Start by marking “The Greatest Lover Ever (The Westruthers, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Greatest Lover Ever (The Westruthers, #2)

The Greatest Lover Ever (The Westruthers #2)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  277 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Passion to last a lifetime...

The Sweetest Scandal

Beautiful, exuberant, and stubborn Georgiana Black has more spirit than sense—which she learns when an ultimatum to the Earl of Beckenham ends their engagement. Six years later, Georgie is less concerned with impending spinsterhood than with making sure her young sister doesn't make the same mistakes she did. But soon Georgi
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published December 31st 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Greatest Lover Ever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Greatest Lover Ever

Tin
Mar 10, 2014 Tin rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Marcus Westruther, the Earl of Beckenham, is known by most ladies as a great lover, but, to one lady, Georgie Black, he is known simply as Marcus, the one who got away. They grew up in neighbouring estates and had been engaged from a young age and both moved with a comfortable certainty that, someday, they would be married and live happily ever after. When the time came, however, they had not counted on how age would affect them or how London society would change them, and so, two people who hav ...more
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
The Westruthers series is a spin off from Ms Brooke’s popular Ministry of Marriage series and features four cousins, Jonathon, Earl of Davenport, Marcus, Earl of Beckenham, Xavier, Marquis of Steyne and Andrew, Viscount Lydgate, all intent on avoiding the parson’s noose. Jonathon succumbed to cupid’s dart in London’s Last True Scoundrel and now it’s Marcus’s turn.

How I imagine Marcus

“Beckenham’s a dark horse, mark my words. It’s the quiet ones you have to watch.”

How true these words spoken by
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out

A charming regency romance, The Greatest Lover Ever is the second book in Christina Brooke's 'The Westruther's' series, a spin off from her Ministry of Marriage trilogy.

Six years after his broken engagement, the Earl of Beckenham determines it is time to take a wife, he knows exactly what he is looking for, "a countess who would do her duty without fuss, who was prepared to lead her own life...A wife who would create no dramas...A wife who would leave him in peace." In short, a woman nothing lik
Feminista
Aug 12, 2015 Feminista marked it as never-to-read
promiscuous hero...
Annie
Dec 29, 2013 Annie rated it it was amazing
I've read all Christina Brooke's stories and this is my favourite so far. I loved the tension between hero and heroine as they face each other again after so many years, both fighting their feelings and trying to pretend it's not attraction and love they experience. There's wit, passion, emotion, fantastic romance, terrific writing and of course men in boots. Highly recommended.
Bj
The Greatest Lover Ever is a British historical romance with elements of suspense and mystery. The second book in The Westruthers series, it nonetheless contains a discrete plot, and therefore can be read on a stand-alone basis. With clever unexpected plot twists for those who have the fortitude to continue this story to its end, it’s a slightly above average listen.

Georgina Black and Marcus Beckenham, the Earl of Beckenham, always knew that their families intended for them to wed. As neighbors,
Jackie
Mar 27, 2014 Jackie rated it really liked it
3.5 Another well-written, character-driven regency from Brooke, one with clear feminist sensibilities. My favorite part:

Her evil genius made her push him to acknowledge it. She wanted, suddenly, to get hi as hot and bothered as he'd made her in the villa that night.
That's what Delilahs did, wasn't it? Or was that a Jezebel? She'd never paid an awful lot of attention to the words men used to describe the women who held power of them.
Anger flared again at the castigation. Delilah. She'd tempt
Ebony McKenna
Nov 21, 2013 Ebony McKenna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another sensational, sensual Regency novel from Christina Brooke, who has become an auto-buy for me. Her Ministry of Marriage series of connected but stand-alone romances are gorgeous and sigh-worthy from page one right through to the finish.

The Greatest Lover Ever is a story of second chances and redemption. Heiress Georgie Black throws away her future with Lord Marcus Beckenham, mostly because she enjoys riling him up too much, but also because she's so infuriatingly stubborn. Marcus is as stu
Alex
Aug 24, 2014 Alex rated it it was ok
Weakest book that I've read from Christina Brooke. The book was simply based on a misunderstanding and it could have been solved much sooner. Weak villain, as well.

Alex's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Apr 03, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
What to you get when you have feisty, passionate, stubborn characters and lots of plot twist, a Christina Brooke novel! The author does a nice job of conveying a Regency Period feel in her work. Witty dialog and an interesting hero and heroine make for a winner with the fifth book in her Ministry of Marriage Series.
Helen
Dec 21, 2013 Helen rated it it was amazing
This is a must read book MS Brooke will transport you back to the Regency with the most wonderful of heroes Beckenham he is so controlled and sticks to the rules of the ton after his bethroal is broken by Georgie Black Beckenham goes his own way away from the Ton while Georgie who is known for speaking out stays quiet as well for 6 years. Until Beckenham decides that he needs a wife and goes to one of his cousins to get help this is where the adventurous and sensual journey begins after compromi ...more
Mary
Jan 07, 2014 Mary rated it it was amazing
This was one of the most enjoyable books I've read in awhile. The characters grab you right away and the story is fast paced and intriguing. Throw in some hot sex and a wonderful epilogue and you've got the perfect book.

Marcus and Georgie were promised to each other for years and then circumstances caused the break off of their engagement. This books starts off six years later when they again cross paths. The path to romance is rocky and complicated, but as in all good romance novels, love wins
Mudpie
Feb 07, 2014 Mudpie rated it liked it
The conflict between Georgie and Marcus can get tedious and repetitive. ..him always giving her lectures. ..but a sensual and delightful tale. Violet ain't no shrinking violet ha!
Lisa
Mar 16, 2014 Lisa rated it it was ok
Good plot. Boring writing. Needs editing. This book could have been about 40 pages shorter and it would have made it SO much better.
Mary Evers
Sep 19, 2014 Mary Evers rated it really liked it
Great! There was something about this story that just sucked me in! I couldn't seem to put it down. I had to keep reading till it was done!
Pam M
Jan 14, 2015 Pam M rated it really liked it
Their stubbornness and misunderstandings made this book drag and I found myself skimming. 3.5
J.A. Kenney
Apr 02, 2014 J.A. Kenney rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, historical
This was okay...a fairly typical regency era romance with a spirited woman and a subdued man...

Nothing exciting, nothing different...

Donna Campbell
Jun 30, 2015 Donna Campbell rated it liked it
I thought the title was totally misleading.....enough said.
Jan 12, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing
I love the Ministry of Marriage series. While this is a different series, the same characters are in this novel. I was so glad to find it when I bought another book.

Please read my full review at my blog: http://letague.blogspot.com/2014/01/t...
Landra Graf
Jan 07, 2014 Landra Graf rated it really liked it
This is probably my 2nd favorite Christina Brooke book. She's become an auto-buy author for me. Her stories are so wonderful and very original with delicious enemies-to-lovers tropes and arranged marriages. This book was no exception and I can't wait for the next one. The Westruther boys are going down.
Danette Steward
Jun 16, 2015 Susan Ash hanson rated it it was ok
A little boring
Martha
Feb 16, 2014 Martha rated it really liked it
Overall, I liked this book. The reason the hero and heroine broke their engagement 6 years ago previously, was a huge misunderstanding. They were both so stubborn...I wanted to shake them and make them admit their feelings for each other! Neither one wanted to look foolish. It took a little too long for them to resolve their differences and find their happily ever after.
Ellen
I would've liked to see a bit of grovelling on Beckenham's side of things and while I like that Pearce was actually in love with Georgie I must say I hope that someone helps him out for he is kind of tragic in the end. Yes Georgie didn't like him at all but he was genuinely in love with her and acted in such a way to try and get her love. His feud and backstory with his father (child of rape, deliberately impoverished by his "father") means I hope he gets some kind of happy ending.
Barbara
Feb 06, 2014 Barbara rated it liked it
This was only an average book, but it is still a good addition to the series. Beckenham, or Marcus as Georgie calls him, is a staid, uptight peer. Georgie had been a young, but of a wild child at eighteen, but 6 years later, is mature and has determined her future. It is their past, an engagement that ended badly, that cuuases their animosity. In the usual manner of this trope, one they actually meet and spend time with each other, they realize what they gave away.
Lady Day
Jul 06, 2014 Lady Day rated it liked it
Shelves: second-chance
This story had potential, especially at the begining, but that faded away. It was very different from the the first book in the series.

I did not like the Hero. He was to narrow minded and a constant brooder. If it had not been for the audio version, I don't think I would have finished the story.

Next, the author wrote the majority of this story in narration format and introspection. Not very much dialogue, therefore the story moved at a slow pace.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 01, 2015 08:41AM
  • Her Christmas Earl
  • Why Earls Fall in Love (Wicked Widows, #2)
  • Twilight with the Infamous Earl (Lords of Vice, #7)
  • The Duke in My Bed (The Heirs' Club of Scoundrels Trilogy, #1)
  • The Autumn Bride (Chance Sisters, #1)
  • If Wishes Were Earls (Rhymes With Love, #3)
  • The Duke's Double (Lords of Love)
  • By Love Unveiled (Restoration, #1)
  • Floored
  • Untamed
  • Sins of a Ruthless Rogue (Sinners Trio, #2)
  • I Loved a Rogue (The Prince Catchers, #3)
  • Secrets Of Whitewater Creek
  • The Once and Future Duchess (Royal Entourage, #4)
  • Miss Molly Robbins Designs a Seduction (Sydney Dovedale, #4)
  • Northern Heat
  • When the Marquess Met His Match (An American Heiress in London, #1)
  • Wicked Little Secrets (Wicked Little Secrets, #1)
Christina Brooke writes witty, sexy historical romance novels set in Regency England.

Her first series for St. Martin's Press, The Ministry of Marriage series, focuses on the aristocratic and powerful Westruther family.

Orphaned or abandoned as children, six cousins came under the guardianship of the Duke of Montford and grew up together under his roof. Each of the three girls, Jane HEIRESS IN LOV
More about Christina Brooke...

The Westruthers (3 books)
  • London's Last True Scoundrel (The Westruthers, #1)
  • The Wickedest Lord Alive (The Westruthers, #3)