cherished Enemy

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  173 ratings  ·  12 reviews
DEVIL'S MISTRESS
Seeking protection from her vicious scheming uncle, spirited Kathryn of Ashbury is forced to turn to her despised enemy, Guy de Marche, the dashing Earl of Sedgewick, for aid. But the handsome arrogant knight demands more than she is willing to give—arousing within her a passion she has vowed to resist.

MASTER OF HER HEART
Guy returned from the Crusades to fi
ebook, Revised Edition
Published March 1st 2012 by Smashwords (first published May 1992)

To ask other readers questions about My Cherished Enemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Cherished Enemy

Katya
Netanella
This one should be retitled My Cherished Enemy: Emotional Abuse of Loved Ones in Medieval Times. A full 3/4 of the novel our hero and heroine spent reviling each other with all sorts of dastardly names and accusations - how does love grow from such hatred? Regardless, it was a fun read for me (not that I condone bad behavior) and I'll continue to read more from this author.
Holly
May have slight spoilers.

My Cherished Enemy by Samantha James introduces us to Kathryn of Ashbury and Guy de Marche, Earl of Sedgewick.

Guy has returned after three years from the Holy Lands after having been on the Crusade and captured. In the dungeon that is were he learned of the birth of his son, and the death of his wife. He vows to have revenge of the man who raided his lands while he was away; Richard of Ashbury. Without wasting time, Guy quickly sets about retaking his lands and then goin
CrazyPenguinLady
Also known as One Thousand and One Big Misunderstandings: The Tale of Two Lovers Who Would Have Solved Their Every Problem If They Had But Sat Down and Talked Once. Still, I enjoyed it. I recommend it for anyone looking for a typical angsty read that's not to be taken too seriously.
Rebecca
This book followed a well traveled path for romance novels. A fiery love-hate relationship between a dominate male and a feisty female. I found myself fairly easily distracted from the book - especially after the first half or so. Most of it was fairly predictable, and the last 25% was that annoying theme writers over-use (I love him, but I refuse to tell him. Oh, I so wish he could only love me. I love her, but I'll go to the devil before I admit it to her... etc.).

Also, I would like to note th
Ana
Ok, this was very difficult to read. The emotional roller coaster the story drags you through is just plain tiring! The book is fine but the endless self-talk that leads to numerous misunderstandings on both parties was just too much! I was literally exhausted by the time I finished it. Literally exhausted!!
Antoinette Lewis
What a fight of wills. I must say I am glad to be born in this era for women owning their own and not being barter or cast aside at a father's, king's or Husband's whim
Valarie38hotmail.com
A very enjoyable book.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Set in Medieval England around the year 1152. This has the love-hate relationship between the hero and heroine. I didn't care too much for the characters. Hero was a major jerk. I can't see giving it more than 3 stars.
Mydearloverboy
5++ stars!!...definitely one of my favs. now;)
really liked the plotline and character depth portrayed in the book.

Overall a great, awesome read;)
Julie
another good book by this author! Great story line with strong willed characters!
Marie
so much angst, i became frustrated frequently but read straight through beginning to end.
Josephine Otutu-Kwafo
Josephine Otutu-Kwafo marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Asteropê
Asteropê marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Kathi
Kathi marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Angel Walker
Angel Walker marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Kri
Kri marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Shlushka
Shlushka marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Sidonia
Sidonia marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Shanna
Shanna added it
Apr 03, 2015
Ritzyana Lochun
Ritzyana Lochun marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
  • The Savage
  • Parting Gifts
  • Night Wind's Woman (Santa Fe Trilogy, #1)
  • The Innocent's Surrender
  • The Devil's Lady (de Laci, #1)
  • The Price Of Desire
  • The Marriage Bed
  • Blackheart
  • Mustang Wild (Wild, #1)
  • Dangerous
  • The Princess (Bride Quest, #1)
  • Lie Down In Roses
  • Speak Only Love (Regency Duo, #1)
  • The Vow
  • The Perfect Wife
  • Her Sister's Baby
  • To Have and To Hold (Wyckerley Trilogy, #2)
  • Heart of Fire
Growing up in Joliet, Illinois, Samantha James had many childhood aspirations--being a writer was never one of them. When she was ten, she was certain she was destined to be an astronomer. That soon changed (happened a lot during those pre-teen years!) when she decided archaeology was in her future. Detective work was her next goal, thanks to the Trixie Belden mysteries she was reading, and before ...more
More about Samantha James...
A Perfect Bride (Sterling Trilogy, #1) A Perfect Groom (Sterling trilogy, #2) The Secret Passion of Simon Blackwell (McBride Family, #1) His Wicked Ways (McKay, #1) Gabriel's Bride